Happiness

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their wedding, Taemin and Naeun, changed outfit since they are going straight to the Incheon International airport after saying goodbye to their wedding guests.

“Komawo, Moonkyu-ah.” Naeun said to Moonkyu while shaking hands with him.

“It’s nothing… I’m really happy for the both of you.” He said.

“Thank you, buddy. As always…please take care of my studio.” Taemin said and pats Moonkyu’s shoulder.

“Of course.” Moonkyu smiled.

“See you.” Taemin and Naeun waved their hands as Moonkyu is leaving with his car.

“See you. Bye!”

After that Kibum and Woohyun appeared beside them with sweet smiles on their faces.

“Congratulations.” Woohyun said.

“That was a very romantic and beautiful wedding. Congratulations.” Kibum said.

“Thank you for coming.” Taemin said.

“You’re welcome. Take care of Naeun… Don’t let go of her eve again, ok?” Kibum said.

“Don’t make her cry… if ever she cries… make sure her tears are happy tears.” Woohyun said.

“I will. Thank you very much.” Taemin bowed.

“Thank you Kibum. Thank you Woohyun.” Naeun said and she hugged them.

Suddenly their long-time friends appeared.

“So! Are the two of you ready to leave Korea for Spain?” Eunji said.

“Very.” Taemin and Naeun said.

Then their parents came.

“Omma!” Naeun called.

“Congratulations.” Naeun’ mother hugged Taemin and Naeun.

“Thank you, omma.”

“Thank you eomonim.”

“Please take care of my daughter there, ok? This is her first time to go on a trip with just one person… It’s also her first time to go to a very far country…” She said.

“Don’t worry, eomonim… I’ll take care of her. Promise.”

“I’m so happy to have you my son. Oh my God, I’m tearing up.” Taemin’s mother said.

“Mom… can you please stop being like that?” Taemin frowned.

“Yeah… she’s so emotional…tsk.” Taemin’s father said.

“Naeun-ah… have fun in Spain, ok?” Taemin’s mother said.

“De, eomonim… kamsahamnida…” Naeun bowed.

“Ahh…wait…” Taemin’s mother suddenly grabbed something from her bag.

She gave Naeun a piece of paper.

“Huh?” Naeun wondered.

Then she grabbed Naeun’s arm and take her away from Taemin and starts to speak in a very low tone.

“When you get there… I know this is so embarrassing to ask… but… can you and Taemin make a honeymoon baby? I’m so eager to have a grandson or granddaughter…” She said.

“…ahh… eomonim… well… we’ll try…” Naeun awkwardly smiled.

“Ok! Anyway, please take care of my son. And I’m going to give you this…” She hands her the paper.

“What is this?”

“About my precious Taemin! His favourite dishes and all…” She said.

“…thank you, eomonim.”

“You’re welcome.” And she hugged her.

Then they went back to the area. Suddenly, a car came in front of them. The driver’s window is slowly going down and revealed Taesun.

“Are you finished saying goodbye?” He said.

“We’re just waiting for you, hyung.” Taemin said.

“I’m sorry I can’t get away easily in the parking lot…Anyway, get in!” He said.

“Drive safely Taesun-ah, ok?” Taemin’s mother said.

“Ok, mom.”

“Help your brother and your sister-in-law in their luggage, ok?”

“Ok. We’re leaving now. Bye!”

“Bye, omma, appa, Sae-eun.” Naeun said.

“Bye!”

“Bye eomonim, abeoji!” Naeun waved her hands to them.

“Have fun in Spain!”

“Bye Taemin! Take care of our Naeun!” Eunji said.

“I will! See you all after ten days!” Taemin said.

“Bye! Take care!”

 

>< 

 

Taemin and Naeun got inside the plane safely for their two-thirty am flight. Naeun is sitting in the windows seat and immediately lays her head on Taemin’s shoulder as she is feeling so tired and sleepy.

“Are you sleepy?” Taemin asked.

“Kinda.”

Taemin gently her hair and touch her cheeks.

“How many times did you visit Spain?” She suddenly asked.

“Only once. I visited it when I was in high school. I was with my family along with Kwonho and Jongin. Suho hyunjg wasn’t there since at that time he was studying in America.”

“Ahh…----Hmm…Oppa.”

“Hm?”

“We’re now married, right?”

“Yeah…why?”

“We started dating last February 1, then we ended our relationship after four months, on the first week of June…After four months… we saw each other again…Then we got back together on December 12, then we got engaged on December 24, then after four months…. we got married.”

“Ok…We like four months so much, right?”

“Yeah. That’s what I’m talking too…So many things happened, right?”

“Yeah… so many…”

“Right. I never thought that it would happen to me… Anyway, I just realized that… I still don’t know much about you… your favourite things and whatnot”

“That’s because you never ask---”

“I’m not that kind of girl who will ask first about that… I want the guy to ask it first before me…”

“Then let’s talk about our favourite things… what we like… what we don’t like when we reach Barcelona… ok?”

“Ok.”

Naeun suddenly chuckles.

“What’s so funny?” He asked.

“Nothing… it’s just… It’s like we’re just started dating.”

“Yeah… Anyway. let’s sleep, now…I’m so tired.”

“Ok.”

 

>< 

 

Their plane safely landed Barcelona-El Prat Airport in the afternoon and both of them immediately took a cab to go to the Splendum Suites.

They got off in front of the hotel and quickly paid the cab driver.

“Do you know how to speak Spanish?” Naeun asked Taemin before entering the hotel.

“I only know ‘eres hermosa’” He said and he smirks.

“It means beautiful, right?” She said.

Taemin’s smile fades.

“How did you know?”

“I know how your brain works, Lee Taemin.”

He frowns.

“Anyway, let’s go and talk to the hotel receptionist.” She said and both of them carried their luggage and went inside.

A lady receptionist greets them with sweet smile.

“Buena senora tarde.” She said good afternoon to her.

“Ah…Buenas tarde… Do you…. speak English?” Naeun said.

“Yes, madam. How may I help you?”

“Thank God…Ammm….My sister named Sae-eun Son, she’s Korean, she have booked a room last month for me and my husband.” She said and she wets her lips.

“Oh.. yes. Can I get you and your husband’s name for confirmation?”

“Naeun Son and Taemin Lee.”

“Please wait.”

The receptionist checks their names in the monitor while Taemin and Naeun are waiting.

“Ok… Congratulations on your wedding!” The receptionist said.

“Ah—thank you.”

“Your sister told us that you and your husband will be staying here for ten days.”

“Yes.”

The receptionist opens the cabinet and finds their room key.

“Here are your keys, ma’am. You are booked into room 804. The elevator is down the hall. Shall I arrange for a bellboy to bring your bags up?” She said.

“No, thank you. We can manage.”

“Well, then, enjoy your stay.”

“Thank you very much. Muchas gracias.”

Taemin smiled and bowed to the lady. They immediately found the elevator and both of them quickly entered. Both of them didn’t speak a word after that since they are both so tired and sleepy.

When the elevator reaches the eight floor, both of them quickly finds their room and immediately enter.

Naeun place her luggage on the side and throws herself on the queen size bed.

“I’m so tired… I want to sleep.” She said while her eyes were closed.

Taemin drops his bag on the floor and left his luggage beside the door and joins Naeun on the bed. He dives and grabs a pillow.

“Me too… let’s sleep for now…I’m so tired and sleepy.” He said.

“Right. Let’s sleep first.”

Both of them sleep first without fixing their things as they were so tired from their flight and because they haven’t slept much in the plane.

After getting enough sleep, Naeun woke up and noticed that Taemin is not beside her. She then smells something.

“What’s that…. smell?” She said and she sits on the bed.

“Good evening.” Taemin smiled and is preparing something in the table.

Naeun blinks and gets off of the bed.

“Did you cook?” She asked.

“Yup. I used our kitchen here….  Here’s Lee Taemin’s Paella. Taste it.” He said.

“Waahh..…have you tried cooking for someone other than me?” She asked while looking at his dish.

“Yeah.” He nods.

Naeun’s eyes narrowed.

“Who is it?” She said.

“There was once…. In high school. I was with my friends. I was grilling some barbecue…when an old lady came--”

“Ah an old lady?”

“Yes, she came and I asked her to come eat with us… and of course to taste the barbecue I grilled.”

“Ahh…” Naeun chuckled.

“I’m sorry I cheated. It will never happen again.” He teased.

“…Actually…. I don’t mind if you cooked for some other girl.... as long as you didn’t do it at the time we were dating…” She said and she finally took a bite.

“How is it?”

“Surprisingly… it’s tasty… Did you put MSG in it?”

“Aniya!” Taemin quickly denies.

“And the sauce…Did you put instant curry sauce and tomato sauce instead?”

“Aniya…” He pouts.

“You’re so cute and funny at the same time Mr. Lee Taemin.” She said.

“Can I show you my aegyo?” He asked.

“Nevermind.”

Taemin frowns and starts to eat his paella.

“So what’s our plan for tonight?” She asked.

“Umm…I don’t know… Barcelona’s nightlife is kinda… I don’t know if you will like it…”

“What is it?”

“People always go to bars, pubs and clubs…”

“Really? …Well, let’s go there sometimes.. but not tonight… I’m not in the mood.”

“Then, let’s just stay here and wait for tomorrow, instead.”

“Call.”

After finishing their food, Naeun immediately went to her luggage and unpack her things while Taemin is washing the dishes.

“I’ll just take a shower, ok?” Naeun said.

“Ok. I’ll go after you finished.”

Naeun grabbed her pyjamas and went inside the bathroom. She dipped her body in the bathtub and took a deep breath.

At last… My body will be cleaned…

After washing and dressing up herself, Naeun looks in the mirror and noticed Taemin’s things on the side of the lavatory sink.

His shaving cream, his razor, his perfume etc.

Naeun gulped.

“…why am I feeling nervous? Yah, Son Naeun…calm down and enjoy the night…Ok?” She said to herself.

She took a deep breath and smiles.

“Fighting!” She said.

Then when she was about to get her hotel toothbrush, Naeun realized something.

“After this honeymoon trip…His toothbrush my toothbrush… His things and my things… everything will be on the same place…” She said and she smiles.

Wait a minute… we still don’t have a house yet.

Naeun got out in the bathroom with her hair already dry as she used the blow dryer in the bathroom.

“Oppa… you can go and wash now. I’m finished.”

She then noticed Taemin looking outside the glass wall. In front of them is the night view of Barcelona.

Naeun smiles and decided to go to him.

She hugs him from the back and lays her head on it.

“What are you looking at?” She asked.

“Why are hugging me? I haven’t washed yet.” He said.

“It’s ok… you still smell good…” Naeun said and she sniffed his shirt.

“Really?” Taemin turned around.

“Eung.”

“Then, is it ok…. if I kiss you and then hug you tightly… and go far beyond that…. Without taking a shower?” He said and he smirks.

“Go far beyond kissing and hugging?”

“Yes…”

“Aniya! Go and take a shower. Wash yourself first before doing that kind of thing!----My body is too precious Lee Taemin. You can’t touch it unless you’re totally clean.”

He chuckles.

“Alright, alright.” Taemin said and he raised his hand like he surrenders.

 

>< 

 

Their first morning in Barcelona came and both of them left their hotel room very excited for their first day of tour. Taemin told Naeun to wait for him for fifteen minutes as he needs to so something.

After that Taemin came back with car.

He got out and smiled at her .

“You rent a car?” Naeun blinks.

“Yeah. Since we’re going to tour Barcelona independently…We badly need a car. Barcelona is a big city.” He said.

“Ok… Let’s go?”

“Let’s go.”

While they are in the car Naeun asked him something.

“Where are we going first?” She said.

“Sagrada Familia. It’s a big church.”

“I know that…” Naeun nods.

Taemin parks his rented car somewhere near the church. Both him and Naeun tour around Sagrada Familia and took lots of pictures using Taemin’s instant polaroid camera and their cell phones.

“Let’s ask someone to take us a picture.” He said.

Naeun nods and shyly disturbed a lady tourist beside her.

“Excuse me… You speak English?” She asked.

“A little only.”

“Can you take us a picture? Me and my husband? Picture? Sagrada Familia?” She said.

“Ahh… ok.. Picture… ok…” The foreigner said.

“Thank you. Wait.”

Naeun took Taemin’s camera and gave it to the lady.

“Ok, ready… one…two… three… smile.” The lady said.

Taemin and Naeun posed while hugging each other with the structure of Sagrada Familia behind them.

“KIMCHI!” Taemin and Naeun said.

“Es hermoso… beautiful.”

“Another one, please?” Naeun said.

“Ok.”

This time, Taemin went behind Naeun and wrapped his arms around her neck while Naeun holds his arms and both of them smile in the camera.

“Thank you. Gracias!” Naeun said to the lady.

“De nada.” The lady said and she smiles.

Taemin and Naeun continue to tour the city on foot near Sagrada familia and took lots of pictures. They also asked few strangers to take a picture of them.

While Naeun is looking at their photos, Taemin suddenly speaks.

“Naeun.”

“Hm?”

“My skin is burning…”

“Yeah, it’s kinda hot…”

“Let’s eat ice cream somewhere. Let’s go to an air-conditioned place.”

“Ok.”

Both of them went to the ice cream shop named La Jijoneca. It is located near Sagrada Familia and is one of the most popular ice cream shop in Barcelona.

Though, kinda crowded, Naeun managed to order two ice creams; while Taemin is patiently waiting in their table.

“What did you order?” He asked.

“Vanilla ice cream with macadamia nuts. The tourist told me that it is their best-seller.”

“Great. Their ice cream is fancy looking…”

Naeun sits and immediately taste the ice cream.

“It’s yummy…” She said.

Taemin took a bite too.

“Ah… It’s yummy…It’s so hot outside… but the wind is cold, right?” He said.

“Yeah… Why don’t we go to Sitges tomorrow? Let’s go to the beach.”

“Good idea. But I don’t think we can swim… it’s still cold, though… but it’s sunny. Let’s go there maybe after two days… it is located in the south.”

“Ok..”

“Anyway, do you know how to swim?” He suddenly asked.

“I do. What about you?”

“Of course I do. I like swimming… I like diving… I like playing in the water… I even dream of swimming with the dolphins…”

“Really?....I like dolphins. They’re so cute and friendly…”

“Right… Since you said that you’re not the type of girl who will speak first… Let me ask you something.”

“Ok… what is it?”

“You’re favourites… what do you like… what do you hate… like that.”

“Umm… my favourite colour is black…sometimes my friends used to call me manyeo because of that…”

“A witch? Really?”

“Yeah..”

“My favourite is white. But sometimes blue…. What else do you like?”

“I like watching sad...tragic and horror movies… sometimes romance...”

“Well, I like watching horror movies… suspense-thriller…like that… Can you share some childhood stories?”

“Uhmm… You know that I have a scar on my leg right?”

“Yeah…”

“It’s because… when I was a child… I was trying to eat cup ramen…then I spilled the cup ramen filled with hot water right onto my leg… I was in the ward for burns for a long time…”

“Oh…I’m sorry… But still I like your legs.”

“ert.” Naeun said and she chuckles.

“You still have pretty long legs, though. Your scar is not that visible…” He said.

“What about you? Any childhood stories? Like your dating stories in elementary school?” Naeun smirks.

“Aniya, aniya. It is not worth to tell. I dated them without knowing what love is.”

Naeun laughs.

“You’re so funny… What kind of kid are you?”

“When I was a kid…. puppies... are more important than girls… I think that girls were more pretty if they’re crying, or in pain…or embarrassed…” He said while looking loving at her.

“Ahh…So you like seeing me cry…” Naeun teased.

“Aniya, aniya… it’s not that.”

“Aigoo… continue. Speak.” She said.

“Then…..I dreamed of becoming a police officer and a pilot…then one day, I saw a piano and got interest in it… I started learning in elementary… About dancing… My brother influenced me.  I saw him dancing and thought it was nice if I learn it… then one day I saw a DJ in the streets of Myeongdong...and thought he was cool….He became my inspiration….. then BAAM! DJ Francesco was born.”

“Why Francesco?”

“That’s my Christian name.”

“Oh… my Christian name is Marcella.”

“Really? That’s a nice name… It suits you.”

“Thank you.”

“Ah---you got ice cream on the side of your mouth.” Taemin gently wipes it using tissue.

“Komawo.” She said.

Taemin smiles.

“I’m reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter