Longing

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin and Jinri immediately went inside the van. Taemin is wearing an outfit that was given by a sponsored stylist. It’s not his usual outfit when working as a DJ, it’s a little-over-the-top; the jacket has spikes in the shoulders, he’s wearing ornamented accessories in his neck and fingers, even his shoes are kinda flashy. Taemin is sitting in the backseat while Jinri is sitting beside the driver.

“Do I have to wear this much accessories? My neck is not that strong… And this jacket, it’s like I’m a porcupine..” Taemin frowns as he complains about how flashy his out is.

“You don’t wear that kind of outfit when you’re working as a DJ?” Jinri said without looking at him.

“No!”

“Well, it’s a sponsored outfit. You’re going to wear more of that in the following days Lee Taemin. Just be patient and go with the flow.”

“Tsk.”

“If you’re already finish whining, let me introduce your work. This is your first event as Francesco in Japan, Lee Taemin. You’ll be at Tokyo 101 Club along with the other two DJ’s. Anyway, why Francesco? Of all names?”

“I don’t know.”

“I really like the way you answer questions, it’s always comes from the heart, it’s really brilliant. Good job.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“About the event, it’s not a DJ battle, but I think it will be, since you will be with a DJ in China and Japan. People will surely criticize. Be prepared. Make Korea proud.”

“Alright.”

“I have read your profile. So you’re a dancing DJ.” Jinri turned her head to Taemin and smiled at him.

“And so?”

“Just to remind you, those two…they also dance.” Jinri teased. Taemin looked at her for a second and then he looks away.

The van reached Tokyo 101 Club at exactly eleven pm. It’s a big night club and very popular. They entered at the back door and greeted by the Japanese staff member.

“Tokyo 101 e youkuso!”  The staff welcomed them and bowed to Jinri and Taemin.

“Arigatou. this is Francesco from Korea.” Jinri introduced Taemin and they both bowed to each other.

“Wah, at last. I’ve heard so much about Francesco.” The staff said while smiling at Taemin. Jinri translated the words to Taemin so that he can understand.

“Arigato.” Taemin said.

“Please go at the backroom.” The staff member showed them the way.

“Arigato” Jinri bowed and they both immediately went in the backroom.

The backroom is not that crowded. The other two DJ’s are already there and is with their handlers. The other one is having his make-up done. They putted thick eyeliners in their eyes and bb creams.

“Sit here.” Jinri said to Taemin when she found the sofa in the side. They both sat there silently until Taemin taps her shoulder.

“Are they going to put make-up in my face too?” Taemin said to Jinri while covering half of his mouth.

“You want to?”

“No, thank you.” Taemin shakes his head.

“At least bb cream, to cover some flaws.” Jinri suggested.

“When this will be over?” Taemin suddenly asked.

“We just came you know. How can you say that?”

Taemin rolled his eyes and sighs.

“Anyway, I will introduce you your co-DJs tonight, that big guy is from China, named Teng Li An also known as DJ Fong. According to his profile he knows Korean. So you can talk to him. Then that tall guy is from Japan named Akira Jun better known as Vendetta, he’s really popular here in Tokyo, but I think you’re more popular because of your face.”

“You think I’m only popular because of my face?” Taemin turned his head to Jinri.

“Well, your face really stands out.”

Taemin frowns and suddenly begins to check his pocket.

“Wait a sec… my phone.. ! I left it again.” Taemin sighs in frustration. Jinri looks at him and sighs. She wants to tell something but she feel like hesitating to tell it.

“By the way…”

“What?” Taemin faces her.

“Someone…someone call-” Before Jinri finish her sentence, the Japanese staff suddenly appeared in front of them.

“Excuse me; please get ready behind the stage.” The staff said to Jinri. Jinri bowed to him and translated the words for Taemin.

“I’ll go first then.” Taemin stands in his seat and left Jinri.

What’s wrong with you Choi Jinri? Jinri thinks while she sees Taemin disappearing from her sight.

 

>< 

As expected Eunji came home late since she had a date night with Suho. They went to watch a movie and possibly ate outside. She sees Naeun’s door that is slightly open. She peeks and she sees that Naeun is sitting beside the window staring outside.

“Naeun-ah?” Eunji entered her room.

“Oh.. unnie.” Naeun turned her head and stands.

“Why are you still awake? You can’t sleep?” Eunji asks. Naeun just gave her a slight smile.

“Wae?” Eunji said while looking at her.

“Something wrong?” Eunji holds Naeun’s shoulder and is worried. She can’t see Naeun’s face cause the light in her room is still off.

“I’m ok.” Naeun said.

“That tone….. I will wait until you’re ready to tell me.” Eunji understands Naeun. She doesn’t want to force her when it comes to her problems.

“Thanks. How’s the movie?” Naeun said and she the light.

“Well, it’s nice. I did enjoy it.” Eunji sat in Naeun’s bed.

“Then your relationship-”

“No, no, no, we are still adjusting. We’re taking it slow.” Eunji explained.

“Ok.” Naeun nods.

“You should sleep now. I’m sure those brats don’t want a teacher who looks like a panda.” Eunji said referring to the possible dark circle eyes of Naeun tomorrow.

>< 

The stage is ready, the equipment is ready, even a crowd of people is definitely ready to see the DJ’s that will rock the Tokyo 101 Club. Taemin is just standing at the backstage getting ready. He’s choosing some phonograph records and testing the headphone, the Chinese DJ is also getting ready and is busy adjusting the mixer and sequencer. While the Japanese is busy flirting with his handler.

“Who do you want to see?!!!!” The club’s resident DJ gave the introduction to the audience. They were all shouting and some are raising their drinks in the air, some are busy chanting the DJ’s names.

“Is it Mister Trickster DJ FONG!!!!!” The crowd goes wild.

“Is it Almighty VENDETTA!!!” The crowd goes wild.

“Or the pretty boy FRAN-CES-CO!!!” The crowd goes wilder. 

Pretty boy? What the .. Taemin frowns since the DJ gave them nicknames they didn’t even know.

DJ Fong gave Taemin and Vendetta a pat on their shoulders as he went up first on the stage.

 

“Let’s give it up for DJ FONG!” The resident DJ shouts and DJ Fong immediately went to stage and starts scratching. Each DJ’s will be given thirty minutes to perform in the crowd. DJ Fong is perfectly doing well on his own. The crowd cheer him endlessly. A lot have been jumping up and do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter