His Story

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already evening in Busan and Naeun was standing on the balcony of the second floor. She was looking straight, feeling lost as she was thinking about the conversation between Kibum and Woohyun. Though she doesn’t want to think about it because of the painful memories she had, Naeun still can’t help but to think.

Suddenly, Myungsoo came. He was standing beside her; with his hands are both in his pockets.

“Did you sleep well?” He said while looking straight outside.

“…yeah.” She said softly and nodded.

“Me too..”

Naeun wet her lips and slowly turn her head to look at Myungsoo.

She breathes and smiles.

“Myungsoo.”

“Hm?....what?”

“I’m sorry… I really am…sorry.” she said.

“…for what?”

Naeun looks down and bit her lip.

Myungsoo smiled and looks at her.

“Let me guess.......For not returning my feelings? Am I right?” He said with smile.

“…I’m sorry.” Naeun said in a whisper tone.

Myungsoo smiled while nodding his head and sighs.

“You shouldn’t have said that…. In fact I’m the one who should say that…because I still chose to stay by your side despite having strong feelings for you…and even knowing the fact that I can never…ever replace him… in your heart… I’m sorry… sometimes I’m being a friend…but sometimes I can’t help but be a man who’s in love with you…. I’m sorry because I didn’t realize you would be feeling like this…I became selfish…I’m sorry...” He said.

Naeun smiled and grabbed his wrist to hold his hand.

“…you’ve been such a great friend to me…and for that I’m really grateful….. I just hope… that someday… you will also find your happiness with someone...who will love you very much.”

Myungsoo smiled widely without showing his teeth.

“Thanks. Now, I can’t wait to see who it will be.” He said.

“You’ll see her soon… Maybe you already met her… you just didn’t notice it yet.”

They both smiled at each other and looked at the stars above. A moment of silence happened. But when Myungsoo slowly turn his head to look at her, he suddenly noticed something about her.

She was staring into space. Sighing and sighing.

“Something’s wrong?” He suddenly said.

“…I don’t know…” She shook her head lightly.

Myungsoo blinked twice and looks down.

Then Naeun suddenly speaks.

“Myungsoo.”

“Hm?”

“….do you think… he was forced?” She said and looks at him.

“Forced?”

“…I just realized…everything he did on that day… it happened so suddenly…After ten days of not showing himself… he suddenly came and broke up…Why didn’t he broke up immediately? ….I mean like, after three or four days?....Why after ten days?....I don’t understand… I can’t help but to think…” she said.

“…Maybe in those ten days…he was thinking deeply… if…. he’s going to leave you…or not….”

Naeun paused for a second and sighs.

“…..maybe….” she said softly.

“…But…..If he was forced… Who do you think would force him?”

“….I have no idea…I don’t know…”

“….Maybe he will tell you someday… What really his reason was. Don’t think too much for now…”

Naeun sighs and smiled slightly.

“…I don’t really want to think about it… I don’t like to think about it….I hate it actually…..because thinking about it made me remember the days I was so alone…crying…broken…and so lost…In fact I don’t think I’m gonna be ready if ever that time comes…I’m afraid to hear his explanation… because I think whatever it is… It will surely hurt me….” She said and looks down.

Naeun sighs and turned around.

“Let’s go downstairs and meet them.” She said.

As she was about to go, Myungsoo suddenly speaks.

“Naeun.”

“What?” Naeun said without turning herself to look at him.

“You have to remember that there are things we don’t want to happen but have to accept…. and there are also things we don’t want to know but have to learn…..Now, if ever that time comes…. don’t look back, don’t be afraid, just wipe your tears and stay strong…because running away from it… will never make you free…” Myungsoo said.

Naeun sighs. She turned while smiling and immediately gave him a slight hug.

“I’m sorry……thank you..”

“It’s a friendship advice.”

Naeun let go of him and held his hand.

“Let’s go now. Maybe, they’re all waiting for us.” She said.

 

>< 

 

When they finally got down, Naeun and Myungsoo wandered their eyes in the living room as they can’t find everyone. The house was also in silent mode.

They decided to go to the dining area and finally, they saw Eunji busy preparing food for everyone.

“What are you doing?” Naeun asked.

Eunji looked up and smiled sweetly at them.

“Hi! Are you hungry?” she said.

“Where is everybody?”

“Currently dipping their bodies in the hot spring. Krystal, Ms. Kwon and Namjoo are there.”

“Really?...I’ll go up and bring my clothes… I’ll join them.” Naeun said.

“Sure.”

And Naeun left.

Myungsoo pulled a chair and talks to Eunji.

“Where are the boys?” He said in a shy tone.

“Your two friends are also enjoying themselves in the hot spring with Jongin and Jinki oppa.” Eunji said.

“What about Taemin?”

“Taemin? He’s helping Suho in the kitchen. He’s there.” Eunji pointed her fingers behind.

“Ahhh…” Myungsoo nodded while looking at Taemin and Suho busy doing something. He slightly tilted his head to look at them clearly.

He saw Suho grilling something, while Taemin was chopping onions. Myungsoo then heard their conversation.

“Should I cook all of it in high?” Suho said.

“Aniya… cook some in medium… Naeun likes meat in medium cook…” Taemin said.

“Ah..chincha? Ok.”

After hearing it, Myungsoo smiled unknowingly and looks down then turn his attention to Eunji.

“Do you need some help?” He said.

“Hm? Ok. Just cut the carrots in stripes and these potatoes in cubes.” She said.

“Ok.”

Suddenly, Naeun appeared to them.

“Unnie, I’m going now.” She said.

“Ok. Enjoy.”

“Myungsoo, I’m going.”

“Enjoy.”

And then, she left. Eunji suddenly looks at Myungsoo and smiled. She gently place her knife on the table and talks to him.

“Myungsoo-sshi.” She said.

“Hm? Yes?” Myungsoo looked up and blinks.

“You’re…in love with her, right?”

“…well..”

“…don’t worry… your secret’s safe with me..”

“I think… everybody in this house knows…”

“…You think? …You’re no good in keeping secrets, then… Actually, I just want to say thank you…. Thank you for staying by her side and for being such a good friend to her… I’m glad she found someone like you… Really…I’m glad… I can’t look after her anymore since I have my own family now… that’s why I’m glad that she has someone like you….So thank you…”

“…Thank you…..But I guess… I have to let go of my feelings now… and start over…”

“I wish you happiness and…… a better love life…”

“Thank you.”

 

>< 

 

Naeun came in the hot spring with her hair tied in a loose bun while her body was covered with a white towel. She saw Ms. Kwon, Namjoo and Krystal. Their bodies were alredy dipped in the milky coloured warm water.

Naeun went slowly to them and dips the tip of her toe first.

“It’s warm.” She said.

“Annyeong.” Ms. Kwon said.

“Annyeong-haseyo” Naeun bowed at her.

“I’m glad you’re already here. We’ve been waiting for you...” Krystal said.

“I’m sorry...Otokke… I feel shy showing my body to all of you..” Naeun said.

“Don’t worry, Every female body is a wonderland.” Ms. Kwon said.

“Right!” Namjoo agreed.

Naeun slowly took off her towel and immediately dip her body in the hot spring.

“It’s so warm…” She said.

“I think my ies are the smallest.” Ms. Kwon suddenly said.

“No, I think I am. What is your bra size?” Krystal said.

“I’m only A.”

“I’m A too!” Namjoo said happily.

“We’re all A.” Naeun said.

“We’re all plateau. There’s no mountain.” Ms. Kwon said and all of them laugh.

“AHAHAHA!”

“Wait, I’m going to the sauna. Wait me here, I’ll be back after fifteen minutes.” Ms. Kwon said.

“I’ll go with you. I need to reduce weight. Suho-sshi served too many food yesterday..” Namjoo said.

“Right… so we’re going first, ladies.”

“Ok., See you later.” Krystal said and Naeun nods at them.

Krystal suddenly went closer to Naeun. She fixes her hair bun first before talking to her.

“You look so pretty with your hair tied like that.” Naeun said.

“Thank you. Jongin likes this style too. I always tied my hair whenever we-------never mind.”

“What?”

“Anyway, have you got a message from Jinri, through email?”

“Yeah, a week ago. She said that she and Minho will be coming back in the second week of November.”

“Yeah… they’re getting married here.”

“..I feel so happy for her. For them.” Naeun said while smiling.

Krystal sighed and smiled.

“Me too. They are best friends who turned into lovers…”

“Yeah..it’s a beautiful relationship.”

“I remember, the first time I saw their friendship, I know that Minho really loves her… not being in love…but a love that… you know…will really last forever… When we were dating… every time we talk about something… there’s no topic that he will not mention Jinri’s name…He was so cheerful and excited while talking about her…but… though he’s like that…I didn’t get mad at him…or jealous of Jinri…’cause Minho treated me well…he did show that he really liked me to be his girlfriend…and he’s really gentleman….”

“I’m glad to hear that… I’m glad that you have no ill feelings for him..”

“Me too….well….we were so young back, then…and at that time…and I don’t think I really know what really is the feeling of being in love...”

“Yeah… but now you know….’cause you have Jongin.”

“Yeah… Finally, finally I’ve met someone like him... I’m happy that I fell in love with him…I’m happy that despite everything I did to him… he still loves me…I’m happy…” Krystal smiled sweetly.

“…You’re blushing…”

“…Really?”

“I’m happy for you…” Naeun smiled at her.

“Thanks…” Krystal sighs and smiled.

Naeun’s smiled slowly faded while watching Krystal. She looked down and dipped her body more until to her collarbone. She stared into space and thinks deeply.

…I suddenly felt jealous…… their relationships…… didn’t fail… they are all growing… stronger and stronger… day after day…….I wish… we were like that too… I wish we can rewrite our past…I wish I can go back to those times I was happy…. I wish…. I wish we’re still together….together…..together…….

And then she faints.

“Naeun!”

 

>< 

 

Krystal was running very fast around the villa wearing a dark blue coloured robe and white house slippers. She quickly went to the kitchen and found Suho, Taemin, Myungsoo and Eunji quietly cooking their dinner..

“Guys! Suho oppa!” She said and pants.

“Krystal what is it?!” Suho drops his wooden spoon.

“It’s Naeun…”

“What happened to her!?” Suho said.

“She…she fainted!”

Myungsoo and Taemin quickly left what they were doing and immediately left the kitchen, running.

Eunji and Suho left frozen in the kitchen while Krystal immediately followed the guys.

“Wait!” She said.

Krystal runs while following Taemin and Myungsoo. Myungsoo was the one leading; they are both running for her. Taemin’s way of running was not like he was competing with Myungsoo, as he was running with worried face.

“Wait!” Krystal shouts at them.

When Myungsoo was about to enter the hot spring door, he suddenly paused and stepped back. Taemin came right after him and Krystal finally catches them.

“Where is she?!” Taemin quickly said to her.

“On the side. I lifted her but--”

“Where’s her robe and towel?!” .

“On top of the cabinet.”

Suddenly, Myungsoo decided to leave them but Taemin held his shoulder and stop him.

“Wait. Stay here. Krystal, come with me.” He said and he immediately went inside.

Taemin found Naeun’s half body lying on the side, while the other half of her body was still dipped in the water. He grabbed the towel and immediately covered her top. He lifted Naeun and Krystal immediately covered her body with another towel. Taemin laid her body on the chair while Krystal was drying her. He turned around and waits.

“You can take her now.” Krystal said.

Naeun was now wearing a robe but still unconscious. Taemin grabbed the back of her legs and shoulders and gently lifted her up. He walks through the door while Krystal was behind him.

When they finally got out, Taemin turned and stopped in front of Myungsoo. 

“Take her… bring her to her room and make sure she’ll drink lots of water as soon as she wakes up…here.” He said.

“Oppa…” Krystal wondered while looking at him but he didn’t mind her.

Myungsoo gulped and gently took Naeun from Taemin’s hands.

 

 

>< 

 

 

Myungsoo was sitting on a single couch behind Naeun’s bed. He was just patiently waiting for her to wake up. He then remembered Taemin’s face when he decided to give Naeun to him.

…you love her… why did you leave? …what really happened to you?...

Suddenly, Naeun’s eyes opened and she rises up.

“….what happened?.....and…why are you here?” She said.

“You passed out.”

“Ahhh…..my head hurts…”

Myungsoo smiled and grabbed a glass of water on the bedside table.

“Here, drink this.”

“Thanks…”

Naeun drank the water straight and breathes. She looks down for a second and thinks. Suddenly, he lifted her head and looks at Myungsoo.

“Otokke!....You said that…I passed out, right?” She said.

“..yeah..” Myungsoo nods.

“So you saw everything?”

“…no…” He shakes his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter