Worth the Wait

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Myungsoo departs, Naeun, Namjoo, Woohyun, Kibum and Taemin went to the parking lot. All of them were not saying anything. Namjoo, Woohyun and Kibum were having an eye contact to each other, while gicing Taemin and Naeun a quick glance.

Taemin unlocks his car and Woohyun suddenly speaks.

“Naeun, Namjoo we’re going first.” He said and bowed to them.

“Bye.” Namjoo waved her hand while Naeun gave them a light smile.

Woohyun fakes a cough and awkwardly faces Taemin.

“…T--Taemin.”

“Hm?”

“We’re going now--”

“Why don’t you ride with me?”

“Huh?” Woohyun and Kibum’s eyes widened.

“I will take you home.” Taemin said.

“Chincharu?”

“…yeah. Where do you live?”

“..two blocks away from Naeun’s apartment.”

“Ok. Get in.”

“Seriously?”

“Woohyun-ah…Can you please stop with your questions? Francesco insisted. So let’s go.” Kibum said..

“Kamsahamnida.” Woohyun bowed.

“It’s ok.”

Taemin opened the passenger’s seat for Naeun and he also opened the backseat for Namjoo, Woohyun and Kibum.

He started his car and left the airport quickly.

Everyone was sitting awkwardly in his car except for Kibum. Woohyun was looking outside the window but secretly glancing at Taemin and Naeun. Namjoo was pouting while moving her tongue inside . She was also secretly glancing at Taemin and Naeun. Everyone is waiting for their first conversation after that Myungsoo did.

As everyone was nervously looking at them, they don’t know that the most nervous of all, was Naeun. She kept on gulping turning her head back and forth to Taemin and outside the window.

What should I say? Is acting like nothing happened will be ok? ….otokke… Naeun bit her lip.

It’s really awkward for the cute couple… Kibum thought while looking at Taemin and Naeun from the back.

Somehow…..I kinda felt sorry for him after what Myungsoo did… Woohyun thought.

Otokke… Taemin-sshi is so quiet… it’s more scary… Namjoo gulped.

Suddenly Kibum’s ringing tone named ‘Delicious’ was played.

Everyone jumped in surprise after hearing his ringing tone except for Taemin. Namjoo, Naeun, Woohyun and Kibum raised their hands and placed it on their chest, like they just experience heart attack.

“Next time change your ringing tone to a mellow tune. It made my heart jump from my chest!” Woohyun frowns.

“I wouldn’t hear it if change it to mellow tone.”

“Aren’t you gonna answer your phone?” Taemin calmly said.

“Huh? Oh yeah… Yeobeoseyo? Nicole? De…. Ok.. I’m on my way.. we just took Myungsoo in the airport… ok…bye.”

After answering his phone, Kibum felt the awkward atmosphere again. He gulped and pats Taemin’s shoulder.

“Can we hear some music? Everyone is so quiet…” He said.

Thank God.. we have Kibum here… or no one will take the courage to speak…Woohyun sighs.

“..sure.”

“Aren’t you going back? I mean… performing in the clubs?” Kibum suddenly asked Taemin.

“…I will. I just signed a contract in Galaxy Studio again.”

“Chincha? That’s nice. The other DJ’s are kinda no good to me... I’m glad you came back.”

“Komawo….. You two?… What are you doing? I mean.. what’s your job?” Taemin suddenly asked.

“Woohyun owns an automobile repair shop while me…I’m a fashion designer.”

“You’re a fashion designer?!” Namjoo’s eyes widened.

“De. Isn’t it obvious? Didn’t I tell you? I’m running a boutique in Gangnam…together with my former college friend Nicole. The one who just called me? She’s my girl best friend.”

“What’s the style?”

“American.”

“I like that!”

“That’s great visit my shop and I will pick something good for you.” Kibum winks.

“Komawo. I will visit your shop together with my workmates.”

“Sure.”

“Unnie… let’s visit his shop next time ok?” Namjoo asked Naeun.

“..sure.” Naeun nodded.

After two hours of driving, Taemin reached Myungsoo’s repair shop. Woohyun got off of his car along with Kibum. They both thanked Taemin and Taemin paid them with a smile.

Not long after Woohyun’s shop, Taemin reached Naeun and Namjoo’s apartment building. He parked his car outside and Namjoo immediately got off.

“Taemin-sshi, Kamsahamnida.” Namjoo bowed.

“…it’s nothing.”

Naeun closes his car while looking down and soon she faces him.

“…I’ll go now.” She said.

As she was about to go, Taemin suddenly, got off in his seat and went behind Naeun.

“Wait.” He said.

Naeun paused and slowly turns her head.

“—Ahh…I’ll go first unnie. See you.” Namjoo waved her hand to Taemin and runs through the lobby.

Naeun gulped and faces him.

“…what is it?” she said.

“These days… as you can see….I’ve been proving myself to you… I’m showing… how much I love you… I know it may take a while before you can accept me again… but nevertheless… I will wait…I am willing to wait.” He gulped.

Naeun looks down, pressed her lips and bit it.

Taemin took a deep breath and speaks again.

“About what he just did to you…”

She lifted her head and looks at him.

“...I admit… I felt so irritated… My world suddenly stopped… But what can I do? …I still don’t have the right… I can’t just…touch you or… You’re not yet mine…”

She gulped as she felt how helpless he is.

Taemin suddenly held her shoulder and leans his head closer to her.

“If you only knew….. how much I want…. to kiss you…right now…” He said in a whisper tone while looking straight into her eyes.

“…do it.” She said in a whisper tone also.

Taemin’s eyes widened and he gulped.

“..what?” he said.

“Do it. Kiss me.” she said softly.

Taemin’s world suddenly paused after he heard her. Both of them were seriously looking straight into each other’s eyes.

Naeun suddenly close her eyes and gulps.

Taemin blinks and slowly he leans closer. Closer and closer and closer.

As their lips were about to touch, a van suddenly came on their way to park. Taemin immediately moved Naeun by pulling her against his chest.

Naeun gulped and slowly lifts her head to look at him.

“Are you…ok?” He asked.

“…yeah.” She nodded lightly.

 Taemin wets his lips and fake cough.

“You need to go…” he said.

“Alright… see you. Drive safely.” Naeun turned around and walks through the lobby.

While walking she sensed that Taemin is still looking at her so she turned around and checked.

And she was right.

“Aren’t you… going to leave?”

“I’ll stay here until you reached the lobby. Don’t worry about me. Go now.” He said.

“Ok…”

She turned around and walks. When she reached the lobby, she immediately turns to look at Taemin but he already got inside in car.

Naeun sighs and she presses the elevator.

After reaching her home, Naeun quickly throws herself on her bed and sighs.

What on earth did I just say?

Namjoo suddenly came in her room and sat beside her.

“Unnie.. what happened?” She said.

“I’m so stupid…”

“What?”

“Namjoo-ah… why do I love Lee Taemin so much?”

 

 

>< 

 

While Taemin is driving the smooth road of Seoul. He can’t help but to think about what just happened between him and Naeun. Especially on what she just said.

Do it. Kiss me.

“Do it?” He chuckled.

My baby is really…… she’s really cute…Taemin smiled.

He suddenly grabs his wireless earphone and dials someone in his phone.

“Let’s share our happiness and bother someone.” He said.

After calling someone, he immediately throws his phone on the driver’s seat and begins to listen in the wireless earphone.

“Yeoboseyo?” He said.

“Taemin-ah wae?” Jongin said.

“Are you home? Can I come?”

“Sure.”

Taemin reached Jongin’s home after twenty minutes. He found Jongin standing outside of their house waiting for him. He parked his car on the other side and pulled the handbrake.

He waved his hand to Jongin and Jongin immediately went to him.

“Where’s your parents?” Taemin asked.

“They’re all sleeping. What’s up?”

“Fine.”

“Hahaha funny. What’s your news?”

“Wait, I’ll just get out.” Taemin got off and invites Jongin’s car to go on the back of his car. Taemin opens the cargo door and sat on the car bed and Jongin followed him.

“So what’s up?” Jongin frowns.

“…ummm… Naeun and I….well… we’re kinda getting there… again.” He said while smiling.

“That’s old news…”

“What?” Taemin pouts.

 “Of course she will still accept you… after all, she loves you and you love her.” Jongin said.

Taemin chuckled and nodded to Jongin.

“…yeah……..Anyway, I can’t wait to ask her…you know… the magic question?”

“…how sweet….I’m happy for you...”

“Don’t say that yet… it still not happening... I’m still taking my time…”

“Even so…But I pray that after you say the magic question… I hope she answers the magic answer too…”

“Yeah… you’re right… Actually…. I already planned it even before I left…”

“Chincha? You’re so quick.”

“I said I planned it… not that I’m gonna ask her suddenly… I mean I plan to ask her after six or seven months of us being together.…that was what I planned before…”

“Ahh…” Jongin nodded.

“And I’m not quick...four or seven months of dating is enough for us to get there…. I’m twenty six, she’s twenty five. We both have decent jobs….. so it’s ok to ask her that…”

“I wish you happiness…” Jongin fist bumped to him.

“Me too… you and Krystal are getting stronger and stronger…”

“well… we’re kinda--”

“What? Don’t tell me your relationship is on the rocks?!”

“Well… the truth is….Krystal doesn’t have time for me….. these past few days… she’s… she’s busy hanging out with her friends… three days ago, I asked her to watch movie… but she said that she already made plans with her college buddies…then yesterday when I asked her again.. she said that she’s busy with her school work…”

“What’s wrong hanging out with her friends and doing school work? Krystal will graduate next year…”

“It’s not that… what bothered me was… she said that we need to give space to each other. She said that we shouldn’t see each other for now… even calling her and sending her messages everyday are not allowed…”

“Really?”

“Yeah…” Jongin sighs.

“…maybe she can’t focus on her studies. That’s why…”

“…I don’t know… do you think… she’s losing affection with me?”

“I don’t know… it’s hard to read Krystal. Even Naeun is hard to read. Girls are hard to read. Remember that.”

“tsk…this is frustrating…”

“Don’t worry… Everything will be ok.” Taemin pats his back.

 

>< 

 

The sun was still showing up when Naeun woke up from her bed. She immediately went to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth.

“Today is not just another day Son Naeun. It’s a new opportunity, another chance, a new beginning. Embrace it.” Naeun curled her hands and took a deep breath.

After wiper her the outside of , Naeun quickly opens the bathroom door and went to the kitchen. She stopped after she found a fancy breakfast lying on their dining table.

Naeun blinks and gulps.

“Good morning!” Namjoo woke her senses.

“…good morning.” She said awkwardly.

Naeun pulled the chair and slowly sat on it.

“Can you tell me…..what’s that?” She said.

Namjoo smirked and clears .

“Morning breakfast! Given by the great Lee Taemin….Fresh from Blend’s and Brew.”

“Chincha?” Naeun’s eyes widened.

“Ahuh!”

Naeun wanders her eyes on the fancy breakfast.

“…these are my favourite coffee and bread from Suho oppa’s coffee shop.” She said.

“Bees and butterflies are flying in my stomach, right now.”

Naeun bit her lip and smiled.

I still felt embarrassed about what I said last night… otokke…She pouted.

Suddenly, her phone suddenly rings and she immediately answers it.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Annyeong!”

“..Jinri-ah?”

“De! Minho and I are back. We’re going to Suho’s restaurant tonight. I’ll invite everyone, so you need to be there, ok?”

“Ok…  I miss you.”

“Me too! See you later! Bye.”

“Bye.”

“I’m going to meet Lee Taemin again…”

“Huh?”

“Ah… do you want to come with me after class? Jinri and Minho are back.”

“I can’t… I already have plans for tonight.”

“With Jinki oppa?”

“How did you know?” Namjoo giggles.

“Nevermind.” Naeun sighs.

 

>< 

 

After Naeun finished her class, she immediately went to the faculty room and fixes herself until someone calls her phone.

She saw Taemin’s name and she gulp before she answer it.

“Yeo---yeoboseyo?” She said.

“Ahh…. I just want to ask if… you’re now going to the restaurant?”

“…yeah… I’m just fixing my things and I’ll go…”

“Ammm… I’m actually in front of your school…”

“Ahh…ok, then… wait for me. I’ll be there in a minute. Bye.” And she hung up. Naeun took a deep breath and grab her bag. She ran through the corridor and went to ladies room.

She grabbed her makeup bag and took out her blush on, lipstick and eyelash curler.

She applied a little amount of blush in her cheeks and a matte rose pink lipstick on her lips then immediately curled her short lashes.

After applying everything and checking her face in the mirror, she suddenly paused and blinks,

“Why are you beautifying yourself? Chincha….Well,  I just want to see how much he can tolerate this kind of relationship........ I need to put more perfume..” Naeun grabs her perfume that Taemin loves to smell and sprayed it in the side of her neck.

“Finished. Let’s go.”

Naeun pulled down her shirt and left the ladies room.

She slowly went outside of the school and found Taemin standing beside his car. Leaning his back against it.

“Annyeong… did you wait long?” She said and she shyly inserts a strand of her hair on her right ear.

“I never knew that one minute is now equivalent to half an hour..” He said and he smiled.

“I’m sorry.”

“Kidding.” Taemin opens the passenger’s seat for her and she awkwardly gets in. Naeun gulped and sighs.

When Taemin was about to start his car, he suddenly look at Naeun and pouts.

“Did you put some makeup?” He said.

“Huh? Well… Namjoo and Hayoung told me to wear some so that I will not look simple… just that…that’s why.”

“Being simple is much more beautiful.” He said and he starts his car.

“Hm? Ah—yeah.”

She gulped.

While they were in the car, Taemin suddenly speaks.

“Jinri said that their wedding will be western style.” He said.

“That’s nice.”

“I will be one of the groomsmen and you’ll be one or the bridesmaids.”

“Really? …wow… I can’t wait…” She smiles.

“Ammmm…what’s your dream wedding?” He asked.

“Huh?”

“They said that most women in the world have their own dream wedding… Jinri said that their wedding is her dream wedding…”

“It means that she dreams of marrying Minho… that’s her dream wedding… I think..”

“Ahh… I thought about the place and themes or whatsoever.”

“Well…”

“Hm?”

“About my dream wedding…..I want to get married in a church or cathedral…where there’s a long aisle...I want it long ‘cause I want to have a long good look to my…husband-to-be…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter