O-sappa

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the wedding ceremony, the friends, relatives and families of the newlyweds gather in front for picture taking. Minho and Jinri’s family went up first, next to them are their relatives, then after that, their precious friends.

Suho and Eunji, Kwonho and his girlfriend, Jongin and Krystal, Namjoo and Jinki, then Taemin and Naeun.

Taemin and Naeun stand on the center behind the newlywed couple. Both of them are exchanging glance to each other. More like they are both embarrassed to face each other after what they just said.

“Please compress…the friends on the back.” The photographer said.

Naeun moved closer to Taemin. Both of their arms are now touching each other. Taemin looked down a little and smiled while Naeun bit her lip to control her smile.

“One, two, three. KIMCHI”

The first group shot was taken.

“One last.” The photographer said.

Both Taemin and Naeun blink at the same time as the back of their hands are brushing against each other. Naeun’s finger moved and touches his fingertips. Taemin smiled and starts to touch her fingers, then slowly and slowly, he grabbed her hand gently and interlocked his fingers with her.

Naeun chuckled and can’t bear to face the camera in front, she then held his hand tightly and took a deep breath.

“Ok, ready. Smile.”

The photo session was finished and after that, they all went to the reception area and ate dinner. Naeun and Taemin are still both silent about their current relationship around their friends as they don’t want to be the center of attention and don’t want to be teased.

“Congratulations.” Naeun hugged Jinri.

“Thank you….. Congratulations too.” Jinri smirked.

“Huh?” Naeun blinks.

“Someone told me that they saw two hands flirting with each other behind our backs.” She said.

“…well--.” Naeun pressed her lips and chuckles.

“I’m so happy for you. For the two of you… I’ve been waiting for this to come… I know how much you love each other… Thank you for accepting him again.” Jinri said while holding Naeun’s hand.

“…thank you.”

“Love is sweeter the second time around…”

“…indeed.”

While everyone is busy greeting the other guest, Krystal and Jongin are both left alone in the table. Both of them are being quiet while sitting next to each other. But then Krystal breaks the silence as she noticed that Jongin is frequently  sending messages to someone.

“Who are you texting?” She asked without looking at him.

“…nothing… my annoying schoolmate.” Jongin said while looking at his phone reading the message of his class mate.

“A girl?”

“…yeah.”

Krystal frowned and immediately turned her head to look at him.

“If she’s annoying, why do you even bother yourself texting her?” She said.

“I can’t just ignore her. She’s my friend too.” Jongin said, still looking at his phone.

Krystal looks down and saw the message and Jongin’s reply.

 

Jongin-ah, how is the wedding? Are you happy today?

                                                        -It’s nice. I am happy.

 

Krystal sighs and said speaks without looking at him.

“You know what your problem is? You’re too nice to people…” She suddenly said.

“What?” Jongin turned and frowned.

Krystal looks at him.

“Does she know you have a girlfriend?” She said.

“Yeah.”

“Does she know that I’m with you today?”

“…yeah.”

After Jongin’s response Krystal gulped and curled her lips.

“Stop texting that girl. I don’t feel any good vibes with her text.” She said and drinks her champagne.

“What’s with you? Why are you thinking like that?” He frowned.

“You’re too innocent and too nice. Stop being like that. I have the feeling that she’s flirting with you….Ha…she really is annoying.” She said and drinks her champagne.

“Why did you judge right after seeing her single text?…. She really is an annoying person… but she’s also my friend… She was the one who cheered me up as I was feeling so miserable ever since you told me about your new rules…”

Krystal blinks and looks at him.

“Not texting you, not calling you, not knowing where you are or what you’re doing…..Krystal it’s hard for me….really hard… You don’t know how much… how much your rules affected me…” Jongin said in a serious tone.

Krystal took a deep breath and bit her lip.

Then suddenly Naeun came.

“Krystal…” She said.

Both Krystal and Jongin looks down and gulped.

“Jongin-ah… Taemin oppa is calling you. He’s with Kwonho and Suho oppa.” Naeun said.

Jongin stood up and faces Naeun

“…thanks.” He said and he leaves.

Naeun blinks and sat beside Krystal.

“Krystal?” She said while looking at her

“I think… I did the wrong thing…” Krystal said.

“What?”

 

>< 

 

The wedding ended and everyone congratulated the newlywed couple before going to their respective cars. Eunji and Suho both hugged Jinri and Minho and next to them were Namjoo and Jinki

“Congrats!” Eunji said.

“Best wishes!” Namjoo said.

“Thank you everyone!” Jinri said.

“Have fun in Greece.” Suho said to Minho.

“Thanks.” Minho smiled shyly.

“I hope you can make a honeymoon baby.” Suho said.

“Omo… I hope. Anyway thank you for coming.” Jinri said.

“It’s nothing.”

Naeun, Taemin along with their friends, Jongin, Krystal, Kwonho and his girlfriend said their goodbyes to Jinri and Minho. Jinri and Minho waved at them before getting inside of their car.

“Bye everyone!” They said.

“Bye!”

Everyone went to the parking lot. Krystal left first followed by Jongin, Kwonho and Kwonho’s girlfriend.

“I’m sure you’re not going to ride with us…” Eunji said while looking at Naeun, smirking.

“Ahh… de.” Naeun said. She already changed her outfit from the bridesmaid’s gown to a knee-length dress covered in dress coat.

“Namjoo-ah, Jinki oppa! Come on, let’s go.” Eunji called.

Jinki smiled at Naeun before getting inside Suho’s car.

“Unnie, we’re going first.” Namjoo said to her.

“Ok. Take care.”

Suho turned his car and smiled at Naeun before leaving her in the parking lot. She turned around and found Taemin standing in front of his car, waiting for her.

She walks and stand beside him.

“Let’s go.” She said.

“Wait.” He said.

“Hm?”

“Can we go somewhere?”

“…where?”

“You’ll see…”

“Ok.”

 

 

>< 

 

 

Taemin parked his car on the side street and pulled the handbrake.

“…so…Hongdae.” Naeun said while looking outside the window.

“Yeah… Hongdae… I want to take you out on a date tonight… that’s why…”

“…ok.”

They both left the car and walk around the streets of Hongdae. Both of them are walking side by side while wandering around only inches away from each other.

“…when was the last time you came here?” He asked.

“Hmmm…. The last was when you confessed to me…”

Taemin chuckled.

“…me too.” He said.

As they were walking in the streets, Naeun noticed Taemin’s hand. It was hesitating to do something. He was moving it, reaching her hand but then he will curled it and not going to do what he wanted.

She bit her lip and decided to grab his hand and hold it.

Taemin quickly turned his head to look at her and blinks.

“…it’s kinda…different, right…  We’re like starting everything again…” Naeun said.

“Yeah……… like everything is…. a first.” He said.

“…yeah… but I want to do it naturally.” Naeun stopped and look at him.

She sighs and held his arms.

“I mean… you, holding my hand… me, holding it tight…..I don’t want to have an awkward atmosphere with you… It’s kinda frustrating… we’ve been awkward to each other, weeks ago… so I want us to be more open…and--” She said and she stop speaking as Taemin was suddenly smiling.

“What’s wrong?” She frowned.

“…nothing… I was just surprise to hear that from you…” He said.

“…well..” She blinks and looks down.

Taemin bit his lip and held her hand.

“I’m sorry if I disappointed you… It’s just that… I’m being careful… I don’t know… Yes, we’re dating again… but… there’s a part of me that… I mean...” He said.

“You don’t want to touch me?” Naeun said whie looking directly into his eyes.

“Not really… Naeun, right now… you’re like a very precious gem to me… I’m afraid that… if touched you suddenly after you have accepted me… I don’t think it’s right… or proper… I mean--”

“..you want me to do the first move?”

“…no… not like that… I mean… I need to ask you first… before doing it….I don’t know…I think I need your permission first….i’m afraid…to make mistakes.” He said.

Naeun sighs and pressed her lips.

“….Do you understand me?” Taemin said.

She looks at him.

“…I do… but…. Oppa…you, touching me suddenly is not a problem to me… actually, I will like it more if you just grabbed my hand naturally and holding it tight… or putting your arms around my waist… Like  I said… I don’t want to have an awkward atmosphere… I want to laugh naturally with you… I want to walk naturally with you… I want to talk naturally with you… I want everything to be natural between us...” She said.

Taemin blinks and looks down.

Naeun smiled and suddenly hugged him.

“Oppa… don’t be afraid to do it again with me… I don’t blame you for everything that happened between us… You didn’t do anything wrong… Let’s just continue….from the point where we stopped…” she said.

“…I miss hugging you.” Taemin said and he immediately wrapped his arms around her.

“I miss your hug… You said that you hate being frustrated… so how can you bear not touching me? You made frustrated…” She pouted.

“..I’m sorry….. Saranghe Son songsaengnim…” He said.

“Saranghe…DJ-nim…”

 

The two of them continue to walk while talking but now, they are holding each other’s hand.

“So…have you started working again as DJ?” She asked.

“…yeah… two days ago...”

“I’ll visit you next time.”

“Thanks...”

Taemin suddenly stop walking and pulled her gently.

“…can I ask you something?” He said.

“..of course.”

“May I know what you and Myungsoo were talking about when he called you… during Jinri and Minho’s visit? I just want to know… you even covered your mouth and whispered something...” He said.

Naeun pressed her lips and looks down.

“If---If you don’t want to say it’s ok… I just want to know I mean… I’m really curious… you were whispering something to him… you even covered your mouth...but you’re not comfortable with it--” He said.

“Well… the truth is… I didn’t say anything to him… It was all gibberish…” She said.

“…huh?”

“Myungsoo and I wanted to see your reaction… we just wanted to tease you… I want to see your jealous face so much…that’s why…… I’m sorry…”

“Really?” Taemin blinks.

“…yeah..” She nodded.

“I thought…you and Myungsoo’s relationship… levelled up into--”

“Oppa…Let’s not talk about that. We are here to enjoy… Nothing is going on between me and Myungsoo...He’s just a friend… and he’s in Italy…. And I think he’s already pursuing someone there…”

“Ok….want to eat something?”

“Eung!”

Both of them went to a Pojangmacha or tented restaurant and immediately occupied a table and ordered meat and two bottles of Soju.

Suddenly the old lady disturbed them.

“Aigoo… I can’t believe I’m seeing this love birds again.” She said.

“You remembered us?” Taemin said.

“Of course! How could I forget these two pretty faces? You came here last February, right?”

“…de…”

The old lady smiled at them and leaves.

Naeun continue to grill some meat and looks at Taemin.

“That was February one… Lee Taemin confessed to me…” She said.

“And Son Naeun responded saying….’me too’….” Taemin said without looking at her but he’s smiling.

“…yeah… your words were so beautiful…and touching… that it made my mouth said ‘me too’…” She said.

“It’s nice going back here again… wait.” Taemin suddenly tries to grab something from his side pocket.

“Hm?”

He’s getting something…. Don’t tell me…. it’s……Otokke…. Naeun’s eyes widened.

“It stuck in my pants. Wait.” Taemin said while trying to grab something.

Is he gonna do it? Is he gonna say it?  …. What am I going to do? Maybe that’s why he brought me here? Going back to the day we became a couple..…… I’m so nervous…. Calm down, calm down…She gulped.

“…thank God… here.” Taemin showed a mini instant polaroid camera to her.

Camera?

“Ms. Kwon gave it to me. Let’s take our first picture again together as a couple...” He said.

“Ah…ahaha..…ok..” Naeun responded awkwardly.

Taemin put his arms around her shoulders and took a selca.

“KIMCHI.” He said.

That was nerve wracking… I thought he’s gonna do it and ask the question that women at my age would love to hear… Naeun drinks her soju and sighs.

“Are you ok?” Taemin asked.

“Huh? Of course.” She smiled.

They finished eating and Taemin paid everything.

“Kamsahaminida. Come back again next time, ok?” The old lady said.

“De.. kamsahamnida.” Taemin and Naeun bowed and left the tent.

When they reached the car, Taemin stops and holds her shoulder.

“Can we go somewhere?” He said.

“Huh? …where?”

“You’ll see…” He smirked.

 

>< 

 

Taemin drove for two hours from Hongdae to Daecheon beach. He parked his car somewhere and both of them immediately got off and went to the sand.

“Whoa… it’s refreshing… though it’s cold…” Naeun said while her eyes closed, smelling the fresh air of Daecheon.

“Let’s take off our shoes… you’re wearing high heels…” Taemin said.

“Sure.”

She took off her shoes and walk barefoot on the sand.

“Wait here.” Taemin said and he left her.

He came back with a blanket in his hands.

“Where did you get that?” She asked.

“It’s my brother’s blanket. He left it in my car.” He said.

Taemin spread the blanket on the sand and sat.

“Here, sit.” He said.

Naeun smiled and sat beside him. Taemin took off his coat and covered her legs.

“Thank you.” She said.

“Are your feet tired?” He said.

“…Kinda…” She nodded.

“Let me massage it.”

Naeun turned and immediately place her feet in Taemin’s thighs. Taemin grabbed it and massaged it gently.

“It tickles!” She said.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t think about it… I was so excited of going on a date with you today…I’m sorry. I made your feet suffer.” He said.

“It’s ok… I did enjoy it. It’s nice going on dates… let’s do it frequently.” She said.

“…Sure. If it’s for my Naeun…”

Naeun then took off her feet from him and sat close to him. Taemin grab her hand and start to touch it very lightly, it gently.

“I miss you.” He suddenly said and looks at her.

“…me too… I miss the way you touch me…the way you wrap your arms around me…. I feel so warm and…secured……and your smell.” Naeun leans in and smells the part near his jaw and neck while her eyes are close.

“I really miss it… Your nose…  the way your eyes look at me…..Even your jawline… and Adam’s apple…I miss seeing it closer…” She said while touching every part of his face using his fingertip.

Taemin smiled and looks at her with sincere eyes.

“…I miss…everything about you…every part of you….your smile… your laugh… your sweet voice…….your beautiful name…..” He said.

He smiled again and brushes her hair.

“I even miss… kissing your forehead… kissing your hair… your chubby cheeks… your neck….your shoulder…...” He said.

He smirked then he touches her lips lightly using his thumb.

“….Your lips… I miss it.” He said.

“Me too… I miss kissing you…” She said.

From Naeun’s lip, his hand went down to her chin.

“I want to kiss you…” He said.

“I won’t stop you… I seriously won’t mind if you just grabbed my face and kissed me.” She said.

After that he kissed her.

He did grab her face and kissed her passionately. She responded warmly to his kisses too. Both them expressed their miss to each other by kissing.

“…I love you…” Taemin said when he broke from the kiss while cupping her face.

“…I love you… very much…” Naeun said and a tear fell from her eyes.

 

>< 

 

They reached the car and placed the blanket from the backseat. Naeun looks at her watch and bit her lip.

“It’s already two in the morning…” She said.

“…why don’t we sleep in a hotel? Do you want to? Let’s go back to Seoul once the sunset. You’re already tired and sleepy.” Taemin said.

“…ok.”

“Let’s go.”

They immediately got inside the car and went to the nearby hotel. He gave the key to the valet and got off. Taemin grabs her hand and both of them entered the lobby and found a lady receptionist.

“Annyeong haseyo.” The receptionist bowed.

“Do you have available rooms? We’ll check out tomorrow morning. We just need a place to stay.”

“Yes sir, we have available standard rooms for couples--”

“Wait…we’re going to sleep in separate beds.” Taemin clarified.

“Ahh… ok, sir.”

“Thanks. Here’s my card.”

The receptionist checks them in immediately.

“Thank you, sir. Here’s your room key.” She said.

Taemin smiled at her and Naeun followed him in the elevator.

They quickly found the room and opened it. Naeun sat on the bed near the window while Taemin throws his body on the other bed near the bathroom.

“Let’s sleep now…” He said.

“…ok.”

They took off their coats and shoes and immediately laid their bodies on their beds.

Naeun sleep in a side position facing  Taemin. Taemin on the other hand was sleeping in a soldier position with one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter