Her Feelings

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure?” Myungsoo said after Naeun stopped him from leaving the coffee shop along with her. Naeun nodded at him but she was looking down.

Myungsoo sighs and them he looks at Taemin who is still standing beside the staircase looking at Naeun.

“They’re all waiting upstairs, let’s go.” Naeun suddenly said and she pulled Myungsoo’s arm.

Taemin’s eyes followed them as they went upstairs longing for her to look at him but she didn’t turned back, not even once.

He gulped and looked down. Ms. Kwon held his shoulder. Feeling sorry for him.

“Do you want to go there?....If you can’t do it…it’s ok.” She said.

“No… let’s go.” He said and took a step up but Ms. Kwon stop him.

“Taemin.”

“What?” He said but he didn’t turn back.

Ms. Kwon went in front of him and looks into his eyes.

“Things may have already changed…I hope you know your place…” She said.

Taemin looks down and then he lifted up his face and give Ms. Kwon a quick smile.

“..of course…” He said.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be by your side.” She said while holding his shoulder.

“Thanks.”

They went upstairs and found everyone smiling at them with the exception of Myungsoo and Naeun who were already seated along with Kwonho’s girlfriend.  They were quiet and smiling slightly while Kwonho’s girlfriend was talking to them. Taemin looks away as the scene was unbearable to his eyes.

Without him knowing Naeun gave him a glance as she felt that he wasn’t looking at her anymore. Myungsoo bit his lower lip and took a sip from his coffee.

Go on….look at him…Myungsoo pulled his body slightly so that Naeun can have a great look at Taemin. He smiled afterwards as he felt stupid; he loves her yet he’s helping her to look at him.

Krystal noticed Naeun’s glances, she smiled and laughs silently. She pulled herself on her seat and stood up.

I still have hope from the two of you….Krystal smiled and she went beside Taemin.

“Why aren’t you sitting there?” She asked him.

“Ahh…” Taemin can’t seem to answer her question; he just smiled and presses his lips.

Is it because of her and Myungsoo? Krystal thinks and she asks him again.

“Who is she?” Krystal said while looking at Ms. Kwon.

“She’s Ms. Kwon Boa. My workmate in New York. She helped me there to gather some clients; she’s also my mom’s friend.”

“Ahhh….nice meeting you, Ms. Boa-sshi. I’m Krystal Jung.” Krystal bowed at her.

“Nice meeting you. Just Ms. Kwon is ok.” Ms. Kwon smiled sweetly to her.

“Please take a seat. Oppa, let’s all sit.” Krystal grabbed Taemin’s wrist and dragged him. She pulled a chair and forced Taemin to sit. Ms. Kwon followed them and she gave everyone a smile. Both Ms. Kwon and Taemin are sitting across to Naeun and Myungsoo. Taemin was just looking around then he will look down as he felt that Naeun may have felt uncomfortable around him.

Suddenly, Jongin and Kwonho appeared beside Krystal.

“Krystal.” Jongin said.

“Where did you two go?” She said.

“We went downstairs since we saw our batch mates. Anyway, we’re going down to buy beer.” Jongin said.

“What?!”

“We’ll be here in a minute, I’m with Kwonho.”

“Jagiya, we’re leaving for awhile.” Kwonho said to his girlfriend.

“Taemin-ah, we’ll leave for now. We’ll talk later.” Jongin said and he pats Taemin shoulder, Taemin just nodded.

The two left and waved their hands to them and then suddenly two staff reached the second floor while carrying a tray containing coffees and cake.

The staffs gently placed the coffees and cakes on the table and leaves. Ms. Kwon took a quick sip and looks in front. She remembered that she hasn’t greeted them yet. 

“Otokke… I still haven’t introduced myself. Annyeong-haseyo. I’m Kwon Boa. Just call me Ms. Kwon, I’m thirty three years old.” Ms. Kwon said. Naeun and Myungsoo bowed at her and smiled.

“Annyeong haseyo, you look younger than your age.” Kwonho’s girlfriend said.

“Chincha? Kamsahamnida.”

Ms. Kwon suddenly turned her head at Naeun. She smiled at her but then her smile slowly faded as she suddenly felt something strange. She blinks and slowly open .

Wait a minute……Omo! She’s the lady in the restroom! The lady who smelled so good… I can’t believe I already met Son Naeun…. Ms. Kwon said in her mind. She covered as the scene was really bizarre.

“Ahh..Son Naeun, right?” Ms. Kwon suddenly said.

“…de…?”

“Don’t you remember me?” Ms. Kwon smiled sweetly at her.

Taemin turned his head to Ms. Kwon while his eyes were looking back and forth to Naeun and Ms. Kwon.

What is she saying? Taemin blinks.

“Huh?” Naeun shakes her head.

“We met yesterday in the airport… Actually, in the restroom.” Ms. Kwon said.

Naeun paused for a second and gulped.

“Restroom?....ah…De.. I remember.” She nodded while looking at her.

“I’m glad…. Isn’t strange? We meet again.” Ms. Kwon said and sips her coffee.

“….de… it’s strange..” Naeun smiled at her slightly. She doesn’t know what to say to her as she still felt uncomfortable around Taemin.

So Naeun was really at the airport yesterday… Taemin thinks.

So Taemin might really right that it was Son Naeun who bumped him….Ms. Kwon thinks.

Are the heavens playing with them…? Krystal pouts.

“You went to the airport yesterday?” Krystal asked Naeun.

“De…I went there to pick up Myungsoo… together with Jinki oppa and Namjoo and his two other friends…” She said.

Taemin was just nodding while listening to Naeun then he looks down and wets  his lips.

…this is really awkward…..tsk tsk……I feel sorry for him… he’s acting like it’s ok… but deep inside… he’s really not… Kwonho’s girlfriend thinks as she noticed Taemin’s uncomfortable expression.

“Ahhh….By the way, Taemin oppa came back yesterday, right?” Krystal said.

“De.”

“You didn’t see them in the airport?” she asked.

Ms. Kwon’s eye widened and she looks at Taemin.

Tell them! Tell them Taemin that you saw her! …… No, I’m wrong… tell them that you felt Son Naeun’s presence there!

“I didn’t….” Taemin shakes his head.

“Ahh…I’m expecting you to answer that since yesterday I heard that the airport was like fully-packed--” Krystal said but Taemin suddenly speaks.

“But.”

Krystal paused. Ms. Kwon looks at Taemin with anticipation eyes.

..right… you’re doing right… keep going…. Ms. Kwon said in her mind.

“Somebody bumped me yesterday…. I don’t know but…..the voice and…the scent are the same as ….Naeun….” He said and made a quick smile.

“I didn’t bump anyone yesterday.” Naeun suddenly said with serious expression in her face and then she sips her coffee.

“…..really… I’m sorry… I just thought it was you… I’m sorry…” Taemin said softly and he presses his lip.

Their first conversation….. Krystal’s mouth was slightly open after listening to them.

A long silence was created after the first conversation of Naeun and Taemin. Everyone was looking back and forth to the two of them. They felt a heavy atmosphere for the both of them.

The silent atmosphere broke when Jongin and Kwonho came back after buying beer outside.

“Annyeong!” They greeted with a wide smile but it soon fades after they saw them with looking gloomy.

Jongin and Kwonho gulped and quickly pulled a chair. They sat beside their girlfriends.

“What’s with the atmosphere?” Kwonho said.

“Ahh…are you gonna drink? We’re having a coffee here.” Krystal said.

“We gave them to our batch mates. Then we placed some beer to the ref of the coffee shop.”

“Ahh…” Krystal nodded.

Jongin leans his head to Krystal and covers the side of his mouth to whisper.

“What happened? Did Naeun curse Taemin?”

“What?! No…. they just had a very very small conversation and I don’t why we became silent after that…” Krystal whispered.

“Ahhh….” Jongin nodded.

Suddenly, Suho and Eunji reached the second floor and found everyone with awkward atmosphere.

“Honey, do you think something happened?” Eunji whispered.

“I don’t see any slap mark on Taemin’s face….” Suho said while looking at his friends.

“What are you saying.. let’s go and talk to them.” Eunji hit his arm and they went to their area.

Suho pulled a chair for Eunji and she sat.

“The cake is really delicious, right?” Eunji breaks the silence while smiling widely with everyone.

“De… it’s kinda bitter though.” Kwonho’s girlfriend said.

“It’s because it’s made for guys.” Suho said.

“Ahhh…Anyway, Myungsoo-sshi, I read an article about you. Congratulations.” Kwonho’s girlfriend said.  

“…Kamsahamnida.” Myungsoo smiled at her.

“Oh, yeah… he’s a photographer…. In what country did you go?” Krystal asked.

“Italy…. Milan, Italy.” He said.

“How nice. I want to go there too….” Krystal pouted.

“Let’s go there on our anniversary.” Jongin said.

“You’ll treat me?”

“No… I don’t have that much money.”

“Aissshhh…Anyway, Taemin oppa.”

“Hm?” Taemin awkwardly turned his head.

“What did you there in four months? In New York.”

“……just…work..nothing else…” He said.

“Ahh…Oh yeah… belated Happy Birthday!” Krystal clapped her hands and smiled widely at him.

“…thanks.”

Naeun paused and she slightly turning her head to him and then she looks away.

“Belated happy birthday, bro.” Jongin and Kwonho said. Both of them fist bumped to Taemin.

“Thanks” Taemin said.

“Belated Happy Birthday, Taemin.” Kwonho’s girlfriend said.

“Thanks.”

“Belated Happy Birthday.” Suho and Eunji said. Taemin nodded at them.

“How did you celebrate your birthday there?” Eunji asked.

He drunk all night long, crying…. talking about Son Naeun ‘till morning…. Even when he fell asleep…. Ms. Kwon said in her mind and she took a sip from her coffee.

“I just stayed at home… Ms. Kwon brought me a cake.. that’s it.” Taemin said while slightly smiling.

What a big fat lie…tsk… Tsk… Ms. Kwon shakes her head.

“When is your birthday?” Myungsoo suddenly asked. Naeun quickly looks at him.

“July eighteen.” Taemin said.

Myungsoo blinks and remembered the day he saw Naeun leaving her apartment alone wearing a bright smile for the first time; one month after Taemin broke up with her.

And remembered she came back very late on that day.

 

Where did you go? What happened to your dress?

I painted something…. That’s why…

 

Myungsoo slowly turned his head to Naeun with curiosity on his face.

Is that the day of his birthday? Where did you go on that day?

Naeun was just staring at her coffee with blank expression on her face. She gulped and lifted her head with a smile.

“I think we need to go.” She suddenly said.

Everyone’s eyes quickly look at her.

She can’t bear it… Krystal thinks.

“I just remembered that I need to write something for school…Excuse us.” Naeun said and she stood up then she pats Myungsoo’s shoulder. Myungsoo bowed slightly to them and he pulled himself up.

“Are you…sure?” Eunji said.

“Yeah…” Naeun said and she slightly smiles at them.

“Ok… Take care.”

“Thanks for the coffee and cake…..Anyway, it was nice seeing you all.” She bowed and held Myungsoo’s hand and they went downstairs.

Everyone’s eyes went to Taemin as he was silently staring into space. He sighed and suddenly stood up.

“Excuse me.” He said and he immediately went downstairs.

“He’s gonna follow her?” Jongin asked Krystal.

“I think…”

“Honey, follow them… I’m worried…” Eunji said.

“But..”

“Just show yourself if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter