Family

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s eyes slowly open. He was standing in the center of a misty forest. He wandered his eyes around and walks slowly. And he then he asked himself.

Where am I?

What is this place?

-----Where’s Jinri?

He blinked and closes his eyes to take a deep breath and he shouts.

“Jinri! JINRI! Where are you Jinri!?” His voice echoed around the forest then he heard someone.

“OPPA!”

“Jinri?” Minho turned his head around but there is no one there. He closes his eyes again and when he opens it he felt like he time-travelled and saw a young Jinri talking in front of him.

“Oppa… Im sorry… My mom needs me… I’m going to Japan…” she said and a tear fell off from her eyes.

“Goodbye…” Jinri walked away from him but she was slowly fading.

“Jinri---Jinri wait!” Minho follows her but to her surprise another Jinri came, her present version is standing infront of him, carrying her sweetest smile.

“Oppa…” Jinri said.

“Jinri-ah…”

“You didn’t change… I thought you wouldn’t remember me…” Minho’s tear suddenly fell but like the younger Jinri, this too turned around and slowly fades.

“Wait…” He stretched his arm to reach her but she gone quickly then another present Jinri appeared but this one was too lonely and sad.

“Oppa… I’m sorry… I am….very sorry… Goodbye….” Jinri covered her eyes to hide her tears and she soon too fades away…

Minho cries while shaking in his sleep. He was covered in sweat and embracing himself with his legs were folded.

“Ji---Jinri…Don’t---don’t leave me… Jinri----JINRI!” Minho woke up and realized that everything was all a dream. He touches the other side of the bed where Jinri was sleeping but it was empty. He later sat and wipes his face then a call from his mobile phone suddenly came in.

3:05 am

Who would call at this time? It’s too late… He thought. Minho wets his lips and decided to answer the phone and an unknown number appeared.

“Yeoboseyo?----Yes… I’m her husband---------------------------------Excuse me?”

 

 

>< 

 

Suho just came in late at his home because of his business meeting with his father. He throws his bag on the couch and suddenly the sound of  an opening door made his head turned.

“Honey?” Eunji said slowly closing the door because she doesn’t want her son to wake up because of her.

“You’re still awake?” Suho asked

“I don’t know why but I can’t sleep. Anyway, how was your work?”

“Too tired because of my dad. He does have a lot of plans for this year. More work for me… so that means less time with you and Joonmyeon…” He pouted.

“It’s ok. It’s your dad that we are talking here----come here…” Eunji opened her arms for him and Suho gladly accepts her wife’s embrace.

“It’s nice to hae a wife…” He said.

“Of course…” And she lets go and pats his head. Then a phone call came in.

“Your phone is ringing.” Eunji said and Suho quickly gets his phone.

“Maybe its dad-----wait. It’s Minho.” Suho’s eyes look so shock to realize who the caller was and so is Eunji.

“Minho? It’s too late….why is he calling?” Eunji said and she pressed her lips.

“I don’t know.”

“Anyway, go answer it!”

“Hello? Minho, what is it?----Jeollanam? Where in Jeollanam?----”

“Jeollanam? Why is he talking about Jeollanam?” Eunji wondered.

 

And Suho continue to talk to him.

“ You can take a plane and go to Gwangju then from there you can drive to go to Mokpo---Why? What happened? Why are you going there?-------WHAT?!”

Eunji jumped in shock and went beside Suho and she became nervous.

“Let me go with you!----Ill ask Taemin and the others. We’ll go with you. Wait me in your apartment. Arasso?” Then their conversation ended. Suho quickly went to their bedroom to get some things while Eunji followed him.

“Honey, whats wrong? What happened? Why are you going too to Mokpo?” Eunji said while shaking.

“Help me pack my things---hurry!” He said. But then Eunji held his arm to stop him.

“Why, what happened?” She said while looking at him seriously. Suho closes his eyes and took a deep breath then he held her shoulders to calm her as she was shaking.

“---Jinri is missing…” He said.

“Missing? What?!...How---how is she missing---”

“The ship sank… and until now, they still couldn’t find her body…”

“What?” she whispered.

“--They told Minho that they only saw her things…” he added.

“I’ll go with you—” She suddenly said and quickly fix her things but she was stop by Suho.

“No!----Honey, you need to be here. Me and the other guys will be the only ones who will go there.”

Eunji just sat on their bed and wipes her face to calm herself. Suho kneeled infront of her and held her hand.

“Just pray for her----and take care of Joonmyeon……Arajji?” He said and she nodded.

“I need to call the airlines---and the guys.” Suho said and he left her.

 

 

>< 

 

 

Naeun and Taemin was sleeping soundly in their bedroom when suddenly a call from Taemin’s phone wakes their senses. Naeun immediately stood up from their bed and opens the lampshade beside her while Taemin was just moving from their bed and quickly covers his face due to the light of the lamp.

Naeun gets the phone and answers it.

“Oh, Suho oppa? Wae?” She asked.

“Naeun?”

“Taemin is sleeping right now, he just got back from work thirty minutes ago. What is it?” she said while looking at her tired husband.

“---can you wake him up for me? It’s an emergency…” Suho said.

“Oh…ok.”

Naeun went to their bed and lightly taps Taemin on his head.

“Oppa, oppa wake up.”

“What is it?” Taemin said in a sleepy tone.

“Suho oppa wants to talk to you. He said it’s an emergency. Answer him now.”

Taemin paused for a few seconds and slowly removes the blanket away from him and answers the phone.

“Hyung? What is it?” He said.

“Taemin, I want you to go to the airport now… Call the boys it’s an emergency. Jinri is---”

“What?---Why? What happened to Jinri?” Taemin quickly said.

Jinri?! Naeun suddenly became nervous.

“Her ship sank and they still couldn’t find her right now.”

“What?!---”

“Anyway, I’ll be there in an hour. Wait for us.”

Their conversation ended and Taemin suddenly sat on their bed and wipes his eyes to adjust it from the light. He gulped and look at Naeun.

She’ll be worried too much…. He thought.

“What happened to Jinri? Tell me. What did Suho oppa say?” She said while shaking.

Taemin pause then he wet his lip gulps.

“Her ship sank…”

“Her ship----sank?” She said and was really shock to hear it.

“Yes….Anyway, I need to go to the airport now to help them. I’ll call the boys… Help me find my passport.”Tamin said and he removes himself out of their bedroom and quickly change his clothes.

“Can I---can I come too?” She asked.

“Of course not. Just stay here…Ill just update you. Don’t worry too much. You will be stressed. Talk to Eunji and the other girls I’m sure Suho hyung wouldn’t let Eunji to go with him too…”

“Jinri…”

“Pray for her…”

 

>< 

 

 

All five of them went to the airport. Suho, Minho, Taemin, Jongin and of course Kwonho. While Suho is negotiating with the airline company, the three boys comforts Minho who is still in the state of shock of what was happened.

“Don’t worry… We will help you. We will find her.” Taemin said and Minho just nod. He was staring into space thinking deeply of the situation and is very quiet since they saw him. Not a single word from his mouth.

Then Suho quickly came to them.

“I got all our tickets. Lets go.”

 

 

>< 

 

They safely landed in Jeollanam at 5:30AM. They didn’t bring any luggage, only small body bags and water bottles. They went to the service area and asked some drivers to take them to Mokpo, the nearest island where the accident happened.

While there are inside the cab, only Kwonho and Jongin are sleeping while Suho, who is sitting beside the driver and Taemin who is sitting beside Minho are the the only ones awake.

Taemin saw how Minho was feeling nervous as he was shaking while looking outside the window. Then he pats his shoulder and talks to him.

“She’s alive…I’m sure of it…. Jinri’s a fighter.” He said and Minho just smiled at him lightly and nods.

After an hour of travel, they finally headed to Mokpo. As soon as they arrived, Minho quickly left them and went to the area. It was full of people and the sun has already risen.

The boys followed Minho and stood up behind him. Jongin and Kwonho are feeling uneasy to the people around them, crying for their loss. They just wet their lips and help Minho. But then realized that some people are looking at Minho, maybe because he is one of the great soccer players ever.

“Excuse me, where can we get information? About the passengers?” Minho asked some officer.

“There is a board over there at the back of the ambulance, where the names of the survivors, deceased and missing person were listed.” The lady officer said.

“Thank you.” Minho held the hand of the lady full of sincerity and left quickly.

Hundreds of people were looking at the board. All of them dived-in and excuse their selves while reaching the board.

“Find her name.” Minho said to them while looking at the board.

All of them just looked at the survivors list neither of them looked at the deceased list.

“Choi Jinri… Choi Jinri-----Choi Jinri----Choi Jin---!  Minho! I found her!” Taemin

“Where?” Kwonho said and went beside Taemin.

“She’s alive….” Minho whispered.

“See? I told you.” Taemin said and Minho hugged him happily.

The five of them went to find Jinri in the area. But they failed to see her everywhere, then they asked an officer-in-charge to ask.

They went inside the big tent and asked someone.

“Excuse me, where can we find the survivors?” Minho asked.

“Usually, they are now in the Mokpo hospital for treatment…May I know the name of the survivor? And her age, please.”

“Choi Jinri. Twenty six years old… I’m her husband.”

“Wait, I’ll check her name.”

Minho and the others waited patiently on the bench, until the lady summoned them.

“Sir, I’m sorry to inform you but the Choi Jinri in the survivor’s list is only eighteen years old, a high school student; and she already left with her parents awhile ago.”

“Can you check it again?” Kwonho said. Minho and the others are completely shock about it.

“I already did, sir. I think you are looking for the missing person. Choi Jinri in the missing person list.”

“…no one has ever found her yet?” Taemin asked.

“I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter