December Stories

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re going to drink?” Naeun asked Krystal as they stopped in front of a local twenty-four hour restaurant in Myeongdong. Krystal dragged her there after she cried heavily on Naeun’s shoulder.

“No…” Krystal shook her head while looking straight in the restaurant.

Naeun wondered.

Krystal slowly turned her head to Naeun.

“We….are going to drink…” She said.

Naeun blinks.

“Let’s go.” Krystal said.

Otokke… Naeun gulped and followed her.

They entered the busy restaurant. Krystal wandered her eyes everywhere to find an unoccupied table while Naeun was standing behind her.

Krystal walks on the center and Naeun awkwardly follows her.

“Let sit here.” Krystal said after finding a decent table. They immediately sat on the floor and places their shopping bag on the side of the wall.

Naeun gulped and look at Krystal while she’s busy finding a waitress willing to take her orders.

“…anyway Krystal…”

“Hm?” Krystal quickly faced her.

“I need to go to the toilet… you can order for me…” Naeun said.

“Ok..”

Naeun slowly stood up and went immediately in the ladies room. She finds an empty cubicle and talks to herself.

“Otokke… Why did we end up here? I should have asked where we’re going…” Naeun said and she bit her lip.

She sighs and grabs her cell phone in her pocket.

“Yeobeoseyo? Oppa…” She said and gulped.

“Naeun-ah wae?” Taemin said.

“…I need you to talk to Jongin right now… as in right now.” Naeun said in a whisper tone.

“Wae?”

“They have a problem and I think you could help them to solve this since you are both close to them.”

“…what happened?”

Naeun told him what happened in every detail and Taemin listened to her carefully since she was whispering. She can’t speak in a regular tone since she was in a public room.

“…ok… I’ll talk to Jongin… Anyway where are you?” Taemin said after he learns everything.

“I’m here at a local restaurant with Krystal… she said that we’re going to drink.” Naeun bit her lip.

“What?! Don’t drink.”

“I know…but—”

“If you both get drunk it will be hard for me and Jongin to find the two of you…Krystal can’t really be tamed whenever she gets drunk… and maybe it will happen again…the time when you and Jinri got drunk...you might go to some places we don’t know...” He said.

“What am I going to do? Maybe she already ordered me a drink… You know I can’t say no to Krystal…”

“Tsk….Anyway in case of emergency, tell me where you are now...”

“We’re here in Myeongdong… in front of Mr. Chu’s restaurant.”

“Ok. Text me if something happens…arasso?”

“Ok…” Naeun hangs up and sighs. She went out of the cubicle and washes her hands in the lavatory. She looks her reflection in the mirror and sighs.

What am I going to do?

Naeun came back after thirty minutes. She sat on the floor across to Krystal.

“Where did go? I thought you left me.” Krystal frowns.

“I’m sorry… the toilet is full that’s why.” Naeun smile slightly to her. She looks down to Krystal’s ordered food and like what she thought there’s four cans of beer waiting for her.

Otokke… Like I thought….

“Anyway, I ordered these two plates of chicken and four cans of beer. Two for you and two for me.” Krystal said.

“Two bottles? But….Krystal…”

“Wae? Two can of beer is ok... Today is Krystal’s day! I ordered it because I don’t want to be emotional. What I did earlier is enough so please…”

Naeun is still thinking twice.

“Naeun… just for this day… for me? Please…” Krystal smiled at her.

Naeun gulped and smile slightly.

“…ok.” She said.

 

>< 

 

Taemin went in front of Jongin’s family house and called him via phone. He leans his back beside his car and waits for him.

Jongin arrived after five minutes and Taemin greeted him with expressionless face.

“I heard that you got yourself a car.” Taemin said.

“It’s my father’s graduation gift. I don’t really use it constantly…just sometimes…” Jongin awkwardly said and looks down.

Taemin nods and bit his lip. He sighs and looks at Jongin.

“I think you already know why I called you.” Taemin said in a serious tone.

Jongin lift his head and looks at him.

“...do you know where she is?” He asked.

“Yeah…. But before I tell you… can you explain to me why were you in Myeongdong instead of Itaewon?”

“Well….. I told you before that we’re not allowed to call each other or text each other regularly, right? Because she said that she needs to study...” Jongin said.

“…yeah.” Taemin nods.

“Then yesterday…..I received a call from her…. She asked if I’m free tomorrow night. I told her that I’m going to be in Itaewon. Then she asked if I’m free the day after. And I said yes.”

Taemin nodded and Jongin continue.

“So…when I was about to go to Itaewon… my friend suddenly text me that we meet up in Myeongdong instead since it’s more nearer in their place… so I went there… I didn’t tell it to Krystal since.. you know… The rules that she made… that’s why…” Jongin said.

“…ok..”

“Can you tell me now where she is?”

“Wait…. That girl.”

“Who?”

“Your friend… the one who scolded Krystal... Naeun told me that….that girl… said that all of your friends don’t like Krystal….”

“Kinda…”

“I can imagine how they talk behind her back. How can you endure it?”

“Krystal also talks behind them. You know she can easily sense something.” Jongin quickly said.

Taemin nods.

“They said that she has an attitude problem…. But for me…they’re just saying that because they just can’t handle her strong personality… Krystal is too strong for them… She’s brave… she’s just showing what she really is… and I find it very charming… really…” Jongin said and he smiled sweetly.

Taemin’s world suddenly paused for a second after seeing his best friend acting up like this in front him, talking about his family neighbour that he treated like a little sister for years.

“Why?” Jongin asked and wondered.

“Ahhh…. Nothing….Seeing you talking like this to Krystal…. I don’t know… Maybe because you are both close to me… You are my best friend… Krystal’s my childhood friend... It’s kinda a different feeling… I don’t know…” Taemin said.

Jongin chuckled and nodded.

Taemin smiled at him and held his shoulder.

“Anyway… I hope you can solve your problem as much as possible… I don’t want to see any awkward atmosphere during my---……you know.” Taemin said.

“…of course… So… can you tell me now where is she?”

“Of course… but I’ll go with you…”

“Why?”

“Naeun is also there… and I think they’re drinking.”

“What?! They’re drinking? Then let’s go!”

 

>< 

 

“Ajumma! Can you give me another can of beer?” Krystal said after she finished drinking her last can of beer and quickly bites a chicken leg afterwards.

“Krystal… I think we need to go… you’re kinda…drunk.” Naeun said. She still hasn’t finished drinking a can of beer as she don’t want to get drunk and Taemin already warned her.

“No… no, no, no… I’m not.” Krystal shook her head.

“…your face is red and--”

“Naeun-ah… just let me be today… let me be…ok? And I’m not yet drunk...My face is just getting red… I’m not yet drunk.” Krystal explained.

“…ok.”

“Don’t worry about me… I can handle this…I can handle any kinds of problem… I was born because of that… I’m strong… I’m brave… I’m….bad.”

“No…don’t say that…”

“… I knew they don’t like me… I knew how much they don’t like me… even if they don’t say it before… I knew…” Krystal smiles while biting her lower lip.

Naeun sighs.

“When Jongin was still a college student… I sometimes visit him… every time I did… his friends would look away… or they will evacuate the area… leaving me alone with Jongin… They all treating me like wind… like I never existed in their eyes… Like that…and there was also a time when Jongin and I were in a bar…Jongin’s friends suddenly showed up and talks to him… they were talking about their home works while I was there…they did it…so that I can never join their conversation… I was about to speak up when Jongin suddenly held my hand tightly and excuse ourselves to them… We left them and went outside… He knows that I hate being treated like that…he knows that I can easily shut their faces if I started to talk…he knows what I can do... He said that I should understand his friends...that their brains are not like my brain… I told him ‘Yes, because my brain is full of knowledge… while their brains are full of .’ I understand why they don’t like me… but them being rude to me is too much… I guess I was born classy and beautiful that’s why I don’t act like that…” Krystal  said.

Naeun looks down and bit her lip.

Krystal smiled slightly and wipes her face.

“I don’t know Naeun… I have a strong personality… but my boyfriend… I think he’s the weakest man I’ve ever met… He’s nice… too nice… too coward… too---tsk… I don’t know… I am strong… but when it comes to Jongin… I’m so weak… very weak…”

“…because you love him… even though he’s like that… you still love him…” Naeun said.

“Yes… after drinking and such… I realized that…this problem isn’t big afterall… we just need to talk and clear things up…”

“…yeah.”

They both smiled to each other and drink their beer after. Krystal was smiling while staring into space and drinks her beer but then suddenly, two large men appeared in front of them. Destroying their good mood.

“Hey missies… why are you two alone?” The man said, the other big man was standing behind him, smiling at them.

“Can you please go away before I put your head through a wall?” Krystal said and drinks her beer.

“Whoa… brave girl…I like brave girls…” He said.

“Ajussi… can you please leave us alone?” Naeun said.

“Ajussi?”

“Didn’t you hear her? Are your ears full of earwax?” Krystal said.

“What?!” The big man frown.

“Krystal…” Naeun looks at her with worried face.

“Don’t you know who I am?” The man said to Krystal.

“I don’t care who you are…I’m sure you’re just a moving crap. Go to some place and stop bothering us here…” Krystal said.

“WHAT?! Huh… chincha…moving crap?”

“Yes. Now leave us alone…. and please…spread you stinky breath somewhere else...” Krystal said.

“What! You !” The big man grabbed Krystal’s collar and pulled her up.

“Krystal!” Naeun shouts and went to the big ajussi to stop him but the other big man behind the ajussi stopped Naeun and pushed her.

“Naeun!” Krystal said.

Krystal quickly look at the man and glared at him.

“You scumbag!” Krystal said and immediately slapped his face big time.

“Mister! Please….!” The restaurant owner said.

“You es should know who you’re messing with!” The big man glared at Krystal and was about to slap her but Naeun quickly stood up and prevents it.

“Stop it!” Naeun said but suddenly, the other big guy grabbed her collar and pulled her strongly. Her shirt easily got stretched and torn, revealing her bra strap in the public.

Suddenly,

“Naeun!” Taemin came with Jongin.

“Oppa!”

“Krystal.” Jongin said.

“…Jongin?” Krystal wondered while trying to remove the big guy’s hand in her collar.

Taemin looks straight in Naeun’s direction. His eyes widened as he saw his girlfriend being held by a man rudely. He clenched his fist and immediately runs to them.

“You ing !” Taemin said punched the big guy.

“Oppa!” Naeun said.

The fight starts and the big guy let go of Naeun and punches Taemin too.

Like Taemin, Jongin immediately went to the guy who’s holding Krystal’s collar and glares at him.

“You… How dare you to touch my Krystal?” Jongin said calmly.

“Wae? Who are you?” the big guy said.

“Me? Tsk… you don’t know who I am? I’m Kim Jongin.”

“Kim Jongin?”

 “De…sometimes they called me Demon Kim. Master Demon Kim.”

Krystal gulps and her eyes were looking back and forth to Jongin and big guy.

“Demon Kim?”

“Yes. And here’s hell!” Jongin said and quickly punch his face.

Krystal’s eyes widened and watch Jongin fighting the big guy even though there is a low chance of him beating the big guy.

Both Naeun and Krystal watched Jongin and Taemin’s being beat up harshly by the two big guys. Although their boyfriends are fighting, they can’t punch those two guys big time as they are both strong and big.

 

>< 

 

The fight ended after the restaurant owner called the police. They only told the police that it was only the two big guys fault and not Taemin and Jongin that’s why they let them go home.

Naeun and Krystal decided to treat Jongin and Taemin in Naeun’s apartment. Krystal droves Taemin’s car since Taemin can’t drive as his body is aching big time.

They reached the apartment as soon as possible and Naeun quickly grabbed their first aid kit.

Krystal treats Jongin’s wounds in the living room while Naeun was treating Taemin’s wounds in her bedroom.

“Ah! Aisshh… touch it gently…” Jongin said to Krystal as she was applying ointment on his face.

“…who said to you to punch that big fat stinky guy? Don’t you see that he’s four times bigger than you?” Krystal said.

“Why are you scolding me instead of thanking me?” Jongin said.

Krystal sighs.

“…wait there… I’ll get a towel.” She said and left Jongin.

While Krystal was looking for a towel, on Naeun’s bedroom, someone is also whining like kid while being treated.

“Ah! Ah…wait. It hurts… ah chincha…” Taemin said as Naeun was applying ice on his face.

“Why do you even bother yourself DJ-ing or learning music…when your true ambition is to be an action star?” Naeun said.

“…what?” Taemin frowns.

“Why you like covering a mistake with another mistake? You should have just stop--”

“How can I not hit his ing face?!” Taemin yells but his face suddenly hurts.

“Oppa…” Naeun sighs.

“You’re my girlfriend of course I will be mad… Who wouldn’t be? Any man would feel mad if their girlfriends are being treated like that…” Taemin while holding his cheek because of the wound.

“I know…but look what happened… That guy is so big… Your body is full of bruises… Good thing he didn’t think of ruining your eyes…good thing the owner didn’t let you stay in the jail…You made me so worried…”

“…I’m sorry… but if that happened again….I will still do what I did earlier.” Taemin said.

“…I don’t know what to do with you… Do whatever you want…” Naeun sighs and leaves the room.

  She went to the kitchen and found Krystal washing a towel in the sink.

“How is Jongin?” Naeun asked.

“…still tolerating the pain…Anyway, where is Namjoo?”

“She’s with her parents. She will come back next week.”

Krystal turned the faucet and sighs.

“Something’s wrong?” Naeun said.

“…I don’t know… usually… when it comes to fight…or if he saw a fight… Jongin will just stand and do nothing… but earlier…”

“Earlier… he suddenly went and punched that guy for you...”

“…yeah…He’s so stupid. He doesn’t even think how big that guy is. Those two…they’re stupid. They should have just called the police or talked to the guys calmly…” She sighs.

“Yeah but…I don’t know… although I’m disappointed…somewhere in my heart… there’s a feeling of happiness…. that Taemin oppa did that for me…” Naeun said.

“…I don’t want to admit but… yeah… me too…”

>< 

 

Krystal came back to treat Jongin’s wound and bruises again. She put an ice in the ice bag and applied it on his face.

“Ah! Can you please…be more careful? Apply it gently…” Jongin said.

“I’m really doing it on purpose so that you can learn from your mistakes...so that the next time--”

“So that the next time I will see that….I will still do what I did.” Jongin said.

“…do whatever you want.” Krystal frowns.

“Can we talk now?” Jongin suddenly said.

“Not now… you’re still like this.” Krystal said and prepares the towel.

“It’s ok… Krystal I want to sleep peacefully….If we don’t talk about it now I don’t think I can sleep…” Jongin said.

Krystal pressed her lips and looks down.

Jongin sighs and held her hands.

“Please… just this once…. Listen to me…” He said.

Krystal looks at him and sighs.

“Let’s talk outside.” She said.

They left Naeun’s apartment quietly and went outside of the building. They stand beside each other and walk on the side of the road. Krystal was looking straight while her arms were crossed. Jongin was giving her a glance and was still deciding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter