Sweet honesty

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin is just looking at Naeun seriously after he confessed that he really like her. Naeun can’t look straight at his eyes. She’s bending her head down and playing with her fingers then she will look up and presses her lips. Taemin gulps and sighs. Naeun looks at him.

I don’t know what to say… I mean, I’m happy that he told me that….

I do like him too… but somehow... I feel so scared…. Naeun bend her head and bites her lip.

Taemin noticed Naeun’s uneasiness. He knows that she’s kinda introverted. He thinks that maybe she doesn’t know how she’s going to express herself in this kind of situation. He doesn’t know whether she already experience being in a relationship or not. Or she already experienced but it got hurt instead.

He bends his face and breathes. Wets his lips and looks at her.

“When we were glancing at each other in the bar… that wasn’t the first time that I saw you…In fact it was the third time.” He said.

Naeun blinked and looks at him seriously. She became suddenly curious.

“The first time…was when you were about to get off of the bus while carrying two paper bags containing Christmas decors.”

Naeun’s eyes widened, she remembers that day of course but she didn’t notice him. She doesn’t remember that there’s a Lee Taemin at that time. Taemin continues to speak.

“That day, my eyes can’t help but to follow you. You looked pure, your face was so peaceful.. everything is like perfection…”

Naeun is still looking straight at him, wanting to hear more.

“Then the second time.. was when you ate at the meat restaurant that I always hangout since middle school…..At first, I still don’t know if it was you since you were sitting behind my back.”

Naeun remembered that day too. The day, her Eunji unnie said that she will be celebrating Christmas in a nightclub. She remembered that she bumped the table when she was about to leave. But not Taemin’s existence.

“Since my only evidence was your sunny-happy-morning smell that I think hypnotized me, I thought, ‘Is she here?... Are we going to meet again?’. That’s why I was hoping, hoping that it was you who’s sitting behind… Then, when you left, and saw your face, ‘Ah my conclusions were revealed… So, I met her again.’”

I can’t believe I’m hearing this…

“Then as I expected, we met again on Christmas Eve. I was just sitting in the bar, I’m kinda drunk, and then suddenly you were sitting beside me. I thought ‘Am I delusional? Is this the effect of a ten percent alcohol?’ My eyes kept looking at you,…. Suddenly, your eyes met mine; you look at me, no.., you glance, then you stand up in your seat and said ‘You’re a good dancer Taemin-sshi’.”

Naeun nods and smiles as she remembered it and then her tears start to fall. Taemin smiles slightly and wipes her tears.

“I’m telling you that was the best night of my existence because you suddenly talk to me.” Taemin said while smiling at her. He gulps and continues.

“Since the day I met you my feelings can’t be tamed. I have never been like this before. I just don’t know how to pour out my feelings for you. I wanted to find the perfect words or the right words for you to realize how much you mean to me.” Taemin suddenly held her hands that were place in her knees. He bends his back and rise up his head to look straight in her eyes that still releasing tears.

“I know you’ll find it hard to believe me if I tell you how much I like you……… Naeun-ah, there is a reason people like you and I find each other. The reason why I met you, the reason why you met me….. Maybe it’s God, yes, maybe it’s fate…. All I know is that… it is not definitely an accident why I found you…”

Naeun releases her right hand from Taemin’s hand to wipe her tears while smiling.

“Komawo.” She said while nodding to him. Taemin nods too while looking at her lovingly.

Naeun breathes heavily and she suddenly, hugs him.

Her left arm was around his neck while her right arm was around his shoulder. Taemin smiles while slightly biting his lip and hugs her too. Naeun is burying her face near Taemin’s neck because of her shyness.

Then she whispered in his ear.

“Me too.” She said.

Taemin’s cheekbones went up in the night sky of Hongdae. He pats Naeun’s back childishly. She buried again her face near his neck since she can’t bear to look at him after she answered Taemin’s ‘I really like you Son Naeun’ into the words ‘Me too’.  His revelations did help her to say it and do it.

“We’re going to take it slow.. I promise..” Taemin said seriously. He’s like whispering to her too.

He said it since Naeun is new to this. He might have hurt her without knowing what he did. He knows she’s too innocent and maybe fragile. Taemin wants to have a good relationship with her. He will treasure her and will protect her.

Suddenly the store owner noticed them.

“Aiyoooo…. Cute couple.. My husband and I were like that when we were young.. hugging in a Pojangmacha.” The ajumma said. Naeun quickly released herself and sit properly. Taemin covers his mouth and secretly laugh in his side.

“Ahh.. ehm.. Eomonim.. could you take us a picture?” Taemin said. Naeun gave him a glare. Wondering why he suddenly want a couple picture inside a Pojangmacha. Taemin gave him a signal through his eyes. Like he’s saying ‘Wae? Why not?’

“Yeah sure. Hand me that.” The ajumma cheerfully said. Taemin gave her his phone and stands in his seat. Naeun doesn’t have any choice but to stand in her seat too and wipes her remaining tears in her eyes, Taemin sees some so he wipes it using his thumb.

“Aiyooo.. so sweet..” The ajumma smiled widely while looking at them. Naeun covers since she’s laughing at her and Taemin’s doings. She’s so shy and can’t speak anything at the moment.

They stand beside each other to pose. Taemin puts his arm around her shoulders so that they can really look like a couple, so that if he saw Jinri, he can brag about their new couple picture, since Jinri teased their old couple picture before.

Naeun and Taemin both smiled in the camera without showing their teeth.

“Kamsahamnida eomonim.” Taemin said, Naeun bowed to her.

“Pose another one. Let’s take another picture.” The ajumma said. Naeun can’t help but laugh silently and pats Taemin’s shoulder. She’s really shy facing the ajumma. Though there are only two to three customers eating.

“Then, picture us eomonim while we are eating your Sundaeguk.” Taemin jokingly said. Naeun clapped her hands while laughing silently at Taemin’s suggestion.

“Let’s try that, you two sit down.” The eomonim said. Naeun’s eyes widened since she thought it will be a joke. They sat again and took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter