Challenges

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you going to Daegu too?” Jongin asked Naeun while the two of them are eating their snacks.

“Yes. It’s a seminar.” She nods.

“Really? Me too. Actually I don’t know why my boss picked me. There are a lot of sociable people in our office and then he chose the anti-social me.” He sighed.

“Same as me. But I guess it’s for our own good too.”

“You’re right. Anyway... How is Taemin? Is he still the same?”

“Well....he’s kind of trying to be more responsible...----But still childish.” She said and she shakes her head.

“Hahahahah! Actually, in our group...you may not believe it but Taemin is the most responsible.”

“Seriously?” She said and her eyes widened.

Jongin chuckled.

“He may not look like it due to his childish behavior sometimes, but he’s a lot more responsible than Kwonho and I. Especially the time when we need a space from our parents... and then he offered his rental apartment... Day by day we see Taemin----very independent.  One who works hard everyday and every night. He goes to school and he goes to club... then he counts his blessings---the money. Then divides it by three. Bills. Self---”

Anhd he looks at Naeun

“---and Future.” He added.

“I never knew...” She said.

“That’s why... he’s kind of our---well, inspiration.”

“I guess I married an amazing man.” She said and gave a bright smile.

 

>< 

 

Minho came to his apartment while panting. Looking all sweat and dissapointed and later throw himself on the sofa. He then sensed something to their bedroom and checks.

He found Jinri, doing something on their closet and her open luggage on top of their bed.

“Now you’re packing...” He said.

Jinri quickly looks at him in shock and slowly facing him.

“.....It’s---for our own good.” She whispered.

“Our own good? Really?” He said.

“Minho I just want us---” she was about to hold him but Minho cuts her.

“I’ve been looking for you all day... I was like----a crazy man! ----Searching for his wife in every corner of the streets...Running and running....until my leg weakens.”

Jinri was shaking and starts to cry then Minho sat on ther bed and continue to speak.

“While running, I was thinking----‘Did she think that I’m stupid? Someone who don’t know how to understand? ---- Someone who will get angry easily... Who will hurt people?----Does she really love me?’..... Those questions kept on troubling my mind.” He said while wiping his eyes.

“It’s not what you you think.” She said.

Minho stops and looks at her.

“Oh yeah?” He said.

“It’s just... I think this is what we both need. To be alone...We both need space and---” Jinri said while shaking but Minho suddenly stands up and shouts at her.

“I don’t need space Jinri!”

Jinri was surprised and cries. Minho held her shoulders and talks.

“What are you thinking?! Why are you solving on your own!?------Why don’t you include me!?” He shouted.

“i’m sorry... I just can’t take---seeing you right now. I’m so troubled and scared... I don’t know what’s the best thing for me to do...I need to stay away from you... I need to find myself...” She said while crying and Minho’s tears starts to fall but he quickly wipes it. He let go of Jinri and turn around so that she may not see his tears.

“I’m sorry...” She said.

Minho breathes and wipes his face.

“Go.” He suddenly said.

Jinri’s world pauses.

“If that’s what you want---” He said.

“---you can get out of this house.” He added. And Minho left room.

Jinri followed him.

“Minho, wait---”

“Just lock the door.” He said and left the house.

 

>< 

 

 

Taemin and Krystal decided to go to Hongdae to enjoy themselves so that they may not be bored while their love ones are away.

“What are you doing?” Krystal asked Taemin as he is super busy using his phone.

“I’m sending messages to my wife.” He said while typing.

“She just left four hours ago... Give her some time. Maybe she’s tired.”

“She’ll be at the seminar in two hours. I’m giving her my support.”

“Hey! She’s just in a seminar! Not in some kind of special events where she’ll get an award. She’s just there to give some speech and learn from the others.”

“That’s why I’m giving her support messages. You know Naeun has low self-confidence. She get nervous once she speaks infront of so many.”

“Just like Jongin. I hope he doesn’t messed up.” She said and she dranks her juice.

The they both sighed.

“Why did they even choose them?” He said and frowns.

“You’re right!? Right? I mean, Jongin is too quiet and too shy when he’s around with people he doesn’t know!”

“Right, Naeun doesn’t even want to talk with anybody other than those people who are close to her!”

“They are so dull and lifeless!”

“Strange and kind of boring!”

“Unsociable and weird!”

“Right!”

And they laughed.

“Ahahahahahahahahaha....haha—haha...” Their smiles quickly fades and they sighs.

“I guess we miss them too much...” She said.

“Right.”

“Cheers..”

“Cheers.”

 

>< 

 

“Achhhooooo!” Jongin sneezed while in the middle of a seminar. Everyone looked at him, Including the speaker.

“Mr. Kim?....You have a cold?” the speaker said.

“Ahmm.... No. I’m fine.” He said while embarrassed.

Everyone turned their heads and focus on the presentation.

“Let’s continue to phase two....next slide please.”

Is it too cold? He thought and later looks at the air condition.

He then looks around him but everyone is too focus.

No one even wants to be friendly. In less than twenty minutes we’ll have our break time.

Alone again. He sighs and starts to take down notes.

 

“That’s it. We’ll proceed to the next part after an hour. Enjoy your break time.” The speaker said and Jongin fixes his table and stood up but later stopped by the four women.

“Jeogiyo.” The woman in yellow asked him.

“Hm? Are you talking to me?” Jongin said while pointing his finger on his chest.

“De.” She smiled.

“We have been looking at you the entire time and we find that you’re not with anybody.” The woman in blue said.

“....Ah...well I’m not really sociable.” He said shyly.

“By the way I’m Seulgi and this is Irene, Wendy and Joy.” The woman in yellow said.

“Kim Jongin.” He smiled.

“We know.”

Jongin’s eyes widened and later finds that he’s wearing a nameplate.

“Ah yeah...forgot.” He said.

“So want to come with us? I hope you won’t mind. Let’s have our snack together.” Joy said.

“...sure.”

 

>< 

 

Naeun went to the nearby cafe infront of the university where she’s having her two –day-seminar.

“One slice of Red Velvet and an herbal tea. The ginseng peppermint.” She said on the counter.

“Please wait a minute and we’ll hand it to you. May I know your name?”

“Naeun.”

Naeun sat beside the window glass. Later on she recieved her order and starts drinking her tea. Then hr phone rings and answers it.

“Oppa! How are you?” She said brightly.

“Not fine without you. Anyway, what are you doing now?”

“I’m here at the cafe. Eating my small snack. We have a one hour break.”

“Is Jongin’s place near you?”

“One block away.”

“You can call him so he can be with you. I don’t want you to be alone there. You’ll get bored.”

“Alright. I’ll ask him---” Naeun then found Jongin entering the cafe with four girls.

“Well I think he’s enjoying his time now.” She said to Taemin while smirking.

“What?...huh?”

“Anyway, i’ll hung up now. Bye.” She said and drinks her coffee while looking at Jongin.

 

>< 

 

Jongin sat on the chair together with the four girls. Then later got their orders. The girls are all nice too him that is making him more embarassed. Ten suddenly he saw Naeun looking at him and she winks.

Jongin choked and splashes the drink.

“What happened to you?” Irene asked.

“Can you give us some tissues?” Joy said to the waitress.

“You sneezed earlier and now you coughed. Are you---sick?” Seulgi said while wiping his shirt.

“No... I’m just---I’m fine.” Jongin took the tissue from her and starts to wipe his shirt.

Jongin suddenly took his phone and starts to give Naeun a text.

 

J: I hope you’re not thinking the wrong way.

N: No, I’m not, handsome.

J: They insisted. I can’t just say no.

N: You don’t need to explain. I understand, nice guy.

J: Please don’t tell it to anybody else. Especially my little monster.

N: Just don’t be TOO nice to them, pretty boy.

J: Stop teasing me, songsaengnim.

N:Ok, have a great day ^_^

J: I’m a good guy.

 

>< 

 

 

Eunji went to a nearby convience store to buy some things she needed to their home and after that she went to the parking lot but then she saw Jinri who is about to go inside of her car.

“Jinri?” She asked.

Jinri looks at her and smile slightly.

“Hi.” She said.

“Where are you going at this time of hour?” Eunji asked.

“I’ll be staying in Incheon until tomorrow night.”

“Where are you going? Exactly.”

“After that I’ll catch up a boat...going to Jeju-do.”

Eunji paused and blinks.

“Is Minho going too?” she asked.

“No...”

“---Does he know y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter