Being a Husband

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?---Are you serious?” Krystal widened her eyes. She’s looking straight at Eunji while Naeun and Jinri are just blinking.

“Unnie?” Naeun faces Eunji.

“Eunji-ah…What do you mean?.....What about your child?” Jinri asked.

Eunji looked at them with straight face. Without a warning, she cries. She covered her face with her palms and cries heavily.

“Oh my God! I hate him!” She said.

“Now she’ crying…” Krystal said and she sighs.

“Eunji-ah..” Jinri held her shoulder.

“What happened? Can you tell us?” Naeun said.

Eunji sniffed and faces them.

“Wait let me just wipe my tears… Miss, can you give us some tissue?” Eunji said to the waitress.

The waitress immediately gave her the tissues and Eunji quickly use it.

“Have you calmed yourself?” Krystal asked.

She exhales.

“Is there anything you need?” The waitress asked.

“None. It’s alright. Thanks. You can go.” Eunji said.

“What really happened?” Naeun said.

Eunji sighs.

“Suho doesn’t want me to go back to my work. He wanted me to resign. He said that his son needs a fulltime mother not a part-time mother…” She said.

“…ok…so what did you say?” Krystal said.

“I told him I don’t want to of course! I mean I’m a columnist for God’s sake! I love my work…..Getting pregnant is not on my list...but then it happened….but it doesn’t mean that I need to stop everything!… Being the best writer is my dream…I dreamt of becoming a detective...a singer…a vocal trainer…but then this was given to me…A writer!… I worked hard to get where I am, and now he’s taking it away from me! God! How can he---Oh my…” She said and she burst into tears.

“One minute, she’s fine and the next minute, she’s gushing tears...Aigoo.” Krystal said.

“Calm yourself…” Naeun said while patting Eunji’s shoulder.

“…I just don’t want Suho to be the one who spends money in that house…I know he can give everything what me and our child want!… but I also want to help him… I do have dreams for our son too… Do you all understand me?” Eunji said and she sniffs.

“…We---do?” Naeun and Jinri awkwardly nods.

“I thought you can control Suho oppa…” Krystal said.

Eunji bit her lower lip.

“So… what do you mean about the ‘separating’ earlier?” Jinri asked.

“My ing mouth let those words…but then Suho quickly said ‘Fine’. So stupid. Tsk!” She said.

“…What?....So---in other words… you and him aren’t really separating? Right?” Jinri wondered.

“They’re just taking care of their pride really well, Jinri…As in really well…” Krystal said.

Suddenly, a familiar voice surprises them.

“What a surprise, seeing you four again.”

“Kibum-ah.” Naeun greeted him and he naturally sat on the couch beside them.

“You look---?” Krystal narrowed her eyes.

“Fabulous? Handsome? Fantastic? Amazing?” Kibum said.

“You really love yourself…So confident…” She said.

“So what’s with the aura of these married women?” He asked while looking at the four of them.

“I’m not of them.” Krystal said and she took her cup of coffee.

“You’re getting married soon. Don’t worry.” Kibum said and he pats her shoulder.

“…Nothing. Just---common marriage problem.” Eunji said.

“Well, my advice would be….”

“What?”

“Swallow your pride occasionally….I’m telling you it’s non-fattening.” He said.

 

>< 

 

They left the coffee shop while Kibum stayed there to wait for his friends. The four of them walked on the side of the road while still talking about Eunji and Suho’s situation.

“Unnie… you both need to talk… I’m sure Suho oppa wants to talk to you badly…--- Someone has to take a step forward…” Naeun said.

“I know, I know. But---You know? There’s--” Eunji sighs and stops. She held Naeun and Jinri’s wrist and faces them.

“Listen to me. Both of you.” She said.

“Ok…?” Jinri and Naeun wondered.

“Being married is nice…You have a husband, a family, someone who will be there by your side…. But it’s not like in the fairy tale where you read and imagine the prince marries the princess and at the end it will say ‘----and they live happily ever after’…No.. definitely not… Wedding is only the start of the new ‘Once a upon a time…’This is the reality Naeun, Jinri… those vows we said to our husbands… and the vows our husbands said to us… actually… most of it… we don’t really follow…Why? Because we can really never change in an instant…” She said.

Jinri looks down and gulps.

“But… I believe in Taemin oppa…” Naeun suddenly said.

“Yeah right…” Eunji said and she wipes her face.

“And you Jinri?” Krystal asked.

“Huh?”

“Don’t you believe Choi Minho?”

“….I do. I do of course.” She said.

“I’m sorry… why am I comparing myself to the two of you? You’re still not like me yet… I’m a mother.” Eunji sighs.

Mother… Jinri thought.

Am I going to be a mother too?

“…Don’t get me wrong… I love Suho… I really love him to the extent…. I just don’t like what he wants…” Eunji said.

“What are you going to do now?” Naeun asked.

“I don’t know. I will live it up to the Gods…”

 

>< 

 

Some high-end bar in Gangnam district, Taemin and Jongin decided to meet there to release some stress. Both of them ordered some beer until Taemin found Suho sitting alone drinking a glass of brandy.

“What’s up?” Taemin pats Suho’s shoulder.

“Why are you two here? Where’s Kwonho?”

“He’s still working.”

“Suho hyung. What’s up?” Jongin suddenly joins them and he gave Taemin a can of beer. Both of them sat beside Suho.

“How’s your life?” Suho asked Jongin.

“Absolutely awesome!” He said and drinks his beer.

“That’s nice to hear. What about you, Taemin-ah? How’s your life been going lately?”

“Beyond Beautiful.”

“I shouldn’t have asked… I knew how beautiful your life is…” Suho frowns.

“But I think your life is way more colourful than us… You already have your own family…While me and Naeun are still planning to have one.”

“That’s right. Krystal and I aren’t married yet…”

Suho slightly smile and sighs.

“Actually… Eunji and I are not in good terms for almost three weeks…” He said.

“What happened?” Taemin asked.

“I didn’t support her decision… I don’t want her to go back to work… I just want her to take care of my son and stay home…”

Taemin blinks.

Suho slightly laughed but suddenly his face became serious.

“That’s what I want…” Suho said.

“Hyung…” Jongin pats his shoulder.

“What?” Suho faces him.

“You can shut ? I mean… we’re talking about Eunji, right?” Jongin said and he gulps.

Suho laughed a little and wipes his face in despair.

“Seriously….I can’t shut …We all know that…”

“Huh?”

“No one can shut … I just talked back…”

“Oh.. I thought the tables have turned.” Jongin scratches his head.

“So….how are you and Eunji now? I mean… are you still sleeping on the same room together?” Taemin asked.

“Yeah… We still do that…but…we’re not talking to each other. We’re just treating each other like… we don’t see each other… Like that… I don’t know what to do actually… I want to talk to her… to make the first move… but… I feel like---- How should I say this?…” Suho sighs.

“If you’re gonna talk….What will you say to her? Are you going to let her work?”

“…I don’t know… I know she has her own dreams… but… she already have a family…----I don’t really know what to do… I love Eunji… I love her… but--- I don’t know… once you become a father, everything changes…instantly…”

“If you want to solve it quickly… then you need to talk…Open your mouth and let those words… Even though that this is the first time you’re using your pride, I advise you to take it down for now…Silent treatment is not good  for relationship…. Especially when you’re both doing it…”

 

 

>< 

 

 

Jinri just came back to their house. She slowly removed her shoes and placed it on the rack. She was welcomed by her loving husband, who is happily greeting her with his sweet smile.

“How’s your day?” He asked while smiling at her.

“....Fine.” She said and she looks down.

“Ahhh....”

Minho was waiting for her to speak about anything but Jinri is keeping shut even her eyes aren’t even dare to meet him.

As Jinri was about to go to their room, Minho suddenly speaks.

“----I went to an international kindergarten school today. I was invited by the principal….” He said while facing the back of Jinri.

“…really?” She responded without looking back at him.

“---yeah.”

“That’s good.”

“The kids were very lovely and cute----I played with them for hours and they all like me.” Minho cheerfully said.

“Is that so?----”

“I wish our future kids will become like them.”

Jinri felt that her world suddenly stops after hearing what Minho said.

“I wish if it’s a girl… it will look just like you…” He said.

Jinri didn’t respond to him so Minho decided to walk closer to her.

“---Jinri? Is there something—”

As Minho was about to touch her, Jinri opens the of their room.

“I’m sorry… I’m really tired today… Excuse me.” She said.

 

Jinri… I missed you…

 

 

>< 

 

 

Eunji woke up without Suho and their son in their house. She wandered around and found a small note on the refrigerator.

 

I’m going to the grocery with Joonmyeon.

 

Eunji frowns and wipes her face.

“Tsk!...Why today, of all days? I really want to live normally as soon as possible!” She said.

She bit her lip and thought of something, then she quickly left the kitchen and went to the bedroom.

 

Eunji found herself standing in the middle of the supermarket thinking about her plans for today. She’s thinking if it is really good for her to apologize first and make up with him. She’s thinking twice since she has a big pride inside.

Suddenly, a guy behind her calls her name.

“Eunji-ah?”

She turned her head and found Kibum carrying a grocery bag.

“Oh…Annyeong.” She greeted him.

“Why are you alone?”

“The girls are busy with their work and love life.”

“I mean… why aren’t you with Suho-sshi?”

“Ahhh…..that’s because….Suho and I are not in good terms…that’s why..I’m alone.” She awkwardly said.

“I told you to lower your pride, right? Aigoo…” Kibum rolled his eyes.

“That’s what I’m doing today.”

“Huh?”

“Suho and our child are here in the market. They don’t know that I’m here… I want to make peace…and  fix everything.” She said.

“That’s good. That’s the right thing to do. But how are you going to find them? This supermarket is big.”

“That’s why you’re going to help me. Aratjji?”

“Heol.” Kibum frowns.

“There’s a sign why we met today… and that is for you to help me find my husband and my child.”

“But my feet are aching! I’ve been walking around the supermarket since this morning!”

“Oh please don’t complain like a lady!”

“What!?”

Eunji suddenly held his wrist.

“Kibummie…Let’s go.” She said and she drags him.

 

>< 

 

On the meat section of the supermarket, Suho who’s wearing a baby carrier, while pushing a shopping cart, can’t decide what kind of meat he will pick.

Suddenly, Joonmyeon cries.

“Aigoo… Joonmyeon…what do you like huh?” Suho said, while shaking his baby lightly but Joonmyeon can’t stop crying.

“Are you hungry? Do you want milk? You wait, ok? Appa will get it.”

Not long after Suho get the baby bottle in his bag, somebody greeted him behind his back.

“Suho-sshi.”

Suho turned around and found a pretty girl, wearing a simple peach coloured dress smiling at him.

“….you’re the friend of my wife, right? Your name is----Park Chorong?” He said and he smiled at her.

“De. I attended your wedding together with Bomi.” Chorong said.

“Kamsahamnida.”

“Why are you shopping alone? Where’s Eunji?”

“She’s….”

“He’s crying.”

“Huh?”

“Your son.---He’s crying.”

“Oh yeah---Yeah, I forgot.” Suho said and he gave his attention to Joonmyeon.

“Maybe he’s hungry or he pooped.” Chorong said.

Suho quickly sniffs Joonmyeon’s diaper.

“Oh my God. I think he did….Jinjja… I forgot to bring the baby bag. It’s in the car.” He said.

“Ah…If you want, let me help you. I can take care of him here so you can go to the parking lot.”

Suho nods and he gave his son to Chorong.

“Kamsahamnida.” He said to her and he ran.

 

>< 

 

At the supermarket, Eunji and Kibum are still trying to find Suho. After forty minutes of searching the two of them stopped and sighed.

“Where are they?” She said.

Kibum wets his lips and blinks his eyes when he saw someone not really far from them.

“Is that, Suho-sshi?” He blinks.

“Huh?”

“There they are!” Kibum pointed his finger to the direction.

“Where?”

Eunji turned his head and found Suho, his son and her friend Chorong. Her son was carried by her friend while her husband is feeding their son a bottle of milk and the two of them looked so happy while looking at Joonmyeon.

“He’s with a pretty lady…not bad.” Kibum said.

“She’s my friend.”

When Eunji felt that Chorong was about to turn her head to their direction she quickly grab Kibum’s hand and hide behind the snack stall.

“Let’s hide!” She said.

She sighs.

“It was close! I thought we’re going to be seen.” She said.

“Can I ask you something?”

“What?”

“Why are we hiding?” Kibum blinks.

“…I don’t know?”

“Are you afraid to find out something between the pretty lady and your husband?”

“----Do you want me to pull your tongue? I’m not that idiot to have that kind of thought.”

“Really? Alright..”

While hiding behind the snack stall, Eunji bit her lower lip and decided to look at them. She bend her head lightly and look at them.

Then she suddenly heard the conversation of the old ladies lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter