Uneasiness

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exactly eleven pm in the evening, Express 269 reached Busan station after a three-hour ride. Suho and his group quickly left the train and sat on the bench, to wait for Suho’s driver who will take them to the villa.

While they were waiting, Woohyun suddenly noticed Myungsoo. He kept on looking at his watch, biting his lips, and staring into space.

Woohyun sighed and went beside Myungsoo.

“Are you ok?” He said. Myungsoo quickly look at him and smiled.

“No I’m…I’m just worried about her. We can’t contact her. We don’t know where she is.”

“..yeah…but they said that they will contact Taemin, right?”

Myungsoo just nodded to Woohyun and sighed. Then Eunji suddenly called everyone’s attention.

“Ahh…guys, listen.” She said.

“What is it?” Jongin said.

“Taemin just messaged me an hour ago that Naeun and him are on their way now to Busan. Using his….car.” she said.

Everyone’s eyes widened. Jinki and Namjoo bit their lower lip and showed worried faces to each other. Ms. Kwon and Krystal smiled but somehow they felt nervous as they were worried about Taemin’s actions towards Naeun.

“Really?” Kibum said.

Eunji nodded at him.

“See Myungsoo… there’s nothing to worry about. Naeun is safe.” Woohyun said.

“..yeah…” He nodded and smiled slightly. Although he wants Naeun not to ignore Taemin, part of him wants her to ignore him on their trip.

Tsk..tsk… I know you don’t like it… Kibum thinks while looking at Myungsoo.

“That’s a long drive.” Ms. Kwon said.

“True.” Jinki said.

“So we’ll be seeing them tomorrow morning, right?” Namjoo said.

“Yeah, they will arrive here tomorrow.” Eunji said.

“The driver is here…let’s all go now to the villa and rest.”

Myungsoo paused and sighed.

…I shouldn’t have come…

 

 

>< 

 

A traffic jam happened at the outskirts of Seoul while Taemin was approaching Gyeongbu Expressway. Both of him and Naeun were still not saying a word to each other after they left the gas station. Naeun was just looking outside the window; she didn’t even dare to turn her head just to look at him.

After a few minutes, the traffic has gotten light. He reached the Seoul Tollgate immediately and stopped his car beside the tollbooth to pay for the fee.

“Good evening sir.” The lady at the tollbooth said and she smiled at him.

When Taemin was about to grab his wallet, Naeun suddenly stretches her hand and hand him the money.

“Let me pay for it.” She said.

“No—” Taemin shakes his head while smiling awkwardly to her.

“No, it’s ok. Here.” Naeun put the money in his palm and Taemin slowly gave it to the lady.

“Kamsahamnida.” The lady bowed to them and opens the gate.

After entering Gyeongbu Expressway, Naeun became so quiet; she was looking outside the window again, with her arms crossed. Taemin was giving her a glance from time to time while driving, he wanted to talk to her but he felt that she doesn’t want to.

Taemin bit his lips and shakes his head slightly.

He gulped and fakes a cough.

“Ehm… ehem..”

Naeun quickly turned her head and look at him.

He felt her looking at him even though he was looking on the road.

“If you’re sleepy you can use the pillow on the backseat.” He said while looking on the road.

Naeun turned back and sighs

“..thanks. But I’m not yet sleepy..” She said.

While looking outside the window, Naeun was in deep thought. She took a quick glance to the shirt she’s wearing and sighs.

…wearing this shirt makes me so uncomfortable… somehow… I can feel his body wrapped around me…No, don’t think like that Son Naeun… stop imagining things… you should sleep… but how?.... I can’t sleep…. Naeun bit her lip and sighs.

...this is really awkward…. I don’t know what to say to her…Taemin presses his lips and glances at her.

…I don’t know what to say to him… God…I want to sleep….Naeun sighs.

Suddenly, Taemin took his courage to start another conversation again. He knocks his chest and gulps.

“Ummm…” He said.

“hm?” Naeun turned her head.

“Umm--where did you go?..... Why didn’t you go together with them?” He said nervously.

Naeun took a short pause before she decided to respond to him but she decided not to look at him.

“Hayoung suddenly called me. It’s important that’s why I went back…” She said.

“Ahh… actually, I have received a lot of calls and texts from them.”

“Them?”

“Suho hyung, Krystal and Ms. Kwon. They called my phone but I missed answering it ‘cause I was really busy with something… when I opened my inbox, the whole group messaged me the same thing...” He said.

Naeun slowly turned her head to look at him. Taemin felt it so he quickly turned and smiled at her.

“To wait for you in the train station…” He said and quickly focused his eyes on the road.

Naeun looks down after he smiled at her. She gulped and sighs.

Taemin continued to speak.

“I went there at exactly nine pm to take the last train, like what I really planned. But because of what they told me about you… I didn’t buy a ticket first and just sat on the bench to wait for you… I waited even though I’m thinking that there’s a big chance that we wouldn’t see each other… like… maybe you’re already riding the train…or you thought of riding a bus… or maybe you decided to go home and wait for tomorrow… I waited while thinking that… but then to my surprise I suddenly found you…” He said.

Taemin looked at her again and smiled.

“I’m glad I did…” he said and quickly looks on the road again.

“…me too…” Naeun suddenly said while looking outside.

“hm?” Taemin quickly turned his head, with wide eyes on his face.

Naeun quickly look at him but she immediately looks in front and wets her lips.

“I’m—I’m glad I found you…I mean… I don’t really want to wait for tomorrow…”She said and smiles.

“…yeah.” Taemin slightly nods.

“Did you….already tell them that I’m with you? … I mean they can’t contact me…my phone is really dead…” She said.

“Yeah I did… three hours ago…if you want to contact them, you can use my phone.”

“No, no, no, It’s ok. I’m sure they’re now sleeping.”

“Ok.”

“Ammmm….. can we go to the rest stop?”

“Rest stop? Yeah. We’ll get there in a minute.”

“Thanks. I didn’t get to use the toilet on the gas station…it’s out of order that’s why..”

“….You should have said that earlier…. Don’t you know that it’s bad when you’re holding it in for so long?” Taemin frowns.

“I’m sorry.”

Taemin moved the gearshift forward and stepped on the gas pedal to drive his car faster. Naeun was surprise to see him drove his car like this and was also surprise as she didn’t expect him to react this way.

Taemin immediately turned his car as soon as he spotted the rest stop and quickly unlock Naeun’s door.

“Go now. I’ll park near the convenience store.” He said.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” Naeun quickly open the door and left Taemin.

She ran as fast as she could until she reached the restroom beside the fast food restaurant. She immediately occupied the empty cubicle and peed. 

After that, she checks her face in the mirror and smiles. Then suddenly three women entered and stand beside her. They were giggling while taking out their make up in their pouch.

“Don’t tell me, you’re giggling because of the guy outside?” The lady with curly long hair said, while retouching her lips.

“The one who’s standing beside the white Ford F-150?” The other lady said.

“Yup.”

Naeun paused as she believes that the three ladies were talking about Taemin. She then pressed the bottle of liquid soap and washes her hands.

“He’s really good looking…” The lady with curly long hair said.

“…I think already saw him in Seoul..” the petite lady said while applying powder on her face.

“Where?”

“In the club. I think he’s a DJ I’m not sure.”

“Let’s get his number.”

Naeun’s eye’s widened and she gulped.

“You can? I want to get his number.”

“Sure.”

“Come on let’s go.”

The three women left immediately left, leaving Naeun alone in the rest room.

Is he going to give it to them? She sighes.

…No…. why do you care? It’s none of your business anymore… Naeun shakes her head and quickly dries her hand in the hand dryer.

 

>< 

 

 

Taemin was patiently waiting for Naeun outside his car. He was leaning his back beside the door of the passenger seat, while his hands were placed inside the front pocket of his shirt. Suddenly, three women appeared in front of him.

“Excuse me.” The lady with curly long hair said.

“Yes?” 

“Are you alone?”

“I’m with someone.” 

“Where are you going?”

“…….Busan.” Taemin blinks.

“We’re also going there.”

“Ahh…” He nodded slightly.

“Anyway, my friend said that she saw you in Seoul as a club DJ.”

“Yeah… I’m a DJ. But I’m on a break.”

“Really? Otokke…” The three women giggled.

Taemin blinks and bit his lower lip.

“…Amm… I know this is embarrassing… but.. can I get your number?” the lady said.

“Number?”

“Yeah.”

“….I’m sorry… I can’t…” Taemin shakes his head with a slight smile on his face.

“Taemin.” Naeun suddenly appeared. She was standing behind the three women with her hands are both placed inside the front pocket of the shirt.

“Oh, are you done?” Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter