Priority

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun told to her father that Taemin is working as nightclub DJ. His father’s facial expression when he heard it wasn’t that good. Of course, he raised her daughter in a quiet and conservative household. Nightclubs are not even on the list he wished her daughter to go.

“You’re a club DJ?......A nightclub DJ?” Naeun’s father said.

“Yy—yes, sir.” Taemin said nervously while looking straight in his eyes.

After looking at Taemin, he turned his head and looks at his daughter then sighs.

Naeun’s mother noticed her husband’s expression. She then look at Taemin and smiled at him before talking to her husband again.

“Yeobo?..... Isn’t he so cool?” the mother said.

“What?” her husband blinks.

“He’s a student and a DJ at the same time. Sae-eun even said that he saw him in the newspaper, so that means he’s popular, right?” She explained.

“Yeah he is, omma. I saw the article.” Sae-eun said and she tilted her head to look at Taemin.

“You represent Korea as a DJ in Japan, right? ” She said.

“Yeah.” He nodded.

“See? He represented Korea as a DJ…. A DJ, if I’m not mistaken, his job is to mix songs right? He’s studying composition in Hanyang…… so that means…He’s just doing what he learned from school… Right, yeobo?” the mother said.

Naeun’s father sighed again and looks at Taemin. He took off his eyes glass, wiped it and brought it back to his eyes. He noticed Taemin’s body language. He’s massaging slightly his right hand with his left hand while it was placed on the table.

He closed his eyes and wets his lips, then suddenly Naeun grabbed Taemin’s left hand and she interlocked it against her. Naeun’s father was surprise to her daughter acting like that so he began to question Taemin.

“..Are you working every night?” He said and Taemin looks straight at him.

“No, sir. Just.. Just three times a week.” Taemin said.

“Did my daughter always visit you there?”

“Not always, sir…. Only… once in a blue moon.”

“Appa.” Naeun said but her father still continues to ask Taemin.

“What’s the name of the club? Where is it?” Her father said.

“Now, I’m in Tonic Lounge in Gangnam but my contract will soon end in two weeks.”

“Ohh…” Her mother said while nodding. Her husband asked Taemin again.

“Do you smoke?”

“No, sir.” Taemin shook his head.

“Do you drink?

“Yes, sir. But not too much.”

“Do you have a tattoo?”

“No, sir. I don’t have.”

“Are you taking care of your body well? Do you have any health problems? Asthma or—”

“I have poor eyesight…. But I’m…I’m perfectly healthy.”

“….Good.”

“Yeobo…” His wife suddenly interfere.

“What? I’m just asking him normal questions. He’s the boyfriend of my first born.” Her husband said.

“You’re scaring him with your questions,” she said.

“I’m calm. I just want to know if my daughter really picked a good guy.”

“Ok.” His wife nods.

“What about your parents? Where are they?” Naeun’s father asked him again.

“They’re living here in Seoul, sir, with my older brother.”

“How many siblings do you have? How old is your brother?”

“I only have one sibling, sir. My brother is twenty-seven years old.”

“Ohh… just like our family. Your parents? What are they doing?”

“We have family business, sir. Export business.. My brother is also running it.”

“What’s your religion?”

“Catholic, sir.”

Naeun’s father grabbed one glass of water and he drank it straight. He inhales and closed his eyes and then he looks at Taemin.

“….Ok. I hope you understand why I’m asking you this.” He said.

“Yes, sir. It’s no problem. I really understand.”

“Honestly, the moment I heard that you’re working as a nightclub DJ,… it made me think that I shouldn’t give my daughter to you…..”

Taemin looks down, pressed his lips and nods.

The father spoke again.

“Forgive me for thinking that….My daughter is really precious to me.…. But after seeing how you look at me while I’m talking to you; asking you questions…. There was something in your eyes that made me feel how serious you are to her…” He said.

Taemin gulped and nodded. Naeun’s father smiled and he talks again.

“And I’m glad because of that………I know that you’re a good person, because knowing my daughter…. it’s hard for her to accept people in her life…”

“So, appa is now giving them his blessing?” Sae-eun smirks.

“I already gave them my blessing… from the moment I saw how Naeun held his hand when she introduce him to us… ‘cause it made me think that I’m not the special guy in her heart anymore…” Naeun’s father said.

Naeun looks down and smiled. Taemin looks at him with thankful eyes.

“Thank you, dad.” Naeun said.

“Thank you, sir.” Taemin smiles.

“Aww…..Naeun-ah, you really caught one of the best fishes in the ocean, I’m so proud of you.” Her mother said.

“I’m… I’m the one who is lucky to have her, eomonim.” Taemin said.

“Komapta, Taemin-sshi… I know you love my daughter so much… I just want to say please take care of her. I know that sometimes she doesn’t speak what’s on her mind… I know it’s frustrating but time will come and she will—” Naeun’s mother was interrupted by her husband it’s because she looks like she was about to cry while talking with Taemin.

“Yeobo.” Her husband said.

“Hmm?”

“Omma.. why are you being emotional? The way you speak to him is like… unnie is getting married.. you’re more emotional than Eunji unnie’s mom.” Sae-eun said.

“It’s because I’m so, so happy for my daughter… Your sister is a very shy person, she doesn’t interact with guys, she’s old-fashioned sometimes, she’s expressionless… so I thought maybe she will become an old maid. That her beauty will be a waste. And now.. look what she brought for us? A handsome boyfriend.” She said.

“Omma.. please. Can we eat now?” Sae-eun said.

“Of course.”

The family started to touch their food and so is Taemin.

“Sorry about my mom. She’s just…” Naeun said without looking at Taemin.

“It’s ok. I’m glad that.. she likes me… and your father.” He said.

After eating their dinner, the program started again, and the friends and parents of newlyweds gave touching speeches to the couple. They gave a lot of toast and cheers for them.

While looking from the back, Taemin’s arms were wrapped around Naeun’s waist while watching the program. Sae-eun suddenly faces Naeun and said her goodbye. Naeun quickly went to her mom.

“Are you leaving already?” Naeun asked.

“De… Sae-eun needs to practice early in the morning since she’ll be participating in East Asia Olympics and your dad will take her to the airport.” Her mom said.

“Good luck Sae-eun-ah! Fighting!” Naeun said.

“Thank you.”

“Good luck.” Taemin said to Sae-eun.

“Kamsahamnida.” Sae-eun bowed.

When they were about to leave, Naeun’s mom suddenly noticed that her husband is still not moving.

“Yeobo?” She asked.

“Yeobo…. you can go to the parking lot, I will be there in a minute.” He said.

“Ok.” She nodded.

Naeun’s father suddenly held Taemin’s back and he look at Naeun.

“Naeun. Can I borrow him for a while?” He said.

“Of course.” Naeun smiled. Taemin turned to look at Naeun.

“Oppa, I’ll be with Krystal and Jinri.” Naeun said.

“Ok.”

 

 

>< 

 

While the next program isn’t starting yet, some of their friends were filled their stomachs with fine desserts and some were talking with the other guest. While, Naeun is just sitting alone with Kwonho’s girlfriend.

Taemin immediately came back to their table and pulled a sit next to her. Naeun felt his aura and quickly turn her head to look at him. Taemin naturally placed his arm around her shoulder.

“Did he already left?” she asked.

“Yeah.”

“What did he say to you?”

“He said that, I should take care of you since you will be living alone without Eunji. He said that I shouldn’t break your heart. He even said that he trust me. And lastly……. He asked for my number, so that when something happens he can call me.” Taemin said and he smiled widely after saying his sentence.

“Really?” Naeun’s eyes widened since for her it’s unbelievable.

“Eung. Your whole family likes me.”

“I’m glad.”

Suddenly, Jongin came and pulled a seat next to Taemin.

“How was the meeting with your in-laws?” He asked.

“Maybe all of you prayed for me..” Taemin said.

“They like you? Whoa.. what about her father?”

“He likes me too. In fact he even asked for my number.”

“Whoa... so when’s your wedding?” Jongin smirks.

“Very funny.”

“Where is Krystal?”

“She went to take care of her older sister. Jessica is surrounded by Suho’s college friend and high school friend. Kris and Jonghyun.” He said.

“Who do you think gonna won?” Taemin suddenly asked.

“I bet for Kris.” Jongin said.

“I bet for Jonghyun.”

“Oppa… what are you doing?” Naeun quickly hits Taemin’s thigh.

“We’re just having fun.”

Jongin and Taemin laughed and Naeun shook her head and she laughed after.

The MCs of the night, Bomi and Kyuhyun came back in front for the next program. They their mic and started to speak

“Are you still having fun?!” Bomi said.

“YEEESS!” The crowd says.

“Whoa… well, who wouldn’t be? This wedding is superb. We’re staying in the most beautiful hotel in Seoul and I wish my wedding will be like this.” Kyuhyun said.

“What you’re not married yet? You’re old enough, Kyuhyun-sshi.” Bomi chuckled.

“It’s because I haven’t found the right one yet. Why don’t you apply?”

“But I haven’t updated my resume.”

“Then don’t apply, what about the soft-spoken Park Chorong? Is she single?” Kyuhyun suddenly said. Chorong laughed and shakes her head.

“She’s not single. She’s seeing a Chinese guy.” Bomi said. Chorong shakes her head again and sighs.

“So you are my only chance? Wait.. Ladies who are still single please raise your hand.” Kyuhyun said and unbelievably lots of hand were raised.

“Oh my God!” Kyuhyun said.

Bomi chuckled.

“See? They are raising their hands for me. If you don’t mind. Please send me your resumes. I really need a wife. A wife who can afford to marry me here in Shilla Hotel.” Kyuhyun.

The crowd laughed and clapped their hands for them.

“Anyway….. enough with your gag show, let’s proceed to the next program…..I think this is what every couple wants.” Bomi said.

“What?”

“To use the dance floor, of course.”

“Yes. We have two charming guys here, Chen and D.O. who went to sing with me during the wedding ceremony. They are going to sing ‘The Last Time.’ It was sung originally by Eric Benet. It’s a very sweet song….So guys out there.. ask your significant other to dance with you tonight and of course…with the newlywed couple.”

“Yes, so here’s the newlywed to dance ‘The Last Time’ by Chen and D.O.”

 

Credits to the owner

 

When the music starts, Minho gave a glance to Jinri who was watching Eunji and Suho in front, dancing. He wets his lips and pouted and he glanced again.

Suddenly he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter