New Year's Eve

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwonho prepared Kimchi soup, dumplings, and fried eggs as breakfast since it’s New Year’s Eve. Jongin sits in a criss-crossed style and waits for the food prepared by Kwonho.

“Where’s Taemin? Is he still sleeping?” Kwonho placed the bowls and dishes in the table and sat.

“I don’t know. I think he went home late last night.” Jongin sips some soup. Kwonho stands and knocks Taemin’s door.

“Taemin-ah! Wake up! I prepared our breakfast.”

Taemin opens the door and sat at the side.

“You don’t look like you just woke up.” Kwonho said.

“Is it bad for staying in my bed for some time?”

“Who were you with last night?” Jongin asks.

“Son Naeun.”

“Such a Pinocchio!” Kwonho quickly turned his head to Taemin.

“I’m telling you the truth! I was with Son Naeun. We even went to Myeongdong and… Cheonggyecheon.” Taemin’s tone suddenly lowered due to shyness.

“Chicharu?” Kwonho asks.

“Chincha?” Jongin followed. Both Kwonho and Jongin look at each other and smirked then they ate a spoon of rice.

“You two don’t give me that look, I didn’t do anything……………” Taemin explains.

“yet.” Taemin smirks and sips some soup.

“Whoa! You’re planning on something!?” Jongin smiled widely.

“Let me remind you, I’m a gentleman not a ert.” Taemin points to Jongin his spoon.

“He’s really in love! My butterflies in my stomach are like playing dodge ball!” Kwonho teased.

“I even gave her my number, but I don’t think she’ll call me.” Taemin continues.

“So you’re staying up in your bed the whole time waiting for her call?” Kwonho asks.

“With her personality, I don’t think she’ll call you.” Jongin said.

“That’s right.” Taemin said.

“Let’s eat my masterpiece first. Jongin-ah, buy some firecrackers later for the New Year.” Kwonho grabs his Kimchi stew.

“Why me?”

“Because I said so!”

“You speak like Krystal.”

>< 

 

Eunji slowly places in the table the beef stew that she made for New Year. She always cook best during holidays. Naeun cooks too but not that good enough. She is still practicing with the help of Eunji. Eunji narrowed her eyes and sat across Naeun who is happily drinking her coffee.

“So…tell me, what happened last night? Why are you with Lee Taemin in Cheoggyecheon?”

“Before I tell you that, something bad happened last night.” Naeun gulped.

“What is it? Don’t tell me he tried to do something bad to you! That Lee Taemin!” Eunji curled her hands.

“No! Unnie, he’s not, in fact he even helped me.”

“Ok, so what happened?” Eunji wets his lips.

“Someone followed me in the fire exit. I don’t know his motive; I feel someone is following me while I’m climbing up the stairs. I used the stairs because the culprit taped an out-of-order sign so that I could use the stairs.”

“I can’t believe I’m hearing this… Someone followed you? Then what happened?” Eunji’s face looks so worried while looking at Naeun. Since she treats Naeun as her baby sister, she can’t help but to be worried.

“I didn’t see anyone though; when I reached the floor I found Taemin oppa standing in front of the apartment and helped me to find the culprit but he didn’t see it too.”

Eunji’s dark-cloud face change when she heard Taemin’s name.

So Taemin’s there. Thank God.

“Now you’re calling him Taemin oppa… What is he even doing in front of my apartment?” Eunji took a sip from her coffee and seriously looking at Naeun. She is anticipating something from her.

“He returned something. My neck scarf.” Naeun says.

“And why is it with him?” Eunji’s eyes brightened and she smirks at the end.

“I… lend it to him on the night we bought the cake ..because he is feeling cold.. at that time.” Naeun shyly says without looking at Eunji.

“Did you let him enter my house?”

“Yeah..I offered him coffee…. but we went outside to get some fresh air, we went to Myeongdong to eat egg bread.”

“Oh… and then?” Eunji is smiling unknowingly while listening to Naeun’s story.

“Then to Cheonggyecheon.. we stayed there for a while.” Naeun keeps nodding while telling it to her.

“Oh…” Eunji smiled widely so is her eyes.

“Please, don’t smile like that…”

“Wae? Is my smile bothers you?”

“Unnie..”

“Even though, we didn’t see each other for ten years, I know that Taemin is still a good guy. He’s an honest person, straightforward, kinda clumsy, but very loyal when it comes to friends.”

“Hmm.” Naeun nods and drinks her coffee. Eunji knows that Naeun is really shy when it comes to boys. Eunji inhales and starts to sing, even doing hand gestures in front of Naeun.

“My heart, says we’ve got something real, can I trust the way I feel ‘cause my heart’s been fooled before…”

“Why are you suddenly singing?”

“I’m giving you background music. Am I just seeing what I want to see? Or..Is it true could you really be?”

“Stop it unnie..” Naeun buried her face in her palms.

“Someone to have and hold with all my heart and soul, I need to know before I fall in love.. Someone who’ll stay around through all my ups and downs please tell me now.. before I fall in love…”

Naeun starts to cover her ears with her hands.

“Wae? Is my singing is bad? I’m just expressing what you really feel through this song. It is really perfect.”

“You’re just teasing me.”

“Anyway, I’m going to scold the security, they’re going to receive my big mouth.” Eunji stands and left Naeun.

Naeun grabs her phone and opens it. She scrolls down and sees Taemin’s saved number in her phone.

Should I text him?

>< 

 

Since it’s New Year’s Eve, Taemin, Kwonho and Jongin will be staying in the house for the whole day. They are watching replayed soccer games in the TV while eating popcorn. Kwonho is lying comfortably in the couch, Jongin is lying in the floor in a prone position while Taemin is lying his body patiently in the single-seater couch.

“Shooooot!” Jongin shouts while looking intensely in the television.

“Don’t shout! You already watched it! It’s a replay.” Kwonho hits Jongin some popcorns in his head.

“It’s still nerve-wracking!” Jongin starts to flap his feet.

Taemin is really not focusing on watching. His face is straight. Every few minutes he will take a peek from his phone wondering if Naeun will have courage to text or call him. A sign, if she’s also interested to him or not. Kwonho sees Taemin’s doing.

“You’re so pitiful.” Kwonho took popcorn.

“Ya! Do you want to-” Taemin’s gonna say something to Kwonho but is interrupted by a message tone.

 

Annyeong! This is Naeun. Did you sleep well?

 

“It’s her! It’s her! She texted me!” Taemin shouts and rises from his sit. He jumps up and down because of the happiness that he received in the start of New Year.

“Whooaaa! Call her! Call her!” Kwonho drops his popcorn and went to Taemin. Jongin rises and starts to anticipate Taemin’s love life.

“Turn in off! Turn it off!” Taemin shouts to Jongin. Jongin quickly turned off the TV.

“Ehm… It’s ringing! It’s ringing!” Taemin said in full excitement. Kwonho and Jongin jumps while flapping their hands in the air.

“I can’t believe we’re so excited to Taemin’s love li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter