Secrets Revealed

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Annyeong-Haseyo, Do you still have Christmas cake?” Taemin asked the old woman while looking at the available cakes in the display cabinet. Naeun is just there standing behind him looking.

“We do, handsome. Please choose below.” The old woman smiled at him.

“I’ll choose the one on the left eommonim.” Taemin turns his head to Naeun who’s standing behind him waiting. Naeun came back to her senses.

“You can sit down.” Taemin mouthed the words to Naeun then he smiles. Naeun immediately sits.

“That will be 35,000 won.” Taemin grabs his wallet in the back of his pants and opens it.

“Here.”

“Waahhh…” The old woman surprised to see what’s inside his wallet.

“Wae?” Taemin wondered.

“Is that the middle school picture of your girlfriend?” The old woman asked him in a whispered way.

! I forgot about this. Taemin pressed his lips.

“Ah Kyeo! How nice to keep her middle school picture in your wallet. You love her so much!” The old woman clapped her hands happily.

“Eommonim, I think you’re mista-”

“How nice that you two are celebrating Christmas together. A lot of couples went here to order some cake too.”

God, she’ll hear everything… Taemin buried his eyes with his left hand. Naeun rises up in her seat.

“Is the cake-”

“You two look good together. Your boyfriend is so sweet.” The old woman cheerfully said to Naeun.

I’m doomed. Taemin bit his lower lip without looking at Naeun and then….

“Really?” Naeun said with a smile on her face.

“Definitely! Couples are getting sweeter during Christmas. I remember the first time my husband brought me a cake…”

What? Did I hear it right? Taemin quickly turned his head to Naeun who is smiling while talking to the old woman.

“Your husband must be very thoughtful.” Naeun said to old woman and still smiling.

“He is! But your boyfriend is more handsome.” The old woman smirks. Naeun shyly nods.

“Thanks for the cake eommonim. Merry Christmas.” Naeun grabbed the box of cake and bowed to the lady. Taemin inserted his wallet in the pocket and quickly bowed to the lady and left the bakery.

“Have a merry Christmas!” The old lady shouts.

Taemin kept glancing on Naeun again. He wanted to ask what happened earlier. He kept touching the side of his left ear while staring at her from the back. Taemin exhales and went at the right side of Naeun.

“Ammmm… she mistaken us.” He said while looking at her.

“She looks so happy seeing us together buying her cake, if I did say to her that she’s mistaken, then she will be sorry and her mood will go down.” Naeun said without looking at him. Taemin nods.

“It’s Christmas, we shouldn’t let her feel sad.” Naeun then turned her head to him and smiles.  

“You’re right. It’s Christmas.” Taemin said while smiling at her.

We have been smiling and looking at each other… She’s just there, only inches away walking with me. The old woman even said that we do look good together… those beautiful words, how can I cherish it if she’s not even mine?  Taemin said it in his mind while staring at her. Naeun is just looking straight.

Taemin sighs and the cold wind embraces him. He then suddenly sneezes and touches his nose as his cold is getting worse.

“Are you cold? The wind is getting worse.” Naeun suddenly stops and faces Taemin.

“No, I’m fine ..” Taemin shakes his head. Naeun suddenly opens her purse and grabs a pink neck scarf.

“Here, use it.” Naeun handed it to Taemin.

“No, I’m fine really.” Taemin refuses and smiled.

“You put this around your neck.” Naeun frowned and she then volunteered to put her scarf around Taemin’s neck. She ped his jacket until the lower part of his collar bone.

“But.. it’s pink.” Taemin gulped as Naeun’s arms are around his neck. It’s like she’s embracing him without touching him.

This heart of mine is beating loudly. Ya! Son Naeun, do you know what you’re doing to me? Taemin inhales heavily without looking at her. 

“Don’t be stubborn. I remember the little boy in my class, he always says its ok but the truth is he’s not. He’s too shy to admit it.” A Naeun smile while she fixes the scarf around Taemin’s neck.  

She’s so close. Taemin gulped and cough in his deep voice. Naeun sees his adam’s apple and suddenly stops in what she’s doing. She blinks her eyes twice and she slowly moving away her head while looking at him. Taemin turns his head to her. They both staring at each other deeply. Then she looked away.

I forgot… he’s not a boy… but a man. Naeun gulps and coughs slightly.

“Ammm zip it up. So the pink scarf can hide it in there.” Naeun suddenly said while looking at him. Taemin zip up his jacket and gulps.

His jaw line is really attractive.. his neck, even his adam’s apple. Naeun thinks and secretly hides her smile.

“Thanks. Let’s go before they kill us.” Taemin jokingly said.

“Yeah.” Naeun nods.

 

>< 

 

The gang in the restaurant were all having fun teasing each other. They were all laughing and giggling. Two tables were combined. Eunji, Namjoo, Hayoung sitting beside each other. Across to them were Krystal, Jongin, and Kwonho. Suho sitting at the north beside Eunji and Krystal, while Jinki sitting at the south beside the two empty seats. Taemin pushes the door and he makes way for Naeun to get inside first. They heard them teasing each other.

“That is so funny!” Jinki said while eating a chicken leg.

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter