Side by Side

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin was left frozen in his seat. His eyes kept blinking and staring into space. He raised his head and stare at the direction where Naeun walks.

She knows my name? Taemin thinks. He wet his lips and bit his lower lip after. Taemin felt that his world is spinning, maybe because of the alcohol or maybe because of what Naeun has said to him. He touches his head and brushes it with his fingers. Kwonho and the gang suddenly showed up.

“Taemin-ah!” Kwonho shouted.

“What? Don’t surprised me like that my head is aching.”

“Drink water.” Jongin quickly gave a glass of water to Taemin. Taemin accepts and gulps heavily.

“We saw everything. It’s like we’re watching two idiotic lovebirds staring at each other!” Kwonho puts his arms around Taemin’s shoulder.

“I was kinda drunk.” Taemin continues to drink water. He keeps on burping.

“What did she say to you? We didn’t hear it.” Jongin faced Taemin with anticipating eyes.

“She said that.. I’m a good dancer.” Taemin said shyly.

“Awww.. she compliments you.” Kwonho said while smiling.

“And she knows my name.” Taemin added.

“Omo? You mean your true name?” Kwonho asks.

“Yeah.” Taemin nods. Taemin who is feeling ok now, is in his deep thoughts. He playfully moves his tongue inside his mouth.

Is the Eunji that I know and the Eunji that she knows is…. the same? Taemin frowns.

I have to find her. Taemin quickly left his seat.

“Hey, where are you going?!” Kwonho shouted.

 

>< 

 

Naeun keep biting her lower lip. She can’t help but to think about what she just did and said.

I just complimented him. There is nothing wrong with that. He deserves it. Plus, he keeps glancing… Naeun walks like she looks lost. Suddenly somebody pats her shoulder.

“Unnie, where did you go?” Hayoung appears. Naeun turned her head to Hayoung.

“I stayed at the bar for a while. Are you going upstairs? Christmas count down is getting near.”

“Ok I’ll call Namjoo unnie and Jinki-sshi.” Hayoung waves her hand to Naeun and she quickly went to the dance floor.

“I’ll go first. See you upstairs.” Naeun walks through the crowd and she slowly went upstairs.

Wait, are they done talking?  Naeun thinks. She slowly comes to the area where she left Eunji and his former boyfriend named Suho. She’s peeking slowly until her eyes widened.

Oops..The DJ.. He’s talking with them. Naeun step back a little

Should go down again? They look like they were having fun. The DJ was standing while laughing and talking to them. They were all laughing. Reminiscing the past. 

Naeun was about to turn when the DJ suddenly speaks.

“Amm.. I think your friend is coming..”

Naeun quickly turned herself to them and gave them a tiny smiled. She pressed her lips and made a glance to the DJ.

He noticed me.

“Oh, Naeun-ah! Come here, I will introduce to you my classmate from middle school.” Eunji cheerfully said.

“Oh..yes.” Naeun shyly answered Eunji, she glance a little to the DJ but she then look to Eunji.

Why am I suddenly feeling awkward? Should I pretend that we didn’t see each other a while ago? No, until he doesn’t say anything, I will not say anything.. that’s it. Naeun thinks.

“Naeun-ah, this is Lee Taemin, the one I’m telling you who likes gogi too?” Eunji stretched her arms to Taemin while looking at Naeun.

“Yeah.. nice to meet you.” Taemin and Naeun bowed to each other shyly.

“Taemin this is Naeun my friend, she did also attend Cheongdam middle school. We’re one year ahead.” Eunji said.

“Oh really, I didn’t know that.” Taemin nods a little.

I’m a big fat liar! Taemin bit his lower lip strongly.

Like I thought, we are going to pretend. Since it’s awkward. Naeun sighed.

“Where’s Jinki and the others? Are they still dancing?” Suho asks Naeun directly.

“They’re going up. I just talked to Hayoung.” Naeun answers.

“I think we need a bigger space. What do you think?” Suho faces Taemin.

“The rooms are already full. It’s Christmas hyung.” Taemin said.

“Then what about my restaurant?” Suho offers.

“We’re going to your restaurant?” Eunji immediately turned her face to Suho.

“Yeah.. You and your friends, Taemin and his buddies, and Jinki Hyung. It’s like a reunion. It’s once in a lifetime.” Suho said. Eunji nods.

“Ok then.” Eunji agrees.

We’re going too? The DJ will come too? Naeun’s eyes suddenly stared at Taemin but she quickly turned away.

Am I a hero in my past life? Did I save a king?  Taemin slightly bowed his head and smiles secretly.

“Naeun-ah sit down, why are you standing? You too Taemin.” Eunji moves to side to give space to Taemin and Naeun. Naeun timidly sits beside Eunji, Taemin slowly follows. He sat beside Naeun, they were like three inches away.

I don’t know what to say. Naeun can’t even look at Taemin She will just turn her head to Eunji and look into something but not to Taemin.

I can’t believe she’s sitting beside me and she’s only inches away. Taemin cough silently. He sat comfortably in the couch. His legs are wide apart. He placed both his elbows in his thighs. He keeps nodding his head and clapping his hand since there's music, but he can’t also look at her as he felt nervous. Suho suddenly speaks to him.

“Taemin, find Kwonho and Jongin. So we can leave this place together.”

“Ok. I’ll see you later.” Taemin stands in his seat. Naeun’s eyes followed his direction.

 Why am I feeling disappointed by the way?

><

 

Taemin quickly went downstairs. He walks through the crowd but he is in deep thoughts.

This is really getting interesting. She pretended like nothing happened. Well, with her personality it’s really possible. So she knows my name because of Eunji?

If this is not fate, then I don’t know what it is. Taemin smirks.

“Taemin!” K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter