Ch. 20

My Son is An Idol

ICEE Members are Gay and Kyle Nam is a Two Timing Loser

Article by Unanimous

Date: August 6th, 2028

On August third, Kyle Nam was reported to be seen with a girl at her apartment. They exchanged words before she let him into her house. He had a basket in his hand, which appeared to be a gift. We could only assume he was visiting a girlfriend.

That night, ICEE member Ho Hongchul was found confessing his feelings for Kyle’s brother, Nam Woosoon, in their hospital room. Nam Woosoon reciprocates the feelings, causing Hongchul’s parents to disown him. Since homouality is looked down upon in South Korea, Ho Hongchul deserves this.

Then, on August fifth, yet another gay couple was found within ICEE. Kyle, who was just caught with his girlfriend, was found asking his fellow member, Kim Dongmoon, on a date. Dongmoon, not knowing he was agreeing to a cheating liar, willingly accepted the date for coffee.

Poor Hongchul and Dongmoon have to deal with the nasty, homoual Nam brothers who will end up betraying the two in the end. Who would’ve thought Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun’s boys would turn out this way. As expected from the kids of a gay couple.
“I DESERVE being disowned because I’m gay?” Hongchul asked in disbelief. “NO ONE deserves being disowned for any reason!”

“Who’s this girl they’re talking about?” Dongmoon asked, walking over to look at the phone.

“That’s Haley Unni!” Misun cried, also looking at the phone and seeing the pictures that were under the article. “That was when Oppa came to visit me! Hyoan appa was with him!”

“That whole article is just disgusting and full of lies,” Kwangsoo said with distaste.

“But it puts Kyle, Dongmoon, Hongchul and even Woosoon in a really bad spot,” Woohyun said, hugging his shaking son to himself.

“Kyle, are you and Dongmoon really dating?” Sunggyu asked.

“W-we agreed to date, y-yes,” Kyle whispered.

“You guys can’t go out on a date, not in public,” Sunggyu stated. “You have to deny that you’re dating. Hongchul, you also have to deny dating Woosoon. This news will literally RUIN ICEE.”

“I’m not denying anything,” Hongchul replied.

“I won’t let them deny it,” Kwangsoo added. “ICEE won’t lie. About anything. Even if that means losing fans.”

“That’s-”

“Wait,” Hongchul said, interrupting everyone. “We never heard the doctor’s answer. Where’s Woosoon? How is he?”

“Well,” the doctor started with a small sigh. “First of all, we messed up during the surgery-”

“WHAT?!” Hongchul, Kyle and Woohyun cried at the same time.

“YOU MESSED UP?!” Woohyun shouted. “ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL MY SON?!”

“No,” the doctor assured him. “We did mess up, but we were able to fix it. We were able to get the new kidney inside of him successfully as well. The problem is, he hasn’t woken up yet. He was supposed to an hour ago-”

“HE-”

“But the nurses are monitoring him and confirmed that he will be waking up in the next hour,” the doctor concluded. “Nam Woosoon is alive and you’ll be able to see him too.”

“Was the surgery successful?” Sunggyu asked him.

“Well, considering he’s still alive, yes in that aspect. But we won’t know how he reacts to the foreign kidney until he’s awake,” the doctor said. “He shouldn’t be sick anymore, but he will be in a lot of pain. Eve more so then Hongchul-sshi was when he got out of surgery. That’s mainly our fault, though, because of the mess up. We’re extremely sorry about that and I take full responsibility for that.”

“Thank you,” Sunggyu said, bowing to the doctor and assuring him that they’re okay and that he can leave.

“That’s such a stupid mistake,” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “One more thing and it could have killed him!”

“Woohyun, everyone makes mistakes. Calm down,” Sunggyu tried to assure his husband.

“A mistake during surgery is uncalled for,” Woohyun whispered, still shaking his head.

“Jang, Kwangsoo, Kangson, we need to go,” Junhae said, popping his head into the room.

“Go? Go where?” Sunggyu asked, looking up at the ICEE manager.

“They have an interview,” the manager replied.

“What about me and Kyle?” Dongmoon asked, frowning.

“The CEO doesn’t want you two to do any schedules until they sort out this scandal,” Junhae said with a sigh.

“Good, cause I’m not going anywhere until I see my brother,” Kyle proclaimed. “I’m staying here no matter what.”

 

...

 

“Why are there so many people here?” Kangson asked, staring at the boys sitting across from them.

“It’s a joint interview, Son Yeol,” Kwangsoo replied, looking at his  maknae.

“Hyung,  don’t want to be at a joint interview!” Kangson whined, pouting. “I want to see Woosoon hyung! We don’t even know if he’s okay, and it’s killing me to wait!”

“I know,” Kwangsoo said sympathetically. “It’s hard on all of us.”

“Woosoon will be okay,” Jang assured their maknae. “He’s strong, remember? This surgery won’t hurt him.”

“Okay,” Kangson said sadly, studying the other group. “Hey, you’re the guy who was the mc at our debut stage!”

“Neh,” the boy said, nodding his head. “I’m Park Jong Oh.”

“Half your group is missing,” one of Jong Oh’s band members stated, staring at the three.

“Well,” Kwangsoo said, exchanging glances with Jang and Kangson. “Hongchul and Woosoon are in the hospital... And Kyle and Dongmoon are in the middle of a scandal.”

“They’re dating, right?” another one of the boys asked.

“No,” Jang said without hesitation. “They’re not.”

“Oh, cause-”

“Alright, let’s get this show started!” a young girl cried as she came running into the room. “Welcome to the Kim So Ri show! I’m your host, Kim So Ri! Today we have with us hot rockies, Trek and ICEE! Please introduce yourselves!”

“Annyeonghaseyo, ICEE imnida,” the ICEE boys said together.

“I’m Kwangsoo.”

“I’m Sonyeol.”

“And I’m Jang Yeop.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Trek imnida,” the other band said, bowing together.

“I’m Jong Oh.”

“I’m Dan Hi.”

“I’m Jake.”

“And I’m Jae Son.”

“Ah, neh,” Sori said. “Thank you boys. Let us start. I’ll ask some questions then we’ll have you guys perform and ten I have a few games. Let’s start with ICEE. So there was an article that came out this morning about the four ICEE members that aren’t here. Is it true that Kyle and Dongmoon are dating? And that Hongchul and Woosoon are dating?”

“That information is confidential and will be handled by the four of them and our CEO,” Kwangsoo said seriously. “We are not at liberty to discuss that.”

“Ah, I’m sorry,” Sori said, shifting through her papers. “What about Woosoon and Hongchul? Why are they in the hospital?”

“That is personal information that only those two can decide whether to tell or not,” Jang said. “Look, did you only want us to do this interview for questions like those? Not to be rude or anything, but this is our personal business and we’re not going to let the public dig into it. If you’re gonna do that, then we’re going to leave.”

“N-neh, I’m sorry,” the MC said, nodding her head. “I guess we’ll start here... Who’s the peacemaker in your groups?”

“Jake,” all the Trek members said together, causing the boy named Jake to blush deeply.

“Jake’s very kind hearted,” Jong Oh said with a smile. “We can trust him with anything.”

“What about in ICEE?” Sori asked, turning on the three boys.

“You might not believe it,” Kwangsoo spoke up, “but Kyle. He might be the cause of a lot of our problems, him and Dongmoon that is. He might be very insane and hardheaded and troublesome, but at the end of the day he knows how to make things right. He can calm anyone down through any situation, except for himself that is. He knows how to cheer us up and make us happy. Better yet, he knows how to be himself no matter what.”

“He’s the light of our home,” Jang agreed. “And he gives the best advice in the world. He is a great great kid.”

“Just the other day he did everything he could to calm down his broken brother,” Kangson added. “Whenever Woosoon hyung is hurt or anything, Kyle is the first to go to him and calm him down. He loves his brother and he says he’s his biggest inspiration.”

“You guys seem very close,” Sori said with a smile. “I heard you’re doing a collab project with Infinite. HOw’s that going?”

“Well right now it’s on hold,” Kwangsoo replied. “Otherwise, it’s been going really well. We’re ready to start recording as soon as Woosoon and Hongchul are ready.”

“That sounds fun,” Sori said, before turning on Trek. “So I heard you’re having a comeback very soon.”

“We are,” Jong Oh replied, nodding his head. “Next week we’ll have our comeback stage on Inkigayo.”

“Excellent,” the mc said with a smile. “Is there anyone you would want to do a collaboration with?”

“It would be fun to do something with the BTS sunbaes in our company,” one of the Trek boys said.

“Them or ICEE,” Jong Oh said, smiling at the boys across from them.

“For me,” Jang said, “it would probably have to be the Got7 sunbaes. Yugyeom and Bam Bam were really fun during their random interview with us.”

“I want to do something with Nam Misun and her group after they debut,” Kangson said, thoughtfully.

“And Trek would be fun to do a collaboration with,” Kwangsoo added. “They sound cool.”

“Nice choices,” Sori commented. “So then, let’s continue.”

 

...

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Haru imnida,” Haru said into a camera Woohyun was holding, smiling at the girl and telling her to go on. “As you all know, I’m Tablo’s daughter. I wanted to let you guys know that I made it into a girl group that will be debuting in two months! That’s fast, huh? Well, like my Appa, I’ll be debuting under Woollim entertainment in a girl group called Star Fish. We’re a group of four girls, the youngest being six years younger than me. Each of us have two years between each other. Let’s introduce you to the members!”

“Hello, I’m Nam Misun!” Misun cried, jumping into the screen and waving. “You all probably know me as the younger sister of Kyle Nam and Nam Woosoon from ICEE. Also as Nam Woohyun’s and Kim Sunggyu’s daughter. But now you will know me as the maknae of Star Fish!”

“And I’m Megan!” Megan cried, also jumping in front of the camera, going between Misun and Haru. “I’ll be the main vocalist of Star Fish! I’m the second youngest in the group, the same age as ICEE’s maknae, Kang Son Yeol!”

“And I’m Haley,” Haley said, walking into the camera as well. “I’ll be Star Fish’s visual. Now, we came here today to clear somethings up for our ICEE sunbaes. First of all, I’m that girl in that picture with Kyle Nam who people said he was dating. In fact, we are definitely NOT dating. We he came, I just knew him as someone from ICEE. I had no idea he was Misun’s brother, or even what his name was.”

“He came two days ago to visit me,” Misun said, nodding her head. “He wanted to check up on me and see how I was doing because we have both been really upset about Woosoon Oppa being in the hospital. The fruit basket was a gift to our group because that was his first time visiting us. So no, Kyle Nam is not dating Haley Hwang.”

“Now, we have four boys inside who want to make things right,” Megan said, walking over to Hongchul’s and Woosoon’s hospital room. “We’ll leave it to them now.”

“Annyeong,” Dongmoon said to the camera as soon as it was facing him and a very depressed Kyle. “We’re going to be completely honest. We’re not going to leave things to the company to fix, because this isn’t their problem. ICEE isn’t a band that would lie to their fans.”

“It’s true that I’m gay,” Kyle said, looking up at his father instead of the camera. “I have been since I was young. I mean, I didn’t REALLY focus on that fact until I met the ICEE boys. Seeing how strong my dads are, I admire them and I’m not scared to admit that I’m gay. And yes, I do like Dongmoon hyung, I’ll admit that too.”

“And we did in fact agree to date,” Dongmoon added. “I’ve liked him since the day we met. And no matter how much the public hates us for this, I don’t care. I’m going to openly date Kyle Nam even if my life depended on it.”

“If you want to bash us, then so be it,” Kyle said, shrugging his shoulders. “We’re not hiding.”

“And we’re not scared,” Dongmoon added, nodding his head.

“Now, my brother and Hongchul has something they want to say,” Kyle said, letting Woohyun aim the camera at the two on Woosoon’s hospital bed, Woosoon hoisting up against his bedframe and Hongchul sitting next to him.

“Annyeong,” Woosoon said with a weak, painful smile. “I just got out of surgery like an hour ago. Or, well, I woke up from surgery an hour ago. Apparently they messed up my operation and so the surgery took longer than it was supposed to and then I slept over an hour more than I was supposed to. But I’m okay. I’m in ALOT of pain, but I’m okay. I want to tell you what I was in surgery for.”

“Woosoon, take it slowly,” Hongchul said, looking into his eyes.

“I’m okay, hyung,” Woosoon assured him, before glancing at his father. “For the last few weeks I’ve been really, seriously sick. It kept me from practicing with everyone cause it was getting really bad. So I was taken to the hospital and they told me I had a kidney failure. Both my kidneys were in really bad condition. I had to have a kidney transplant in order to survive.”

“So I volunteered as a kidney donor,” Hongchul said. “Woosoon, being the one person I cared about more than anything else in the world, needed a donor so I stepped up. Kyle did too, but his parents were so scared that they didn’t want both their boys going into surgery. And so that’s where we’re at now. That’s why we won’t be doing anything with the group for a while.”

“And I saw an article after I woke up that really really pissed me off,” Woosoon added. “An article saying my brother was disgusting and it kept shooting the four of us down. However, even if we’re disgusting, I don’t care. I’m going to tell you something, that even Hongchul doesn’t know yet. I do, in fact, like Ho Hongchul. Alot. He did confess to me that he loves me, and I haven’t been able to answer him back. But I do accept Ho Hongchul as my boyfriend. As Kyle and Dongmoon hyung said, ICEE are not liars and we’ll admit everything with an open heart.”

“W-woosoon-”

“I feel especially bad,” Woosoon continued, “because before I went into surgery, Hongchul hyung and I got in a really big argument. I’m really sorry, hyung. He’s been going through a rough time because he also just got out of surgery, and then his parents found out about his feelings for me... And they did disown him. I hope everything will be okay for you soon, hyung.”

“And now that we cleared everything up,” Kyle said, turning the attention back to him. “We’d like to say thank you for your time and please understand our intentions. We love who we love, and we can’t hide that ever. Thank you.”

“I’m so proud of you boys,” Woohyun said as soon as he shut down the camera.

“Are you going to put that on the website?” Woosoon asked, looking at his father.

“I am,” Woohyun replied, before walking over to him. “How are you feeling?”

“Well, I’m not sick anymore,” Woosoon replied, shrugging his shoulders. “But this is the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life. It’s awful.”

“You’ll be okay, my son,” Woohyun said, giving him a quick hug. “Everything will be okay.”


A/N Welllll, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! (a day earlier for most) But there you go, figured I should get this out for you!