Ch. 25

My Son is An Idol

“Welcome to Infinite’s Love For Ice,” Sunggyu said into the camera as he looked at everyone surrounding him. “This is the first episode and today we’ve split up in two groups. We have separate challenges we need to complete today. I’m with Woosoon, Hongchul, Kwangsoo, Jang, Dongwoo and Woohyun and today we’re going to the aquarium to do a list of missions.”

“We are at the aquarium, actually,” Woosoon said, gesturing around him. “We’re split up in pairs, and Dongwoo’s gonna team up with me and Hongchul hyung. Jang and Kwangsoo are another team, while my parents are the last team. We each have five different missions to complete.”

“Alright, let’s get started,” Dongwoo said, walking away. “My group, come with me.”

The three walked/rolled away with a whole set of crew people following them, two of them carrying cameras and filming them at different angles. Dongwoo led them to a secluded area and sat down, taking a mission’s list out of his backpack. Hongchul and Woosoon crowded around him in their wheelchairs, waiting for him to start. He read over the list a couple times before looking up at the camera. The two boys still continued to wait for him to talk.

“So the first mission is to touch a shark,” Dongwoo said. “Then we have to play with frogs and then pet a penguin. After that we need to train a sea otter and kiss a fish.”

“How do we touch a shark?” Woosoon asked with a frown. “Is that even possible?”

“I don’t know,” Dongwoo said, laughing slightly. “I guess we’ll have to see.”

“I also don’t get how it’s possible to kiss a fish,” Hongchul added, looking at the list. “I don’t-”

“I can kiss a fish, watch!” Woosoon cried, wheeling over to the glass where a bunch of fish were swimming around. One was right up against the glass, and Woosoon just kissed the glass.

“Ew, don’t kiss the glass!” Hongchul cried, sticking his tongue out in disgust. “You’ll get sick.”

“I won’t get sick, hyung,” Woosoon said, shaking his head. “Everyone does it. How else are you supposed to kiss a fish?”

“It’s just gross,” Hongchul replied, frowning.

“You’re gross!” Woosoon retorted.

“No! You are!” Hongchul cried. “You’re the one who kissed the glass!”

“There’s nothing wrong with it!” Woosoon cried. “You’re the gross one!”

“No you are!”

“You are!”

“You!”

“No, you!”

“Both of you, stop it,” Dongwoo said with a sigh. “You sound like my son and daughter, and my oldest is FIVE!”

“Sorry,” Woosoon said, pouting. “What’s the next mission?”

“Let’s go pet penguins,” Dongwoo said, shaking his head. “Follow me.”

 

...

 

“Hyung, I don’t like frogs,” Woohyun muttered as he and Sunggyu made their way over to the frog pond where kids were trodding in the water to play with the frogs.

“Why don’t you like frogs?” Sunggyu asked, rolling his eyes and strolling right into the pond, after taking off his shoes and rolling up his pant legs.

“They’re slimy and gross,” Woohyun replied, hesitantly following his husband into the pond. “I don’t want to touch one.”

“Well, too bad,” Sunggyu said, picking up a large frog and placing it into Woohyun’s hands.

“Hyung!” Woohyun shrieked, causing the frog to jump out of his hands in fright.

“Yah!” Sunggyu cried, glaring at him. “We’re supposed to do this mission.”

“Well if we did a mission with dogs, you would act the same exact way!” Woohyun cried, frantically rushing away as a frog touched his foot. “B-besides, only one of us needs to complete the mission. I volunteer you to do it.”

“There’s nothing wrong with frogs,” Sunggyu replied, picking up another and petting it’s head. “They’re cute.”

“They’re gross, hyung, gross,” Woohyun said, shaking his head.

“Oh, don’t be a baby,” Sunggyu said, before walking over to Woohyun with a frog in his hand.

“Get that thing away from me,” Woohyun whimpered, backing up and tripping over a log, falling on his into the water.

Sunggyu broke out in a loud laughter, causing the frog to hop out of his hands. Woohyun just pouted up at him as Sunggyu continued to laugh in delight. After settling down, Sunggyu then decided to reach over and help Woohyun up. However, Woohyun pulled on Sunggyu’s outstretched hand, causing him to fall as well. Sunggyu frowned as Woohyun as his husband just glared at him.

“What was that for?” Sunggyu asked him.

“Payback,” Woohyun said, sticking his tongue out. “That’s what you get for laughing at me.”

“I was going to help you back up,” Sunggyu retorted, frowning and standing up, now completely soaked.

“But you didn’t,” Woohyun said, also standing up. “You laughed at me instead.”

“I did too!” Sunggyu cried. “Just after I was done laughing.”

“Exactly!” Woohyun cried, stomping away from him and the pond. “I hate you, hyung! You’re so mean!”

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “You sound just like our kids right now. You’re not a kid anymore, Woohyun.”

“I don’t care!” Woohyun cried. “I’ll act however I want to.”

“You big baby,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes. “Come on, let’s just do our next mission.”

“Fine,” Woohyun muttered. “Let’s go.”

 

...

 

“Hyung, I’ve never seen penguins up close,” Jang said with a smile as he and Kwang Soo made their way over to the penguins. “I’ve always loved penguins.”

“I’ve seen them up close,” Kwangsoo replied, grinning at his younger member. “When I visited America with my family, we went to a zoo and they had this huge display of penguins. I’ve never touched them, though.”

“So you haven’t been to the zoo here in Korea, either?” Jang asked him, tilting his head to the side in curiosity.

“I haven’t,” Kwangsoo replied, shaking his head.

“Then we’ll have to go sometime, just you and I,” Jang replied. “We never hang out, hyung. It would be nice to do when we have a day off.”

“That would be cool,” Kwangsoo agreed, nodding his head. “We can get away from the crazy bunch at home.”

“Come on, Son Yeol isn’t THAT bad,” Jang said with a laugh.

“But the others are,” Kwangsoo replied, before the two broke out laughing. “I love our members.”

“So do I,” Jang agreed, nodding his head. “I can’t imagine life without them. I’m so glad we’re all together.”

“So am I,” Kwangsoo said with a smile, before pointing at a staff member. “Guess we need to talk to her about letting us pet the penguins.”

“I guess so,” Jang said, before walking up to the girl. “Annyeong, my name is Young Jang Yeop, and I’m in the boy group, ICEE. We’re here for our variety show, and our mission is to pet a penguin. Is it alright if we...”

“Pet the penguins?” the girl asked with a smile. “Sure. You’re not the first group that asked. There were two boys in a wheelchair who said they were from ICEE as well.”

“Ah, Woosoon and Hongchul,” Jang said, nodding his head. “Looks like they’re going through their missions fast.”

“Isn’t Dongwoo with them?” Kwangsoo asked, looking at Jang.

“Yeah,” Jang said.

“That proves it,” Kwangsoo said with a laugh. “I heard Dongwoo’s been getting more and more competitive lately. He probably wants to be the first to get these missions completed.”

“Of course,” Jang said with a grin. “Come on, hyung. Let’s go pet these penguins.”

“Jangyeop, look!” Kwangsoo cried as they made it into the penguin display, pointing at one of the penguins who was following another. “That looks like Kyle and Dongmoon. They’re always following each other around.”

“That’s so true!” Jang agreed, laughing lightly. “And that one looks like Son Yeol. It’s so little and cute.”

“Adorable,” Kwangsoo replied, nodding his head.

“This one looks so innocent,” Jang said, petting the one close to him, which was bending down and nibbling on his shoe. “And a trouble maker. This one is Woosoon.”

“I agree,” Kwangsoo said, grinning and pointing at one that was diving into the large pool of water by the glass, where people were gathered to watch. “And that one has style. See the yellow running down the sides of his head? He’s so a Hongchul!”

“Definitely!” Jang cried, laughing once again. “Ah, this is going to kill me.”

“Seriously,” Kwangsoo agreed, following another penguin. “This is fun. We should do this more often.”

“We should,” Jang said. “Thanks for making me laugh, hyung.”

 

...

 

“YESSSSS!!!!! WE’RE AT AN AMUSEMENT PARK!!!” Kyle cheered as he and Dongmoon ran ahead of everyone else, after their introduction to the variety show. “This is so cool!”

“Guys!” Hoya shouted after them. “Get back over here! We haven’t even decided our teams!”

“There’s two groups of two and one of three,” Kyle said, rolling his eyes. “Son Yeol, Dongmoon and I are the group of three, and I don’t know and don’t care about the other groups! All I care about is riding these rides!”

“Kyle, you need to complete the missions,” Hoya said with a sigh, handing a piece of paper to Kang Son. “Will you make sure they complete these missions and not just play?”

“Alright,” Kang Son said with a smile, before running off after his hyungs with the camera crew following him. “Guys! Wait up!”

“Son Yeol, we need to ride that!” Kyle cried, pointing at the largest roller coaster.

“Not right now, hyung,” Kang Son said, looking at it nervously. “Let’s sit down and discuss the missions first.”

“I don’t want to,” Kyle said, shaking his head.

“Who cares, we’re going to,” Kang Son said sternly, causing Kyle and Dongmoon to groan and follow Kang Son over to a bench. “Alright, mission one is to go into the haunted house. Number two is to ride one ride you would never ride otherwise. Mission number three, buy a kid some icecream. Mission number four, perform a song while waiting in line for a roller coaster. Mission number five, ride the roller coaster with a stranger.”

“Easy! Now let’s go!” Kyle cried, running towards the roller coaster.

“Hyung, this mission isn’t till the end!” Kang Son cried, running after him and Dongmoon who were already lining up for it.

“Who cares, we can do it now,” Kyle said, shrugging his shoulders.

“What do we have to do with this mission again?” Dongmoon asked, looking at Kyle and Kang Son.

“We need to perform one of our songs while waiting in line,” Kang Son said, spotting the two hour wait sign, that was about ten people ahead of them.

“Oh, we have plenty of time,” Kyle said, shrugging his shoulders. “But wait, don’t we have like VIP access to these rides, since we’re idols?”

“Let’s perform first,” Kang Son replied. “And we each need to pick a partner for the ride.”

“Easy!” Kyle cried, spotting a group of three guys around their age right in front of them. “Hey! You guys!”

“Neh?” one of the boys asked, turning around and looking at them.

“Hi! I’m Kyle Nam, and this is Kim Dongmoon and Kang Son Yeol! Would you three like to go on the roller coaster in like ten minutes instead of two hours?” Kyle asked them.

“That would be nice,” the boy said, nodding his head. “I’m Shin Hee, and this is JaeBum, like Im Jaebum from Got7, and this is MyungJoo.”

“How are we supposed to get on the ride in ten minutes?” the boy named Jaebum asked.

“We’re idols,” Kyle said just as an even bigger line formed behind them. To the boys’ excitement, a lot of them were fangirls. “Oh, it’s our fans!”

“Oppa!” one of the girls cried as the girls circled around them. “We miss you, Oppas!”

“Is Woosoon Oppa and Hongchul Oppa okay?” another girl asked. “I hope they are!”

“ICEE, Saranghayo!” the girls shouted.

“Annyeong!” Dongmoon cried with a wide grin. “Do you guys want to hear a song from us?”

“Neh!” the girls cheered.

“Well, right now we’re filming for our variety show, Infinite’s Love For Ice! One of our missions is to perform while we’re in line for the roller coaster!” Kyle cried with a grin.

“What song do you want us to sing?” Dongmoon asked them.

“Lonely Girl!” all the girls cried together, catching attention of bystanders.

“My favorite,” Kyle said with a grin. “Alright, music, cue!”

The staffs started their song, and the three immediately started dancing and singing. Kyle and Dongmoon sang Woosoon’s and Hongchul’s parts, while Kang Son sang the hyungs’. The girls chanted along, causing the boys to grin and get more into the performance. Once the song ended, the three bowed to the girls before turning on the three boys ahead of them. Kang Son walked up to them to explain the mission.

“Next we have to ride on the roller coaster with strangers,” Kang Son told them. “So we need to have you guys as our partners.”

“Are you guys really from ICEE?” the boy named Myungjoo asked with wide eyes.

“We are,” Kang Son said with a grin. “Now come on!”

They were easily able to get past the crowds with their VIP passes, making the three boys excited. They picked the three seats in the front, Kyle riding at the very front with Shin Hee, Dongmoon with Jaebum and Kang Son with Myungjoo. It was soon their turn for the ride, and Kang Son was a nervous mess. He’s never been on a roller coaster before, so he wasn’t sure how to feel. Myungjoo did his best to calm him down.

Once the ride was over, the boys exchanged numbers with the three, and the three thanked them repeatedly with wide grins on their faces. The three idols then took pictures with them before waving at them and continuing on. They finished their missions quickly just so that they could meet up with the others and get the show done with quickly. All Kyle wanted to do was have fun and run the whole amusement park, Dongmoon alongside him. But first thing’s first, work. And work is what they did.

 

A/N Long time no see!!!! I'm so sorry for the long wait!! I hope this update makes up for it!!! I love you all!!! <3