Ch. 9

My Son is An Idol

Happy Valentines day,” Woohyun said, passing over a card to his son.

Dad, it's not Valentines day,” Kyle said, frowning at his father. “It's the middle of July.”

Well then happy birthday!” Woohyun cried, waving his hands in the air.

It's not anyone's birthday,” Woosoon said, shaking his head.

Actually, my birthday was like a week ago!” Hongchul cried, sticking his tongue out at his band member.

Well, it's over,” Woosoon replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Fine, then Merry Christmas!” Woohyun cried, still holding the card out to them.

It's not Christmas! It's way past Christmas!” Kyle cried, frowning at him.

Then happy Easter!” Woohyun replied, holding his ground.

Hyung, Easter was in April,” Sungjong stated, rolling his eyes at him.

You're not helping!” Woohyun cried. “Fine, then happy anniversary!”

For what?” Kyle asked, raising his eyebrows.

Just take the card!” Woohyun cried, finally giving up.

They were in the middle of filming their final episode. The Infinite members had split everyone up in three groups of five. Woohyun and Sungjong were with Kyle, Woosoon and Hongchul. Sunggyu was with Dongmoon, Kwangsoo and Dongwoo and Hoya. Myungsoo and Sungyeol had both their sons and Kang Son and Jang.

Their task was to do a scavenger hunt, following the clues on the cards given out. The first team to finish wins a trip to an amusement park. Woohyun was trying his hardest to get his group to cooperate, yet he was stuck with his sons. Being stuck with his sons meant a lot of arguments. This was only because the two boys loved teasing him.

Kyle sighed and took the card out of his father's hand. The other four watched him with curious eyes as he read through the card. He then placed the card on the table so that the others could see. The other fought over it, trying to see their task before the others. Soon enough Woohyun got a hold of it and let out a cry of victory.

Scavenger hunt

You must find EACH item on the list.

1.Infinite's Over the Top Album

2.ICEE's debut poster

3.Paper plates

4.A cooler full of drinks

5.A box of matches

6.A bag of chips

7.A plate of hamburger meat

8.Hamburger buns

9.Bottle of ketchup

10.A box of cupcakes

11.Picnic table cloth

Once you find your items you need to get back

to your table. You will have a grill on one end

of your table. Your job is to SET your table

for the five or six people in your team. You will

elect one of your teammates to make your burgers.

This will be the start of the end of show awards.

 

Interesting,” Woohyun replied, throwing the paper to Woosoon and Hongchul. “Alright, let's get started!”

Dad, all the groups already started,” Kyle said, frowning and looking around. Sure enough, no one was around. “We need to hurry.”

Alright! Let's find the album first. Where do you think that would be?” Woohyun asked, looking at the other four.

Hyung, of course you want to find our album first,” Sungjong said, rolling his eyes. “Let's look inside.”

Alright, let's go!” Woohyun cried, rushing to the door with the other four following him.

I found the cooler!” Hongchul cried, causing them to turn on him.

Where?!” Woosoon asked, looking around, frantically.

Over there!” Hongchul cried, pointing at the side of the house and rushing towards it.

Together he and Kyle picked up the cooler, carrying back over to the team. Woohyun nodded in approval, scanning the area. He made sure they didn't miss anything before the five of them wobbled inside. In the kitchen, they found their plate of hamburgers. Grinning, Woohyun picked up the plate and they continued to look.

Once they found all the things on the list, then five rushed back over to their table. To their dismay, everyone else had already made it back and were in the middle of making their food. Woohyun groaned in annoyance and shoved the plate of burgers into Sungjong's hands, forcing him to make the food. He then plopped down in his chair and crossed his arms in disappointment. Woohyun hated loosing.

Dad, it's not the end of the world,” Kyle said, sitting down next to him. “It was fun while it lasted! Come on, we still have quite a lot to do tonight!”

Yeah, once we finish cooking, we get to do the end of the show ceremony!” Woosoon cried, grinning at his father.

You're right,” Woohyun said, nodding his head.

What's the point in sulking?” Sunggyu asked as he walked over to their table. “Other than the fact that my team won first place.”

Shut up,” Woohyun said, glaring at his husband. “I hate you.”

Aw, I love you too, yeobo!” Sunggyu cried, sitting on his lap and wrapping his arms around his neck.

No PDA, please!” Sungjong cried, shielding his eyes. “You shouldn't torture the fans!”

Oh shut up!” Sunggyu cried, glaring at him. “Besides, you should be used to this!”

Sadly I am,” Sungjong replied, removing his hands from his eyes. “I had to deal with this for about 15 years!”

Which is why you shouldn't be complaining,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes. “Now, are we supposed to start this thing?”

We need to finish making our food!” Sungyeol cried from the far side of the yard.

We'll get ours done first!” Dongmoon cried, pumping his fist in the air.

No, we'll get ours done first!” Kyle cried, sticking his tongue out at him.

We started first!” Dongmoon argued.

But we're better at cooking!” Kang Son cried. “Cause we have Myungsoo hyung!”

Actually, Woohyun hyung is better at cooking than Myungsoo,” Sungyeol stated, causing Myungsoo to punch his shoulder. “OW!”

Yah, you're on my team! You're supposed to be on my side!” Myungsoo cried.

But he's right,” Sunghyun stated as he flipped on of the burgers. “Woohyun is definitely better at cooking.”

Is he?” Kwangsoo asked, looking over at Woohyun. “I want to try your cooking!”

So do I!” Jang agreed, nodding his head.

Me! I wanna try it!” Kang Son cried, jumping up and down.

Then come over here!” Woohyun cried, grinning widely as all the ICEE members gathered around him. “I'll make these hamburgers the best thing you've ever had.”

So why didn't you tell us you were coming back?” Kyle asked as he and Woosoon followed their parents home after their filming.

Because it was supposed to be a surprise,” Sunggyu replied, walking up to their house and unlocking the door. “If we told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?”

No, probably not,” Kyle agreed, shaking his head.

So what kind of concept are you going for?” Woosoon asked, rushing into the house.

We're doing a happier concept,” Sunggyu replied, closing the door and taking off his shoes after Kyle and Woohyun went inside. “We're filming at a beach.”

That sounds so much fun!” Woosoon cried, jumping up and down excitedly. “Can I go to the beach?! I want to go to the beach!”

We can probably take ICEE along. You guys just can't get in the way of our filming,” Sunggyu replied, walking over to the kitchen.

We won't get in your way. The hyungs and Kang Son will be so happy!” Woosoon cheered, clapping his hands. “They love going to the beach!”

So what are we going to do about this collaboration thing?” Kyle asked, plopping down on the couch with Woohyun.

We're going to do a few things,” Woohyun replied, looking over at his son.

Like what?” Kyle asked, laying back so his head was resting on Woohyun's lap.

We'll do a full group thing with all fourteen of us together,” Sunggyu replied, pouring four glasses of orange soda. “We'll do like 2 or 3 songs together. Then we'll spilt up into subunits and each subunit will have like 3 or 4 songs each.”

What are the subunits going to be?” Woosoon asked, helping Sunggyu carry the drinks into the living room.

Well, it's going to be Infinite H, Infinite V and Infinite M,” Sunggyu replied, handing Woohyun the extra cup in his hand as Woosoon gave Kyle his. “And I'm not sure how we're going to split the seven of you up yet. We'll figure that out as a group.”

So this album... Will it be like four albums in one?” Kyle asked, looking back and forth between his fathers.

I'm not sure how the company will do that. They'll figure it out,” Woohyun replied. “But they want our family to do a small subunit as well.”

Like with just the four of us?” Kyle asked. “Or with Misun as well?”

With Misun as well,” Sunggyu replied. “If she passes her audition, which we know she will. The CEO even agrees. But if she passes, then this will be a showcase for her so she can show the world her talent. Her singing with four amazing singers will be amazing for her. Especially when those four are her family members.”

That's a great opportunity for her,” Kyle agreed, just as the front door open.

Oh? Everyone's home?” a voice asked as Misun walked into the room.

Misun! You're back!” Woohyun cried, grinning up at his daughter.

Hey daddy,” she said, smiling at him and sitting on top of Kyle's feet.

Hey, don't sit on me,” Kyle said, frowning.

I'll sit on you whenever I want to,” she stated. “Besides, you're taking up the whole couch.”

Don't argue,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “It's been a while since the whole family's been together like this.”

It really is,” Woohyun agreed, nodding his head. “I'm glad the company is letting you guys stay here tonight.”

We need a break from the guys every once in a while,” Kyle replied, smiling. “So it's great to be home!”

It's great to have you home,” Sunggyu agreed, standing up so he can get Misun something to drink. “Misun, what did you do with Hyoan hyung all day?”

Well we were filming for ICEE's show this morning,” Misun replied. “Then Hyoan took me to the dance studio and taught me some Infinite dances.”

Speaking of Infinite,” Kyle said, looking at his sister. “Did you know they're having a comeback?”

Hyoan Appa told me,” Misun replied, nodding her head. “Since he'll be their manager once again.”

Hyoan Ahjusshi knew?” Kyle asked, frowning.

The CEO probably told him,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head.

The four then turned to Woosoon, who was sitting quietly with his arms crossed in the far side of the room. He was trying his best to ignore eye contact with Misun. He was still upset about that morning's events. He didn't like the fact that Misun betrayed him, even though it was for the show. He hated being pranked.

Woosoon, what's wrong?” Woohyun asked, pushing Kyle off of him and walking over to his eldest son.

Woosoon refused to say anything, looking away from him. Woohyun sighed and pulled him into a hug. Sunggyu watched on with worried eyes, before turning to Kyle and Misun. They both were exchanging glances with guilt tinting their expressions. He knew something was up.

Tell us right now,” Sunggyu ordered, forgetting about the drink and stomping over to them. “What happened to your brother?”

During the filming today,” Misun said quietly, refusing to meet her father's gaze. “We-uh... We had Hyoan come as a surprise for Woosoon. We made it seem like no one was there for him... I mean, I knew Hyoan was there, but the boys didn't. Hyoan was angry after he found out the way Woosoon reacted... We know he has separation anxiety... Kyle... He was pissed. He stormed off the set because Woosoon went missing...”

Woosoon's been refusing to talk to Misun after what happened,” Kyle stated, looking up to meet Sunggyu's eyes.

Ah, I see,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head. “Just try fixing everything. I'll get you all something to eat.”

Everything will be fine, Woosoon,” Woohyun whispered, hugging the fragile boy even closer to him. “You're not alone.”


A/N Hehehe, hope this chapter is okay for you guys!!! :D There's some Nam family interactions! Just like what we need! Next update will probably be Infinite focused as they work on their comeback!

Thanks for commenting and subscribing and upvoting! I love you all!!!

Make sure to check out my new story Revelation! Main pairing will be WooGyu, but right now it's LuhanxWoohyun