Ch. 2

My Son is An Idol

“We should play a game!” Dong Moon suggested as all the boys gathered around in their dressing room.

They still had about 20 minutes until they actually had to do anything. Everyone had their hair and makeup done, and all their costumes were in place. All seven of them were very anxious and hated having to wait for their stage to start. Dong Moon noticed this and figured a game would be a good idea. It would get everyone's mind off of how nervous they were.

“What game?” Hongchul asked, suddenly interested.

“I don't know, something that everyone can be involved in?” Dong Moon replied, shrugging his shoulder.

“Do you guys know that strawberry game?” Jang asked, sitting down next to them on the couches in their dressing room.

“You mean that hand game?” Kyle asked, also sitting down. “My dad loves that game.”

“Which one?” Dong Moon asked, looking over at him.

“Woohyun,” Kyle stated.

“Oh, he does, doesn't he?” Woosoon asked, sitting on his brother's lap. “Ah, it is a fun game though! I love beating Appa at it!”

“Appa's such a sore loser!” Kyle agreed, nodding his head.

“The strawberry game sounds fun,” Kwang Soo replied, sitting next to Kyle and Woosoon. “Are you going to play, Kang Son?”

“YES!” Kang Son cried, running over and jumping on the only empty seat left.

“Let's change up the rules,” Jang suggested. “Instead of the normal phrases, let's say VIC. TOR. Y for the first three claps and I. CEE. For the next set of claps.”

“Good idea,” Woosoon said, nodding his head.

He then patted his legs and said “vic” then he clapped his hands “tor” and clapped them again “y”. He repeated that same process, then he changed it up. He patted his legs once “I” and then he clapped his hands once “CEE”. He did that another time to, then grinned at everyone nodded his head. Everything seemed to work out that way.

“Alright, we can do that,” Woosoon told them. “And every time someone messes up, we'll kick them out of the game. Then it will keep going until we're down to the final two. The winner... I don't know what the winner gets.”

“No prizes,” Kwang Soo said, shaking his head. “We'll just play it for fun.”

“What?! No fair!” Hongchul cried, frowning at his leader.

“It's just how the game goes,” Kwang Soo said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Okay guys, you'll follow the sound of my voice,” Woosoon said, trying to start up the game.

“Get off my lap,” Kyle said, shoving his brother off.

“Yah! I have no where to sit now!” Woosoon cried, frowning.

“Too bad for you,” Kyle stated, shrugging his shoulders.

“You're mean!” Woosoon cried, pouting.

“Here, you can sit between me and Kwang Soo hyung!” Kang Son cried, scooting over as much as he could on the couch so Woosoon could fit.

“Thanks!” Woosoon cried, plopping down next to them, hitting Kwang Soo's hand with his water bottle in the process. Water then spilled all over Kwang Soo's front.

“Yah!” Kwang Soo cried, jumping up with water dripping down his front.

“Hyung! I'm so sorry!” Woosoon cried with wide eyes.

“That was like the whole water bottle!” Hongchul cried, breaking out in laughter.

“Manager hyung!” Dong Moon shouted, causing the manager to walk in with raised eyebrows. “Woosoon spilt water all over Kwang Soo hyung!”

“On accident!” Woosoon cried, his eyes teary already at the accusation.

“Woosoon,” the manager said, frowning at him.

“No, it's not his fault,” Kwang Soo said, shaking his head. “It was an accident.”

“OOO, you're in trouble!” Kyle cried, pointing at his brother.

“No he's not,” Kwang Soo said, turning on Kyle. “Don't be a jerk.”

“Woosoon's in trouble!” Kyle and Dong Moon cried at the same time, laughing loudly.

“Woosoon, come here,” the manager said, motioning for him to follow. “Kwang Soo, go change outfits. See if the stylist noonas has a copy of that outfit. They should.”

“Okay,” Kwang Soo said, nodding his head and leaving behind the manager and his younger member.

“He's going to get it!” Kyle cried, still laughing.

“Yah! Be nice, will you?” Jang cried, glaring at Kyle.

“Yeah, be nice,” Hongchul said, nodding his head in agreement. “He didn't mean to.”

“No, he didn't!” Kang Son said, frowning. “He was just excited to play the game.”

“KYLE! WOOSOON! I'M HERE!” a new voice shouted as Woohyun came running in to the room, followed by Misun and Sunggyu.

“Hi Dad,” Kyle said, waving at his father.

“Where's your brother?” Sunggyu asked, looking around the room.

“He's in trouble because he spilt water all down Kwang Soo,” Dong Moon said, standing up and bowing to them.

“He didn't do it on purpose!” Kang Son cried, glaring at his two hyungs. “He did it on accident, and then Kyle and Dong Moon kept blaming him!”

“Kyle,” Sunggyu said, crossing his arms and frowning at his son. “Is this true?”

“No,” Kyle immediately said, shaking his head. He was afraid of his father's wrath.

“Yeah huh!” Kang Son cried, nodding his head. “Right Jang hyung?”

“You don't need to tattle!” Dong Moon cried, pointing his finger at Kang Son. “We're not kids anymore. You should stick up for your friends!”

“I AM sticking up for my friend!” Kang Son cried. “Woosoon is my friend too!”

“Kyle is always like this, Appa,” Misun said, turning on Sunggyu and Woohyun. “He always blames me and Woosoon for everything!”

Sunggyu and Woohyun stared at each other, trying to figure out what to do. At that moment, Woosoon and the manager came walking back in. Woosoon was sulking and stomping away from everyone. Woohyun noticed this and felt very worried for his son. The boy even refused to look at his parents.

“What did you say to him, hyung?” Jang asked, frowning. “It really wasn't his fault.”

“That doesn't matter,” the manager said, pointing at him. “All of you start getting ready. You go on stage in ten.”

The manager then left the room, causing everyone to go silent. Kyle kept glancing back at his brother with regretful eyes. He then turned to his parents, who were both giving him very disappointed looks. Kyle sighed and looked at all s, who also looked very disappointed with him. Dong Moon was trying to figure out what to do at that point.

“I was wrong,” Kyle whispered, bowing his head in front of his parents. “I was being mean to Woosoon. I blamed him for something he didn't do.”

“Thank you for telling the truth, Kyle,” Sunggyu said, before walking over to his other son. “Woosoon, look at me.”

“Go away,” Woosoon said, trying to hold back his tears.

“No,” Sunggyu said, kneeling down next to him and grabbing his shoulder. “Look at me.”

“No,” Woosoon said, shaking his head.

“You're just like Woohyun, do you know that?” Sunggyu said, chuckling. “Every time something didn't go his way, he would go sulking in a corner as well.”

“Hey!” Woohyun cried, walking over to him. “I would not!”

“Yes you would,” Sunggyu said, laughing. “Anyway, Woosoon, listen to me. We know you're upset, but can you smile for us right now? You're about to go on stage, and you don't want your fans to know you're upset, do you?”

“No,” Woosoon said, shaking his head.

“Then lighten up, okay? We'll be in the very front supporting you, okay? So don't be sad. Your members have your back, okay? Don't let your brother's words get to you. We'll make sure he talks to your manager and fix everything, okay?” Sunggyu said, looking right in to his eyes.

“Okay,” Woosoon said, nodding his head.

“Good, now go with your group,” Woohyun said, helping Woosoon up and hugging him. “They can't do this without their lead vocalist.”

“Okay,” Woosoon said again, hugging Woohyun back, and then hugging Sunggyu.

“Alright boys, we're leaving!” Sunggyu said, walking past Kyle. “And Kyle, you better go fix everything with your manager after you perform, do you hear me?”

“Yes, Appa,” Kyle said, nodding his head.

“Good,” Sunggyu said, before leaving the room with Misun.

“Good luck guys!” Woohyun cried, pumping his fist in the air. “See you guys on the stage!”

“Thanks Dad,” Kyle said, watching his family leave.

“C'mon, let's go,” Kwang Soo cried, walking back in to the room and motioning for everyone to follow him.

Everyone rushed ahead, taking the hallway to get to the stage. Kwang Soo and Kang Son stayed back with Woosoon to keep him company. Woosoon just walked slowly, looking at the floor the whole time. The leader and the maknae exchanged looks with each other, before stopping right in front of Woosoon. Woosoon didn't notice them stopping and bumped right in to them.

“Whoa there,” Kwang Soo said, steadying the boy. “Careful, okay?”

“Sorry,” Woosoon said, quietly.

“Hey, I don't blame you, okay?” Kwang Soo said, pulling him in to a hug. “I'm perfectly fine. I don't know what everyone's making such a big deal about.”

“Yeah, we're here for you hyung!” Kang Son cried, also throwing his arms around Woosoon. “I even stood up for you when your parents were there!”

“Thanks guys,” Woosoon said, hugging them back and breaking in to a small smile.

“Besides, it's just water. Water isn't going to do anything to anyone,” Kwang Soo said, laughing and pulling away. “Now let's go. They must be waiting for us.”

“Okay,” Woosoon said, nodding his head. “Let's go!”

“So what's going on in the life of backstage?” Hoya asked as Sunggyu and Woohyun took their seats right next to them.

All their old band members with their with all their family members. They took up the whole front row, which took a lot of work to get. They wanted to make sure they were able to see their boys front and center. It was the best way they could support them. They knew the boys would appreciate this.

Hoya's son was standing up in front of them, dancing with his sister and Dongwoo's kids. Dongwoo's daughter was jumping up and down, laughing loudly. Next to them was Sungyeol's and Myungsoo's son, Sungjun. The five kids seemed to be having the time of their lives. Sungjun's brother was sitting next his father, playing on his phone, while Misun sat down next to Woohyun.

“Chaos,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head and sitting down.

“Of course,” Hoya replied, nodding his head.

“What kind of chaos?!” Sungyeol asked, looking over at Sunggyu.

“Just chaos,” Sunggyu replied as two MCs walked on stage.

“Welcome to KBS Music Bank!” one of the MCs cried. “Today is June 15th, 2028! How is everyone doing today?”

“Well that's good,” the girl MC said, nodding her head after the audience replied with a loud applause. “Today you're going to get a really great treat! Remember Woollim Entertainment that had the all famous Infinite?”

“THAT'S US!” Sungyeol shouted, jumping up and waving his arms around.

“It really is them!” the girl cried, pointing at where they were sitting. “Look guys, Infinite is here! All seven of them!”

Sunggyu exchanged glances with Hoya before motioning for all his former members to stand up. The seven stood up together and grabbed hands. Before they could bow, the five young kids rushed forward to join in. Sunggyu laughed and grabbed Hoya's son, Kang Re's, hand and together all of them bowed to the audience. Then they turned and bowed to the MCs.

“I guess you all want to know why Infinite is here,” the MC said, laughing. “Aw, it's been a while since we've seen you guys! It looks like all of you are happy with all your families! It's been what... 8 years? Since you had your goodbye stage right here on this stage. I should know, I was a major Infinite fan.”

“We miss you guys,” the male MC said, nodding his head. “Ah, we forgot to introduce ourselves! We're not following the script, guys!”

“I'm Kim Eun Young,” the girl said, bowing to the audience.

“And I'm Park Jung Oh,” the other MC said, grinning at them. “I'm a special MC tonight, if you didn't know! I'm in the rookie group, Trek.”

“We know who you are, Jung Oh,” Eun Young said, laughing. “I'm also a special MC. This is my first time MCing, but Music Bank wanted to see what I could do! So this is my official debut as a MC.”

“Are you going to stay as a Music Bank MC?” Jung Oh asked, looking at her.

“Who knows,” she said, laughing. “Anyway, let's tell you why INFINITE is here! Did you guys here of the new boy group, ICEE?”

“You mean my rivals?” Jung Oh asked, frowning.

“Yah, you debuted in January! Be nice,” Eun Young cried, hitting his shoulder. “But the new rookie group are having their debut stage on Music Bank TONIGHT!”

“What does that have to do with Infinite?” Jung Oh asked.

“Well, remember the two boys Infinite's leader, Kim Sunggyu, and their main vocalist, Nam Woohyun adopted?” Eun Young asked. “You know, two years before they disbanded?”

“No,” Jung Oh replied, shaking his head. “I'm too young to know this!”

“Yah, you were already eight when they disbanded!” Eun Young cried, turning on him. “But ten years ago, those two adopted two boys! Then two years later they got married and Infinite was forced to shut down because of two of the members getting married to each other. It was very sad, honestly.”

“Alright, get on with it!” Jung Oh said, rolling his eyes.

“Okay okay,” Eun Young said with a sigh, causing Sunggyu and Woohyun to laugh.

“She knows quite a lot about us,” Hoya said, looking at his former leader. “She must have really been a fan!”

“But that scandal did go all around the internet,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “I'm not surprised.”

“Same here,” Woohyun said, nodding his head.

“These two boys they adopted,” the girl continued, causing them to look up at her. “Are none other than the lead rapper and lead vocalist of ICEE, Nam Kyle and Nam Woosoon! Whose all ready to see ICEE? I heard they're pretty talented!”

“They're not better than Trek,” Jung Oh said, waving his hand in dismissal.

“I think they are,” Eun Young said, rolling her eyes. “Anyway, the boys will be opening our stage tonight! Are you guys ready to see some great talent?”

“YEAH!” Sungyeol shouted, jumping up and waving his arms around.

He was soon followed by Dongwoo and Woohyun, who started jumping around in circles. The other Infinite members exchanged looks with each other, then they looked at Dongwoo's wife, who was laughing at the three of them. Myungsoo and Sunggyu just rolled their eyes, before looking back at the stage. Before the MCs could get out another word, the five kids joined in on the celebration, causing the whole audience to laugh. Sunggyu looked up and saw that they were on the screen at that moment.

“Looks like Infinite's excited! As expected from them. I missed this energy! They're really a great group of people,” Eun Young said, nodding her head. “Anyway, please give it up for ICEE!”

The whole arena erupted in cheers as the lights went out. Sunggyu could hear Kang Re freaking out, and watched as Hoya stood up and grabbed him in his hands. Sungjong had their daughter in his arms, keeping her from going wild. The other three kids just continued to run around. Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Dongwoo and Baby Soul didn't seem to care.

Music started playing and lights started flashing everywhere. This excited Dongwoo's son, Jaehwa, as Jaehwa started jumping even more and clapping his hands to the beat. Sungjun joined him, laughing and dancing to the music. Sunggyu just shook his head at them and watched the stage. The lights showed dark silhouettes of all seven boys staring at the ground.

The lights became lighter to actually show expressions on the boys, but it was still a dark lighting. Kyle and Woosoon started dancing together, followed by Kang Son and Dong Moon, then Kwang Soo and Hongchul, then they opened up and Jang had a small dance solo. The group came together to do their group dance. Sunggyu glanced over at Hoya, who was smiling proudly. Sunggyu then realized that it was Hoya who came up with that dance.

“Girl, why are you so lonely?” Kang Son said in perfect English.

Woosoon then started singing, causing Woohyun to spazz in his seat. Sunggyu just rolled his eyes and continued to cheer his son on. There was already a lot of fan chants, which made Sunggyu super proud of his boys. After a while, Kyle stared rapping and Woohyun started spazzing all over again. Hoya started laughing at Woohyun, rolling his eyes at him.

When the song ended, Woohyun jumped out of his seat and started cheering loudly. This caused all the kids to go crazy once again. Soon the whole group was out of their seats, cheering the boys on. Woosoon winked at them and threw one of his father's signature hearts at them. Sunggyu had to keep himself from laughing at the boy's actions.

When Music Bank finally ended, the whole group charged back stage to ICEE's dressing room. Sungyeol was the first to burst through, with his two kids and Myungsoo right behind him. Then everyone else came in, pulling all of the boys in to a tight hug. It turned in to a large group hug with many shouts and laughs coming from everyone. The group started shifting, jumping in circles.

“Oppa! Oppa!” Misun's voice was heard. “Oppa! You're squishing me!”

“Oh, sorry!” Kyle was heard saying. “Myungsoo samchon, you're standing on my foot!”

“Ah, sorry,” Myungsoo said. “Sungyeol, stop digging in to my side!”

“Aright, let's get out of the hug,” Sunggyu suggested, trying to get out himself.

“This is wild!” Dongwoo cried, laughing loudly.

“Yeah it is,” Woohyun agreed as everyone was finally free. “Great job boys.”

“Thanks,” the seven cried, bowing together. “Thanks for coming to see us!”

“Always boys, always,” Hoya said, grinning as everyone agreed. “Besides, all of us are one happy family.”


A/N Haha, this is a longer chapter than I usually write! I hope you're enjoying it, lol. When Infinite and ICEE come together... chaos! Thanks for reading and subscribing!! I love you all <3