Past Part Two 2020

My Son is An Idol

It was Infinite's 10th year anniversary, and the boys were celebrating hard. That morning they had a google hangout with their fans, who were more than happy to talk to them. Now it was about seven at night and everyone was calming down. Hyoan, who was crowned Woosoon and Kyle's godfather, took the two to latte world. They figured the boys would enjoy that.

Woohyun and Sunggyu stumbled out of the dorm, wanting to get away from the others for once. Woohyun had something special in mind for that night anyway. He didn't want any of the others getting in his way. Nothing could ruin this night for him. He was going to go to all extremes to get this done.

Rain was falling, causing Woohyun to stare up at the sky with a sigh. He let out a deep sigh, before grabbing Sunggyu's hand and pulling him away. They walked to the icecream shop down the street. Woohyun believed icecream would be the perfect start to their special night. For some reason, he just found icecream to be magical or something like that.

So is this the big surprise you had planned for me tonight?” Sunggyu asked as they walked in to the icecream shop. “Just icecream?”

No hyung,” Woohyun replied, shaking his head. “This is only part of it. What I am planning is after this.”

So we just went to get icecream for the fun of it?” Sunggyu asked, grinning at his boyfriend.

No, because icecream is sweet! It's our anniversary, so we need to icecream to celebrate,” Woohyun replied as he ordered two strawberry icecreams.

You and your icecream,” Sunggyu said with a laugh, paying for the two icecreams.

Hyung, I was going to do that,” Woohyun said, pouting.

Oh stop whining,” Sunggyu stated, rolling his eyes.

But I wanted to pay for you,” Woohyun replied, still pouting.

Don't worry about it, bud,” Sunggyu replied, grabbing the two icecreams. “You have plenty of chances to do so later.”

Okay,” Woohyun said, grabbing his icecream. “Now hurry! The sun is setting!”

How can you tell with this rain?” Sunggyu asked him, frowning.

I just can! Let's go!” Woohyun cried.

Woohyun rushed out of the shop with a skip in his step. Sunggyu laughed and ran after him and the rain splattered across his face. Woohyun dragged him over to the park, pulling him towards a very familiar tree. At that moment, the two became very oblivious to everything around them. They even failed to notice the two fans who had been stalking behind them and were now hiding in the bushes right behind them.

Sunggyu hyung?” Woohyun asked as soon as they finished the icecream. The sun was almost on the horizon, and the rain was falling harder. “Do you remember this exact spot?”

Of course I do,” Sunggyu said, looking at his boyfriend. “This is where we found Woosoon.”

Not just that,” Woohyun said, shaking his head.

Really?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

Really,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head. “This is the same tree we shared our first lunch box together after Infinite debuted and we became friends. After we debuted as Infinite V, we had wine together under this tree as a celebration.”

Then this tree,” Sunggyu said, looking up at it. “This is where you... Where you asked me out for our first date... And soon after, this is where we shared our first kiss...”

Exactly,” Woohyun said. “It's the 5th year anniversary of us being a couple, as well as Infinite's 10th year anniversary.”

Which makes today amazing,” Sunggyu said, grinning at his boyfriend.

Do you know why I know this is our tree?” Woohyun asked, running his hand down the bark.

Why's that?” Sunggyu asked, staring at his boyfriend.

Cause I carved in it,” Woohyun said as he removed his hand, showing an old carving.

When did you do this?” Sunggyu asked, running his hand down the carving.

The night we got together,” Woohyun replied, before pointing at the horizon. “Look over there. Your night is just about to get better.”

Sunggyu turned to the horizon, just as the sun finally set and the rain slowly died down. Fireworks started going off, causing Sunggyu's eyes to widen in surprise. He turned to Woohyun, who was focused on watching the fireworks. Sunggyu grinned and leaned his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. Woohyun wrapped his arms around Sunggyu's waist, pulling him closer.

Saranghae,” he whispered, just as a heart appeared in the sky with that exact word.

You're so cheesy,” Sunggyu replied, shyly hiding his face in Woohyun's shirt.

Hyung, I really love you,” Woohyun whispered as soon as the fireworks finished up.

Woohyun suddenly unattached himself from Sunggyu. He knelt down on one knee, staring right into Sunggyu's eyes. Sunggyu's heart started beating faster as he held eye contact with him. Woohyun gave him the biggest smile as he placed his hand in his pocket. Sunggyu's breath hitched as Woohyun pulled out a small box.

Kim Sunggyu,” Woohyun breathed out as he opened the box, admitting a ring. “I love you oh so much. I want to live the rest of my life with you. Please, will you marry me?”

Woohyun,” Sunggyu whispered, wrapping his arms around Woohyun's neck with shaky hands. “Y-yes! Yes! I'll marry you!”

Thank you,” Woohyun breathed out, pulling Sunggyu into a deep kiss as the rain continued pouring, making everything seem even more special.

Without their knowing, a camera went off, capturing their moment. Little did they know was that their career was about to be over.

Sunggyu woke up with a groan as his phone went off. He sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes, glaring at the small device. He looked around and found Woohyun sitting up as well, staring right at him. Woosoon and Kyle were in a deep sleep, not seeming to care about the noise going around them. Woohyun watched him curiously as Sunggyu picked up his phone.

A-annyeonghaseyo?” he asked in to the phone, not even caring to look at the caller id.

KIM SUNGGYU! GET YOUR OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!” the voice of his boss shouted through the phone.

Sunggyu's eyes widened in surprise as he looked over at Woohyun. Never once had his boss yelled at him like this. He sounded like he was very angry. Sunggyu didn't know what he did to make his boss this angry. He didn't even see his boss yesterday to do anything to him.

S-sajangnim, w-what's wrong?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

Get. Over. Here. Now,” the boss hissed. “Bring Woohyun with you. I need to talk to the both of you.”

N-neh,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head as the line ended. “Woohyun, he seems really mad. We need to go see him. Hurry and get dressed.”

Right,” Woohyun replied, standing up.

The two of them together got dressed and then rushed out of the house. They yelled at Dongwoo, who was sitting in the living room, to take care of the boys for them. Outside, they were greeted by crowds and crowds of people, which included fans, anti-fans and many many reporters. Sunggyu's and Woohyun's eyes widened in surprise as they turned to each other. It was almost impossible to get through this crowd.

Woohyun, Sunggyu!” Hyoan called, squeezing through the crowd to get to them. “Hurry.”

He grabbed Sunggyu's wrist, and Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun's as they pushed through the crowd. Many people reached out and attacked the two of them, causing them to groan in pain. People kept scratching and hitting them as the two finally made it to the van. Woohyun quickly closed the door before letting out deep breaths. He looked over at Sunggyu in surprise, wondering what all of that was about.

Hyung, you're bleeding,” Woohyun whispered, bringing his hand up to touch Sunggyu's cheek.

Really?” Sunggyu asked, watching as Hyoan got in to the car. “Hyung, what's going on?”

Someone filming your date from last night,” Hyoan said as he started the car and drove away.

L-like the whole thing?” Woohyun asked, glancing at Sunggyu.

From the icecream shop, to your kiss after your marriage proposal,” Hyoan replied, nodding his head. “They uploaded the whole thing online. It's all over the web right now.”

W-what?” Sunggyu asked with wide eyes. “T-there was someone following us?”

I could have sworn we were alone the whole time,” Woohyun replied, shaking his head with tears in his eyes. “H-hyung, what does this mean?”

I... I don't know boys. I'm truly sorry this happened,” Hyoan said, turning out of the parking lot and heading towards the company building. “I guess you'll have to see what Lee Jungyeop will say. I don't think he's going to be harsh on you. But now that everyone knows, how you were treated right now is how you're going to be treated for quite a long time.”

This is bad, this is really bad,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head repeatedly.

D-did we... Did we ruin Infinite?” Woohyun asked, staring at his hands.

I don't know... I just... Don't know,” Hyoan replied, causing the whole car to fall into silence.

Nobody dared to speak for the rest of the ride. Once they made it to the company building, Hyoan drove around to the back so they wouldn't be attacked by anyone. Luckily the coast was clear and Woohyun and Sunggyu jumped out. They rushed inside, successfully making it without getting attacked. Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun's hand and squeezed it in assurance, before leading him up to their CEO's office.

We're here, sir,” Sunggyu said, quietly, as he and Woohyun walked into the room, bowing repeatedly to him.

Please have a seat,” their boss said, gesturing to the chairs in front of his desk.

Woohyun and Sunggyu silently sat down, refusing to look their boss in the eyes. Woohyun played with the rim of his shirt, trying to distract his mind. Beside him, Sunggyu picked up a tissue and started wiping off his face. He then grabbed a new tissue and cleaned up whatever was on Woohyun's face. Neither of them dared to speak.

Boys,” Jungyeop said with a sigh. “I do want to congratulate you on your wedding proposal. I'm happy for you. But you do know what this means, right? I'm very disappointed in you that you didn't notice someone was following you. I'm pretty sure you lost about more than half of your fans out there because of this act.”

W-what? R-really?” Woohyun asked, slowly looking up at him.

Woohyun, homouality is a major issue right now. You got hurt out there, didn't you?” Jungyeop asked them.

They wouldn't stop attacking his,” Sunggyu replied, shaking his head.

That just proves how against people are about homouality,” Jungyeop told him. “I wish the world wasn't like that, but that's just how it is. That's why we told you to always be careful when I found out the two of you got together. We didn't want this to happen.”

S-so... What does this mean?” Sunggyu asked, frowning. “Does that mean... that we ruined Infinite?”

That's up to you,” Jungyeop said with a sigh. “I don't know what you'll decide, but this could very well be the end of Infinite.”

We don't want to hurt Infinite. Those boys are our family. We would never want to hurt them,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “But Woohyun, I'm not going to let him go, either... What if we...”

What if we break away from the group. I mean... It would be very heartbreaking... for all of us, but it...” Woohyun said, looking down with tears in his eyes.

It's the only choice we have,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “It will protect us, and it will protect our boys. It will protect Infinite, if they decide to go on without us.”

Boys, I don't want you to leave,” Jungyeop said with a sigh. “This is going to be as hard on me as it is on the both of you.”

We'll make the announcement this afternoon,” Sunggyu said, refusing to look at anyone in the room as tears started falling down his cheeks.

Boys, I wish you could stay,” Jungyeop told them.

This is hurting us way too much,” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “If this is only the beginning, everyone's going to be more vicious towards us. I don't... I don't think either of us can handle that.”

I understand that,” Jungyeop said, nodding his head as tears also formed in his eyes. Woohyun and Sunggyu had never seen their boss cry. “Boys, I'm so sorry.”

It was our own choice,” Sunggyu said, wiping his own tears, but that didn't stop them from coming. “This is how it's going to be.”

The Infinite members ran up to Sunggyu and Woohyun as they looked out at the press who was gathered around them. They heard about the news and the scandal itself. They wanted to stop Woohyun and Sunggyu from doing this more than anything. They would protect the two from the public, from the press. They didn't want these two to leave them.

Annyeonghaseyo,” Sunggyu said with a sad smile, bowing to the press along with Woohyun. “I guess we should tell you about our relationship.”

Sunggyu and I are in fact engaged right now,” Woohyun said, nodding his head. “And we were dating for five years.”

Guys, wait!” Dongwoo cried, but Sunggyu held his hand out to him.

What we're going to tell you all right now... It really breaks the both of our hearts, but it has to happen... Woohyun and I... We're leaving Infinite,” Sunggyu said, bowing his head and trying to keep in the tears. “We know Infinite will get hurt if we stay in the group. We want to protect them more than anything. Those five boys our our family, and we can't risk the possibility of them getting hurt because of us.”

Also, we don't want to get hurt anymore as well,” Woohyun said, tears finally overflowing as he closed his eyes and bit his bottom lip. “So Sunggyu and I... We're going to leave and go far away. We're going to take our kids, Kyle and Woosoon, with us so that they can live a normal life.”

We're sorry,” Sunggyu said, taking Woohyun's hand while the two bowed once again. “I want to thank everyone for their support for all these years. We truly love every single one of our fans and we hope they live well. This... This is our goodbye.”

B-bye,” Woohyun choked out, before breaking out in loud sobs and hugging Sunggyu tightly to himself.

You guys can't leave...” Sungyeol said quietly, walking up to them. “W-we're not complete without you.”

I'm sorry,” Sunggyu said again as he continued to hug Woohyun.

If they're leaving Infinite, then so am I,” Hoya said, looking at the crowd. “I know all our fans will be heartbroken because of this, but Infinite is not Infinite without Sunggyu and Woohyun. We're not complete, and I would never allow myself to be called an Infinite member without the recognition of them. We'll only ever truly be happy together if Infinite is all together.”

If they're leaving, then I'm leaving,” Sungjong said confidently, taking a step to stand next to Hoya.

Me too,” Sungyeol said, nodding his head and standing next to him.

I... If everyone else is leaving, then so am I,” Myungsoo agreed, also coming to stand next to them.

I'm not going to do a solo alone,” Dongwoo said confidently and grabbed Sunggyu's hand, pulling him out of the hug.

Sunggyu, Woohyun and Dongwoo joined the other four, and together they joined hands. Each of them did a deep 90 degrees bow, keeping a straight face. The only ones that were completely broken were Sunggyu and Woohyun. It hurt them more that the five were quitting Infinite for their sake. That choice just tore their hearts to shred.

Dongwoo connected everyone in to a group hug, refusing to let anyone go. Soon all seven of them were crying as they shuffled off the stage. Sunggyu suddenly sunk down to the ground, causing everyone to break apart. Woohyun knelt down next to him, taking his hands in his own. He kissed them repeatedly, before looking Sunggyu in the eyes.

And then... then there was no more Infinite,” Sunggyu whispered, shaking his head.

There will always be Infinite,” Dongwoo said, looking at all his group members. “As long as we're always friends and we're always together, we'll still be Infinite.”

But it won't be the same,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head.

But we're still together,” Hoya stated. “Forever.”


A/N That last part was just so heart breaking when I wrote it... Sorry for the angst, but I had to let you know how they ended. Buuut, as you know, they're starting again!

Thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing and yeah! I love you all <3