Ch. 11

My Son is An Idol

“ICEE, I’d like you boys to come into the CEO’s office,” the boys’ new manager, Kim Sunghyun, said as he walked into the dancing room where the boys were sitting.

“What now, hyung?” Kyle whined, looking up at the brotherly figure he grew up with. “Can’t we rest for just a little bit?”

“The CEO requests to see you. It’s time to discuss your collaboration with our Appas,” Sunghyun replied. “Now let’s go!”

“Oh!” Woosoon cried as he and Kang Son jumped up together. “I’ve been waiting for this! So we get to decide what subunits we’re in?”

“We’ll just have to see,” Sunghyun said with a sigh. “C’mon boys.”

“You heard him,” Kwang soo said, standing up and heading towards the door. “Let’s go!”

“Yeah! Let’s go!” all the boys shouted as they rushed out of the room after Kwang soo.

Mere seconds later, they found themselves outside the door the the CEO’s office. Kwang soo softly knocked on the door, and the CEO muttered a soft come in from the inside. The seven then rushed inside, finding Infinite already sitting inside. Woosoon grinned widely and ran over to Woohyun, plopping himself on top of his father’s neck. The CEO was just smiling at them, until Sunggyu gestured for him to talk.

“Well, I guess now it’s time to discuss the groups,” the CEO stated. “I have already figured out who will be in each subunit and what your group names will be.”

“Whose group am I in?!” Woosoon asked, bouncing up and down excitedly on his father’s lap.

“Woosoon, calm down,” Woohyun said with a sigh. “Behave yourself, araso?”

“Neh, Daddy,” Woosoon replied, nodding his head and turning back to the CEO with a small pout. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay, Woosoon-ah,” the CEO said with a small laugh. “So Infinite H, Hoya and Dongwoo, will have Dongmoon and Jang Yeop in their group. The group name will be H-4, since their will be four of you in the original Infinite H group.”

“I get to be in Hoya Sunbaenim’s group?” Dongmoon asked with wide eyes. “That is... SO COOL! Hyung, we’re with Hoya Sungbaenim!”

“Yes we are,” Jang said, laughing and shaking his head at his dongsaeng.

“The next group,” the boss continued, “will be Infinite F, Sungyeol, Sungjong and Myungsoo, with Kyle, Woosoon and Kangson. Your-”

“I don’t get to be with my Daddy?” Woosoon asked, pouting. “Why can’t I be with him?”

“Because we will have a unit for your family,” his boss said with a sigh. “We need to split you up just a little so that you could sing with your family in the fourth subunit.”

“Will Misun be joining us?” Woosoon asked once again.

“Well, her audition is next week. We’ll see how it goes. If she passes, then yes, she will be singing with you guys,” the CEO replied. “Now anyway, you guys will be called Babiez, since each of you are the maknaes of your groups. And the final group will be Infinite V, Sunggyu and Woohyun, with Kwang Soo and Hong Chul. You will be called Double I, or II, since we’re combining Infinite and ICEE, so we’re taking the I’s from the two names.”

“Sounds good to me,” Sunggyu said with a smile.

“Yeah, I’m fine with that,” Woohyun agreed, looking at his two new group members and nodding at them.

“So I decided on the songs and concepts for each group,” the CEO continued. “I know I let Infinite choose their songs for their upcoming album, but I decided I should do it differently this time around. Babiez will have an adventurous concept, just like the whole group will all together. Your title song will be called Dream Land. Then your next song will be called Polkadot, which was written by Sungyeol. I felt like it would fit perfectly with your concepts, so-”

“YES!! YOU PICKED MY SONG!” Sungyeol cheered loudly. “I GET TO SING BOTH OF MY SONGS!”

“You know who else’s song we’re singing?” Sungjong asked, looking at the ICEE boys.

“Whose?” Kangson asked, smiling fondly up at the Infinite maknae.

“Woosoon’s song,” Sungjong replied, causing Woosoon to practically fall off his father’s lap in surprise.

“WHAT?!” Woosoon cried, looking at Woohyun and Sunggyu. “Why didn’t you guys tell me?!”

“It was SUPPOSED to be a surprise,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, glaring at his maknae. “But since you know, it will be our title track. We’re also singing two of Kwangsoo’s songs. But anyway, let’s get back to what the CEO was saying.”

“Thank you, Sunggyu,” the CEO said, nodding at Sunggyu. “Now anyway, the next song will be called Just You and I. It will have a drama feel to it, making it a little softer than the other two songs. And finally, the last song, will be called Korean Song. It will also be a softer song, but I know it will fit the six of you just fine.”

“That sounds SO COOL!” Sungyeol cried excitedly, nodding his head enthusiastically. “This will be so much fun!”

“Yes it will,” the CEO said with a laugh. “Now anyway, H-4 will have more of a mysterious, light theme. Your group will have a hip hop feel, like most of Infinite H’s songs. Your first song, like the theme, will be called Mysterious. The next one will be called Nothing Replaces. The third is mainly a ballad, but it has a small rap part in the middle of the song, and it’s called Roadside Story. Your last song will be full of rap. It was written by Dongwoo, and it’s called Justification. I’ve heard both Dongmoon and Jang rap, so I know that the both of you guys will do perfectly fine with this song. Is that okay with the two of you?”

“Totally!” Dongmoon cried, nodding his head repeatedly.

“Yes, I’m fine with that’s fine with me,” Jang said with a soft smile.

“Okay, perfect,” the CEO replied with a pleased sigh. “Next will be II. You four will have a darker feel, most of the songs being very angsty. With Hongchul’s deep rapping voice and the rest of your guys’ smooth vocals, I think it will fit the theme just perfectly. Your title song will be called Ghost Story, and the following song will be called Maybe Next Time. Followed by that will be a song called Enough and your final song will be a little lighter. It will be called August Rain. Are you guys okay with that?”

“I’m PERFECT with that!” Woohyun replied, nodding his head. “My song is in there! And so is Gyu hyung’s!”

“What song is your’s?” Sunggyu asked, turning on his husband.

“Maybe Next Time,” Woohyun told him.

“Of course it is,” Sunggyu replied, shaking his head.

“Which song is your’s, Appa?” Woosoon asked, turning to look at his father.

“Mine is Enough,” Sunggyu told his son.

“Oh, okay,” Woosoon replied, nodding his head. “Kyle, isn’t that a cool song?”

“It’s a typical song he would write,” Kyle stated, shrugging his shoulders.

“So now that brings us to the songs all of you will be singing together. The album will be called Adventure Time, but your title song will be called Enter our Tunnel. Adventure Time will be the second song you’ll sing, and the third will be called Follow the Leader,” the CEO told them. “Your group name will be called Icefinite, and Sunggyu will be the leader of the whole group. Woohyun wrote Adventure Time and Enter our Tunnel, while Sunggyu wrote Follow the Leader.”

“Yay! All of our daddies’ songs!” Woosoon cheered happily, clapping hands with his brother.

“Now the last subunit will be the Nam Family. I let Woohyun choose the songs for the family, but he had no idea who wrote any of the songs,” the CEO continued. “It’s time to reveal them. The first song is called Home, which was written by Sunggyu. The next two songs were called Little Boy and Climb Your Heart, which both were written by Kyle.”

“Little Boy...” Woosoon whispered, looking at his brother with teary eyes. “Wasn’t that the song you wrote about when we first met?”

“It is,” Kyle replied, smiling at his hyung. “Thank you Daddy for choosing my songs.”

“I didn’t know they were your’s,” Woohyun replied, scratching the back of his head with an awkward smile. “But I’m glad I did.”

“Now, I’ll have to tell you the next plan of business,” the CEO yet again continued. “In the next four weeks, I need each of you to record your songs and learn the dances. Once that is finished, the three groups will go to three different countries: America, Japan and China. I don’t know who will be going where. You’ll draw the place you’ll go to. For the next two months, we’ll be focusing on the subunits. Infinite will be preparing their comeback in the next month as well. Hopefully for Infinite, we’ll have everything recorded and filmed. When we get back from the trips, then Infinite will come back. I’m planning the trips to be ten days long. In that time, you will be filming your music videos. Once you come back, the last two weeks will be focused on photo shoots and perfecting the other three songs.

“So Infinite, your comeback will be in seven weeks from now, let’s say. After that, even though you’ll be promoting and everything, you’ll also be preparing for the full group and for the Nam Family unit. In four months I plan for Icefinite to debut. It will be hectic and I know you all will have to do a lot to get all of this done, but it will be definitely worth it. Are you guys ready for that?”

“Yes sir!” everyone cried, bowing to him.

“I’m planning on making this into a dvd and everything. We’re going to be filming a show for the Icefinite project. Please be prepared. From now on, you’ll be split into your different groups for preparation. It’s going to be crazy for Infinite, so I want you guys here earlier in the day like around six so we can work with you, and then we’ll let you go at noon and have an hour break before coming back. From one till eight we’ll have you guys working with your subunits. We’ll give you one days’ break so you guys can all be re-energized,” the CEO told them. “Is that okay with everyone?”

“Yes sir!” everyone cried once again.

“Alright then, you’re dismissed,” the CEO said, before standing up and leaving the room, followed by everyone else.

 

A/N Soooo.... It's been a while... And I genuinely apologize.. I keep saying I'll update soon, and I never do. So I won't make promises that I'll update soon, but I definitely will try. Life has been hectic for me. For one thing, my computer doesn't work as well. It rarely goes on the internet for me, which makes it harder to update. It also loads very very slow. And I have a billion other fanfics, which I regret, lol, cause then I have way too much to update and I forget the others. But here we are, I'm here! And my birthday was last week!! XD Oh, AND LOVELYZ RELEASED THEIR MUSIC VIDEO!!!! AND INFINITE F IS DEBUTING!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! The fun will soon begin! XD