Ch. 28

My Son is An Idol

“Woosoon, your phone has been ringing for hours,” Kyle whined, turning on his brother with a frown on his face. “Aren’t you going to answer it?”

“No,” Woosoon said, shaking his head. “Myungsoo hyung, can we get back to practice?”

“Why don’t you want to answer your phone?” Kyle asked, pouting. “It’s got to be something important.”

“It’s nothing important,” Woosoon said, shaking his head. “Myungsoo hyung!”

“Yes, Woosoon, we can get back to practice,” Myungsoo said with a sigh. “Sungjong, where did Sungyeol and Kangson go?”

“Yeol is YOUR husband,” Sungjong said, rolling his eyes. “You should know where he went.”

“How should I know where he went?” Myungsoo asked, frowning.

“I’ll go get them,” Woosoon said, storming out of the room.

Kyle sighed and walked over to Woosoon’s bag as soon as he brother was out of the room. He had to see what was going on and what his brother was so afraid about. He glanced around the room to find Myungsoo’s and Sungjong’s backs turned before taking his brother’s phone out and looking at the missed calls. They were all from Woosoon’s mother. Kyle glanced around again before sneaking out of the room with the phone.

He made a run for it as soon as he was out of the room. Once he made it outside, he typed in his brother’s password and scrolled down to the woman’s phone number. Biting his lip, Kyle glanced around again before pressing call on the phone. He had to do something for his brother. With one last sigh, he placed the phone to his ear.

“Hello?!” a voice asked anxiously into the phone after a couple rings.

“Miss Choon Hee?” Kyle asked into the phone. “Um hi, this is Kyle Nam... Woosoon’s brother.”

“Kyle? Is something wrong?” the woman asked, worriedly.

“No, nothing’s wrong,” Kyle said, shaking his head before realizing she could see what he was doing. “Um, anyway, I think... I think my brother is afraid to talk to you. He... He’s had a history of being abandoned... He doesn’t want you to leave him or hurt him. He’s... He’s happy now. And if you want him to be happy to, you’ll wait for him to contact you. Stop continuously calling him, please. It’s driving him crazy. He needs space. When he’s ready, he’ll talk to you. We’re already inviting you to our showcase and everything. Isn’t that enough for you?! You’ve never been a part of his life and then suddenly you appear just like that! He needs time to breath, to think.”

“Kyle? What are you doing?” a voice suddenly asked, causing Kyle to jump and look up to find his dad walking over to him. “Who are you talking to?”

“Dad,” Kyle said, sighing and letting Woohyun sit down next to him. “I’m trying to protect Woosoon.”

“Kyle,” Woohyun said, pulling Kyle into a hug. Kyle hung up the phone before hugging Woohyun back, tears filling his eyes. “You’re scared, aren’t you?”

“I don’t want to lose my brother,” Kyle whispered, allowing himself to cry into his father’s chest. “I don’t want hyung to go away.”

“Woosoon will always be here, Kyle,” Woohyun assured him, hugging him tightly. “He’s never going to leave us. I’m not going to allow that. If she wants to try and take him from us, I’m going to fight for it. Besides, I have the legal rights as a father to keep my son. She’s the one who abandoned him and has never been in his life. Despite being his birth mother, she has no chance of winning against us. Besides, I doubt Woosoon would ever leave us.”

“Just... Can’t she tell he needs space?” Kyle asked, looking up at Woohyun. “Woosoon needs space. She needs to stop calling him until he’s ready to talk.”

“I agree,” Woohyun said with a deep sigh. “But what can we do? We-”

“WHAT THE HELL, KYLE NAM?!”  a voice shouted, causing Woohyun and Kyle to look up and find Woosoon stomping over to them and snatching his phone out of his brother’s hands. “Just because I won’t answer MY phone doesn’t mean YOU can! You’re invading my privacy! You might be my brother and all, but what gives you the right to snoop into my life?! This is MY personal life! You can’t just BUDGE RIGHT ON IN!”

“Woosoon,” Kyle said with wide eyes, staring up at his brother in surprise. “I was just trying to-”

“I don’t care WHAT you were TRYING to do!” Woosoon shouted. “Leave my life alone!”

“FINE!” Kyle shouted, jumping up. “I’m sorry that I CARE about you! I just wanted you to be safe! I didn’t want to LOSE  you! You’re my big BROTHER! Maybe you forgot now that you have a new family. I guess you don’t need me anymore!”

“Kyle,” Woohyun said, trying to take his youngest son’s hand, but Kyle just pulled away and run off with tears running down his cheeks, leaving Woohyun and Woosoon behind, shocked.

 

...

 

“God, where can Kyle be?!” Sunggyu asked, pacing back and forth. “How could you let your son run off like that, Nam Woohyun?!”

"I'm sorry, okay!" Woohyun shouted. "I had TWO sons to deal with! Kyle ran off, yes, but I couldn't let Woosoon break down! Then we would have TWO missing kids!"

"What the hell even happened?" Dongmoon asked with bloodshot eyes, thanks to all the crying he's been doing. "This isn't like Kyle! He doesn't run away from a fight with Woosoon!"

"I... I pretty much... kicked him out of my life," Woosoon whispered from the other side of the room, where Hongchul was holding him in a hug. "I didn't mean it. I would never mean that. He's my baby brother. I love him so much. “

“God, you’re so stupid!” Dongmoon shouted in anger. “Why would you do that?!”

“Dongmoon, settle down,” Kwangsoo said, placing his hand on the boy’s shoulder. “He didn’t mean it.”

“We all know Woosoon wouldn’t intentionally hurt Kyle,” Jang said, shaking his head.

“He was just angry,” Woohyun said with a deep sigh. “I need to find Kyle.”

“But where would he be?” Sunggyu asked again with a groan. “And where is the rest of our group?!”

“They’re all still going over our albums,” Kangson said, quietly. “They said they’ll keep working while we look for Kyle so that we don’t fall behind and get in trouble.”

“Have you tried calling him?” Kwangsoo asked, looking around at everyone.

“Yes,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “And found his phone in the dance studio. We have no way of contacting him.”

“Did you try looking at your house?” Jang asked, looking up at the father.

“...No,” Sunggyu said, suddenly stumped. “Could he... Be there?”

“We have to try,” Woohyun said, getting up. “Jang, Kwangsoo... Can you two and Kangson and Dongmoon go to Misun’s and see if he went there?”

“Definitely,” Kwangsoo said, getting up. “Come on guys, let’s go.”

“And you two will come with Sunggyu and I,” Woohyun said, pointing at Woosoon and Hongchul. “Come on.”

“Do you really think he’s going to be there?” Hongchul asked as the group made their way out of the building and straight to Sunggyu’s car.

“We have to try. We hope he’s there, but there’s no way to be sure,” Sunggyu replied, unlocking the door to his car. “If he’s not there, I have no idea where he would be.”

“It’s all my fault,” Woosoon whispered, staring at the floor and barely watching where he was going. If Hongchul wasn’t there, he would have run into something already.

“Stop saying that,” Sunggyu ordered his son. “It is NOT your fault, Nam Woosoon.”

“How could it not be my fault?” Woosoon asked, looking up at his father. “I’m the one who said those nasty words to him! Because of what I said, he ran off!”

“Woosoon, Kyle will be okay,” Hongchul said, hugging his boyfriend. “Stop worrying. We’ll find him.”

“I wanna find him now!” Woosoon whined. “I need to apologize and make everything right again!”

“You’ll have the chance to do that,” Sunggyu told him. “We just need to find him first.”

They fell silent after that as they all crammed into the car. Sunggyu immediately started the car and they were off. Woosoon kept fidgeting in his seat, suddenly very nervous about seeing his brother again. He knew Kyle was very mad, and he didn’t know how to deal with it. Kyle could be very scary while angry.

When they made it to the house, the parents rushed out of the car while Woosoon just stood back and stared at his hands. He didn’t know what to do anymore. If Kyle was in there, he surely won’t forgive Woosoon that easily. Woosoon probably wouldn’t even forgive himself. Because of that, he was terrified. However, he knew he had to fix things.

“Are you okay, Woosoon?” Hongchul asked from next to him.

“Let’s go in,” Woosoon said, opening the door and stepping out of the car.

“Are you sure?” Hongchul asked, jumping out and running over to the other side to help his boyfriend out.

“Hyung, I need to talk to him,” Woosoon said. “If he’s in there, it’s time to fix what I said. I didn’t mean the words I told him. I don’t want him thinking that I hate him. I don’t hate him. I would never hate him.”

“I know that, Woosoon,” Hongchul said with a sigh. “Come on, let’s go get him.”

“Okay,” Woosoon said with a sigh before taking Hongchul’s hand and following him inside. “Thank you, hyung.”

“No problem, Woosoon,” Hongchul said with a smile. “I’m always here for you.”

“I know,” Woosoon said, grinning. “Let’s find my brother.”

 

A/N Ugh, I'm so so so so so so so so so so so sorry for the long wait. So much has been going on in life, and I've been soooo focused on my BTS stories =_= It's a bad excuse, I know and I'm sorry. I hope this chapter made up for it! I'm trying to get you more as soon as I can!