Ch. 23

My Son is An Idol

As all the ICEE members came out of the room, they found Sungyeol and Hoseok sitting on the ground of the kitchen with all the food Seokjin and Yoongi were working on spilt everywhere. Myungsoo was covered in broken egg shells and egg yolk, and he was glaring daggers at his husband. Seconds later, the front door opened and the two ICEE managers walked in. They both looked equally surprised as they saw everyone standing in the room. It was definitely chaos.

“What happened to dad?” Sunghyun asked, looking at his father covered in eggs.

“Ask your idiot father,” Myungsoo mumbled, glaring holes at Sungyeol.

“Dad, just go take a shower,” Sunghyun told Myungsoo, trying not to laugh as he walked over to him. “Who are all these people here?”

“BTS!” Woosoon cheered, being pushed in his wheelchair by his brother.

“Oh, that group you danced to and idolized?” Sunghyun asked, looking at Woosoon.

“Yeah, them,” Kyle said, nodding his head. “So uh... What’s for breakfast?”

“Ask them,” Seokjin said, pointing at Hoseok and Sungyeol, who were still sitting on the ground. “They ruined the breakfast.”

“We were just trying to help, hyung,” Hoseok said with a frown.

“Well, you helping ruined it all,” Yoongi said, frowning.

“I’ll order something,” Woohyun said, walking into the room. “We should have a welcome home feast for Woosoon and Hongchul anyway. And since Woosoon is my son, I’ll treat everyone.”

“And with whose money?” Sunggyu asked, crossing his arms and turning on Woohyun.

“Our’s,” Woohyun said, shrugging his shoulders. “Come on, hyung. He’s our son! Do it for our son!”

“Alright,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “So how many people are there?”

“Well, since Sunghyun hyung and Junhae hyung came, there’s twenty three people,” Kang son said, looking around the room.

“But why is everyone here?” Junhae asked. “It’s way too crowded in here and hard to move around in.”

“Well, we invited BTS to come as a present for Woosoon and Hongchul,” Kyle said.

“And then Hongchul had to go rest without even talking to BTS,” Kwangsoo added. “So we invited them to sleep over.”

“And then Infinite came this morning,” Jang continued, “cause Sunggyu had to talk to us. It’s about our collaboration project. We’re gonna start it off with a reality show.”

“Oh, right, I was wondering who was going to tell you guys about that,” Junhae said, nodding his head. “It said you guys just make it up as you go.”

“Kinda like those Diary shows?” Woosoon asked in excitement. “I always wanted to do want of those!”

“Sure, like that,” Sunggyu said, nodding at his son.

“How about we take this to the park,” Junhae said with a sigh. “There’s too many people.”

“Good luck taking the video games from those guys,” Seokjin said, pointing to the five in the living room.

“Wait, someone’s missing,” Yoongi said with a frown. “Where did Jimin and Jungkook go?”

“Hey! Kwangsoo!” Sunghyun suddenly called out. “You’re the same size as my father! Do you have any clothes he can borrow?”

“Oh, neh, manager-nim,” Kwangsoo said, before walking out of the room to get the clothes.

“Everyone!” Sunggyu called out, being the oldest in the room and figuring he should take charge. “Get ready! We’re going to the park as soon as the food is here.”

“What? Food?” Taehyung asked, looking up from his game. “Where?”

“That means turn off the game, Kim Taehyung,” Seokjin said, frowning at him.

“What? No way!” Taehyung cried, turning around and smashing on his buttons.

“Dongwoo, will you turn it off?” Sunggyu asked the slightly younger man who was sitting on the couch.

“Okay hyung!” Dongwoo cried, jumping up and turning off the television.

“Hey! I was winning!” Taehyung cried, staring at him in disappointment before suddenly jumping up. “Where’s Jimin hyung?!”

“He went off somewhere with Jungkook,” Hoseok said, finally getting off the floor.

“Those jerks! They ditched me!” Taehyung cried. “JIMIN! KOOKIE! GET BACK HERE!”

“Have we gone insane?” Sunggyu asked, rolling his eyes.

“What are you talking about?” Kyle asked, looking up at his father. “This is AMAZING!”

“Kyle’s right,” Dongmoon said, nodding his head. “It’s so much fun!”

“Whatever,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes and turning to Woohyun, who just got done on the phone. “Hey, where’s the extra wheelchair we brought back?”

“I put it in the shoe closet,” Woohyun told him. “Why?”

“Well, since Hongchul is still healing, we shouldn’t make him move around as much,” Sunggyu stated. “Get him the wheelchair and-”

“YESSSS!” Hongchul cheered, pumping his fist in the air. “I get to use a wheelchair!”

“This is insanity,” Sunggyu whispered, rubbing his temples. “I swear I’m going to get a headache. Alright, how about this. Seokjin, Yoongi, Kwangsoo, Kyle, Dongmoon, Hoya and Sungjong, you guys head down first. Then Hoseok, Sungyeol, Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook, Son Yeol, Junhae, Myungsoo and Sunghyun will go next.”

“You’re leaving me with the insane people?” Junhae asked, turning on Sunggyu.

“Be glad you don’t have Kyle and Dongmoon,” Sunggyu told him. “You know they’re way worse than any of them.”

“That’s true,” Junhae said, causing the two said boys to cry out in protest.

“And then Woohyun, Woosoon, Hongchul, Dongwoo, Namjoon, Jang and I will go down as soon as the food gets here,” Sunggyu concluded.

“Alright, my group, let’s go,” Seokjin ordered, leading his group out the door, Kyle and Dongmoon grabbing a frisbee on their way out.

“Where are we going?!” Jimin asked, running back into the room with Jungkook and Taehyung following him.

“To the park,” Hoseok said.

“Once Myunggie comes out, we’re leaving!” Sungyeol cheered, grinning widely at them.

“Where’d you two go, anyway?” Namjoon asked, looking at his two members.

“Just to the balcony,” Jimin said. “We were playing a game.”

“I missed most of it,” Taehyung said, pouting. “It’s so not fair! You two ditched me!”

“Why do we have thirty year olds acting like preschoolers?” Sunggyu asked with a sigh.

“You ask that all the time,” Woohyun said, throwing his arm around Sunggyu’s shoulders. “But you’re mainly talking about us.”

“That’s because you guys are trouble,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes. “Especially you, Nam Woohyun. No wonder your kids are insane.”

“Hey! I’m not insane!” Woosoon cried with wide eyes. “Only Kyle is!”

“You can get pretty crazy, son,” Sunggyu said, turning on him. “Trust me, I know.”

“But I-”

“No, you’re not as bad as your brother or your father. You and Misun are way more mature than those two,” Sunggyu assured him with a soft smile. “But you can still be pretty crazy.”

“Last night for example,” Hongchul said, grinning at his boyfriend. “When we pranked the other two.”

“Oh yeah,” Woosoon said with a small smile. “I guess I am a prankster. But it’s all because of you, hyung.”

“Whatever you say,” Hongchul said with a small laugh just as Myungsoo came out of the room.

“Yay! We can go now!” Sungyeol cheered, rushing out the door with Hoseok and the BTS maknaes.

“You’re not supposed to leave us behind!” Sunghyun cried, dragging his father, Junhae and Son Yeol out the door as he ran after them.

“Finally, peace and quiet,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, plopping down on the couch. “This place is a pig’s sty.”

“And believe it or not, it’s normally very clean,” Jang said, joining him on the couch.

“I believe it,” Sunggyu said, closing his eyes. “Those guys were a nightmare.”

“When are we going to start filming for the reality show?” Woosoon asked while Woohyun helped Hongchul into the other wheelchair.

“Maybe sometime next week,” Sunggyu said, looking over at him. “You know what, can the three of you pack some more food? Maybe we’ll just spend the day over there, since none of us are doing anything today.”

“Okay!” Hongchul cried as he and Woosoon wheeled over to the kitchen behind Woohyun.

“Oh, I invited Soojung and the kids! They’ll meet us there!” Dongwoo cried, plopping down on the couch on the other side of Jang.

“Great. More insanity. Just what we need,” Sunggyu said with a groan.

“Well, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook will just be off in their own little world,” Namjoon said. “We’ll barely have to deal with them. And I bet Hoseok will join them.”

“If Hoseok joins them, then so will Sungyeol,” Dongwoo said, nodding his head. “You’ll be okay, hyung. All the crazy people will be gone!”

“You’re forgetting my insane son,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “He’ll want to cause havoc everywhere he goes.”

“Kyle and Dongmoon will try to mess with Woosoon and Hongchul most of the time,” Jang said. “Well... And the rest of us ICEE boys.”

“I believe it,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “I expected today just to be a normal day. But look what’s it’s turned in to.”

“It’s never a normal day when you’re around ICEE,” Jang said, shaking his head. “Let me just tell you that. Being around ICEE is chaos every single day.”

“And I should know this,” Sunggyu said with a laugh. “Considering two of the boys are my own kids.”

“Food’s here!” Woohyun called from the kitchen as soon as the doorbell was heard. “Hongchul, Woosoon, can you go get it?”

“Let’s go!” Woosoon cried, taking the credit card from his father and racing off in his wheelchair with Hongchul following behind.

They opened the door and was greeted with a young man who looked just a little older than them. He was holding a box full of food, and he seemed extremely surprised to see who opened the door. He must have been a fan or something. Hongchul took the box from him while Woosoon gave him the card to swipe. The boy nervously handed back the card before bowing repeatedly and walking away.

Hongchul and Woosoon closed the door, looking at Woohyun and Sunggyu, waiting for the word that they could go. Woohyun finished packing everything in the kitchen that they were going to take and then walked over to the boys. Together everyone left the dorm and Jang locked it up behind him. They were able to catch an elevator as soon as they got there, wanting to get to the park quickly so that everyone wouldn’t cause a scene. Who knows what could happen if they weren’t there.

As Sunggyu thought, everything was chaos the second they stepped into the park. Everyone was running around, shouting and throwing frisbees at each other while kids were running in circles and yelling loudly. The second the kids saw Woosoon, they abandoned tackling Kyle and ran straight over to him. The three little boys were especially amazed to see their hyung in a wheelchair. They found it to be the coolest thing ever.

“Hyunggie, can I ride in it?” Jaehwa asked, pouting at Woosoon.

“No,” Woosoon said sternly as Sunggyu called everyone over.

“We need to talk,” Sunggyu said as everyone sat down in a large circle, all the kids sitting in the middle.

“I wanna sit on Woosoonie’s lap!” KangRe whined, ignoring Sunggyu’s speech.

“No one’s sitting on Woosoon’s lap,” Hoya said, pulling his son away. “Now calm down and let Uncle Gyu talk.”

“Alright, so we’re going to start the planning for the Icefinite variety show right now,” Sunggyu said, looking at everyone. “First we need a name for it. I’m gonna give Woosoon and Hongchul the honor of choosing it, because today is for them.”

“Really?” Woosoon asked with wide eyes, before turning on Hongchul. “What do you think, hyung?”

“I don’t know,” Hongchul said, frowning. “How about... Icefinite... No... Infinite Love For Ice!”

“That sounds like a really cool name, hyung,” Woosoon said with a wide grin. “I like that. Let’s go with that.”

“When do you guys want to start filming?” Sunggyu asked everyone, looking around.

“SOON!” everyone shouted, causing Sunggyu to nod.

“Alright, I’ll talk to the producers,” Sunggyu replied. “Now that that’s settled, should we play some games? Let’s enjoy our time with the BTS boys.”

“Yeah!” everyone cheered, jumping up and chaos resumed once again.