Ch. 21

My Son is An Idol

Introducing Woollim’s New Girl Group: STAR FISH!

Article by Lee Hyung Man

Date: August 15th, 2028

Korean press has been quite a buzz these last couple of days, all of it having to center around Woollim Entertainment and it’s new boyband, ICEE. Just recently ICEE’s Nam Woosoon has been diagnosed with kidney failure, which made him have to have a transplant. His fellow band member, also recently crowned his boyfriend, Ho Hongchul, has gratefully donated a kidney to the poor boy, causing ICEE to put all their activities on hold.

Nam Woosoon’s brother, Kyle Nam, also has some major news. He is dating no other than his band member, Kim Dongmoon. Everything in this group is just going crazy and the boys have had so much to sort out. Let’s wish these boys luck these next couple days, and also support the two new couples formed.

And on top of that, Woollim Entertainment has revealed that they will be debuting a new girl group in two months, on October 25th. This girl group consists of four girls: Nam Misun, who is also Kyle Nam and Nam Woosoon of ICEE’s younger sister; Lee Haru, Tablo of Epik High’s daughter; Korean American Haley Hwang; and Korean American Megan Yoo. Nam Misun will be the youngest idol to debut in who knows how long. She is twelve years old, however she is very talented. Her showcase was supposed to be with her fathers and brothers in a subunit that would be released in a collaboration project between ICEE and Infinite, but due to health issues stated above, that had to be put off.

This time, Woollim Entertainment will be holding a predebut reality show just for these girls called STARFISH Center, which was stated by Woollim’s CEO, Lee Jung Won. Also this morning he released concept pictures, a group teaser picture and member profile for these girls. Let’s check it out:

 


Haru Lee (18)

Birthdate: May 2nd, 2010

Height: 168 cm

Position: Leader, Lead Vocal

Blood Type: A

Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea

Education: Chungju Highschool

Favorite Color: Blue

 

Haley Hwang (16)

Birthdate: February 18th, 2012

Height: 168 cm

Position: Visual, Lead Rapper

Blood Type: A

Birthplace: Aurora, Colorado USA

Education: Denver East Highschool, Chungju Highschool

Favorite Color: Yellow

 

Megan Yoo (14)

Birthdate: June 10th, 2014

Height: 165 cm

Position: Main Vocal

Blood Type: AB

Birthplace: New York, New York, USA

Education: Woonam Highschool

Favorite Color: Red

 

Nam Misun (12)

Birthdate: October 13th, 2016

Height: 160 cm

Position: Maknae, Main Rapper, Sub Vocal

Blood Type: A

Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea

Education: Dankook Middle School

Favorite Color: Light Blue


 

“I can’t believe they’re debuting so soon,” Woosoon said, setting down his tablet.

“They’ll be fine,” Hongchul said, finishing packing his bag. “I’m so glad we’re getting out of this dang room.”

“It does feel nice, doesn’t it?” Woosoon asked with a small smile.

“Too bad you’ll have to be stuck in a wheelchair for a while,” Hongchul said with a frown.

“I’ll survive, hyung,” Woosoon said, rolling his eyes. “When will they be here to pick us up?”

“Not for a couple hours,” Hongchul replied, walking over to Woosoon’s bed and sitting on the edge. “How are you feeling?”

“Like a ten ton truck hit me ten times over,” Woosoon stated. “I’m in so much pain. I now understand what you meant when you said you felt like you were going to die. It’s cool not puking every ten minutes and everything, but that totally beats what I’m feeling right now.”

“So has your body been rejecting my kidney?” Hongchul asked, aimlessly playing with Woosoon’s fingers.

“The doctor says it’s not,” Woosoon replied, shrugging his shoulders. “I don’t know what it would feel like if my body were to reject it, but I think everything will be fine.”

“I’m so glad this is all over with,” Hongchul said with a deep sigh. “You being sick. These surgeries. It’s all done and we can finally go home. I’m so happy.”

“Yeah, me too,” Woosoon replied as their room’s door opened. “It feels great to not be sick anymore.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” a voice said, causing the two to look up and find Woohyun and Sunggyu walking towards them.

“Dad? Appa? Why are you guys here?” Woosoon asked in surprise.

“We’re here to discharge you two from the hospital,” Sunggyu replied. “We had to pay the hospital bills anyway.”

“You paid my bill?” Hongchul asked with a small frown. “You didn’t-”

“Actually the company paid,” Sunggyu replied, shrugging his shoulders. “For both of your bills. Just like how Woosoon’s our son, you both are the company’s sons. No matter what, they strive to protect their idols, even paying for the hospital bills.”

“Alright, big boy,” Woohyun said, taking Woosoon’s wheelchair from the corner of the room and wheeling it over to him. “It’s time to get inside this.”

“Ugh, I hate this thing,” Woosoon complained as Sunggyu and Woohyun helped him into it.

“You’ll survive,” Sunggyu said, looking at Hongchul who was slowly grabbing his and Woosoon’s packed bags. “Hey, are you going to be okay? Do you need any help?”

“I got it,” Hongchul assured him with a smile. “Yeah I’m in pain, but it doesn’t stop me from walking like it did before.”

“As long as you be careful,” Sunggyu said with a sigh as he lead everyone out of the room, Woohyun in the back pushing Woosoon.

“You know what’s weird?” Woosoon asked as they went over to the elevator. “Knowing that I have someone else’s body part inside my own body.”

“Whoa Woosoon, that sounded really dirty,” Hongchul said, shaking his head.

“Hyung!” Woosoon cried with wide, innocent eyes. “Don’t be so erted! You know what I’m talking about.”

“Well, you did,” Hongchul replied, shrugging his shoulders.

“You’re dirty minded if you’re thinking that way,” Woosoon said with a pout. “You know I didn’t intend for that to be dirty.”

“I know you didn’t,” Hongchul stated. “But it still sounded dirty.”

“Hyung? Remember when we used to have conversations like this?” Woohyun asked, grinning at Sunggyu as the elevator door opened to let them in.

“You mean when you and MYUNGSOO had conversations like this?” Sunggyu corrected him, pressing the ground floor button. “I would never take part in conversations like these.”

“Oh yeah,” Woohyun said quietly, nodding his head.

“Please hold it!” a girl cried as she came running onto the elevator. “I’m so sorry! I’m just running late. My class starts in an hour and I spent too much time with my sick sister. I still have to catch the bus and everything. I’m going to be in so much trouble. And I have a presentation today and ever-”

“We can drive you if you want,” Woohyun offered.

“That would be so nice!” the girl cried, looking up and letting her jaw drop to the ground. “Oh. My. God. I’ve GOT to be dreaming!”

“Dreaming? Why do you think you’re dreaming?” Hongchul asked in honest confusion. “Everything seems pretty real to me. It seems just like a normal day. Wait... Am I dreaming too?! Am I going to wake up in the hospital room and realize that I was dreaming that I was going home? Am I- OUCH!”

“Just shut up hyung!” Woosoon cried, rolling his eyes. “Do you think you’re dreaming now?”

“No, but my shoulder hurts now,” Hongchul said, glaring at Woosoon. “Why’d you pinch it so hard?”

“Because you’re stupid,” Woosoon told him before looking at the girl.

“This is like a dream come true,” the girl whispered. “ICEE, I’m like your biggest fan! I seriously can’t breath right now!”

“Well good thing we’re in a hospital!” Hongchul piped up. “If you can’t breath, they can fix you!”

“Hyung!” Woosoon cried again, punching the same shoulder. “You’re so stupid. Shut up.”

 

...

 

“Wait, what?!” Kwangsoo asked in disbelief, staring at their CEO. “What did you say?”

“You guys are having a comeback in a month’s time,” the CEO said with a sigh.

“WITHOUT Woosoon and Hongchul hyungs?!” Kyle asked angrily. “Why the hell would I have a comeback without my brother?!”

“I’m sorry, but you guys can’t just sit around doing nothing when the two of them are recovering,” the CEO said, shaking his head.

“Well I don’t want to release an album under the name ICEE without all the members,” Kwangsoo said, shaking his head. “And that would give ICEE a bad name, if we were to have a comeback without two of our members. Can’t we do subunits or something?”

“Kwangsoo, that’s-”

“I’m not budging, CEO Lee. Either we do subunits, or ICEE isn’t doing anything at all until our two members are fully healed,” Kwangsoo said, shaking his head.

“It’s already a hard situation. I can’t-”

“Well that’s where ICEE stands,” Kwangsoo stated, before standing up and motioning the other four to follow him. “Now if you excuse us, I just got a text saying that Hongchul and Woosoon are home. We need to go welcome them back.”

“Jung Kwangsoo!” the CEO cried, but Kwangsoo ignored him as he continued to lead his band members out of the office.

No one said a word as they made it down to their van. No one dared to speak, not wanting to set off their already pissed off leader. No one had no idea if Kwangsoo was going to get in trouble for this or not, but they didn’t want to jinx it. They never knew their CEO to have a temper, so maybe he would let this slide. But all they could do was hope for the best for Kwangsoo, because they all agreed with everything they just said. There’s no ICEE without Ho Hongchul and Nam Woosoon.

Their manager didn’t ask any questions as they all piled into the car with long faces. They were all supposed to be excited that Woosoon and Hongchul came home, but they just couldn’t get their meeting with their boss out of their heads. They were all upset and disheartened. All they wanted to do was hide away and hope their boss wasn’t mad. They also hoped their boss would understand their wishes of not wanting to do full group activities like a comeback without the other two. Their family.

Once they made it back to the dorms, Kwangsoo went straight to his room without sparing even a glance at Hongchul and Woosoon, slamming his bedroom door in the process. Jang let out a deep sigh before following after the leader. Son Yeol went straight to his room as well, not wanting to speak after what happened. Kyle and Dongmoon just stood in the doorway, trying to process everything that just happened. All of this confused the two boys sitting on the couch, who thought everyone would run up and greet them and hug them and congratulate them for coming home.

“I’m going to bed,” Kyle mumbled, before leaving as well.

“W-what happened?” Woosoon asked with wide eyes, looking at Dongmoon.

“Nothing,” Dongmoon said, before following after Kyle.

“H-hyung,” Woosoon whispered, looking at Hongchul with tears in his eyes. Even his own brother didn’t greet him.

“Shh, it’s okay, Woosoon-ah,” Hongchul said, pulling the fragile boy into his arms. They stayed like for a few minutes, yet Woosoon’s crying got stronger and he couldn’t stop.

“I’m so glad you two are back,” a voice said, causing the two of them to look up and find Jang walking over to them. “Woosoon, what’s wrong?”

“Well, everyone ignored us when you got back,” Hongchul said, looking at their hyung.

“They what?” Jang asked with a frown.

“No one even said a word to us,” Hongchul said, nodding his head. “I mean we asked what happened and Dongmoon said ‘nothing’ before walking away.”

“Alright, hold on,” Jang said with a sigh before screaming out, “YAH EVERYONE! GET YOUR BUTTS INTO THE LIVING ROOM RIGHT NOW!”

Soon enough the whole room was full of all seven members, four of them wearing really grumpy expressions while one continued to cry. Hongchul looked very worried, while Jang looked very angry. He glared at the other four members, who just stood there as if nothing happened. This angered him even more as he glanced over at Woosoon. Did they not even notice the two sitting on the couch.

“Are you guys BLIND?!” he shouted, making them all wince.

“What are you talking about, hyung?” Dongmoon asked.

“Is this how you treat your members?” he asked, gesturing towards Hongchul and Woosoon. “They were eagerly awaiting our arrival, yet EVERYONE ignored them and blew them off. They just got out of the hospital for crying out loud! After what we all just went over with the CEO, how does this prove what you all wanted?! You guys say you love them that much, yet you ignore them like this? They don’t deserve treatment like this!”

“We-”

“And you Kyle! How could you, especially, blow them off?” Jang asked, turning on the young boy. “He’s your BROTHER! Is this how you treat your brother?”

“N-no-”

“I seriously can’t believe ANY of you right now,” Jang said, shaking his head. “All of you, get out of my sight right now. Don’t come back till dinner.”