Ch. 10

My Son is An Idol

Kyle sat next to his brother at the dinner table, repeatedly giving him worried glances. Woosoon was silently drumming his fingers on the table, refusing to talk to anyone. He still hasn’t gotten over Misun’s stant, making the small girl feel even worse. Whenever Woosoon was mad at her, they usually cleared it up right away. But this time was different.

Sunggyu and Woohyun brought the two pots, full of the night’s dinner, out and placed them on the table. They sat down and exchanged glances with eachother. They didn’t like the fierce tension between the kids, and they wanted to fix it. They couldn’t stand them hating one another. It’s the last thing they wanted.

Kyle started to reach for the food, but Sunggyu slapped his hand away. The three kids stared at him in shock. Usually Sunggyu let them eat right away, as long as they were all seated around the table. They could tell he was angry. No one liked an angry Sunggyu.

“Hyung,” Woohyun said, reaching out and taking his husband’s hand. “Calm down, okay?”

“Shut up,” Sunggyu hissed, causing Woohyun to pout and pull away.

“Just don’t hurt-”

“I said  SHUT UP, Nam Woohyun!” Sunggyu shouted, glaring at him.

“I’m just-”

“SHUT THE HELL UP!” he shouted, causing even the kids to flinch. An angry Sunggyu usually means the anger gets taken out on Woohyun.

“Please-”

“You are annoying as all hell!” Sunggyu cried, throwing his chopsticks at him. “Will you stop that stupid mouth of your’s?!”

The chopsticks hit Woohyun on the forehead, inches away from his eyes. Woohyun’s eyes teared up from the pain and the harsh words directed at him. He didn’t even notice the blood dripping from the newly formed cut on his forehead as he slowly pushed away from the table. He walked away from them without another word, scaring the kids even more. They’ve never seen Woohyun that upset.

“Appa,” Kyle growled, turning on the now alert Sunggyu. “That was uncalled for! You always told us not to retort to violence, yet you did just that! Did you see that you made him bleed?”

“He’s crying because of you,” Misun added. “You need to go apologize right now!”

Before any more words were exchanged, Woosoon was out of his seat and running after Woohyun. They both went into Woohyun’s room, slamming the door behind them. Woohyun then dropped to the floor, crying silently into his hands. Woosoon grabbed the first aid kit Sunggyu kept on the night stand, carrying it over to his father. He then lifted Woohyun’s chin up so that he could look into his eyes.

“Dad, calm down, okay?” Woosoon asked him as he cleaned the cut on his father’s forehead. “It will be okay. Let him cool down. He’ll come back to his senses.”

“I don’t like this,” Woohyun whispered, shaking his head and wiping away his tears. “The fighting. The yelling. I don’t like it.”

“I don’t either, Daddy,” Woosoon replied, plopping a band aid over the cut. “I don’t like it, either.”

“Woosoon, I’m sorry you had to see me and Sunggyu fight,” Woohyun whispered, pulling the boy into a hug. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s not your fault, Daddy,” Woosoon assured him, hugging him back. “Nothing is your fault.”

“Guys,” another voice said as Kyle came into the room with Misun and Sunggyu following. “Everyone needs to fix things with each other right now! I’m tired of the fighting! Can’t we just be a normal family tonight? This is my break! I want to spend it happily! I don’t want any more fights!”

“Kyle,” everyone said sadly, looking at the youngest boy.

“Look, I’m really sorry I exploded like that,” Sunggyu started. “That was definitely not okay. I shouldn’t have done that. I’m sorry for hurting you, Woohyun-ah. I’m sorry for the words I said to you. They were harsh... I know. I’m really sorry.”

“G-Gyu,” Woohyun whispered, looking at him with wide, tear-filled eyes. “Y-you-”

“I know,” Sunggyu replied, before walking over and hugging him tightly. “I’m so sorry. I love you, Woohyun-ah, and you don’t deserve to be hurt like that. I love you so much.”

“I l-love you t-too,” Woohyun cried into his shoulder, hugging him back.

They stayed like that for a while, allowing the kids to join in. It was a nice, warm family group hug. One they haven’t shared in such a long time. After a while, Woohyun slowly backed away, giving everyone a small, loving smile. He then wiped away the excess tears on his cheeks.

“Thank you guys. I love all of you,” Woohyun said, looking at each of his kids and then his husband.

“That’s what family’s for, Dad!” Kyle cried, grinning at him.

“We all love you, Daddy,” Woosoon told him.

“We always will,” Misun added, nodding her head.

“Now, we have one more thing to fix,” Sunggyu said, eyeing his daughter expectantly.

“R-right,” Misun whispered, gulping nervously. “W-woosoon Oppa... I am really sorry about keeping something so major from you... It was supposed to be a surprize... I didn’t realize how much it would hurt you. I’m sorry Oppa... I shouldn’t have done that. I feel really guilty... And I hate myself for doing that to you. I-”

“Don’t hate yourself,” Woosoon cut her off, giving her a small smile. “It’s okay, Misun-ah. I admit I was being a big baby about it... But I can’t control my emotions. It must be a gene I inherited from Dad.”

“Yah!” Woohyun cried, pouting. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“That you’re a big baby,” Kyle stated, only to get punched in the arm by Woohyun. “Ow! That hurt!”

“Serves you right,” Woohyun replied, sticking his tongue out at him. “That’s for calling me and your brother babies!”

“He called himself a big baby! And you’re being a baby right now, Dad,” Kyle said, rolling his eyes. “Anyway, hyung, you didn’t inherit any genes from Dad! That’s impossible, considering you’re adopted! And even more so because our parents are gay! Men can’t have babies,. Especially two men having togeth-”

“Alright, that’s enough of this talk,” Sunggyu said,covering his Kyle’s mouth with his hand. “We don’t need to be discussing me and your dad’s life. That’s mildly inappropriate.”

“But Appa, it gives us something to talk about!” Misun cried.

“Something you guys don’t need to be thinking about,” Woohyun said, frowning at them. “That’s disgusting. We’re your parents.

“Well in my defense, I was explaining to hyung why he can’t share a gene with you,” Kyle said, after prying Sunggyu’s hand off his mouth.

“But I already knew that,” Woosoon said, pouting. “I was just trying to lighten up the mood.””But you’re talking to Kyle,” Misun stated. “The biggest ert in the world!”

“I’m not a ert!” Kyle defended himself, shaking his head.

“Okay,” Sunggyu interrupted, sighing in frustration. “Let’s go eat.”

...

“Again! Do the dance again!” Sunggyu cried, crossing his arms and looking at his group members.

“Hyung, you know you’re getting it wrong too, right?” Hoya asked, frowning at their leader.

“I can’t get everything perfect,” Sunggyu said, frowning. “It’s been forever since we danced Last Romeo!”

“It’s one of our easier dances,” Hoya stated, frowning.

“But there’s ALOT of hip movements,” Woohyun complained. “It’s been forever since we’ve moved our hips like this.”

“Your kids are idols. So you-”

“We didn’t teach any of them how to dance. They taught themselves,” Woohyun replied, shrugging his shoulders.

“We’re not as young as we used to be,” Sunggyu added. “It’s harder to dance.”

“He has a point,” Sungjong stated. “He’s pretty old now.”

“Yah! I’m not THAT old!” Sunggyu cried, pouting.

“Yeah, he’s only 39,” Woohyun added, coming to his husband’s rescue.

“OLD!” everyone else shouted together, before bursting out in laughter.

“Hey boys,” Hyoan said, walking into the room. “Let’s get to the recording studio now. We need to discuss the songs you’ll be singing.”

“Did you put my song in it?” Sungyeol asked as they walked towards the recording studio.

“Your song?” Sunggyu asked, frowning at him.

“I wrote two songs, hyung!” Sungyeol said, proudly. “I gave them both to Hyoan hyung two weeks ago. Butterfly and Polkadot.”

“There’s a total of thirty songs in the list written by the seven of you. There’s ten songs by the ICEE members and ten by the company,” Hyoan told them.

“If two are by Sungyeol... What other songs are there?” Woohyun asked.

“There’s two by Dongwoo, two by Hoya, one by Myungsoo and two by Sungjong,” Hyoan told them. “Then there’s ten by Sunggyu and eleven by Woohyun.”

“How come Woohyun has eleven songs?” Sungyeol asked, pouting.

“I guess the company thought his songs eemed more fit?” Hyoan suggested, shrugging his shoulders. “But anyway, let’s talk business.”

“Can we NOT talk business?” Sungjong asked, shaking his head.

“This is our job!” Hoya hissed, smaking the back of his head. “Behave, will you?”

“I was just kidding,” Sungjong told him, frowning.

“Well let’s not kid anymore,” Hyoan stated as he finally made it into the recording studio. “I need you guys to look through this list of fifty songs. You will each pick 20 songs and we’ll vote for the six that will be in your album.”

He handed everyone a chart of their own so they could look it over. There was no name of the songwriters on the list, probably so it wouldn’t make anyone biased towards the songs. The writers of the songs were probably biased over their own on the list, but otherwise they had no idea. The company wanted it to be fair and fun. They’ll tell them the songwriter AFTER the song is recorded.

 

Adventure Time

Assurance

August Rain

Befriend Me

Breeze

Bumpy Road

Bus Stop

Butterfly

Careless

Cleansing

Climb Your Heart

Cooperate

Don’t Hurt Me

Dreamland

Drums

Draw Near Me

Elevator

Enough

Enter Our Tunnel

Eternity

Follow the Leader

Friendship

Ghost Story

Hold On

Home

I Know You

Fast Hang Up

Just You and I

Justification

Kite

Korean Sky

LIttle Boy

Make My Day

Maybe Next Time

Mysterious

Nothing Replaces

Ocean

Pick The Date

Polkadot

Punch

Roadside Story

Stay With Me

Stop the Noise

Storage

Strawberry Candy

Summertime

Table Top

Telephone

Tell Me More

Verify

 

“OH MY GOSH! YES! BUTTERFLY AND POLKADOT ARE ON THIS LIST!” Sungyeol shouted as soon as he got the list.

Everyone looked at him and burst out laughing. Sungyeol was way too excited about his own songs. To be nice, Woohyun decided to put Sungyeol’s song, Butterfly, on the list. He then went through and selected a few of his own songs before voting for others that sounded nice. He made sure everything SEEMED to fit the concept they were going for.

Once everyone voted for the ones they wanted, Hyoan took the sheets and walked away for a while to tally everything up. Everyone just sat back and looked eachother. They knew they couldn’t discuss anything they chose. It was always an unspoken policy between the seven of them. They didn’t want to force anyone into choosing their songs.

“Alright guys,” Hyoan said, walking back into the room. “I have the six songs you’ll be singing for this album.”

“That was quick,” Sunggyu said, frowning.

“It was,” Hyoan agreed. “Now anyway, your songs are Summertime, Butterfly, Ocean, Breeze, Friendship and Stay With Me.”

“Who wrote them?” Sungyeol asked, waving his hand in the air. “Whoooo?”

“Sungyeol, I said after we record them we will-”

“Yeah, who wrote them?” Dongwoo asked, joining the tallest member. “Come on Hyung, you need to tell us!”

“Guys, I can’t-”

“Just tell them hyung,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “Otherwise they won’t shut up.”

“Okay, fine,” Hyoan said with a sigh. “Before anything, Summertime will be your title track.”

“Really? That’s a nice title,” Woohyun stated,nodding his head. “It fits the theme. Who wrote it.”

“You’ll be proud then,” Hyoan told him. “Woosoon wrote it.”

“Really?!” Sunggyu and Woohyun cried at the same time, their eyes widening in surprise.

“Yes, really,” Hyoan replied with a small smile. “Your boy’s a talented song writer. This is his very first song, and it’s his only song so far.”

“Is that so?” Woohyun asked with a wide grin on his face. “I’m excited.”

“I bet you are,” Hyoan replied, nodding his head. “Do you want to know who wrote the other songs?”

“Well, it’s obvious Sungyeol wrote Butterfly, and I wrote Breeze,” Sunggyu replied. “What about the others?”

“Ocean is one of Woohyun’s songs, and Friendship and Stay With Me are Kwangsoo’s songs,” Hyoan told us. “Now should we get started?”

“I guess we should,” Woohyun replied, grinning. “Let’s do Woosoon’s song first!”

 

A/N Hey guys.... OMO, it's been so long! I'm so sorry! Last update was when I started my story Revelation... and now it's over.... Wow, I'm slow! I'm so sorry! :( But I got you guys a new update! And I'm out of school (graduating a week from today! XD) So I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks for staying with me and reading and subscribing and commenting and everything! Please continue to comment!