Ch. 8

My Son is An Idol

The boys and their guests gathered around the obstacle course. Kyuhyun went around, tying the ICEE members' feet to their partners' feet with a rope. Woosoon barely talked to anyone after the stunt they pulled on him. He would only talk to Kyle and Hyoan. He refused to even look at Misun.

Alright, this whole obstacle course will be a three legged race,” Kyuhyun told them. “First you have to do five jumps on the jump rope. Then you have to eat the candy and whistle. Then you have to get through the tunnel, which will take you to the basketball court. You and your partner each need to shoot a basket. After that, you race all the way to the finish line.”

This sounds like it's going to be very difficult,” Kangson said, pouting.

As long as you stay in sync with your partner, you should be okay,” Kwangsoo's sister, who introduced herself as Maesoo, stated.

That should be easy for Jaejin hyung and I!” Dongmoon cried, waving his best friend's hand around in the air. “We're always in sync!”

I feel like Misun's just going to slow me down,” Kyle said, rolling his eyes.

Yah! I'm not going to slow you down, Oppa!” Misun cried, elbowing him hard in the side.

Since when did you become so sassy? I really don't like that,” Kyle stated, rubbing his side in pain. “Appa and Dad didn't raise you to be this way.

Says the world's biggest JERK!” Misun cried.

In my opinion,” Hyoan said, causing both of them to look at him. “I don't think Woohyun and Sunggyu really favor either of your behaviors. You two should be more like Woosoon.”

I agree,” Sunghyun stated. “Woosoon is a perfect angel.”

He is,” Kwangsoo agreed, nodding his head. “He's the ONLY one in the group who doesn't give me trouble.”

I give you trouble, hyung?” Kangson asked, pouting.

You're the biggest trouble maker,” Hongchul replied, laughing at the maknae.

And the biggest mess maker,” Dongmoon added.

You complain about everything,” Hongchul continued.

All the time!” Dongmoon agreed.

Guys, be nice,” Jang cut in, frowning.

But we're only agreeing with Kwangsoo hyung,” Hongchul said, turning on Jang. “Because only Woosoon is the perfect angel!”

Kangson doesn't complain as much as I do,” Woosoon finally said. “I'm always freaking out about something, and I'm very sensitive.”

Just like Woohyun,” Hyoan concluded, just as Kyuhyun called for everyone's attention.

Alright, ready... set... GO!” Kyuhyun cried, causing everyone to scramble off.

Woosoon looked at Hyoan, before they hobbled away together. When they reached the jump rope, it was in a jumbled mess on the floor. They exchanged glances with each other before untangling it so they could jump. Woosoon let Hyoan guide him through the jumps. However, every other jump they failed completely.

Woosoon looked around after their third failed trial. He found out that they were the last ones jump roping. Three teams were at the candy station, and Kangson was making his way over there with his brother. He could see that Jang and his father were halfway to the tunnel. That meant two teams were already in the tunnel.

Ahjusshi, hurry!” Woosoon cried. “Sunghyun and Dongmoon hyungs are in the tunnel!”

No way!” Hyoan cried, looking up as well.

Let's hurry!” Woosoon cried, jumping over the rope perfectly five times. “We did it! Okay, candy candy candy...”

The two hobbled over to the candy station. Luckily three teams were still there, which meant they weren't too far behind. They made it to their plates and started digging through the flour for the lemon candies. Woosoon found his immediately and whistled successfully. Hyoan was soon to follow.

Quickly Misun! Come on!” Woosoon heard Kyle shout, sounding very annoyed.

Let's go,” Woosoon stated, pulling Hyoan along.

They made it to the tunnel at the same time as Hongchul. Kangson and Kyle were still battling at the candy station. Hongchul and Woosoon started pushing each other, fighting to get into the tunnel first. At last Woosoon won and dragged Hyoan inside.

It was so low that the two had to duck. They awkwardly shuffled through the dark tunnel, trying to catch up with everyone. Woosoon could finally see Kwangsoo, who was just then exiting the tunnel with his sister. He and Hyoan made it to the end moments later, racing Kwangsoo to the basketball hoop. Then the four stood there awkwardly, holding their balls in front of them.

How many baskets?” Kwangsoo asked.

One per person,” Hyoan replied, throwing the ball and making it into the basket.

Wah ahjusshi! How do you play so well?” Woosoon asked.

I played with Infinite all the time,” Hyoan told him. “Now shoot the ball.”

Woosoon shot the ball, effortlessly. He grinned and clamped his hands, before turning on Hyoan. The other two had already started throwing their balls, but not making it in. Hongchul was also advancing on them now. Hyoan shook his head and looked at Woosoon. Woosoon nodded his head, before waving at the others.

Let's go!” Woosoon cried, pulling Hyoan to the finish line.

Once they made it past the line, they collasped to the ground in relief. They had made it as the forth place winners, which didn't bug them at all. Seconds later, Hongchul and Kwangsoo made it past the line at the same time, tying for fifth. Kyle came shortly after, meaning Kangson was in last place. Once Kangson joined them, Kyuhyun called everyone over.

That was very eventful to watch! Especially when Dongmoon and Sunghyun were battling for first place!” Kyuhyun cried. “However, that failed when poor Sungjun tripped.

So Dongmoon hyung won?” Kangson asked.

Yep! Dongmoon and Jaejin got first, Sunghyun and Sungjun got second, Jang and Mr. Young got third, Woosoon and Hyoan got forth-” Kyuhyun said, being cut off by Kyle.

Woosoon got FORTH?! But how?!” he asked.

Well, he passed me at the tunnel and won our battle to go through it first,” Hongchul replied.

And he beat us at basketball,” Kwangsoo stated.

So you really ARE like Dad!” Misun cried. “You're just as emotionally weak, yet just as athletic.”

I DO play soccer with him all the time,” Woosoon replied, rolling his eyes.

Now anyway,” Kyuhyun said once again. “Hongchul, Haneun, Kwangsoo and Maesoo tied for fifth place. Kyle and Misun got sixth place. Finally, Kangson and Son Hee got seventh place.”

I still don't understand how Woosoon could have possibly achieved fourth place,” Kyle stated.

It's just cause I have skills!” Woosoon said with a laugh.

The Infinite members hopped out of the van, chatting happily together. Woohyun grasped tightly onto Sunggyu's hand as they walked up to a crowd of cameramen. The film was rolling, filming their enterance. It was their first appearance on tv since 2020. The show was ICEE's Be My Manager.

Annyeonghaseyo, Infinite imnida,” the boys said together, bowing 90 degrees to the cameras.

We're your MCs today,” Sunggyu said, brightly. “This is the final episode of Be My Manger.”

Should we call the boys out?” Sungyeol asked, looking around at everyone else.

I think-” Sunggyu started, but was cut off by voices coming nearer to them.

I told you guys I'm the best! When Jaejin is around, I can do anything!” the voice of Dongmoon cried.

What, is he your boyfriend or something?” they heard Hongchul asked.

No,” Dongmoon replied.

Well, I'm better!” a voice said as Woosoon came around the corner. “You guys got to see my hidden talent! Aren't you amazing? I- DAD! APPA!”

He stopped boasting about how great he was when he saw Sunggyu and Woohyun standing there. Without another word, he ran up and tackled his parents into a hug. Sunggyu and Woohyun laughed, hugging him back. Seconds later, Kyle walked over and gave his parents a slight hug. Sunggyu groaned and flicked his forehead.

Yah, can't you greet us like your brother did?” Sunggyu asked him.

Sorry, Appa,” Kyle said with a laugh, reach over and giving him a quick hug.

What about me?” Woohyun asked, pouting.

You have me, Dad!” Woosoon replied, still hugging him.

Thank you, Son!” Woohyun cried, grinning widely and ruffling his hair.

Where's Sunghyun?” Hoya asked, looking around the group of people.

Oh, he's inside with his brother,” Kwangsoo replied, pointing at the cabin. “He should be out soon.”

Sungjun's here?” Sungyeol asked, frowning. “Yah, Myungsoo, weren't you with him this morning?”

I was,” Myungsoo replied. “But Hyoan hyung and Misun came over saying they had to take him somewhere.”

So that's where Hyoan took Misun,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head. “Are they still here?”

No, they left,” Woosoon replied. “But Sungjun is staying because he said Myungsoo and Sungyeol were busy today.”

Well we are in fact busy,” Myungsoo said, nodding his head. “But Soojung said she would watch him.”

I already called her, Myung Appa,” Sunghyun said as he walked out of the cabin with Sungjun. “Why are you guys here anyway?”

Daddy, daddy, daddy!” Sungjun cried, running up and jumping on Sungyeol's back.

Sungjun!” Sungyeol cried with a wide smile.

Let's get started,” Sunggyu said, causing everyone to nod in agreement. “Hi guys, I'm Kim Sunggyu, the LEADER of INFINITE! I'm 39 years old, and I'm married to Nam Woohyun. Our eighth year wedding anniversary is this weekend on August first. We have three kids, two of them being ICEE members, named Nam Misun, Nam Kyle and Nam Woosoon.”

I'm Nam Woohyun!” Woohyun cried, waving at the camera. “Inspirits, are you still around? Do we still have fans? If you're still there, I hope you know I still love you!”

Stop the grease,” Hoya said, rolling his eyes.

I'll be as greasy as I want whenever I want,” Woohyun stated, causing Kyle to snort loudly and shake his head. “Now anyway! I'm 37 years old and I'm still kicking!”

Yeah, getting kicked away from the camera,” Sungjong said, pushing him away and waving. “Hello, I'm Lee Sungjong! I'm 34 and I'm married to Lee Howon! I have 2 kids named Lee Ma Re and Lee Kang Re.”

And I'm Lee Howon,” Hoya said, smiling and waving at the camera. “But you can call me Hoya. I'm 37 years old.”

I'm Jang Dongwoo!” Dongwoo cried, popping up in front of their camera. “I'm 37 and I'm married to former singer, Baby Soul. We have two kids named Jang Jae Hwa and Jang Mae Hwa.”

Yeah, and I'm Sungyeol!” Sungyeol cried, jumping on to Dongwoo's back. “I'm 36! Myungsoo over there is my husband and my kids are Sunghyun and Sungjun!”

And I'm Myungsoo,” Myungsoo said, waving at the camera, yet still standing next to Sungjun and Sunghyun. “I'm 36 years old.”

Wah, daebak!” Woosoon cried, clapping his hands. “You guys are still young!”

We'll always be young, Woosoon-ah,” Sungyeol said, laughing.

Can the ICEE members introduce themselves to us?” Sunggyu asked, crossing his arms and looking at the boys. “And their new manager?”

YES!” Dongmoon shouted, jumping up and down, waving his hand in the air. “ME! ME! ME! CAN I GO FIRST?!”

Of course,” Sunggyu said, laughing.

I'm Kim Dongmoon!” he cried, grinning at them.

And I'm Kang Son Yeol!” Kangson cried, waving at everyone.

Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Kwangsoo imnida,” Kwangsoo said, bowing to the seven Infinite members.

I am Young Jang Yeop,” Jang said, smiling at them. “It's nice to meet you all.”

And I'm Ho Hongchul!” Hongchul cried, throwing his arm around Jang's shoulder.

Do I need to introduce myself?” Kyle asked, frowning. “The seven of you practically raised me.”

Yes, introduce yourself,” Sungyeol said, sticking his tongue out at him.

Fine. I'm Kyle,” Kyle said with crossed arms.

I'M NAM WOOSOON!” Woosoon cried, with just as much energy as Dongmoon.

And I'm ICEE's new manager, Kim Sunghyun,” Sunghyun said, bowing to the Infinite members. “But you already know me.”

We do,” Sunggyu said, laughing and nodding his head. “Anyway, today we'll be playing a couple games with you as well as doing the end of the show ceremony.”

But don't you have an announcement for us?” Woosoon asked, frowning. “Kyuhyun ahjusshi said you had a VERY important message for us! I want to know what it is! Really really badly! Come on Dad, Appa! You can't keep this from me!”

Should we tell them now?” Sunggyu asked, looking at all of the others.

Let's tell them,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head as everyone else agreed.

Ah, so for the public to know and for you guys to know, we have something very important to say,” Sunggyu said, looking at the boys, and then to the camera.

So Infinite... We didn't leave on a good note... It was the day after Woohyun proposed to me... The whole public found out... We were forced to leave Infinite,” Sunggyu said, letting out a deep sigh. “The rest of our members didn't want to continue without us... They left as well... Yet we never had a goodbye stage or anything... So that means we didn't officially leave as a group... Infinite has never officially left the world... So we...”

We're coming back,” Woohyun said, saving his husband from becoming a stuttering mess. “As of right now we are working on a new album and everything. We'll be back on stage, on the charts, on tv, on September 22nd, 2028.”

And then we'll be doing a collab project with ICEE afterwards,” Hoya added. “This is what the company decided. We'll start working on that in November.”

What, really?!” Woosoon cried as he stared at his parents with wide eyes.

Really son,” Sunggyu replied, ruffling his hair. “Infinite is back.”


A/N YAY!!! INFINITE IS BACK! Hahaha! Ahh, I hope you liked this chapter!!! Please please please comment!! Thanks for all the comments and everyone who subscribed! I love you all!! <3

As I promised, here's an update for... NAM WOOHYUN'S BIRTHDAY!!!! WOOOO!!!! SOOOOOO Woohyun is my ultimate bias and I've been super exotic about his birthday coming up! Now here we go, he's finally 23 (24 Korean age) today!!! Yay!! :D Happy happy birthday Nam Woohyun! <3 I had this chapter ready for you for a while, but I HAD to post it today! Kekeke.

Oh, by the way, so I'm helping behind the scenes in the 2013 AFF Awards with categorizing all the submissions before they are but on the actually award section. I just found out that TWO of my stories were nominated, which sadly isn't this one. But please go support me and vote for Where We Begin as best Infinite angst and A University Dream as best Infinite school life! They're not up yet, but they will be later today! :D Thank you guys, I love you all! :D