Ch. 14

My Son is An Idol

The week passed quickly, leaving everyone very tired from the insane practice schedule. Unlike what their CEO said, they would be practicing until midnight. It was about ten and Sunggyu’s group was about to pass out. Hongchul was already falling asleep as he leaned against the wall. Seeing this, Sunggyu wanted to finish early. He looked at Woohyun and Kwangsoo, who both looked equally as bad.

“Should we call it a night? I don’t want to overwork the kids,” Sunggyu asked his husband.

“I think that’s a good idea,” Woohyun replied. “You call Hoya and I’ll call Myungsoo. Let’s have them come in here.”

“Alright,” Sunggyu agreed, taking out his phone and dialing Hoya’s number.

“Hello?” a voice asked after a couple of rings.

“Ah, Ma Re,” Sunggyu said, smiling at the small voice that answered. “Are you with your daddy right now?”

“Yeah,” the girl replied. “I’ll get him.”

“Okay, thank you,” Sunggyu said before waiting for a couple more minutes.

“Hyung? What’s up?” Hoya asked after a while.

“We’re deciding to end practice for the night,” Sunggyu told him. “Come over to our practice room.”

“Okay, we’ll be right over,” Hoya replied, before hanging up the phone.

Seconds later, all of Myungsoo’s group came piling in. They all looked just as tired. Kyle and Kangson went straight to Hongchul, collapsing next to him. Sungyeol, as energetic as ever, ran right over to Sunggyu and hugged him tightly, jumping around in circles. Myungsoo and Sungjong also came in, followed by Sungjun. Sungjun seemed just as energetic as his father.

“Where’s Woosoon?” Hongchul asked anxiously, looking around at the group that just entered.

“He went home sick,” Kyle replied, taking a water from Woohyun and gulping it down.

“Sick?! With what?!” Sunggyu asked, his eyes widening with worry for his son.

“My Woosoon is sick?” Woohyun asked.

“Yeah, he threw up and was very weak,” Myungsoo replied. “Sunghyun took him back to the dorms about an hour ago.”

“And you didn’t tell us?” Woohyun asked, his fatherly protection for his son peaking.

“Because you would have stopped for that reason alone, hyung,” Sungjong said with a sigh.

“Yeah, hyung didn’t want anyone to stop working for his sake and worry about him,” Kyle stated as the last group came in, followed by four little kids and Soojung.

“Where’s Woosoon?” Jang asked as he and Dongmoon joined their band members.

“He went back to the dorms,” Kwangsoo told him. “He’s sick.”

“Poor kid,” Jang said with a frown. “And it’s his first night back to the dorm, too. A punishment right after getting rid of a punishment.”

“It’s my fault,” Sunggyu whispered. “I only gave him and Kyle less than five hours of sleep before waking them up and forcing them to run.”

“It’s not your fault, Gyu,” Woohyun assured him. “He’s just very weak. He always has been. There’s nothing we can do.”

“I guess-”

“SURPRISE INTERVIEW!” a voice cried as two guys came barging in. “Hello, I’m Yugyeom and this is BamBam from I Got Radio, as well as on going boy group, Got7. We’re here to interview Infinite and ICEE! We’re on air right now!”

“W-what?” Sunggyu asked in surprise. “A-ah, I’m Kim Sunggyu from Infinite. Infinite, let’s introduce ourselves.”

“Neh,” his band members cried, bowing together. “Annyeonghaseyo, Infinite imnida!”

“I’m Lee Sungjong.”

“I’m Jang Dongwoo.”

“I’m Lee Sungyeol!”

“I’m Kim Myungsoo.”

“I’m Lee Howon.”

“And I’m Nam Woohyun.”

“Hello, and we’re ICEE!” the ICEE members cried, also bowing together.

“I’m ICEE’s leader, Kwangsoo,” Kwangsoo cried with a smile.

“I’m Jang Yeop,” Jang said, also smiling.

“I’m ICEE’s cutie maknae, Kang Son Yeol!”

“Hello! I’m Kyle Nam!”

“And I’m Kim Dongmoon!”

“Hongchul imnida,” Hongchul said in a distant voice, not even looking at his Got7 sunbaes.

“Wait, there’s one missing,” Bam Bam said, looking at the thirteen idols. “Where’s Nam Woosoon?”

“He’s sick,” Kangson replied, pouting. “My poor hyung.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Yugyeom said with a frown.

“Hongchul-sshi, are you okay?” Bam Bam suddenly asked. “You look very out of it.”

“I’m fine,” Hongchul said, before walking towards the door. “I need some air. I’m gonna go outside.”

“Did we come at a wrong time?” Yugyeom asked as soon as he was gone.

“You’re okay,” Kwangsoo assured him. “He’s just worried about Woosoon. They’ve been really close lately.”

“Let’s do this interview,” Jang said, still smiling. “What did you want to ask us?”

“Well, we’ll start with that, then,” Yugyeom said. “We might’ve already heard, but whose close with who in ICEE?”

“Well, we’re all pretty close,” Kwangsoo replied, looking at each of s. “But if we’re being technical, then Son Yeol hangs out with just about anyone. He loves everyone just about the same. And we all love him. Jang and I have been pretty close lately, and it helps that we’re roommates. And then of course Kyle and Dongmoon are like sworn best friends. They’re always together and they’re always causing trouble.”

“Yeah! Woosoon and I are switching rooms tonight so that Kyle and I can be roommates!” Dongmoon cheered.

“Yeah, and then Hongchul hyung can room with my brother,” Kyle added with a mischievous smile.

“What about between ICEE and Infinite?” Yugyeom asked. “Any relationships there?”

“Well of course everyone’s close to my parents,” Kyle stated. “They do everything for us.”

“And I was their vocal instructor for a while,” Sunggyu added. “And Hoya their dance instructor.”

“Besides that, we’re pretty close with the small groups we’re working in,” Hoya stated. “We’re working in subunits. Infinite H with Jang and Dongmoon. Infinite F with Kyle, Woosoon and Kangson. Infinite V with Hongchul and Kwangsoo.”

“Yeah, we spend quite a bit of time with our subunits,” Sunggyu agreed.

They then went on with different questions about their personal lives and their dorm life. By the end, they noticed that a third person was missing. Sunggyu’s eyes widened in worry as he noticed that his husband was missing. He didn’t even see him leave. That wasn’t like Woohyun.

“Where’s Woohyun?” Sunggyu asked in panic, looking at his son. “Did you see your dad leave?”

“No,” Kyle told him, also starting to panic.

“Maybe we should wrap this up,” Yugyeom suggested, unsure. “Thank you for tuning in to IGot Radio. This is Yugyeom and Bam Bam with ICEE and Infinite. We’ll now play ICEE’s debut song, Lonely Girl.”

“Sorry for the sudden visit,” Bam Bam said with a frown while he and Yugyeom took off their mics and put away the handhelds. “Your managers said we could, so we-”

“Don’t worry about it,” Kwangsoo told him. “We had fun.”

“But now we have a dad and a Hongchul to find,” Kyle stated.

“They both must be extremely worried about Woosoon,” Sungjong said softly. “Every time one of his kids or Sunggyu hyung was sick he would get like this.”

“When he WAS in here during the interview, he didn’t even say a word,” Hoya added. “That’s definitely not like him.”

“Well, let’s go find him.”

...

“Woosoon! We’re home!” Dongmoon shouted as soon as they entered the dorm, warm soup in hand for the boy.

“Where is he?” Kangson asked, looking around. “Sunghyun hyung?”

“He’s been in the bathroom for the last hour,” Sunghyun stated.

“Hyung!” Kyle cried, running to the bathroom to check on his brother, Hongchul right behind him.

“Woosoon-ah,” Hongchul said softly after they opened the door and found him sitting up against the wall.

“H-hey,” Woosoon said weakly, before reeving and throwing himself over the toilet.

“Woosoon!” Hongchul cried, running over to him and patting his back.

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Kyle said, giving a small smile to them and walking away.

“We got you some soup,” Hongchul said after a while, hoisting the boy up so he could lean against him. “But I guess you’re not really hungry.”

“I’ll probably just throw it back up,” Woosoon said with a weak smile.

“True true,” Hongchul said with a sigh before flushing the toilet and helping the younger boy up. “Let’s get you to the room. You need to lay down.”

“Neh,” Woosoon agreed, letting Hongchul support him over to their newly shared bedroom.

“We’ll transfer all his things in here,” Dongmoon told Hongchul as Hongchul helped Woosoon into his bed. He’d just sleep in Woosoon’s bed tonight. “Kyle’s bringing in Woosoon’s things. He won’t let me touch them.”

“As if they’re his own,” Woosoon whispered, pulling Hongchul’s hand so he was sitting on the edge of the bed. “Stay here, hyung.”

“R-right, I will,” Hongchul said with wide eyes, his heart beating really fast once again.

He pulled a blanket over the boy and laid down next to him, staring at his pale face. He ignored Kyle and Dongmoon as they came in and out of the room, watching as Woosoon slowly fell asleep. He had his eyes closed and sweat was pooling up on his forehead. Hongchul had never seen him look so vulnerable. He looked more fragile than he already was. It pained him to see the younger boy like that.

“Hyung, we’re finished with the room transfer,” Dongmoon said after about an hour of silence, breaking Hongchul out of his trance. He didn’t even notice that Woosoon has fully fallen asleep. “And Kwangsoo hyung said to bring this to you.”

He handed Hongchul a bowl full of warm water and a wash cloth. Hongchul smiled in gratitude and took it from him, placing it on the bedside table. Dongmoon then left the room and closed the door, leaving the two alone. Hongchul sighed and dipped the cloth in the water before ringing the water out and wiping off the younger’s forehead. He wanted to do anything to get the boy to feel better.

Then he stopped for a little bit, wondering why he was going to such extremes. Normal guys don’t do this for their best guy friends. This is what family and lovers did. Then it him him like a smack in the face. He had fallen for his younger band member.