Ch. 6

My Son is An Idol

Let's play a game here,” the MC said, looking at all the boys sitting around the room.

What kind of game?” Kyle asked, looking up at Kyuhyun.

They were on their second filming for their variety show, yet no one gave them any scripts. The boys were allowed to speak openly, which made them so happy. They'd rather speak for themselves then be stuck with a script. They knew, however, that this would not be the case all the time. This show was being very lenient on them.

What we're going to do is something like hide and seek,” Kyuhyun replied, looking at the seven boys. “I want you all to hide. You've seen the resident land, so you can hind anywhere that is part of this land or here inside the house. Your new manager went out to get food, and he won't be back for another fifteen minutes, which means you have TEN minutes to hide. We're going to see how fast it will be for him to locate every single one of you.”

Is this a kind of training thing for him?” Hongchul asked, cocking his head to the side.

It is,” Kyuhyun replied, nodding his head. “It's key for your manager to be able to find you guys when he needs you. If he can't find you, then you'll be late for a schedule.”

Or you just get in trouble,” Kyle said, laughing. “Dad told me about how the seven of them ran off on their managers and hid in the city for a day.”

That was their idea of having fun,” Kyuhyun said, laughing. “They were so immature.

But that's okay,” Woosoon said, nodding his head. “Because they're the best.”

Now anyway,” Kwang Soo said with a sigh. “Let's get this started. We're running out of time.”

Good idea, leader man,” Kyuhyun said, nodding his head. “On your marks, get set... HIDE!”

The seven boys rushed out of the room, tripping and falling all over the place. Woosoon ran out the door, heading towards the forest. There's parts of the forest which are part of the land, and Woosoon knew exactly which parts. A camera man followed behind him, trying not to be left behind. Woosoon quickly dodged through a few trees, hiding behind a huge boulder in the ground.

You can't let him see you,” Woosoon said, looking at the camera man.

I won't,” the camera man said, shaking his head.

Good,” Woosoon said, nodding his head. “We shouldn't talk either.”

They sat there quietly for a while, until they heard a few more pairs of feet running through the forest. Woosoon frowned and crossed his arms, not liking the idea that someone was taking his hiding spot. He preferred to hide alone, but he didn't think that was happening. He peaked over the rocks and saw Hongchul and Dongmoon standing there with their cameramen. Dongmoon was glaring at Hongchul.

Hyung, this is MY hiding spot! Stop following me!” Dongmoon cried.

I came this way first!” Hongchul said, shaking his head. “You're the one who is following me!”

But I want to hide here!” Dongmoon declared, crossing his arms.

How about we both hide here?” Hongchul suggested, looking around. “Behind those big boulders! It can fit four of us!”

Fine, let's go!” Dongmoon cried, leading Hongchul to Woosoon's hiding spot.

Hey! Go away!” Woosoon cried as soon as they made it to him.

What are you doing here?” Dongmoon asked, frowning at Woosoon.

I've been here,” Woosoon replied, rolling his eyes. “This is my spot.”

But we chose this spot!” Dongmoon whined.

Well I was here first! Go find a different spot!” Woosoon cried.

Hide! Quick! Someone's coming!” Hongchul cried, pushing everyone down. The cameramen hid as best as they could as well.

Aish, I hate this cameraman hyung! There's no where for us to hide!” they heard Kang Son complain.

Why don't we try behind those boulders?” the cameraman asked.

Good idea, hyung! I'm glad I have you with me!” Kang Son cried, also going behind the boulders. “HYUNGS?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”

Keep your voice down!” Hongchul cried, placing his hand over his mouth and pulling him down.

I knew I heard voices,” Kang Son whispered, looking at the cameraman. “I told you so.”

Did this turn in to a big game of sardines or something?” a new voice asked as Kyle came walking in from behind them.

Just get down,” Hongchul ordered, glaring at him.

I hate you guys!” Woosoon hissed. “This was MY hiding spot!”

It doesn't matter now,” Hongchul said, looking at his watch. “Sunghyun just got back.”

Where are the hyungs?” Dongmoon asked, looking around for their leader and Jang.

They hid in the house,” Kyle said, dismissing the question. “Now let's be quiet.”

Hyung? Why do I have to follow you around?” Sungjun whined as he followed his brother on to the set of the variety show.

Because Myung Appa and Yeol Appa are busy,” Sunghyun said as he looked around the campus, wondering why it was so quiet.

But can't I go with Jae Hwa and Kang Re?” Sungjun asked, frowning.

No, because Baby Soul Noona took them out somewhere special for a play date. Their sisters went with them,” Sunghyun replied as they walked up to the porch steps where Kyuhyun was standing with a cameraman.

But what about Misun Noona?” Sungjun whined, stomping his feet.

She's out with friends,” Sunghyun replied. “Now stop whining. Myung Appa said you had to stay with me, so you're going to be very polite.”

Why?” Sungjun asked, pouting.

Because we're on tv. Now stop whining,” Sunghyun replied, before looking at Kyuhyun and bowing. “I'm back. Where is everyone?”

Who is this?” Kyuhyun asked, ignoring his question and looking at Sungjun.

Oh, this is my dongsaeng, Sungjun. He's going to join us for the day,” Sunghyun told him.

Well, it's nice to meet you, Sungjun. You're going to be playing a very fun game with your hyung today,” Kyuhyun said, smiling at the boy. “Your job is to find where ALL seven of the boys are hiding. It's important for a manager to be able to find everyone of his idols so that they can prepare for what they need to do for the day.”

So it's like a big hide and seek game?” Sunghyun asked, raising his eyebrows.

It is,” Kyuhyun replied, nodding his head. “And it always will be. They should all be scattered all throughout this whole land. I hope you have fun finding them.”

This is just like at home!” Sungjun cried happily, laughing. “You would always play hide in seek with me and Jaehwa and Kangre!”

Yeah yeah,” Sunghyun said, laughing and handing his groceries to Kyuhyun. “Now let's go. Where do you think Kyle and Woosoon would be hiding?”

Well, knowing Woosoon, he would try to go somewhere far away from everyone else,” Sungjun told his brother. “Kyle... Well, he's lazy, so he would be hiding in a bedroom.”

Let's see if you're right,” Sunghyun said, walking in to the house.

They walked around the house for a while, looking through each bedroom. So far no one showed up, but then Sunghyun walked in to the last bedroom. He opened the closet, and there Jang was. He was just reading on a kindle, looking perfectly at home. He looked up, however, right once Sunghyun opened the door.

Oh, hey,” Jang said, bowing to him. “Looks like you found me.”

I did,” Sunghyun replied, nodding his head. “Now, do you have any idea where the others are?”

No I don't,” Jang said, shaking his head. “I saw Kyle running around a while ago. But I don't know where he went.”

Jang's cameraman came out from around the corner and all of them left, with the cameraman that was with Kyuhyun following behind. Sungjun skipped ahead of them, humming to himself. They went to the kitchen and looked around, but found no one. Sungjun then ran out to the balcony, spotting someone behind a chair. He looked around and found a cameraman standing in the corner of the balcony.

HYUNG! I FOUND ONE!” Sungjun shouted, causing Sunghyun to come running outside. “There there there!”

Sunghyun ran to where Sungjun was pointing, finding Kwang Soo crouching behind the chair. Kwang Soo grinned at them and stood up, looking around. He was surprised to only see Jang with them. He, like everyone else, wondered where the rest could be. Sunghyun sighed and started walking down the stairs on the balcony.

Where are the other five? I just looked through the whole house!” Sunghyun asked.

Well, I saw Kyle and Kang Son running towards the forest. I bet that's where they're hiding,” Kwang Soo said, following behind him.

Why would Kyle be in the forest?” Sungjun asked. “That's way too much work for him.”

He's not lazy all the time, Sungjun,” Sunghyun said with a sigh.

But still,” Sungjun said, shaking his head as they walked towards the forest. “It feels like we're going hiking!”

I guess,” Sunghyun replied.

You know how Myung Appa and Yeol Appa will take us hiking all the time? That's always so much fun!” Sungjun cried, clapping his hands excitedly.

Sunghyun just shook his head and followed his brother in to the forest. They looked around for a while, not being able to find them. When he was about to turn around, he could hear arguing coming from behind a boulder. He exchanged glances with Kwang Soo, before walking towards the boulder. Everyone else just stayed back.

He found the other five members with their cameramen lying flat on the ground. They didn't seem to have noticed Sunghyun standing there as Kyle and Woosoon argued over something. Hongchul was shaking his head at them, trying to make them be quiet. Kang Son and Dongmoon were trying to keep themselves from laughing. Sunghyun just sighed and leaned against the tree, knowing each of the cameramen have already spotted him.

Kyle! You can't just do that!” Woosoon cried, glaring at his brother.

I can do whatever I want!” Kyle said, snickering at him.

Both of you, will you please shut up?” Hongchul asked, rubbing his temples. “I swear you're going to give me a headache.”

Well, YOU'RE the ones who decided to come hide with me!” Woosoon cried, waving his hands around stubbornly. “I was the first one here! This was MY hiding spot! Go hide somewhere else!”

I'm staying right here,” Kyle said, crossing his arms. “I'm fine right here.”

But this is my spot!” Woosoon whined, pouting.

Uh, guys,” Dongmoon suddenly said, glancing up at Sunghyun, who was smirking amusedly at them.

What?” Kyle and Woosoon asked, looking at him.

The two of you already blew our cover,” Dongmoon said, pointing at Sunghyun.

What?” the two asked, turning to see their childhood friend sitting there.

Hello,” Sunghyun said, laughing.

How long were you standing there?” Kang Son asked, standing up and brushing himself off.

About five minutes now,” Sunghyun said, shrugging his shoulders.

We weren't here for THAT long, hyung,” Sungjun said, stomping over to him.

Who's that?” Kang Son asked, looking at the little boy.

SUNGJUN!” Kyle and Woosoon cried at the same time, jumping up and pulling the boy in to a hug.

So all of them where here?” Kwang Soo asked as he and Jang came walking over. “That's funny.”

Well, I found you all,” Sunghyun said. “Game's over.”

INFINITE! INFINITE! INFINITE!” Sungyeol cried as he and his former band members walked up to the CEO of Woollim Entertainment's office room.

Sungyeol, will you please quiet down?” Hoya asked, looking over his shoulder.

The seven decided to agree with Sunggyu and Woohyun, thinking it would be a great opportunity. Being a part of Infinite meant so much to them. Being able to sing in front of everyone again made them so ecstatic. All they needed to do was get permission from the CEO, then it would all be set in stone. Being part of the Infinite family is what truly made them happy.

Sunggyu stopped in front of the CEO's office, knocking firmly on the door. Sure the CEO was his boss, but he was facing him with something completely different then he ever talked to him about. He was nervous about what the boss would say. Sure, the boss is a really nice guy, but he didn't know what would happen. He didn't know if the boss actually WANTED to reestablish Infinite.

The door to the room opened, revealing a man slightly younger than Sungjong. He looked the boys up and down, before stepping back and letting them in. Sungyeol skipped inside, plopping down on the couch inside the room. Sungjong and Myungsoo sat down next to him, as the other four just stood awkwardly around the room. Sunggyu and Woohyun exchanged glances with each other, before looking at the boss, who was now sitting down.

Lee Jung Won sajangnim,” Sunggyu said, bowing to the man.

Kim Sunggyu-sshi,” the boss said, smiling at Sunggyu. “How can I help you guys today?”

Well, we were talking earlier,” Woohyun said, exchanging glances with Sunggyu. “And we... uh...”

We want to reestablish Infinite,” Hoya said, causing Woohyun to smile at him in appreciation. “We miss being a part of a band and we miss being Infinite. The seven of us want to work together once again. Will you make that possible for us?”

We know your father would've,” Sungjong added. “He always talked to us about forming again, but Sunggyu and Woohyun hyungs were too hurt with the public's reactions to their relationship. Yet that whole scandal is over! We know how much the fans miss us.”

And we'll do all the work,” Sungyeol stated. “We just need a company to be signed under. Woohyun and Sunggyu hyungs will write the songs and Sunggyu hyung will be our vocal instructor. Dongwoo hyung will write the rap lyrics. Hoya will do the discography! Myunggie's company will do our photography and album artwork! We'll even record the songs on our own and make our own music. We just need Woollim to produce our albums and promote us. Woollim will be our company, Woollim will be making the money. We just want to sing and perform once again.”

This is all we ask for,” Dongwoo said, nodding his head in agreement. “A two year contract would be fine, if that's all you can give us. Please sajangnim!”

You want to be part of Infinite again?” Jungwon asked, cocking his head to the side. “That's a good proposal. Let me-”

Sajangnim!” a new voice cried as Dongmoon came stomping in to the room with Woosoon following behind.

Aren't you two supposed to be filming?” the boss asked, frowning at the two rookies.

Filming's done for the day,” Dongmoon said, brushing the question off. “But Woosoon won't leave me alone!”

Why do you come to me?” Jungwon asked with a sigh.

Because you're the boss! But he keeps yelling at me, telling me it was my fault that we were found my Sunghyun hyung, when obviously it was HIS fault!” Dongmoon cried, pointing at Woosoon.

But he's the one who came in to MY hiding spot!” Woosoon cried, pouting.

Why are you coming to me about this?” Jungwon asked with a sigh. “Guys, it's just a game. You shouldn't be arguing about it.”

I was trying to give it up, but hyung kept arguing about it!” Woosoon cried, pointing at Dongmoon. “Then he threatened to tell you on me!”

Woosoon,” Sunggyu said, causing the boy to turn on him in surprise.

A-appa? What are you doing here?” Woosoon asked, looking at all the people in the room.

Woosoon, Dongmoon, will the two of you step out for a little bit? I'm in the middle of a meeting,” the CEO asked, frowning at the two.

Yes sir,” the two said, bowing politely at him.

Thank you,” he said, before pushing them out of the room and closing the door. “Sorry about that. Rookie's are a chaotic mess.”

My SON is a chaotic mess,” Sunggyu replied, shaking his head.

He's a good boy,” the CEO said, smiling fondly at the door. “Both he and Kyle are. I'm happy to have them here.”

Thank you,” Sunggyu said, looking at his husband. “I hope they're not too much trouble.”

Not at all,” the CEO said, laughing. “But anyway, about your proposal... I'll let you guys do it.”

REALLY?!” the seven cried, exchanging glances with each other.

Really,” the CEO replied, smiling at them. “Come back tomorrow morning and I'll have a contract ready for you to sign.”

Thank you so much,” Sunggyu said as they bowed repeatedly to them. “Thank you thank you thank you!”


A/N YAY FOR INFINITE!!!! WOOOOO!!!! <3

Hahahaha, Woosoon just won't give up about his hiding spot! Kekeke

Awww, thankyu sooooo much for subscribing and upvoting and reading and commenting!!! Every comment and upvote and subscriber just makes me soooo happy!!! <3 FINALLY MADE IT TO 50 SUBSCRIBERS!!! WOOOO!!! (I figured this would be a story with less subscribers than usual, hahaha)

Ooooh, made a new concept photo for ICEE!!! (look at the chapter picture) See, even though I take longer to update this story, I don't forget about it!! <3 It's just hard with school and everything. Also, I changed the Ulzzang for Kyle ><