Past Part One 2018

My Son is An Idol

Infinite sat around a conference room, chatting happily. Cameras were pointed right at them, filming every word they said. Once they closed down the cameras, the seven of them stood up and bowed a perfect 90 degrees to the crew. They thanked them for all of their hard work, and then watched as everyone left the room. Once they were alone, the Infinite members cheered loudly and jumped around in circles together.

They had been in the Philippines for two months, filming a variety show at an orphanage. Each of them had grown very attached to the orphaned kids, but they were ready to go home. However, Sunggyu wanted more than anything to take at least one of those kids home. He looked over at his boyfriend, who was squashed in a hug between Sungyeol and Dongwoo. Sunggyu just shook his head and saved the poor boy from their tight holds.

C'mere, I need to talk to you,” Sunggyu said, pulling him out of the room.

About what?” Woohyun asked, following his boyfriend obediently.

Remember the Korean boy?” Sunggyu asked, turnning on Woohyun.

You mean Kyle?” Woohyun asked. “The little 5 year old?”

He's still 4,” Sunggyu replied. “But yes, Kyle. Last night I talked down and talked to him. He told me he's not happy here. He told me that every kid teases him because he is different. He doesn't like it at all, and he wants to leave.”

So what are we going to do?” Woohyun asked, looking into Sunggyu's eyes.

I... I want to adopt him,” Sunggyu replied, keeping eye contact with him. “He's grown so close to the both of us. Woohyun, please can you adopt him with me? I want to give him a family.”

I would love to give him a family,” Woohyun said, squeezing his hands. “But what about Infinite. We already have such a busy schedule. H-how are we going to raise him?”

We'll find a way,” Sunggyu assured him. “He needs us, Woohyun-ah. We can get Jungyeop-sshi to help us! He can get him into school for us. He can live in the dorms with us. Woohyun, I can't stand the thought of leaving this depressed child here.”

Will we be signing the adoption contract under our names?” Woohyun asked him.

Woohyun, we're going to have to. We're adopting him as OUR child,” Sunggyu told him.

But the public will find out,” Woohyun whispered. “Hyung, that's too risky!”

We'll say he's Infinite's child! We know how to be careful!” Sunggyu cried. “Nam Woohyun, please!”

But... Doesn't he need a Visa so that he can leave the country?” Woohyun asked, sinking down to the floor.

He has one,” Sunggyu stated.

What?” Woohyun asked, looking up at him in surprise.

Before his father died, he bought him a permanent Visa. He was planning on going backKorea with Kyle, but that didn't go as planned. Three years ago, he died in a car accident,” Sunggyu told him.

Wow,” Woohyun whispered, shaking his head.

They both fell into silence as Woohyun thought about the proposal. Sunggyu looked away from him, tapping his foot in anticipation. Never in his life has he ever wanted something this much. He felt as if some force were pulling him towards this decision. He knew he had to do this.

Okay,” Woohyun finally said, looking up at him. “Let's do it.”

Are you sure?” Sunggyu asked, watching Woohyun stand back up and walk over to him.

I'm positive,” Woohyun replied, pulling him into his arms and giving him a soft kiss on the lips. “I know how much you love that boy. Honestly, I absolutely adore him. He was practically attached to me... to you... to all of us. You're right. He needs this. We need this.”

Thank you,” Sunggyu said, hugging him tightly. “Thank you so much.”

Boys, we need to go,” a voice said as their manager, Jungryul, came walking over to them.

Hyung, get one more plane ticket,” Sunggyu said, breaking away from the hug.

What? Why?” Jungryul asked, frowning.

We're adopting one of the kids,” Sunggyu replied, heading towards the front counter without even looking at the manager.

What?! The two of you?” Jungryul asked, pointing at the them. “Boys! You can't do that! You're already at risk of everyone finding out your relationship! If you adopt a kid, then that will ruin everything! Do you want to ruin Infinite?!”

Why are you always SO against everything we do?!” Sunggyu cried, turning on him. “We already talked about it! We know the risk that is there! Obviously we don't want to ruin Infinite! Why would you even think that? We talked and decided that he'll be known as INFINITE'S child for the public! They won't know whose kid he is! We know Jungyeop-sshi AND Hyoan hyung would agree with us! You just never trust us!”

Sunggyu,” Jungryul said with a sigh as they made it to the front desk.

I've made up my mind, and I'm not changing it,” Sunggyu cut him off, before turning to the lady at the desk. “Ma'am, I would like to adopt Kyle Choi from you.”

I'm sorry, but you have to be 30 years or older if you're adopting solo,” the lady replied.

I'm not adopting on my own,” Sunggyu told her. “Woohyun and I will be adopting him together. He will typed some things out a be OUR son.”

Alright,” the lady said, taking out a clipboard full of papers. “Fill out this paperwork and then I'll give you a folder full of his files.”

Thanks,” Woohyun said, taking the folder from her.

Also, don't tell the public about us,” Sunggyu said, pointing at himself and Woohyun.

I won't,” she assured him, before pressing a button on the phone sitting on the desk. “Kyle Choi, please pack your bags and come down to the lobby. Your new family is waiting.”

Aish! Just both of you hurry!” Jungryul cried, seemingly pissed off. “Hyoan will be out front with the other van. Be at the airport in Manilla in six hours. Our plane leaves in eight.”

As soon as he stomped out of the room, Sunggyu and Woohyun groaned and sunk down in the chairs surrounding the room. Sunggyu took the clipboard out of Woohyun's hands. Together, they filled out the required paper work, naming him Kyle Nam, and signed their names on the bottom. The lady made a couple of copies of their filled out papers, before placing the copies in a folder. She then wrote typed some things out and wrote on some other papers.

She put a few more papers in the folder, before handing it over to them. She told them a few things about Kyle and his past. The two listened intently and nodded their heads in understanding. As they talked, Kyle silently walked over to them while pushing a small cart full of his bags. He let go of his cart and walked over to them.

Kyle, these two are your new parents. Your new name is Kyle Nam,” the lady said, gesturing towards Woohyun and Sunggyu. “This is-”

WOOHYUN AND SUNGGYU KUYAS!” (if you don't remember, Kuya also means hyung, or oppa.) Kyle cried, running over to hug them.

Appas,” Sunggyu corrected him, smiling and hugging him back. “Welcome to the family!”

I knew you would fulfill my wishes!” Kyle cried, pulling away with tears in his eyes.

All we want is for you to be happy,” Woohyun told him as he and Sunggyu picked up his bags and led him outside.

Do the two of you EVER pay attention to your band?!” Jungryul shouted as Sunggyu and Woohyun bundled up Kyle to take him to the park.

It's been a couple months since they adopted Kyle. It was the end of September, meaning the weather was chilling over. Woohyun ignored his manager's comment as he zipped up Kyle's jacket. Sunggyu put on the boy's shoes, tying his laces. They were both done with all of Jungryul's outburst, since they knew he was definitely against gay relationships.

Jungryul, will you leave them alone for once?” Hyoan asked as he walked over to them. “I don't know if you're picking favoritism or what, but you're ignoring what they really are doing! Woohyun's and Sunggyu's passion for Infinite has never distinguished. They love their members and they do EVERYTHING for them! They're the ones working the HARDEST for the group! On top of all of that, they also put in time and love for their son!”

Well, they-” Jungryul started, but Hyoan cut him off.

Do you even love them anymore?” Hyoan asked. “You're the head manager. You're supposed to love and support them through everything they do. But you're not doing that. You're-”

It's okay, hyung,” Sunggyu said, placing his hand on Hyoan's shoulder and smiling sadly at him. “We're going out with Kyle now.”

C'mon Kyle,” Woohyun said, taking the boy's hand and leading him out the door.

The three walked together in silence while the cold wind bit at their exposed pieces of skin. Woohyun had his head bowed, letting his head fill with Jungryul's words. Every piece of displeasing words that came from his mouth stabbed at Woohyun's heart. It hurt knowing that the man he trusted so much for eight years hated him. He couldn't stand the thought of being around him for any longer.

Don't let his words get to you,” Sunggyu said softly, looking worriedly at his boyfriend. “He'll get over it.”

Yeah,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head. “You're right, but it's still hard.”

It is,” Sunggyu replied. “But-”

Little boy! Are you okay?!” Kyle cried, pulling out of Woohyun's and Sunggyu's hold.

The two looked up to find him running towards a small boy under a tree. The couple exchanged glances, before running after him. The boy looked really frail, and his skin looked so pale as if he were sick. He was crying loudly and taking deep breathes. It didn't even seem like he noticed the three surrounding him.

What's wrong, baby?” Sunggyu asked, kneeling down in front of him and brushing the hair out of his eyes.

M-m-my f-f-foster f-f-family,” he cried, looking up at them with red eyes. “Th-they a-a-abandoned me.”

When?” Sunggyu asked, looking at Woohyun.

A w-w-week ago. They yelled at me and hit me and t-t-told me to always stay a-at a train station f-f-far from home,” he said, heaving loudly. “Th-they d-didn't t-take me back t-to my or-orferge c-cause I loved it.”

Do you know where your orphanage is?” Sunggyu asked him. “Or the name of it?”

No,” the boy said, shaking his head. “Only Miss Lee Noona is what I remember.”

Hyung,” Woohyun said, glancing at Sunggyu. “What should we do?”

Let's take him out to eat. He must be starved. Call Hyoan hyung to pick us up from the ramyeon cafe,” Sunggyu replied as he helped the boy up and brought him in to his arms. “What's your name?”

E-everyone always called me B-boy,”he said, shaking his head.

That's mean,” Kyle said, shaking his head. “I don't like that! I'm gonna call you Woosoon. Daddy, Aboji, can I call him Woosoon?”

That's up to him, Kyle,” Sunggyu replied as Woohyun talked on the phone. “What do you think, baby?”

I like that better than Boy,” the kid replied, finally laughing and nodding his head. “I'll let my new name be Woosoon.”

Nam Woosoon,” Kyle added.

Why Nam?” Woosoon asked, looking at him.

Cause that's mine and Daddy's last name,” Kyle told him.

Okay, then I'm Nam Woosoon now,” Woosoon said, breaking out in a bright smile.

Alright, Woosoon-ah, for you you can call me hyung,” Sunggyu said as he carried him into the ramyeon cafe.

How can I help you?” a waitress at the front asked, recognizing Woohyun and Sunggyu right away. “Would you like the VIP room?”

No thank you,” Sunggyu replied, shaking his head. “Just the seat closest to the entrance.”

Would you like the celebrity discount?” she asked.

That would be nice,” Woohyun replied, putting his phone away and picking Kyle up in his arms.

Alright,” the waitress said, picking up four menus and leading them to a booth.

Can we get two booster seats?” Sunggyu asked, setting Woosoon down on his lap. “The boys are too small to reach the table.”

Yes, of course,” the waitress said, handing them their menus and walking away.

Woosoon, when was the last time you ate something?” Sunggyu asked, wiping away his dried tears with a napkin.

Um... Three days ago this nice ahjamma gave me a bowl of rice and some kimchi,” Woosoon said, quietly. “That's all.”

When was the last time you had water?” Woohyun asked, frowning.

This morning,” Woosoon replied, causing the two to sigh in relief.

How old are you?” Woohyun asked, staring at the frail boy.

My birthday is January 31st, 2013,” Woosoon replied. “I am five years old!”

Wow, you're a smart one, remembering your birthday like that,” Sunggyu said, smiling at him. “Even Kyle doesn't remember his own birthday. He's five years old, too. But he was born on August 16th, 2013.”

So you're my hyung then,” Kyle stated as the waitress came back with the booster seats.

Thank you,” Sunggyu replied as he and Woohyun scooted over so she could set them down.

Of course,” She replied as Sunggyu placed Woosoon in the booster seat. “Can I get you anything to drink?”

We'll take four waters,” Woohyun replied, putting Kyle in his own seat.

Bubble tea! I want a bubble tea!” Kyle cried, pounding his tiny fists on the table.

And a bubble tea,” Sunggyu said, laughing.

Alright, I'll be right out with that,” the waitress said, walking away once again.

Woohyun! Sunggyu!” a voice cried as Hyoan came running up to them, pulling over a chair in the process.

Hyung, you made it,” Sunggyu said, smiling up at him.

I did,” Hyoan replied. “So is this the kid?”

Ahjusshi,” Kyle said, pointing at Woosoon. “This is Woosoon hyung.”

Thank you Kyle,” Hyoan said with a laugh, before turning to Woosoon. “Hi Woosoon. I'm Hyoan.”

H-hi,” Woosoon said, shyly hiding behind Sunggyu.

So he has no home what so ever?” Hyoan asked, looking at Woohyun and Sunggyu.

He said his foster family abandoned him, which meant they probably had all his files. They probably burnt them all or something if they truly abandoned them,” Woohyun replied, looking worriedly at the poor boy.

Which means he has no identification,” Hyoan said, nodding his head. “He has no where to go.”

Hyung, he's also very sick,” Sunggyu added, touching the boy's forehead. “He's burning up. He hasn't eaten anything in three days. We need to get him to a hospital.”

But we need to register him first. For now, I'm going to need you to nurse him back to health. I'll figure out how to register him and then find a hospital for him,” Hyoan replied.

Does that mean he's our child now?” Sunggyu asked.

Yes,” Hyoan replied. “Unless something comes up otherwise, he's your's. You are already taking care of Kyle. I don't think he would be a problem.”

Not at all,” Sunggyu replied as the waitress brought over their drinks.

Are you ready to order?” she asked them.

We'll take five bowls of kimchi and rice ramyeon,” Sunggyu told her, causing her to nod and walk away once again. “So then he's a part of the family now?”

He is,” Hyoan replied, nodding his head.

Yes! I have a brother!” Kyle cheered happily. “Hyunggie! Guess what!”

Hm?” Woosoon asked, looking up from the water he was gulping down.

Do you know what Appas are?” Kyle asked with a wide grin.

No,” Woosoon replied, shaking his head.

They're famous!” Kyle cried, clapping his hands. “You get to meet Hoya and Myunggie and Yeollie and Jongie and Dongwoo hyungs!”

Are they singers too?” Woosoon asked, looking at Sunggyu.

Yep,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head. “They live with us.”

And here they are,” Woohyun stated, watching as his bandmates came strolling in to the restaurant.

What are you guys doing here?” Dongwoo asked as a waiter lead them to a table next to them.

Eating,” Sunggyu replied, handing Woosoon his own cup of water, since the boy already finished the other glass. “Wow kiddo, you must be thirsty.”

Very very thirsty!” Woosoon replied, nodding his head.

Does your throat hurt?” Woohyun asked.

I don't know what that is, but it feels like it's burning in here,” Woosoon replied, touching his neck.

He might have strep,” Hoya suggested, studying the boy.

He might,” Sunggyu agreed, nodding his head. “Woosoon, does anything else hurt?”

My tummy does,” Woosoon replied. “And I'm very very hungry.”

Would ramyeon be okay for him?” Woohyun asked, looking at Sunggyu.

I guess we'll have to see,” Sunggyu said with a sigh.

Who is he, anyway?” Sungjong asked as they ordered their drinks.

My new brother!” Kyle cried, grinning widely and slurping on his bubble tea.

You adopted a new kid?” Myungsoo asked, staring at the couple. “Jungryul will really not like this. He'll surely have your heads.”

He can think what he wants,” Hyoan stated. “But Jungyeop Sajangnim said he's not allowed to yell at them anymore. Besides, I was the one who suggested they took Woosoon in.”

And there's no way we'll refuse that, either,” Sunggyu added. “Not when he's this sick. He's only five years old, yet he doesn't have a family and he's homeless!”

We're going to give him a home,” Woohyun stated. “Also, Kyle is so lonely. He needs a brother. He's already taken a liking to him.”

I think this is good for the both of them,” Sunggyu replied. “They both need a friend. They need happiness.”

Infinite will give them happiness!” Sungjong declared, looking at all s.

We will!” everyone agreed, nodding their heads. “Always!”


A/N Hey guys, so I'm taking a break from the story line so you can see WooGyu's past and how they got Kyle and Woosoon. I hope you liked this chapter.

Thank you for reading and subscribing and commenting!!! I love you all!!! <3 *throws endless hearts*

I have some surprises to give you soon, but not just yet.