Ch. 26

My Son is An Idol

Two Months Later

The ICEE boys gathered around Starfish’s waiting room, Woosoon now on crutches. All four girls looked nervous, considering this was their debut stage. Misun stood by her brothers, letting the two lead her through vocal exercises. She couldn’t believe she was already debuting. Somehow it was just surreal for her.

“You’ll do fine, Misun, I believe in you,” Kyle said with a proud smile, hugging his sister.

“Oppa, I’m only thirteen! How am I even an idol right now? I’m like the youngest singer in a girl group in the history of girl groups!” Misun cried, starting to hyperventilate.

“Whoa whoa, calm down,” Woosoon said with a small laugh. “No one’s gonna criticize you for that. If they do, you have your Oppas here to protect you. Misun, we are so proud of you, you don’t even know. Now go out there and prove to them how amazing you our. Show them how proud you are to be Nam Kyle and Nam Woosoon’s younger sister. Show them your Nam pride! Right after you, Appas will be performing. They have your back. Infinite has your back. ICEE has your back. Kyle and I have your back. You can do this, Misun.”

“Thank you, Oppa,” Misun said, hugging both her brothers and then running over to her group. “Come on guys, let’s do this! Let’s destroy those charts!””

“That’s the spirit, Misun!” her leader, Haru, cried, clapping her hands. “Come on girls, stay positive! I know we’re all nervous, but let’s not show that to the audience! Let’s show them what we’re made of! Haley, Megan, Misun, are you three ready?”

“Yes Unni!” the three girls cried together, nodding their heads.

“Alright girls,” Kwangsoo said with a smile. “I have faith in you. You better follow well in ICEE’s footsteps! You’re our sisters, and we’re going to protect you with all we’ve got.”

“And one more thing,” Woosoon said, just as the whole room went dark. The girls looked around the room, not even noticing that candles were lit until then. “Happy birthday-”

And after Woosoon’s lead, everyone started singing happy birthday, turning on Misun. Misun’s eyes widened as she covered in surprise. Woohyun and Sunggyu came walking in, carrying a large cake. Misun started crying as the two made their way to their daughter. Kyle and Woosoon pulled their sister into a hug, grinning widely.

“Happy birthday, little sister,” Woosoon whispered into her ear.

“It’s twelve days late, I’m sorry,” Woohyun said, holding out the cake to her. “We all have been busy with our separate schedules, so we couldn’t do anything. But we wanted to make tonight special for you, since the whole family and your band is all here.”

“Happy birthday, Nam Misun,” Sunggyu said with a wide grin, pushing the cake closer to her. “Make a wish.”

“You guys,” Misun whispered, before closing her eyes and blowing out the candles. “Thank you so much.”

Everyone cheered and the lights went back on. Kyle and Woosoon pulled their sister into a hug once again, which was soon followed by their fathers after they handed the cake off to the girls. Misun couldn’t describe how happy she was to have them there for her. She loved her family more than anything. This was the most special moment for her.

“I almost forgot about my birthday,” Misun admitted. “The girls did something for me on the thirteenth, but it just slipped my mind really. Thank you guys so much.”

“Now,” Sunggyu said with a grin, just as Starfish was called onto the stage. “Go have an amazing debut stage. We’ll be watching from back stage, while ICEE is here in your waiting room cheering you on. We’ll be on stage right after you guys. Break a leg. I believe in you girls!”

“Now let’s go!” Woohyun cried, pulling the girls and Sunggyu out of the room.

“I’m so proud of her,” Woosoon said with a big grin while Kwangsoo and Kangson blew out the candles and Hongchul led Woosoon to sit down with him.

“So am I,” Kyle agreed, while everyone positioned themselves in front of the tv. “Let’s cheer them on!”

“Now, we have this lovely girl group debuting right here tonight on M! Countdown!” one of the mcs cried, causing the boys to cheer and clap their hands. “One of the girls is the sister of ICEE members, Nam Woosoon and Kyle Nam. Please welcome the sister group of ICEE, Starfish!”

The boys cheered loudly as the lights went out and the focus was another stage. They could hear cheering from the audience, but all they had eyes for were the girls. The lights came on and it showed the girls in a diamond position. The music started and Haru’s head went up, followed by the other three. Haru started singing and the other three started their dance.

The song was a nice, soft concept as they sang about an Autumn love. The dance moves were smooth and soft, with small swirls and jumps every once in a while. Misun, following after Kyle in the skill, had a nice smooth rap, surprising the boys in the room. Kyle just nodded proudly at his sister, glad that there was another rapper in the family. Woosoon just watched his younger sister in awe, feeling even more proud of her.

Once the song ended, the girls bowed deeply and ran off the stage. The lights then started flickering and Infinite came onto the stage on a rising platform. However, the platform didn’t stop at ground level, but rose till it was about six feet above ground level. The lights stopped flashing and a spotlight was placed on Sunggyu as he started singing. Fanchants for Infinite started around the room, causing the members on stage to smile.

Woosoon and Kyle watched their fathers with anticipation, amazed at how awesome they were. Because of their fathers, they could brag about how they were proud sons. Their fathers were the most awesome guys in the world, according to the two boys. While Infinite continued to perform, Woosoon and Kyle turned to each other with wide smiles on their faces. This is what they always wanted to see, their fathers performing live as Infinite. It was their first time seeing them perform live, and the two couldn’t be any happier that their dream has come true. This was probably the best night ever, in their opinion.


Here's a short chapter for you guys. I'm sooooo sorry for the long wait =_= On top of that I broke my phone and computer, of course. But I hope you guys liked this chapter! (time to go back to fangirling over BTS's comeback pictures)