Ch. 3

My Son is An Idol

“WAKE UP BOYS!” a voice shouted, causing Woosoon to groan and roll over in bed.

“Is that a megaphone?” Kyle groaned, sitting up in his bed.

“I don't care what it is,” Woosoon said, pulling the pillow over his head and trying to fall back asleep again.

The door slammed open and their manager came stomping in. He had a blow horn in one hand and a mega phone in another. Without warning, he blew the blow horn really loud, causing the three boys in the room to groan in annoyance. Woosoon tightened the pillow around his head, refusing to get up. The manager apparently didn't like this and blew the horn one more time.

“Nam Woosoon, Nam Kyle and Kang Son Yeol! Get out of bed right now!” the manager shouted through the megaphone.

“Ugh, I don't want to get up!” Woosoon whined, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes.

“All of you, dress in sweats and a t shirt, and on your way out grab a cereal bar and a water bottle. I expect you to be outside in ten minutes!” the manager cried.

“But what about showers?” Kang Son asked, sitting up in his bed.

“Showers can wait till after,” the manager said, before walking out of the room and heading over to wake up the other members.

“What is this all about?” Woosoon asked, standing up and walking over to his dresser.

“Something weird,” Kyle said, immediately stripping himself of his clothing and throwing on a pair of sweats he had lying in the middle of the floor.

“You know you really need to clean your stuff up, right?” Woosoon asked, eying his brother's mess.

He then just shook his head and started dressing in his own clothes. He's used to Kyle being a complete slob, considering all the times Sunggyu would get mad at him for having a messy room. That's the only thing Kyle took after Woohyun for. Even if the two weren't Woohyun's and Sunggyu's biological kids, the two still found similarities between them and their fathers. Woosoon was a clean freak like Sunggyu, but everything else about him was exactly like Woohyun.

Once the three were done dressing, they slowly made their way out of their bedroom. On the table was plastic water bottles full of ice cold water. Next to them were the cereal bars the manager was talking about. Woosoon walked over and grabbed a bar and a bottle, before heading outside. He quickly slipped on his shoes, jogging outside to meet his manager.

“I'm surprised, Woosoon,” the manager said, studying him up and down. “You were the only one who refused to wake up, yet you're the first one outside.”

“You're surprised I'm listening to my elders?” Woosoon asked with raised eyebrows. “You know, if you had my father, then you would listen to your elders, too. He can be very scary when he wants to be.”

“He's right,” Kyle said, slinging his arm around his brother's shoulders. “Appa is very big on respecting your elders.”

“Yeah,” Woosoon replied, nodding his head as everyone else joined them outside.

“Alright, good, you guys made it on time,” the manager said, before placing the megaphone to his mouth. “Everyone get in a straight line!”

The boys listened to what he said and formed a line from oldest to youngest. Everyone looked as tired as hell. It's understandable, since it's only 5 in the morning. The sun wasn't even out yet. In Woosoon's mind, this was the definition of hell.

“Alright! Answer when I call your name!” the manager called through his megaphone. “NAM KYLE!”

“Here!” Kyle cried, exchanging confused glances with his brother.

“NAM WOOSOON!”

“Here!” Woosoon cried, shrugging his shoulders at Kyle and looking and Kang Son.

“JUNG KWANG SOO!”

“Right here, sir!” Kwang Soo cried, bowing to the manager.

“HO HONG CHUL!”

“Here!” Hongchul cried, waving his hand around.

“KANG SON YEOL!”

“Right here, hyung,” Kang Son said, frowning slightly.

“YOUNG JANG YEOP!”

“I'm here, sir,” Jang said, also frowning.

“KIM DONG MOON!”

“Here,” Dong Moon squeaked as the manager kicked him.

“Alright, follow me!” the manager cried, leading the boys away from the dorms.

“What's going on?” Kyle asked, frowning and crossing his arms as they followed the manager.

“No idea, but I don't like it,” Woosoon replied, shaking his head.

“We're running or something,” Dong Moon said, looking back at them.

“I don't want to run!” Woosoon cried, shaking his head. “It's too cold!”

“It's WAY too cold!” Hongchul cried, nodding his head in agreement.

“It's not even cold out, guys,” Jang said, laughing at s. “It's the middle of June!”

“It's too hot,” Kyle stated.

“It's NOT hot!” Woosoon cried, looking at his brother.

“Well, it's dark outside,” Dong Moon stated.

“That it is,” Kwang Soo said, laughing.

The boys made it to the Han river and stood in front of their manager. The manager looked from one person to the other, before telling each of them to for about thirty minutes one way, and then come back. Everyone exchanged glances before nodding their heads. They definitely didn't want to do this, but their manager required it. With a sigh, Woosoon was the first one to take off.

“Woosoon, wait up!” Kwang Soo cried, running up to catch up with him. “Damn you're fast.”

“I play soccer with my father,” Woosoon replied, still keeping his same pace.

“Your father is very athletic, isn't he?” Kwang Soo asked him.

“Wait for me!” Kang Son cried, running up to them. “You left me behind!”

“I might leave you guys behind again,” Woosoon replied, laughing. “I'm not gonna stop running this pace. I can run for hours and not get tired.”

“Well obviously your brother can't,” Kwang Soo said, looking behind him. “He's already out of sight.”

“You know we take after one of our fathers. I take after Woohyun and I'm very energetic and sportsy, while he's very lazy,” Woosoon replied, shaking his head.

“That makes sense,” Kwang Soo said, nodding his head. “Alright, this is as far as I'm going to run with you guys. I'm out of breath.”

“All right, bye hyung!” Woosoon cried, continuing to run.

“Later hyung,” Kang Son said to Woosoon. “I can't run as fast as you.

“Okay!” Woosoon cried, before picking up his speed and round a corner on the path.

...

Misun sat in her living room, right next to Sungyeol's and Myungsoo's son, Sunghyun. The five kids were running around, shouting and laughing together. The adults had asked the two to watch the kids because they were going out. Misun only accepted because she was getting paid. Sunghyun agreed, because he was still allowed to play his video games.

“Listen to me!” Sunghyun's younger brother, Sungjun, cried. “I'm the boss!”

“No you're not,” Sunghyun said, putting down his game and looking at his brother. “I'm the boss.”

“I am TOO the boss!” Sungjun cried, nodding his head repeatedly. “Myung Appa and Yeol Appa says you're the boss cause you're older than me! But I'm older than them, so I'm the boss of them! I'm eight and they're only six, five and four!”

“You're not the boss of them, Sungjun,” Sunghyun said with a sigh.

“Sunghyun hyung, I don't want to listen to him,” Dongwoo's son, Jaehwa, said, climbing on to Sunghyun's lap.

“Me no listen!” Hoya's son, Kang Re, agreed, nodding his head. “Hyung, I no listen to him.”

“You don't have to listen to him,” Sunghyun replied, smiling at the two boys.

“Hyung, do you know Tagalog? I know Kyle knows it!” Jaehwa asked, resting his head on on Sunghyun's lap.

“What's Tagalog?” Sungjun asked, frowning.

“You know what it is,” Sunghyun said, rolling his eyes. “It's the Filipino language.”

“We're Filipino, right?” Sungjun asked.

“No, you're Korean!” Hoya's daughter, Ma Re, said, rolling her eyes.

“No! I'm Filipino!” Sungjun cried, shaking his head. “I live in Korea, but that doesn't mean I'm Korean, pabo!”

“Yeah,” Jaehwa said, nodding his head in agreement. “And I'm Filipino and so is Sunghyun hyung!”

“But then why is Kyle Oppa Korean when he was born in the Philippines?” Ma Re asked.

“The people who had him were fully Korean,” Misun said. “They lived in the Philippines and had him there. Then Appa and Dad adopted him.”

“Oh, okay,” Ma Re said, nodding her head. “So he's not Filipino?”

“No, Kyle Oppa is not Filipino,” Misun said, shaking her head. “But he's fluent in the language.”

“Oh, I get it,” Ma Re replied, looking at Maehwa, Dongwoo's daughter. “Do you get it?”

“Yes, I get it, Unnie,” Maehwa said, nodding her head.

“Hyung,” Jaehwa said, causing everyone to turn on him. “What is hyung in Tagalog?”

“It's Kuya,” Sunghyun said with a sigh.

“What about Oppa?” Sungjun asked, sitting down next to his brother.

“It's also Kuya,” Sunghyun told him.

“Can I call you Kuya, hyung?” Jaehwa asked.

“Yeah, me too?” Ma Re asked.

“No,” Sunghyun said, shaking his head.

“What is noona in Tagalog?” Jaehwa asked.

“It's Ate,” Sunghyun replied, picking back up his game.

“What about unnie?” Ma Re asked.

“Ate,” Sunghyun replied.

“Misun noona, can we play a game?” Jaehwa asked, turning on Misun.

“What kind of game do you want to play?” Misun asked with a sigh.

“Cars!” Kang Re cried, grinning widely.

“Yeah, cars,” Jaehwa said, nodding his head.

“Cars it is, then,” Misun said, getting of the couch.

“Why are we here, hyung?” Sungjong asked as he followed Sunggyu and Woohyun with their other former members.

Woohyun turned around with a wide grin on his face. Sunggyu stopped a few seconds later, leaning against a door. He turned to face everyone, tapping his foot with crossed arms. Everyone watched him with curious eyes. They were standing right in front of their old dance studio.

“Well Sunggyu and I thought we should spend a day in the past,” Woohyun said, looking at the faces of all his friends. “Sure, we see each other everyday and hang out like we used to. But I know we ALL miss Infinite more than anything. We miss being IN Infinite.”

“That's true,” Dongwoo said, nodding his head. “It's not the same. I mean, I know we're all happy that we're friends and that we talk all the time. Yet being Infinite has much more of a meaning to us.”

“So we're dancing and singing our old songs?” Sungyeol asked, causing Sunggyu to nod. “HYUNGS! YOU ARE THE SMARTEST PEOPLE EVER!”

“Why thank you,” Woohyun said with a cocky grin.

“I don't really remember the dances,” Myungsoo said, frowning.

“That's why we relearn them,” Hoya stated, shrugging his shoulders.

“Exactly,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head. “This will be fun, guys. Just like old time.”

“It will feel like Infinite again,” Woohyun agreed, nodding his head as well. “I know how much you guys miss being idols.”

“Maybe we should have a comeback,” Sungyeol replied, his eyes widening in excitement.

“We'll discuss the possibilities of that later,” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “Let's dance.”

“I agree,” Hoya said, as everyone followed Sunggyu in to the room.

Woohyun took his laptop out of his backpack and handed it to his husband. Sunggyu plugged it in to the projector. He then turned the computer on and a bunch of videos popped up. They were all dance tutorials of their old dances. They sat and watched the dances, and Hoya started dancing them as they went on.

Just like that, Hoya relearned the dances in one try and helped everyone else learn them. The old band mates together danced and sang to their old songs. They laughed together, talking about the past. To Woohyun, it felt like the past. He was happy he and Sunggyu made this decision.  


A/N Aww, thanks for subscribing guys! I hope this story is okay for you... I'm positive this won't be as popular as my other stories, but that's okay. It's still fun to write. No matter what, I love every single one of my readers!

By the way, school starts tomorrow, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update now. I guess we'll see ><