Ch. 13

My Son is An Idol

“Boys, let’s go!” a voice shouted as a very familiar face came walking in through the front door.

“Hyung?” Hongchul asked in surprise. “What are you doing here? I thought Sunghyun was our manager now!”

“We’re both your managers, pabo,” the manager stated. “Now where is everyone?”

“Junhae Hyung!” Dongmoon shouted, running into the room and tackling his manager into a hug. “I missed you!”

“It’s nice to see you too,” Junhae said with a laugh. “Now where are the others?”

“They’re all still sleeping,” Hongchul stated, shrugging his shoulders.

“Still sleeping?” Junhae asked with wide eyes. “Did you guys not know you have a fansign this morning?”

“Sunghyun hyung told us last night after practice,” Hongchul replied. “He had to go pick up Woosoon and Kyle. I don’t think they even know yet, actually... But anyway, he said he’d wake the others up when he got back.”

“Did you just call Sunghyun-sshi hyung?” Dongmoon asked, frowning. “You’re older than him!”

“I am?!” Hongchul asked in surprise, turning on his roommate. “Since when?!”

“Since forever?” Dongmoon replied, shrugging his shoulders.

“Wait, went to pick up Kyle and Woosoon? Where are they?” the manager asked with a frown.

“Oh, they went home last night,” Dongmoon told him. “Kyle told me they’re grounded and Sunggyu took away Woosoon’s phone.”

“They’re grounded? Why?” the manager asked in confusion.

“Well, we kinda got in trouble yesterday... Woosoon and I more so than the others...” Hongchul replied, nervously. “The CEO punished Dongmoon, Sonyeol and I, but Woohyun and Sunggyu wouldn’t allow him to punish those two.”

“What did you guys do?” Junhae asked, moving past them and into the living room.

“Well... We arrived to practice late... Woosoon and I were later because we went to a cafe to sit down...” Hongchul told him.

“And what’s your punishment?” the manager asked.

“Kangson and I just got a warning... And the CEO scolded us... And then Sunghyun-sshi did,” Dongmoon told him. “Hongchul hyung, on the other hand, got his phone taken away like Woosoon did. And he’s not allowed of the dorm unless we have a schedule or practice.”

“Alright, we’re here,” a new voice said as Sunghyun walked in with Kyle and Woosoon. “Oh good, you’re here hyung! Can you wake up Sonyeol? I’ll get Kwangsoo and Jangyeop.”

“Yeah, sure,” Junhae said, walking out of the room with the other manager.

The four young idols stood there awkwardly, exchanging looks with each other. Kyle and Dongmoon suddenly broke out in huge smiles before racing each other over to the game system. Woosoon and Hongchul, on the other hand, just continued to stand there. Woosoon looked very upset and out of it. The other boy didn’t know what to do.

“Woosoon, follow me,” Hongchul said after a couple minutes of silence.

The two boys went into Hongchul’s room and Hongchul shut the door and locked it. He then leaned against the door and looked at Woosoon, who was now sulking on the older boy’s bed. Hongchul’s heart skipped a beat in his chest at the sight. He never once felt this protective over the younger boy. But now the feeling was overwhelming him.

“Hey, you okay?” Hongchul asked, pushing off the door and walking over to his younger band member.

Woosoon suddenly let out a soft sob and rolled up into a fetal position. He buried his face in his arms. Hongchul’s heart broke even more, leaving him unsure of what to do. He slowly sat down next to the boy and pulled him into a hug. Before he could say anything, however, there was a knock on the door.

“Hongchul, Woosoon, we need to go,” Sunghyun told them.

“Can you give us a few minutes, please?” Hongchul begged, tightening his hug.

“Alright... Is everything alright?” Sunghyun asked.

“It will be,” Hongchul replied with a sigh.

After a few moments, Hongchul figured the manager had walked away. He continued to hug Woosoon, patting his back at the same time. Woosoon’s crying became louder, so Hongchul the radio so no one could hear him and come in and bug them. Hongchul figured this is what the boy wanted.

“H-hyung,” Woosoon whispered after a few minutes. “Thank you.”

“Always, NaSoon,” Hongchul said, smiling at the nickname he gave the boy when they were trainees. “I’ll always be here for you.”

“N-neh,” Woosoon replied, finally hugging Honchul back and making the older boy’s heart skip yet another beat.

“W-we should go,” Hongchul said after a little while, trying to calm down his now racing heart. “L-let’s go.”

“Ani!” Woosoon whined after his hyung pulled away. “I want hyung to hug me more! I miss hyung!”

“I’m sorry,” Hongchul said with sad eyes. “Come on, let’s go.”

...

“That’s new!” Jang exclaimed as the boys sat in the waiting room, waiting for their fansign to start.

“What’s that?” Kwangsoo asked, looking up from his book.

“That,” Jang replied, pointing at Woosoon and Hongchul in the corner. “Usually Hongchul’s over here racing me on Mario Cart while Woosoon’s hanging out with you. I’ve never seen them cling to each other like that. I wonder what’s going on.”

“Looks like they ditched us for each other,” Kwangsoo said with a small smile. “It makes me proud, honestly. Those two used to be so distant.”

“That’s so true,” Jang replied, also smiling.

“Hyungs!” Kangson cried, running over to the two. “Dongmoon hyung says he wants Kyle to move into his room! He’s trying to kick Hongchul hyung out! Hongchul hyung doesn’t even know!”

“How about you tell Hongchul and Dongmoon to come talk to me,” Kwangsoo told him.

“Okay!” Kangson cried before bellowing out, “DONGMOON! HONGCHUL! KWANGIE HYUNG WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!”

“Yah! I could’ve done that,” Kwangsoo said with a sigh.

Seconds later his whole band was standing in front of him. Kwangsoo sighed and told Jang to take the younger ones away so he could talk to the other two in private. Hongchul, thinking he was in trouble, got all scared and tried to hold on to Woosoon and have him stay. Kwangsoo gave him a small smiled, waiting for Jang to take the kids away. He just wanted this to be between the three of them.

“Hyung! What is it?” Dongmoon whined, stomping his feet in frustration.

“Well, first, I couldn’t help but notice how close you two are to the brothers,” Kwangsoo started. “Is there something going on there?”

“What?! No!” Hongchul cried immediately, before turning bright red. “I’m just being a good hyung.”

“Okay then, Hongchul-ah,” Kwangsoo said with a laugh. “With that being said, I heard you wanted Kyle as your roommate, Dongmoon.”

“I do I do!” Dongmoon cried, nodding his head.

“And what’s wrong with Hongchul being your roommate?”

“Nothing! It’s just Kyle’s-”

“Your best friend. I get it,” the leader finished for him. “But first you need to make sure with your own roommate if it’s okay to switch. Hongchul, would you mind switching rooms with Kyle?”

“Well, I don’t really want a room with three...” Hongchul replied, frowning.

“Being the hyung, you get a say in the matter,” Kwangsoo assured him. “So out of the three in the room, who would you rather room with?”

“Woosoon,” he said without even thinking about it.

“I should have guessed,” Kwangsoo said with a laugh. “Woosoon! Come over here!”

“Neh hyung!” Woosoon cried, rushing over to them. “What’s up?”

“Do you want to trade rooms with Dongmoon?” Kwangsoo asked him.

“And room with Hongchul hyung?” Woosoon asked, smiling softly at said hyung. “That sounds fine.”

“then it’s settled. You two will switch rooms once Kyle and Woosoon are allowed to come back to the dorms,” Kwangsoo told them. “Now, we have a fansign to go to.”

 

A/N Took me long enough to update =_= I'm sooooo sorry guys! I've been busy preparing my Got7 fic I'm writing. I'm sorry!!! Well, this is my very first update in the New Year of any of my stories. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! BTW, this story is going to be a very very very long story! XDDD Let's see where 2015 brings us with this story! :p