Ch. 5

My Son is An Idol

Boys, let's go,” the manager announced, looking at the seven boys spread out around the room.

Go where?” Kwang Soo asked, looking up from his book.

They finally finished their first week of promotions for their album, which made them very relieved. They were excited to see where they would go because of this album. They all felt very confident of what they've put out there. Like Kang Son wished, they had over 1 million views for their music video, and it's only been a little over a week since it was released. They were also topping all the charts with each of their songs, even Hysterie.

Just get in the car,” the manager ordered, causing everyone to jump up in obedience and rush out the door.

Once they made it to the van, Kwang Soo hopped in the front seat, while everyone else piled in the back. Kyle and Woosoon fought over the window seat in the way back. Kyle pushed Woosoon over so he tumbled out the car and dived in to the seat. Once he was sitting, he cheered in victory and watched as Hongchul and Jang took their seats next to him. He figured he had the best seat in the car.

Woosoon, on the other hand, sat on the pavement, pouting. The members already in the car gave no attempt of helping him up. Dong Moon also just walked right past him and in to the car. Woosoon angrily pushed himself up, following Kang Son in to the car. With out another word to his band mates, he plugged in his music and stared out the window.

The manager soon got in the car and they were off. Kyle started a game of I-Spy with Kang Son, and soon everyone but Woosoon joined in. After about an hour, the manager pulled up into a dirt road. He stopped the car and told everyone to get out. They did as he said and followed him up a path leading to a small house.

They were greeted by cameras and a man dressed in black. He bowed at the manager, who bowed back and left the kids. Each of the boys exchanged glances, before looking back at the man. He picked up his microphone and looked at each of the boys. He then looked at a camera and started talking.

Welcome to 'Be My Manager!' I am your host, Cho Kyuhyun,” the man said, grinning widely.

Hey, wasn't that guy in the group Super Junior or something?” Dong Moon asked, elbowing Kyle in the side.

I was,” Kyuhyun said, turning to the boys. “I'm glad you recognize me.”

So what is this show about?” Woosoon asked, tilting his head to the side. “Our manager didn't tell us anything.”

Well, this is a show just for you guys,” Kyuhyun replied. “It's your very first variety show, if I'm not mistaken. Your company has been going off about how you need another manager, so this show is training for your new manager. We'll be here for 15 days, following how you and your new manager works together.”

New manager?” Kyle asked, frowning. “Who is that?”

You'll be surprised. Should I call him out?” Kyuhyun asked.

Yes please!” the ICEE boys cried together, nodding their heads.

Alright,” Kyuhyun said, pausing for a special effect. “Alright! Let's meet our new manager!”

The boys bounced impatiently, waiting for whoever it was going to be to show up. A man walked out with a small mask covering his face. He had darker skin than a regular Korean and he was slightly shorter than the rest of them. He had spiked hair. In a way, he seemed very familiar to Kyle and Woosoon.

Kyle,” Woosoon whispered, tilting his head to the side. “Is that... Kim Sunghyun hyung?”

Sungyeol's son?” Kyle asked, frowning. “I-I don't know.”

Boys, meet your new manager,” Kyuhyun said. “Kiiiim Sunghyun!”

What?!” Kyle and Woosoon cried together, their jaws dropping open in surprise as Sunghyun pulled off his mask.

Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Sunghyun imnida,” the boy said, bowing to them.

Tell us about yourself, Sunghyun-sshi,” Kyuhyun said, gestering towards the boy.

Ah, I'm 16 years old,” Sunghyun said, nodding his head. “I'm a childhood friend of Woosoon and Kyle's. Uh, my parents are Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo from Infinite. I have a little brother. Oh, and I'm from the Philippines.”

Your father is SUNGYEOL?!” Dong Moon cried, breaking out in laughter. “I met Sungyeol for the first time a week ago! He was fighting Woohyun about a phone or something.”

They do that all the time,” Sunghyun replied, shrugging his shoulders.

SUNGHYUN HYUNG!” Woosoon suddenly yelled, running up and hugging the boy tightly. “Why didn't you tell me you were going to be our manager?!”

I just found out, actually,” Sunghyun replied. “Myung Appa came home last night saying the person they had hired that was originally going to be on this show had ditched the show last second because of personal reasons. So then Yeol Appa dragged me here this morning without telling me what was going on.”

Of course he did,” Kyle replied, snorting loudly.

Now anyway,” Kyuhyun said, calling the attention back to him. “Let's get inside and get this party started!”

Hyung,” Woohyun said, sitting on the bed next to Sunggyu, pulling him in to a hug. “Talk to me.”

I'm reading,” Sunggyu replied, not even looking up from his book.

Hyung!” Woohyun whined, pouting.

What is it?” Sunggyu asked, finally looking up from his book.

Why do you keep ignoring me?” Woohyun asked, still pouting.

Because I'm reading,” Sunggyu replied, shrugging his shoulders.

I see how it is,” Woohyun said, letting go of Sunggyu and crossing his arms. “Books are better than me.”

Hyun, don't be this way,” Sunggyu said, frowning.

But you don't like me,” Woohyun replied, still pouting.

How old are you, five?” Sunggyu asked, laughing. “Come on Hyun, I'm paying attention to you now, aren't I?”

Still,” Woohyun said, shaking his head.

Come on, don't be like this,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, hugging him. “You know I love you, right?”

I know,” Woohyun, smiling slightly. “I love you too, hyung.”

You better,” Sunggyu replied, laughing. “Now anyway, what did you want to talk about?”

I was thinking about what we were talking about with the others,” Woohyun replied slowly, playing with the hem of his shirt. “Hyung, I know you want to be a singer again. All of us do. We miss that life we once had. I think... I think we should become idols again. All seven of us. I think we should bring back Infinite.”

Woohyun,” Sunggyu said, frowning. “That's...”

Don't say it's impossible, because I know it's not,” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “Woollim might have a different CEO now, but he's Jung Yeop's son. He knows how special we are to the company. If we just TALK to him, I bet he would let us be Infinite once again. I want to bring back Infinite more than anything, and probably more than the others as well. Hyung, you know Infinite is our life.”

But what about Misun?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

She's been telling me that she's going to audition under Woollim. We all know she'll make it right away. This girl is amazing,” Woohyun said, looking straight in to Sunggyu's eyes. “And Dongwoo said he talked to Soo Jung. She said she would be more than happy to take care of the five kids when we're not around. You heard Sunghyun is now ICEE's manager, right? Well, if Misun is at Woollim, then that only leaves Kang Re, Ma Re, Sungjun and her own kids. She loves all of them.”

That's true,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “And if Misun becomes a trainee at Woollim, they'll probably let her stay in the dorms.”

And we don't even have to stay in the dorms, since we're old enough,” Woohyun added. “We're not kids anymore, and we do have our own families. We won't be restricted to those rules. If anything, everyone could crash here if they wanted. We're used to that, anyway.”

That's also true,” Sunggyu replied, considering everything his husband said. “But what if Misun doesn't make it? I'm not saying she won't. You and I both know I have complete faith in her. Yet how can we be sure.”

If anything, she'll stay with Soo Jung and the kids when we're not around,” Woohyun stated. “Hyung, you know how much ALL of us want this. I don't think any of us actually wanted to leave Infinite. I think the scandal was so hard on us that we were forced to leave. Yet now that whole scandal has been brushed aside and everyone loves us for who we are. The fans would love it if we came back. That's exactly what it would be, a come back after eight years!”

I don't know if it would really be considered a come back,” Sunggyu said, frowning.

It will, hyung! We didn't even have a goodbye stage which said Infinite was leaving. It's still left open to whether Infinite is coming back or not,” Woohyun replied. “Hyung, we still have a chance! Shinhwa did it! I mean, it was only after 3 years, but still! They even made their own company! I mean, I know we're not going to do that or anything, but still! How old was the oldest when they came back in 2011? 32 or something?”

Woohyun, we're a lot older than that now!” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “You're already 36. I'm 38.”

They went on for a while, hyung,” Woohyun replied. “We have about another five years left within us. Let's sign a five your contract. Maybe after wards, we can make an Infinite company! ICEE can transfer over to us.”

Woohyun...”

Hyung, I. Want. To. Be. In. Infinite. Again.” Woohyun stressed, letting out an irritated sigh. “I've wanted this ever since we disbanded! We never gave the Inspirits a proper goodbye stage. It's only right, hyung. I know how much you love singing. I know how much you miss performing. I know how much you love being a vocal instructor for those boys because you can't sing otherwise. Hyung, I really do know. I know how much you need this. I know how much we all need this.”

I know, Woohyun,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “I know. It's just not going to be as easy as you think.”

I know that,” Woohyun cried in irritation. “I know! It still doesn't mean I don't want it. Hyung, please!”

Fine,” Sunggyu said at last. “We can try.”

Not try, we will,” Woohyun stated. “Hyung, we will make it. I know we will. Infinite can do anything!”

I guess you're right,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “So then what should we do?”

I'll call the CEO for an appointment. I'll make sure all seven of us show up,” Woohyun replied. “We need this, Sunggyu.”

We do need this,” Sunggyu agreed. “It's such a great idea, too. It will just be a hard road to go down.”

But it will be a familiar road. If anything, we can make the whole album process easier for them. Dongwoo and I can write the songs. Hoya can work on the dances. Myungsoo's company he works for can be our photographers. We can record the songs. All we need is for someone to put together the album and produce it for us,” Woohyun stated. “We can do what NELL did. We can make our own music and everything, yet Woollim will be the label we're under. Woollim will help us promote.”

How did you get so smart?” Sunggyu asked, laughing.

I guess that was a gift from my beautiful husband,” Woohyun replied, smiling at him. “My gorgeous husband.”

You're so cheesy,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head.

Because I love you,” Woohyun replied, laughing and pulling Sunggyu in to a kiss. “I love you more than anything.”

And I love you too,” Sunggyu said, before responding to the kiss.


A/N Ahhh, there you go!! Cheesy WooGyu at the end... My specialty! Hahaha. Now let's see what will happen with Infinite... And ICEE's new manager! 

Thanks for reading and subscribing and upvoting and commenting! I love you all <3