Ch. 19

My Son is An Idol

“Hyungs, we got paid today!” Kangson cried, running into the room.

“We did,” Kwangsoo replied, not even looking up from his book. “We’re all going shopping as soon as Dongmoon and Kyle get back from visiting Woosoon and Hongchul.”

“Who’s taking us?” Kangson asked, sitting down on the couch between the two eldest.

“I am,” Jang replied, setting down his phone he was playing on. “They finally entrusted me with the company car. I hope to get my own care some time later this week.”

“You can drive?” a voice asked as Kyle and Dongmoon walked into the room. “I never knew that.”

“He’s been talking about it since we were trainees, hyung!” Kyle cried, jumping onto Kangson’s lap.

“Hyung!” Kangson whined, trying to push the boy off. “You’re heavy! Get off me!”

“There’s no where else to sit,” Kyle argued, picking up a cookie from the coffee table. “You make a better chair.”

“Kwangsoo hyung! Kyle won’t get off me!” Kangson whined, looking at their leader.

“That’s enough, Kyle,” the leader said. “Now let’s go shopping.”

“How’s Hongchul holding up?” Jang asked as everyone started putting on their shoes.

“He’s in a really bad shape,” Dongmoon replied. “Apparently he and Woosoon had a fight so they’re not talking to each other. I guess Woosoon yelled at him cause he kept worrying about him and not himself. Woosoon, though, is getting worse. They’re going to sedate him tonight.”

“Yeah, so he won’t wake up until after his surgery tomorrow,” Kyle added, nodding his head sadly.

“I really hope it goes well,” Kwangsoo said with a deep sigh. “Not just for our sake, but because we all truly care about him. And for your family, too. We all know how much you guys love him.”

“I have faith that he’ll be alright,” Kyle said, confidently. “My brother is the strongest guy I’ve ever met in my life. He can get through anything, no matter how hard or frustrating it is.”

“You really look up to your brother, don’t you?” Jang asked in awe, holding open the front door so that everyone could pass through.

“Of course I do,” Kyle replied. “That boy is my greatest inspiration.”

 

...

 

“So the winner gets what?” Dongmoon asked, jumping up onto his cart.

“The loser has to treat the winner to a coffee date,” Kyle replied, also jumping up on a cart.

“Is this your way of asking me out, Kyle Nam?” Dongmoon asked with a smirk.

“Why else would it be called a date?” Kyle asked him, before turning on Kangson. “Tell us who wins! Okay, go!”

He set off, leaving behind a very shocked Dongmoon. After a couple of seconds, Dongmoon set off as well, a huge smile breaking out on his face. Kangson watched the two in amusement, running off behind them to see who would win. The race didn’t last wrong since Kyle crashed into a movie display, causing Dongmoon to crash into him. An elderly lady to them in shock and started shouting at them in Chinese.

“Go go go!” Kyle cried, pulling Dongmoon up and running away from the scene as fast as he could.

“Yah! Kim Dongmoon! Kyle Nam!” Kwangsoo cried, running up to the scene.

“We can’t even leave them alone for a second!” Jang groaned, shaking his head before turning on the maknae. “What was that about, anyway?”

“You know Kyle hyung,” Kangson said, shrugging his shoulders. “He’ll use any exotic means of getting his way.”

“And what was that this time?” Kwangsoo asked, walking over to the movie display and working on picking it up.

“A buggy race was Kyle’s way of asking Dongmoon out,” Kangson said, matter of factly.

“His what?” Kwangsoo cried, dropping the movie he was holding.

“That was like the BEST thing in the world!” Kyle cried as the two came back, Kyle holding tightly onto Dongmoon’s wrist. “Sonyeol! Who won?”

“Well, considering you crashed first, that means Dongmoon hyung wins,” Kangson told them.

“Yeah!” Dongmoon cheered, turning on Kyle with a wide grin. “Looks like you get to treat me to coffee! You’re taking me out on our first date!”

“That’s-”

“You three are in SO much trouble when we get home,” Jang snapped, glaring at the younger members as he helped Kwangsoo puck up the display. “I can’t believe how immature you are! And you’re idols!”

“Me?” Kangson asked with wide eyes. “I didn’t do anything!”

“You’re sitting there cheering them on!” Kwangsoo cried, frowning at the maknae. “Don’t say you’re doing nothing.”

“Hyung, that’s not-”

“We’re going to split you two up,” Kwangsoo said, cutting the maknae off. “Kyle and Sonyeol with me. Dongmoon with Jangyeop.”

“I don’t want to be with Jang,” Dongmoon said, frowning. “He’s scary and he’ll yell at me.”

“Let’s go,” Kwangsoo stated, ignoring Dongmoon’s statement.

“You’re mean today, hyung,” Kyle stated as the three walked away, Kangson pushing the cart.

“If you two weren’t causing so much trouble, I might be a little bit more civil towards you,” Kwangsoo said, taking out his shopping list and taking them towards the fish department.

“Whatever,” Kyle stated, jumping into the cart.

“That’s right, just stay in there,” Kwangsoo said with a sigh. “That way you won’t destroy anything else.”

“I’m not a kid, hyung,” Kyle said, pouting as Kwangsoo walked ahead of him.

“You sure act like it,” the leader said, disappearing around a corner.

“Sonyeol,” Kyle said, turning on the maknae. “We need that! Put it in the cart!”

“Hyung-”

“Do it!”

“Okay,” Kangson said, doing as Kyle said and dropping a box of cereal into the cart, followed by like three more boxes. And then more. They continued like that with more and more items until the cart was completely full with unnecessary things.

“What the hell is this?!” Kwangsoo cried, seeing everything piled on top of Kyle. “Kyle Nam! Kang Sonyeol! What are you two doing?! I really can’t leave you two alone, can I? I turn around for a second and suddenly we have a ton of things we don’t even need!”

“We so need this stuff, hyung! Look, this,” Kyle said, holding up a set of nerf guns. “Woosoon hyung and HOngchul hyung would so love these! It would give them something to do while sitting in the hospital for a week!”

“Who raised you? Like seriously?” Kwangsoo asked with a groan.

“Nam Woohyun! Duh! Aren’t I just like my father?” Kyle asked with a grin. “Isn’t it the best thing ever?”

“Right, I forgot,” Kwangsoo said with an irritated sigh. “Nam Woohyun is insane.”

“And the coolest person ever,” Kyle added with a grin. “My dad’s awesome!”

“Can’t argue with you there,” Kwangsoo gave in. “He is pretty great.”

 

...

 

“Hyung, I want that!” Dongmoon cried as he and Jang walked down the bed sheet aisle, pointing at a designer, Star Wars, bed set that was about $50.

“No,” Jang said, not even looking at the bed set and pushing the cart through the aisle, trying to get away from it as fast as he could.

“Please hyung!” Dongmoon whined, stomping loudly behind him.

“I said no,” Jang replied, turning into the bathroom aisle.

“Bathroom stuff? Ew! I don’t want bathroom stuff!” Dongmoon cried, watching as Jang started grabbing toilet bowl cleaners and new towels.

“Stop whining. It’s annoying,” Jang ordered as he set everything into the basket and moved on to the next aisle.

“You’re annoying,” Dongmoon retorted childishly, before seeing a display of computers. “Hyung! Can I get a new laptop! Mine is so old and slow! I can’t use it anymore! I need a laptop!”

“No, Dongmoon,” Jang replied, picking up a laptop anyway.

“But you’re getting one! Why can you get one, but I can’t?” Dongmoon asked with a pout.

“This is for the whole dorm. Junhae hyung said we needed to get one. For work only,” Jang stated, setting it in the cart.

“That’s boring,” Dongmoon replied, yanking on the rope with some sort of alarm on it. “What’s this thing for?”

“It will set off an alarm if someone takes it out of the store without buying it,” Jang stated, continuing on through the store.

“Someone could easily cut it off,” Dongmoon stated, rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, well that’s their problem, not mine,” Jang said, scanning the shelves.

“Jangyeop hyung! It’s a kitty!” Dongmoon cried excitedly, pointing at the pet area where about five kittens were on display.

“We’re not getting a cat, Kim Dongmoon,” Jang said, frowning at his younger band member.

“Hyung, I NEED to get this cat!” Dongmoon cried, running over to the cats.

“Dongmoon, I said no!” Jang cried, shaking his head.

“I don’t care if you said no! I’m buying it with my own money and you can’t stop me!”

“Kim Dongmoon!”

“Don’t tell me what to do, hyung! I want the cat!”

“You’re not getting a cat.”

“I AM TOO!” Dongmoon shouted, causing everyone to look at them. “I want this cat! I want it! I don’t care what you say, hyung! I want this cat!”

“Fine. Get the cat. Just stop yelling,” Jang said, nervously looking at the watching crowd.

“Yay! Thank you hyung!”

 

...

 

“What’s up with the cat?” HOngchul asked as soon as all his bandmates and Misun walked into the room.

“What-” Jang started and turned to face Dongmoon, who was still clinging tightly onto his newly purchased orange and white tabby cat. “Yah! I told you not to bring it in! It’s not allowed in here!”

“First of all, Kyle told me to bring HER in,” Dongmoon stated, hugging the cat to himself. “He said Woosoon would like to meet her cause he loves cats.”

“It’s true!” Kyle cried. “Woosoon hyung absolutely adores cats!”

“He does,” Misun agreed, sitting on Hongchul’s bed. “But our fathers would never get him one.”

“Cause Gyu appa doesn’t like furry things,” Kyle added. “And Dad does whatever Appa says.”

“Ew, Woosoon likes cats?” Hongchul asked in distaste. “Why would he like cats?”

“Don’t let your boyfriend hear you say that,” Kyle scolded him. “He would go on a rampage.”

“Why did you get a cat, anyway?” Hongchul asked Dongmoon.

“I’m not talking to anyone who doesn’t like cats,” Dongmoon stated, turning away from his old roommate. “You’re hurting Kimchi’s feelings.”

“You named your cat Kimchi? Why would you name it after food?” Hongchul asked in disbelief.

“He did,” Jang said with a sigh. “While we went shopping earlier, we passed the pet section. They had newborn kittens and Dongmoon threw this big scene about me letting him get one. He started yelling, so I had to agree just so he would shut up.”

“Which reminds me,” Kwangsoo cut in. “Because of both your behaviors at the store this morning, I’m going to have a talk with Junhae hyung when we get back. You both are in so much trouble.”

“What did they do this time?” Hongchul and Misun asked at the same time.

“For one, the cat incident,” Kwangsoo started off. “Kyle aslo tried to make me buy the whole store without me knowing-”

“I told you!” Kyle cried in defense. “That stuff was for Hongchul and Woosoon!”

“Stuff they won’t even use,” Kwangsoo said, glaring at the boy for interrupting him. “Oh, and they also thought ‘buggy racing’ was a good idea and crashed into a display, knocking it over.”

“Buggy racing?” Hongchul asked with wide eyes. “That sounds like so much fun!”

“It is!” Kyle cried, nodding his head. “But I lost, so I have to treat Dongmoon to coffee on our first date.”

“You’re DATING?” MIsun cried in surprise.

“We will be,” Kyle corrected his sister. “We haven’t gone on our first date yet. It’s Woosoon and Hongchul who are dating.”

“W-well, actually,” Hongchul stuttered out, blushing slightly. “N-not y-yet. I... I did confess to him... But he didn’t reply... cause m-my brother interrupted us.”

“Where is Woosoon Oppa, anyway?” Misun asked, scanning the room.

“They took him into the surgery room,” Hongchul replied. “They decided to sedate him already, cause his condition worsened.”

“Is he still mad at you?” Dongmoon asked worriedly, forgetting about his earlier anger.

“H-he, yeah,” Hongchul whispered, tears forming in his eyes. “I love him so much, but we left off on a bad note! What if something happens in surgery? I’m so scared and upset and I really hope he’ll be okay! I just don’t know what to do!”

“Hongchul-ah,” Jang said softly, sitting down on the bed and pulling the younger member into a hug. “Shh. Everything will be okay. We’ll be here with you through it all. The doctors are letting us stay tonight. We won’t leave you.”

“I’m so scared,” Hongchul whispered, letting out a loud sob.

“Hyung,” Kyle said, sitting next to his sister. “Believe me, I’m just as scared as you are. But we gotta believe in him. Woosoon hyung is strong. He’ll make it. I know he will, cause it’s my older brother we’re talking about.”

“Oppa’s right,” Misun agreed, giving a reassuring smile to Hongchul. “My brother is strong. He won’t let anything stop him.”

 

...

 

“Why isn’t my son back from surgery?!” Woohyun shouted at the doctor the next day as everyone awaited Woosoon’s results. “He was supposed to be out an hour ago!”

“Woohyun, calm down,” Sunggyu said, holding his husband back.

Before the doctor said anything, they heard a crash. Everyone turned to find Kyle standing in place with a horrified look on his face. His hands were in midair and his phone was now lying on the floor. Woohyun quickly ran over to his son while Sunggyu picked up the phone. Everyone else just stared in shock.

“What is it, Appa?” Misun asked, looking up at her father.

“There’s an article,” he stated. “‘ICEE Members Are Gay And Kyle Nam is a Two Timing Loser!’


 

 A/n HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR NAM WOOHYUN'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! Yes its angsty at the end, but we did get to see some very crazy and trouble making Kyle an Dongmoon!! xD Hope you liked this chapter!!