Grow

D.O & Hiyomi

"This is like the best jjigae, Hiyomi. Oh my god you're so much like a mom. This tastes like a mom's cooking. *slurrpp* mmm.. so good."

Baekhyun just couldn't shut his trap even while he was eating. He was eating and talking and slurping and chewing and all at the same time it was actually entertaining to just look at him. 

But my eyes glanced to a further corner of the kitchen to see Kyungsoo looking directly at me whilst he was gulping down his drink. 

Ok. So I must've have stared at Baekhyun so long that Kyungsoo noticed. And he didn't like it. But seriously though, I was staring at him because Baekhyun is just amusing to me. 

I could drag a chair and just sit in front if him and watch him go on and on and on. The word 'boring' is unlikely to be used with Baekhyun because he is just everything the opposite of that. 

But with Kyungsoo, its different. Although we have not spend a lot of time together, already I am enjoying his every presence. His quiet presence, to be exact. 

He can be that person you just want to sit with in a room and not talk, yet still the moment feels enjoyable. Its like when I'm with him, not every space has to be filled with words. Isn't that magical?

 

"It's getting late. I should send Hiyomi back," an emptied glass was placed in front of me making a thud sound as it landed on the table. I was too lost in thinking about him that I didn't realize Kyungsoo came to the table. 

The boys were groaning. 'But it's only 11~' I heared one of them whine. 

"Auww.. I had so much fun, guys. Really," I said, as I was a bit sad to leave too. I walked up to the others who were literally scattered across the livingroom. Each one of them came up to me to shake hands before waving me goodbye and Suho reminded Kyungsoo to drive carefully. How thoughtful. 

The journey to the car was a bit stressful because we were told that some fans were gathering outside the building. So we moved separately and finally made it to his car. 

As we were driving away, I turned my head to look at the small crowd waiting for a glimpse of their favorite oppa. It must be tiring having to wait so long and yet unsure whether they get to see EXO or not. I wonder how D.O's fan would feel if --

"Can we go somewhere?". My monologue ended when I feel his warm hands on the side of my thigh, nudging me back to reality. He placed his hand back onto tbe steering wheel when I looked to him, giving me a naughty smile. And I immediately felt warm inside. 

"Okay.. but where?" There was a hint of worriedness in my tone. At this hour, him and I dating, the Despatch team, I was told, were to roam about at these hours. why am I so scared of the Despatch team and getting caught? Like being with Kyungsoo is a crime. 

"Do you like midnight movies?" I observed him grin whilst keeping his eyes on the road, making a turn into the road leading to the cinema in the mall he used to film EXO Showtime. 

Ha. 

It's so amazing that this cinema is pretty much empty at this hour. You see that's why the production team of EXO Showtime picked this cinema in the mall to film. Because they know that it isn't a focal point and that crowds can be avoided. Kyungsoo said it has been their favorite spot to go for movies ever since. 

We settled ourselves down with popcorn and drinks in our hands. This brings me back to the day we filmed that D.O & Hiyomi Date Time thing. I remember how I hated his guts so much. The fact that I had to sit next to him in a cinema irritated me so much I could die. 

But now .. *me wiggling my brows* 

The lights were dimmed and the last time I counted, there were about four people in this big hall. Well, midnights are usually like that. I remember Cindy eonnie telling me she once went for a midnight with her boyfriend only to find themselves in the big hall. Lucky. 

Kyungsoo's phone lit up and I saw him religiously typing out a text message. 

"Are you telling them we're going out?" I whispered to him. 

"Nope. I told them I'll be late," he tapped on the 'send' button and looked to me. Urgh this brings back so much memory. How did I hate you so much back then? 

"Did you tell your eonnies you'll be late?" He asked in a soft tone, grabbing a couple of popcorn, shoving them into his mouth. I told him I already did that in the car just now. 

The movie started. It feels so much different from that dating show we filmmed. Him and I are comfortably resting against each others arms, when he moved his head closer to me to whisper into my ears, because the movie already started and it was loud. "I love this movie". "Really?" I turned my head to him a little to fast.

Oh my heart. 

I still feel shy whenever our faces are so close to each other. When I could see me in his deep orbs, I know that we're so close.

We stayed like that for a while, before a smile curled up his lips and he slowly said, "I really love it."

 

Kyungsoo. Can we not look at each other like this because I'm about to lose my mind. 

And I did. 

I swiftly closed my eyes and moved my lips to the corner of his lips and kissed him there. 

Yes, it was just one smooch right there. What am I doing?! I cannot look into his eyes like that. I get lost in them. 

He was still looking at me when I opened my eyes. The both of us looked back at the screen, and just as I was about to run 7368 miles away from him in embarassment, he lifted the arm rest between us and sling his arms over my shoulders, pulling me close to him. 

I rested in his embrace with my head on his chest and shoulder, like a toasted marshmallow. 

This. Feels. Good. 

I grabbed a handful of popcorn and just as I popped some into my mouth, I felt him giving my hair a kiss. 

I love that so much. 

And thankgod I applied some leave-on hair conditioner before leaving just now, otherwise it'll smell like kimchi jjigae. 

 

Dating with Do Kyungsoo is -- therapeutic.