My

D.O & Hiyomi

 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the baby blue ceiling of my room. Ah. Bliss.. I closed my eyes back as I snuggled even deeper into my strangely tempting and comfortable duvet. Why was it that my bed felt cozier than ever this morning? Oh who cares?! I smiled to myself and decided to just sleep in until noon.

"Hiyominnie~" sang Sa Rang eonni's pretty voice. "Please come out, my dear.." she softly knocked on my door as she called. I opened one eye and contemplated if the other one should be opened or not. "Hiyominnie.. Wake up, princess.." she persistently cooed by my door. At this, I opened both eyes and waited a bit longer, but there wasn’t anymore of eonni's sweet voice heard. Okay, time to continue cuddling with my people. That's right. Forever alone people always cuddle with a pillow. Freaking softer than a guy, I think..

"YAH SONG HYO MI!! CUT THE CRAP AND BRING THAT OF YOU OUT HERE BEFORE I-" and the door sprang open.

"Tehee~ Sa Rang eonni.." I flashed her an eye smile, scratching behind my head that wasn't itchy. She made a poker face and then dragged me into the living room and flunked me on the clean white sofa. Cindy eonni, who was already sitting beside me carefully guided my hands to hold on a mug of hot chocolate. I looked at her in confusion.

What? Princess treatment as early as this in the morning?! What's the catch? Common.. There's got to be a catch. Life can't be this perfect!

Suri eonni stood in front of me and then knelt so that our eyes are of the same level. Her hands were now clasped on my shoulders. I knew what this meant. I know I should brace myself for something. What thing?

She inhaled deep and heaved out a sigh. "You don't remember, do you?" she quietly spoke as the rest listened.

I bit my lips. The lower lips, the upper lips, all of them before I replied, “What? Today's my birthday?” I sounded excited and I knew I guessed wrong when the three of them face palmed themselves. No? Not my birthday?

Fine. I'll just sip this yummy looking hot choc with marshmallows and guess again.

 

"Your date with D.O," Sa Rang eonni said, pronouncing the D and O ever so sharp and clear.

 

If I'm not mistaken, I completely choked on two marshmallows and swallowed them whole. I then coughed like I have bronchitis or something and Sa Rang eonni helped to pat my back.

"That wasn't a dream?!" I blurted and looked at their faces, slowly shaking their heads in sympathy. "You mean that really happened? He actually-- asked me out-- on national TV?!" I looked like a mad person trying to comprehend an illogic ideology.

I often shared with the girls about my crazy dreams and how realistic they were. Sometimes I won't even realize I was dreaming because when I wake up, I'll forget about it. Then, when something related to the dream occurred, that’s when I'll be, like, 'ohh that was a dream..'.

But this, I was so sure was a dream.  More like a nightmare, when D,O first told Sehun, then to the whole world, that he thinks my hair looks nice. I couldn't contain the embarrassment and felt my cheeks burning.  But of course it didn't end there. He just had to add to my discomfiture by publicly asking to take me out on a date.

The MC took great advantage of this by saying that Bug Code will be filming this, the D.O and Hiyomi Date Time, he described it as, and will probably air it on the following week. I swear it was so dreamlike because of the screaming audience and the EXO boys were laughing and clapping like retarded seals.

Noooo. This isn't happening! Why him? Why him.. I shoved both of my hands into my hair, like a major migraine was about to attack. Subconsciously, I let out a sob and tear drops kept falling onto my sweatpants.

I felt warm hands the small of my back. "Minnie.. Be strong. You get can go through this," Cindy eonni tried to calm me down. "Our label agreed to this too. So, it’s more like work for you. The Sajangnim said that this will be good for your image and popularity. Besides, I'm sure he's going to be nice and all. This will be filmed, right? Sure he won't do anything stupid to you."

I looked to them who are all sitting beside me and hugging me, all four of us. I feel so blessed for they understood that I wasn't feeling excited or giddy to go on a date with D.O. They knew I hated him, to the extent that I would poison him if I could.

 

They knew I would. 

 

..Maybe I will.

 

***

 

If I were going to do something I extremely dislike and detest so much, I might as well do it in style. I got out of our company’s SUV and immediately felt eyes prying on me. I greeted the production crew and just smiled hearing them complement how pretty I look. This made me feel ecstatically great and boosted my confidence. I really needed that, to get through this D.O and Hiyomi Date whatever .

I secretly looked around, trying to spot the one and only person I feel like squeezing the life out of him at this moment, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Looking for Kyungsoo ssi?" asked the stylist, giving me hell of a shocker as I slowly sat down and she started to fumble through her makeup bag.

"Aniyooo.." I slowly denied and the both of us knew I was lying. The stylist just smiled as she started to dab my face with moisturizers. After that, I didn't know what she did to my face anymore. This was an outdoor shoot. There wasn't a mirror in front of me.

I then cleverly took out my phone and looked at the screen of my phone. Well, you know the trick when your screen goes black and you can check out your reflection.

“shhhit”

It was the same feeling when I watched Ju-On, the part when the child ghost Toshio appeared out of nowhere. Yeah. Except it wasn't Toshio, it was Do dyo. But the feeling was somewhat the same. Horrifying! An image of him appeared on my black screen. He was behind me, that creepy Soo.

He was standing a good distance from where I was sitting. Hmm.. Looks like he too is getting ready. Oh. Now he's taking his phone out from the pockets of his jeans. Tch. Look at that. Just look at that expression on his perfect face. He must be sending a text his unlucky girlfriend.

What's that? Did I say perfect face? I meant preposterous.  His preposterous face.

Just then, the screen of my phone lit up. Who in the--

 

NO. FREAKING. WAY.

 

_______________________

Unknown Number              

Are you checking me out?

_______________________

 

I quickly put my phone away, uselessly denying and choosing to believe that that wasn't him who sent me that text. Nope.

"ohh yepeuda, Hiyomi ssi.." a passing by crew complemented me. I nodded in silence. Perhaps there was also a smile on my face. I wasn't sure. Too many things going on my mind.

 

***

 

The producer finally called us both to brief about stuff that'll be expected to happen during the recording.

"So as you know, this show will be called D.O & Hiyomi Date Time.." which will be the stupidest show ever,  I made side notes in my twisted mind.

"D.O ssi and Hiyomi ssi will need to do a little be of acting.." which might win an award for the most atrocious acting ever. I smiled and nodded, contrary to what was decoded in my mind.

As the producer was carefully explaining everything, I glanced at D.O.

Wow. He really is taking this thing seriously. Oh look at that pretentious brat, enthusiastically asking questions here and there. Tch. Annoying level 97 okay?

 

***

 

"NG!" yelled the producer for- I don't know. I lost count. This is so embarrassing. It was like the producer didn't like my expression or something. He said I didn't put it in there.

I was, like, put what?! What do I have to put where? This was only the first scene! Already I felt like a total loser.

"OK..OK.. I know what we're all going to do," he tried to keep the tensed atmosphere cool as I slowly realize I was about to crumble anytime. Keep it together, Hiyomi! Fighting!

"We are going to take a half an hour break, but.." he paused, putting up his index finger in front of me and then D.O. "You two, I want D.O ssi to give some acting tips to Hiyomi ssi. Alright? Hiyomi ssi, you know D.O is acting in a drama now, don't you?"

What? Nooo.. Why is this happening to me? I feel like pulling my hair in all direction and don't even care if I end up looking like an alcoholic homeless. Why D.O? God knows what things he'll be saying to me. He's so mean and rude to me, I just- I- ugh.. I was sure I was sulking.

"Ne, we'll try our best," he surprisingly assured the producer and we both watched him left us. Alone.

Brace yourself, Hiyomi. I kept on looking at my shoes, not wanting to face his perf- no. Preposterous face.

"Is this really difficult for you?"

....

Somebody get me a doctor from ENT and check my ears please. I'm not hearing things right. Did somebody mess up with Do dyo's tone of voice or something? It sounded so- so soft and comforting to the ears. Melting here!

I must be dazing, because the next thing I know, his glorious face appeared as I was looking down to my shoes. A smile? Is--is that a smile? I lifted my face as he followed too.

Don't smile at me with that face, Do dyo! Don't! Don't..Don’t..

"Hiyomi..?" that smile again. It was like the kindest and sweetest I've seen.

"Hmm?" I looked into his doe eyes. Cute. Ahemm.. What?

.....

 

Do dyo!! Why are you just standing there with that smile on your face?! Wipe it off! Wipe that off now! Actually.. Don't.. don’t stop smiling..I don't know..

"What?!" I broke off our eye contact. 

"Nothing. That's how the producer wants you to look at me. Get it? That's what he meant when he said you weren't putting it into it. Ok?"

"But I.. It's-- I don't think I-"

"can look at me like that?" he asked ever so sincerely,  making me feel guilty. "So… I guess you really hate me that much, don't you?".

Yeah. I hate you, you perfect thing. I hate your glorious smile. I hate that manly laughter of yours. Everything about you ticks me off. And I hate that..

 

"Well.." he looked away for a split of two seconds and then looked at me as he inched his body a little bit too close to me making our arms pressed on each other. "just fudging deal with it... baby.”

Standing ovation from the hairs on my arms and neck at the utterance of the word 'baby'. Baby is such a pure words, but him using it in that sentence with that raspy tone of voice made the word sound sinful. I don't even know.

"Time's up. You better do well this time, or you won't see the last of me.."

What?! I want to! I want to see the last of you! Can I like not see you forever, Do dyo? Can you just disappear into oblivion?

 

***

 

"Action!"

I stood there at the park by that oak tree. I was waiting for him to enter the scene, like a hopeless romantic love story. Who wrote this scene anyways? Please. It's so cheesy I could die of cheese oozing out from me. But, hey.. Doesn't Do dyo love cheese? I bet on my collection of Rilakumari stickers that he requested this. Tch..

Ah. Speaking of the devil, here he is. Watch out, Do Kyungsoo..  I'm going to nail this scene to the core, even you'll start to idolize me.

He slowly walked up to me in that handsomely tailored suite, the colour perfectly complementing his skin. A smile composed of both shy and manliness resonates his perfect face? How is he even doing that? It's like he’s a fudging demi-god or something. Argh. Jaebal! Driving me crazy.

But I maintained composure. Three..two..one..

I looked straight into his gleaming eyes. Should I try the smile combo of shyness and y on him? Okay, here goes nothing. Do Kyungsoo,  you better fluster at this.

And he did.

 

I don't know. It was like he lost composure or something. He was even rubbing his nape as he looked away from me. Was it that bad? Was my acting that pathetic he couldn't bring himself to look at me? What the-

"NG!! D.O ssi, come here for a sec please!" the producer shouted from his megaphone and that punk Do dyo ran to him with his head down. Wow. This is intense. I don't even know what's happening.

"Right. Get ready, people. Hiyomi ssi!" I turned my head to the producer. What? Wasn't that good just now? I looked to the producer hopefully. "Good job you did there just now. Maintain that."

Yes! Nailed it. But Do dyo..

 

"aaand action!!"

Oh god here he comes again. I did exactly what I did in the previous take. Only difference was that Do dyo seemed more manlier than ever, like, what happened? Well, I'm not going to lose it this time. He came up to me and we were just three feet apart from each other when he flashed me that disgustingly gorgeous smile of his. My heart, it skipped a beat.

"Ready?" he asked and I swear I almost answered 'I do'. Afraid I wasn't able to utter coherent words; I just nodded shyly as I grabbed hold of his arms he had already put forth.

Breathe, woman.. Breathe..

We walked together with me holding on to his arms, as if we had been together since forever. Is this what people do on a date? Please excuse the 'inexperienced in dating' me. This is all new for my poor living soul.

The shot ended with the camera rolling behind us as we walked into oblivion. Kidding..We were all laughing because the producer was over reacting praising the lord for that scene finally ended after countless takes and that we could finally move on to the next scene, which was watching a movie together.

I didn't realize I haven't let his arms go all this while I was busy laughing at the producer. We were still standing there together and what was even stranger was that he too didn't budge. I s.l.o.w.l.y loosen my hands from his arms and reached halfway through when suddenly..

"I thought you were never going to let go." That smirk on his face.

I shot him a glare as I tugged my hands roughly from him. He just wiggled his brows in repond. Urgh.

"Oh I’ll let go alright, JACK, I'll always let go," I said as I walked away from him, very quickly.

 

***

 

"Wae geura sso?" I whined at the producer, thinking that I might have made a mistake agreeing to do this in the first place.

"o wae~.. It says in the guidelines that you two are to do things that normal couples do. This is normal!" he too whined and then laughed at me. I sulked.

"Auww. Hiyomi ssi, you're so cute I could die of your cuteness, " he said and I wondered if he was trolling with me. "Can't you be like that with Kyungsoo? Just see this as a fan service okay?"

"Fan service? W-what do you mean?" I stammered, because I didn't quite understand him and because I see Do dyo arriving at the scene and he's coming our way.

"Ne, gurae. Since yesterday's episode, 'D.Omi couple' became the number one on the search list on Naver. People are shipping you guys. So yeah. Give them some fan service, ok? I mean- it's not like you two actually like each other, right?" he winked at me.

"Of course I like her,” D.O casually draped his arms over my shoulders, making the producer eye him in suspicion as I slowly pushed his hands away. “Don’t we all? Ahhahaha..” the both of them laughed.

 

Great.

Just great.