Eden

D.O & Hiyomi

Before I knew it, I was already sitting inside Kyungsoo's car, trying my best to not allow my useless skirt to ride up, exposing unnecessary skin of mine. I'm not the kind to use ual appeal to attract men. Euw.. So not me. But, would Do Kyungsoo like that?

Ok. But why the heck did I allow this guy to take me on a 'date'. I thought dates were mutual agreement between two people? Or  did I unconsciously agree to this?

I recalled him mumbling as we were walking towards his car just now about how he hated the script for our stupid dating show. He said, "no wonder you weren't interested in dating, even after that dating show. That was lame, wasn't it?". 

 

It was?

 

Seriously, you're asking a person who lacks dating experience. How would I know how a 'fun' date would be like. 

"You really shouldn't be wearing something that short," he suddenly said, without even glancing towards me. I guess me fussing and rumbling around caught his attention after all. 

"Well, I wasn't expecting to be here. I didn't know I was going to be in somebody's car, otherwise I'd be wearing my decent training pants. ," I retorted, rolling my eyes, feeling a bit hot headed. Did he think I was unworthy of wearing a y piece? Tch.

 

Plop.

 

I felt a soft heap of fabric fell on my exposed lap, and glanced towards him. "Cover up," he casually said, like pulling a small blanket from under his car seat was a normal thing to do. 

"Do you always keep a blanket in your car? Do you sleep in your car?" I asked, examining it. I thought that it was kind of cute of him. But-- does this mean that he usually bring girls on his car? 

He stopped at a red light and turned to look at me with an emotionless expression across his face. 

"Ok..ok.." I shrugged as I rolled my eyes again at Nanny-Soo. I just feel like, I want to annoy this guy to the max. I'm sensing that he's not been showing his true self. So, let me just push him a little further. 

"I'm surprised you actually have time to 'date' me tonight, Do Kyungsoo ssi," showing him the inverted comma hand sign and caught him giving me a glimpse as he drove on. "And I --" 

"We're here," my words were cut off by him. He pulled the hand break and sat back in his seat, with his arms folded.

"What. W-where is this?" Realisation suddenly hit me on my thick skull that we weren't on the busy road anymore. I begin to peer here and there and didn't realize that the blanket had slipped off and my thighs were exposed. 

 

Ahemm.. I heard him clear his throat and turned to look at him. He bit his lower lips and then hesitated before reaching his hands down by my legs. 

 

"Mwoya!" I shrieked without anybody's permission and shut my eyes tight. And opened it back as I felt the familiar comfort of the blanket.

 

Ohh. I grinned, embarrassed over how I overreacted, and he just replied with a simple smile--which just ruinned my entire  soul. But seriously, Do Kyungsoo, don't you think I could've reached for the blanket by myself if you would have told me? 

 

I could hear his breaths as it was quiet in the car, but then he started to speak. "I keep a blanket in the car because I travel a lot since I got my license," he paused. "I like driving. Plus, my mom got me that blanket. Its my favorite," he said, making eye contact with the said blanket, like he misses his mom at the mention of it.

 

"Ahh. Kurokunaa.." I softly said, throwing away all my accusations of him having girls in his car. 

"And.." He added with a smirk. "I like girls wearing short skimpy skirts, just, not for the one I care enough to date."

 

 

Fluster. I had to fluster at that time. You--care enough to date me? 

"Umm.." I played with the corners of the blanket, thinking of something clever to say. "W-where are we?"I thought averting from the dating topic was a good move. 

"Just, at a high place," he answered, looking at his phone to check the time, like a smart boy. Tch. Yeah I know, but where? And what the heck are we doing here? "Any minute now.., come," and he got out of the car, leaving me puzzled. He waved from outside, telling me to join him. 

 

And so, I did. Dragging along his favorite blanket as I went to stand beside him by the cliff, of the 'high place'.

 

 

 Yes it was a hill, with the view of the majestic river and cityline below. 

'Beautiful,' I murmured..

"Kyeo," he said, and I turned to face him with a frown on my face.

"No, beautiful," I ascertained, my hands pointing to the view in front of us. He smiled. 

"Kyeo.." He said, again. But this time pointing to me wrapping the blanket around my waist, like I decided to make a long skirt out of it. Darn it. My 'unconcious actions' are getting serious. Wasn't I suppose to act poise and elegant on a date? But its night time and a tad bit cold outside..

 

Wait. Did he say I was cute? Kyeo?

 

I looked at him in the eye, my eyes matching his round orbs. Why is he smiling so much?

 

*bang! Kaboom! Sparkle-sparkle*

 

"Oh my god fireworks!" I suddenly shrieked. A firework show and the spot where we're standing was probally the best. Sweet!

 

"Kyung look!" I was practically making small jumps, in my heals, tugging onto his shirt. Cannot contain the excitement, not giving a damn that it was quite chilly as the wind started to blow in our direction. I love fireworks as much as I love nutella. "Oh look at that one, Kyung! A teddy be-- ahh!" I almost slipped, but succeeded in saving my own life by tugging tighter to Kyungsoo's shirt as I stood up properly.. I hope its not expensive. 

 

Yes, I love fireworks. A lot.

 

..but not as much as I was loving how Kyungsoo was just standing there smiling at me with this amazing look in his eyes. He looked at my hand, which was still holding onto his shirt. I let it go once I felt his warm palm on my skin. Our palms met as he held my hands in a swift motion, and that quiet action of his managed to calm my freaking excitement over fireworks down.

 

It wasn't the first time we touched. But somehow, it felt-different. 

"W-wae.. Don't you like fireworks?" I asked him slowly, contrast to my excitement just now. Trying my earnest best to avoid staring at our hands, admiring how perfect it looked together like that.

 

"I do," there's that subtle smile again. "I also like to see people jump around in excitement," he teased. I pouted and rolled my eyes back to the fireworks. "And.. I like it when you call me 'Kyung'," a stupid smile plastered on his face. "It sounds better than 'oppa'". I felt his grip on my hands tighter, making my face feel the warmth of blush. 

 

We sat down on the bonnet of his car, facing the fireworks. "Wow.. Its been going on for quite sometime," I nodded in amazement. 

"Of course. Its the fireworks championship, Hiyomi.. Don't you read the papers?" 

I gave him a glare, only to find him browsing through his iPhone-probably uninterested in the fireworks anymore. "Do you wanna go home?" I asked him.

"No."

Wow. That was a fast respond. He asked me if I was satisfied and ready to go somewhere else. I was like-- hold on, Do Kyungsoo. Let me check the time. 

"Don't you think it's getting late?" I pointed to my watch like a primitive lady with a sad curfew to obey. 

"Are the noonas keeping you on a curfew?" he asked, tapping on my watch. Cute. 

"Aniya.. It's not like that. They don't mind, but emm.. you know.. you and your SM schedule. I don't want to hold you back," I reasoned. Don't let me decide, Kyungsoo. If it were up to me, I don't want this night to ever end. I want to be with you.

He gave me one look before telling me to text my noonas, inform them I'll be late. I okayed him and started to take out my phone. 

"..and tell them you're with Do Kyungsoo," he said, and I stopped to look at that proud face of him. 

"I have to tell them I'm with Do Kyungsoo?" I gave him a done-with-you look. "And what good will that bring me?" I questioned him, tucking my hair back so that he could see the expression on my face. 

"Correct. Come on.. Type it.." He ushered and I literally had to obey since he was nudging me and wouldn't stop until I did it. "Ahh.. You changed your wallpaper..," I felt his head assertive nodding against my shoulders. I wanted to laugh at the fact that he approved my current wallpaper, which was a picture of penguin, rather than that wallpaper of Seungri sunbaenim. 

 

My lovely eonies, I'll be home late tonight. 

 

"Ok.. And tell them Do Kyungsoo is with you.." He said right over my shoulders, like a nosy auntie. 

 

My lovely eonies, I'll be home late tonight. Do Kyungsoo is with me.

 

"..and tell them not to worry.." I let out a big sigh as I typed out what he wanted me to write. "Do Kyungsoo will keep you warm," I paused and I felt his mother's blanket wrapped my shoulders. I looked to him to meet his gaze. "And don't worry about falling down," he continued. "Because Do Kyungsoo will always hold your hands. Iroeke..," and he scooped my hand away from my phone, which I no longer was focusing on. Because damn it.. ..and held it in place in his protective grip. "..and don't use that Seungri wallpaper anymore.." He kept his gaze on me. 

"Because Do Kyungsoo don't fancy Big Bang?" I asked, playfully, starting to maybe understand things a little. He chuckled and I thought it sounded magical.

 

At this point, it felt so right to have his arms sling over my shoulders like that as I sat so close to his embrace.

He shook his head, making his hair dance all over his forehead. "Because Do Kyungsoo wants the person you look at all the time to be me.." 

 

He touched my cheeks, rubbing it with his thumb.. And I leaned in, taking in the scent of his handsome smell of Tam Dao. "I'm sorry I'm selfish like that, Hyomi," he uttered my real name. "Its hard to share something I've wanted for so long with others.."

 

What. 

I stared into his eyes and instantly got lost in him. It was the kind of lost that's exactly like being found. He pulled me a bit more closer and just as out noses swiftly touched, he whispered ever so softly it tickled my lips, "you're so beautiful." 

Our first kiss. It was a moment I was fully aware of, feeling every crazy motion the butterflies in me were making. It was my first kiss with Do Kyungsoo, and I already wanted another.