OT #48

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea Outtake from #48

 

Jessica smiled at the handsome girl leaning against the wall outside the lecture theatre. Handsome, she thought, and charming. When had she started thinking these thoughts? She wasn't quite sure. According to Yuri, the first time they met had been during a lecture but she had no impression of that instance. Apparently, Yuri had tried really hard to get her attention but had failed.
 
So, what had changed since then? When had she begun noticing Yuri's smile? When had Yuri's smile begun making her smile too? They were going to watch a movie today and she looked forward to it. Yuri had promised to fill her in on the details in case she fell asleep and missed some parts of it.
 
“Yuri.”
 
“Jessica,” Yuri called, her voice making it sound like she'd won some kind of grand prize and Jessica couldn't help but smile again. Yuri had the ability to make her feel secure, so that she had nothing to worry about. “Did you have a good lecture?” Yuri took her hand and began walking so she followed.
 
“Most of it was okay.”
 
“It was better than mine then.”
 
“What was yours?”
 
“English.”
 
“Why was it bad?”
 
“Because learning English is hard.”
 
“It is?”
 
Yuri nodded and sighed. “I didn't do well on the previous test and there's another test coming up.”
 
“I'm good at English. I can help you.”
 
Yuri's eyes lit up like a neon sign in the dark. “Really? You'll help me?”
 
Jessica shrugged. “Sure.”
 
“Thank you,” Yuri shrieked and hugged her suddenly, shocking her as a result and she regretted it right then. What was she thinking when she offered to help? Now, hyper Yuri was unleashed and she wasn't likely to calm down anytime soon. On top of that, she had assignments piling up and she was going to need even more sleep if she was to pull through this difficult time. But it was too late. She'd agreed. So she would.
 

~

 

The movie was the typical romantic comedy that she'd laugh and smile at and forget about later. Yuri had picked it and she didn't mind. The movie wasn't the point, she supposed. According to her friends, movie dates were more for cuddling than anything. She didn't mind the cuddling. As long as she could nap during the movie. It was too hard for her to stay awake the entire time so she was glad Yuri was understanding about it.
 
And as expected, the sleepy bug began to bite as soon as they settled down on their seats. Yuri's arm was around her shoulders which encouraged her to rest her head on Yuri's shoulder. The airconditioning of the theatre was a comfortable cool and the seats were cosy. So when the lights went out, so did her awakeness.
 
The movie got off to a standard start and she laughed with everybody else when the two leads met and got into a quarrel. Witty, sarcastic remarks were the name of the game as she helped herself to the popcorn bought by Yuri. She reached into the little bucket, and was pulling out with one when Yuri's hand brushed against hers. Not thinking much about it, she continued to pull her hand out but was stopped by Yuri's grip. The popcorn in her hand was plucked and she raised her eyes to Yuri, wondering what was going on.
 
“Ah,” went Yuri in a soft whisper and she blinked as a popcorn appeared before . Her jaw fell open and in went the popcorn. She chewed on the popcorn as a Yuri's lips curled into a wide grin and it took a moment for the reason to dawn on her. “Another one?”
 
She opened and another popcorn was popped in. “Yuri,” she said while chewing, “I'm sleepy.”
 
“Take a nap, I'll fill you in when you're up again.”
 
She smiled and nodded. Yuri was so nice to her. Yuri was the best.
 
Goodnight.
 

~

 

Yuri sent her home after the movie. The car went past the gates and drove right up to her house, stopping in front of her door.
 
“Come to my room with me.”
 
Yuri's eyes bulged. “Your room?” Then she grinned. “Okay.”
 
They got off the car and entered the house, walking hand-in-hand up the stairs to her room. There was a spring in Yuri's step and she thought it rather adorable. Yuri's energetic personality was a mood lifter sometimes. They padded softly to her room and she opened the door, letting Yuri in after her.
 
Yuri let out a little squeal and headed straight for her bed, plopping herself on it with a bounce. “You should let me know if you're planning this in future.”
 
She blinked in surprise. How did Yuri know about this?
 
“I'd have brought a toothbrush and some clothes to change if I'd known.”
 
Her eyebrows furrowed into a frown. “Why would you need those things?”
 
“Standard stuff for sleepovers.”
 
“Sleepover?” Yuri wasn't making any sense to her. “What are you talking about?”
 
Yuri giggled. “Ah, I get it. You're feeling shy.” She stood and closed the gap between them in two strides. “You don't have to be shy with me.”
 
“I'm not shy. I have no idea what you're talking about.”
 
“Aren't you planning a sleepover with me?”
 
“No.”
 
Yuri's face fell instantly. “No? But why else would you ask me to come to your room?”
 
“I want to give you something.” She turned around and opened her wardrobe, taking out a large shopping bag. “This,” she said, giving Yuri the bag.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Open it when you get home.”
 
“Why are you giving me a present?” Yuri was looking at the bag curiously and a dash of shyness hit her suddenly.
 
“I don't know.”
 
“You don't know?”
 
“You should go now.”
 
“Right now?” Yuri pouted with sad eyes but she was much too shy to empathize.
 
“Now.” She pushed Yuri out of her room. “Go home.” Only when Yuri was out her front door and at the car, did she finally managed to smile and say, “Goodnight.”
 

~

 

Yuri could only stare as Jessica went back in and closed the door, leaving her out at her car by herself. She'd been so stoked, thinking that Jessica had taken the initiative to ask her to stay over but that was clearly wishful thinking on her part. But it wasn't all bad. She had a present. Jessica had given her a present.
 
No sh*t.
 
She got into her car and sat at the driver's seat with the large shopping bag on her lap. What was it? Her curiosity nagged at her. There was no way she'd make it home without dying of curiosity so she decided to open it right there and then.
 
The wrapping paper tore apart easily to reveal a set of Mickey Mouse pyjamas and bedroom slippers. She squealed at the sight of the cute fluffy Mickey Mouse bedroom slippers. They had a Mickey Mouse head and she had no doubt they were the most comfortable slippers in the world.
 
Oh boy. She couldn't wait to go home and try them on. It was an awesome gift from Jessica and she loved them. With a wide grin, she turned to look at Jessica's room on the second floor. The lights were out. Was she already asleep? She smiled at the thought of a fast asleep Jessica.
 
Goodnight.
 

~