OT #41b

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea Outtake from #41b

No. No. Nooo. Nooo! Don’t kill my pillooow!”

Sis!”

Is that Soojung? Where is she? Soojung! Save my pillow from Tiff! Why is the ground shaking? Is it an earthquake? My pillooow! Nooo!

Sis!”

Jessica’s eyes flew open and she bolted up straight in shock and panic. “Soojung! My pillow!”

It’s okay. It’s okay. You were dreaming.” Krystal’s hug calmed her down and her gasps subsided.

It was a dream?”

Your pillow is right here.”

Jessica was so relieved to see her pillow in one piece that she almost cried. “My pillow…” She hugged her pillow close and pressed her cheek on it. Then, she pouted. “Evil Tiff. She threatened to cut up my pillow and now I’m having nightmares because of her.”

Krystal’s eyebrows quirked in question. “Why would she do that?”

She wants me to go out with Yuri.”

Yuri? Who’s Yuri?”

Kwon Yu—”

Kwon Yuri? What? She wants you to date Kwon Yuri?!”

What’s wrong?”

What’s right?”

Soojung, you’re not answering my question.”

Kwon Yuri goes out with so many girls. How can Tiffany force you to date her?”

It wasn’t a date. Just, a day out. A meal out. I asked her out for lunch. It wasn’t too bad.”

Krystal’s jaw dropped to her toes. “You. You, Jessica Jung Sooyeon, my dearest sister, daughter of Mr and Mrs Jung, asked Kwon Yuri out for lunch?!”

Do you have to have such a big reaction?”

But you don’t date. Ever!”

Aren’t you for me to date.”

Yes.”

But right now, you sound as though you don’t want me to date.”

I’d love for you to date. But not Kwon Yuri.”

You don’t think I can handle her?”

Of course you can. But she’s dated so much. And you’ve never dated before. I don’t know about this.”

Jessica smiled and planted a kiss on Krystal’s cheek. “I have another date with her on Friday. I’ll make you proud.”

If you’re sure about this, I have one piece of advice for you.”

What is it?” Jessica asked, amused by her protective, adorable younger sister.

Take control. Be the aggressor.”

Be the aggressor? Am I going to war?”

Be the one to kiss her. Initiate it. Take her before she can take you.”

Jessica laughed. “Where did you get all these ideas from?”

Krystal grinned. “From the award-winning book, ‘Dating For Dummies’.”

Jessica narrowed her eyes and looked deep into Krystal’s eyes. “Why would you read a book like that? What are you up to?”

Krystal blushed and let out a laugh that did not sound natural in the least and scooted off the bed. “Er…I need to pee.” She backed away towards the door. “We’ll talk about this some other time. Bye.”

Soojung! Are you dating?” Jessica called after her but Krystal had already made her escape. What was this sister of hers hiding?

~

Krystal wasn’t kidding about Kwon Yuri. She’d never bothered with the gossips and ‘famous’ people in her school but Kwon Yuri was a name that everyone seemed to know. Asking a few people about her had proven that much. And surprised those people too. She was the last person they’d expected to ask about someone like Kwon Yuri, they said. Why did it seem like she was in a different world from Yuri? Krystal had seemed to think they wouldn’t be a good match either.

She sat on a table bench and laid her head on her arms. All that asking around had tired her out. She needed her sleep now.

Goodnight.

~

Friday came soon enough and Jessica had come to a conclusion. She wasn’t going to be affected by the things people said. This was between Yuri and her. The rules would be laid by the two of them and nobody else. And those were the thoughts that accompanied her until she walked out of the lecture theatre and was treated to a sight of the Kwon Yuri that everyone knew. Kwon Yuri and her girls. That hand. That girl’s hand was on Yuri’s arm. And Yuri was smiling. It was a smile that seemed to encourage the girl too.

She wasn’t going to let it go on.

Yuri.”

Yuri smiled at her. It was a different smile. She liked this smile better.

Let’s go.” She began to walk away but she realized Yuri wasn’t coming along. “Why aren’t you moving.” Yuri was staring at her, with a dazed look in her eyes. She had no patience for this. “I’m leaving without you.” And with that, she turned around and continued to walk.

Wait! I’m coming!” She could hear Yuri’s frantic footsteps approaching her. “Sorry Mel. I’ll talk to you later!”

~

Jessica didn’t want to play games. That hand on Yuri’s arm. She didn’t want any of that if this was to be a thing.

So, I wanna make things clear.”

Huh?”

If you’re going out with me, you’re mine.”

Huh?”

Are you not going out with me?”

Y-Yes.”

So you’re mine.”

What do you mean?”

Jessica was beginning to lose her patience. “What do you mean, what do I mean.”

I mean, what do you mean when you say I’m yours?”

I mean exactly what I say. You’re mine. My girl. You will go out with me only. You will not let random girls put their hands on you.”

Random girls?”

Like the girl you were with.”

Mel?”

She didn’t need to know that girl’s name. “Mel, Schmell, whatever her name is.”

Does this mean you’re jealous?”

Why was Yuri grinning like that? “I’m not jealous.”

You’re not?”

Why would I be?”

But you like me, right?”

Jessica frowned. This was a question she hadn’t asked herself. Did she like Yuri? She didn’t dislike her. Yuri…the more she hanged out with her, the more she found that energy level tolerable. Yuri wasn’t too bad. “Not a whole lot but yes, I like you.”

So what are we now? Is this still a date?”

This is a date.”

We are dating?”

Yes.”

And I’m yours?”

Yes, you’re mine. You’re not allowed to go out with anybody else.” Yuri’s eyes glazed over again. Why was she always doing that? If anyone asks, we’re dating and you’re mine. Got it?”

Yuri nodded. “Is this how you date usually? You’re really cool, Jessica.”

I’ve never dated before.”

What?!” Yuri was so surprised that she stepped backwards and bumped into the wall behind her. “You’ve never dated before?!”

Do you have to have such a big reaction?

I’ve got classes to attend, assignments to complete, work to do when I’m not sleeping or eating. And my dear sister robs me of my sleep with her loud parties all the time. Who has time to date?”

So I’m your first date?”

Yes.”

Wow.”

You’ve dated a lot, right?”

Well…”

I know. I asked around. You’re like the girl that everyone wants or something.”

Yuri grinned. “You could say that.”

Jessica merely nodded. “So you’re not allowed to date anybody else now that we’re dating. If you date anybody else, we’re done.”

She stared at Yuri as her eyes glazed over yet again. What was it with Yuri and her eyes? She stepped forward and looked deep into those eyes. They looked normal. Maybe it was just Yuri’s brain that was the problem.

Her eyes trailed down and landed on Yuri’s lips. Her lips were slightly parted, little breaths entering and escaping through the narrow opening and Krystal’s words came to mind.

“Be the one to kiss her. Initiate it. Take her before she can take you.”

Okay.

She leaned in and pressed her lips on Yuri’s, noting how soft her lips felt. It was a good feeling and it travelled some distance down her body, the sensation surprising her. She backed away, blinking, staring at the lips she’d just kissed. They felt so different from the way they looked.

Jessica smiled. “That was nice.”

That was more than nice.”

Yuri’s words sent a little thrill down to her toes and she was pleased. “Now you’re really mine.”

~

She slipped her hand into Yuri’s much like the way she did to Krystal and found that it was just as nice. Yuri had warm hands. It was different. Walking on the street, holding hands with someone who wasn’t family or a close friend. She liked all three but this was really different.

~

The restaurant was a quiet establishment and she loved it. She loved the soft lighting and the quiet. And she was never ever thrown out for falling asleep in there. Even if she slept for an hour. The manager was a kind soul and treated her well, so it was natural for her to patronize this place often.

They ordered their food and Yuri was quiet after that. She was surprised. She’d braced herself for a bouncy, energetic Yuri. She’d been ready to withstand the onslaught of zeal and all sorts of vibrance but Yuri appeared to be running low on those.

Her phone informed her of a message received and it turned out to be Krystal asking her if the date was going well. It was. She smiled to herself at her answer. She’d never thought she would spend her time dating but this wasn’t so bad.

Just then, Yuri’s head landed on her shoulder, giving her a little shock.

Yuri.”

There was no response.

Yuri?”

She looked down at the girl’s face and one thing was clear. Yuri was asleep. How cute. No one had ever fallen asleep on her shoulder before. Except Krystal. Curious warmth spawned from nowhere. Yuri’s head was heavy but it wasn’t uncomfortable. It was a reliable weight. A good weight.

Seeing Yuri sleeping made her sleepy too. She could take a short nap while waiting for their food to arrive, couldn’t she?

Goodnight.

~