#27

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea #27

No. No way was she going to let Tiffany see her in Spongebob lingerie. No. Not the bright yellow with Spongebob’s happy face right in the centre. She wouldn’t be able to hold her head up high before Tiffany anymore. Her bra wasn’t as bad but one thing would lead to another so there was no way she was going to take off anything today. Nothing at all. Besides, wasn’t this a little too fast for them? Showering together was too intimate and she wasn’t ready to take that step yet.

“Taeyeon? Why are you still standing there.”

“I…er…I’m not showering.”

Tiffany pouted. “Why not?”

“I’m clean.”

“This has nothing to do with cleanliness.”

“I know.”

“So you’re basically saying you don’t want to see me ?”

“I’m saying we should take it slow.”

“But we’ve already done topless. The next step is obviously bottomless.”

“I’m not ready.”

Tiffany heaved a dramatic sigh. “Taeyeon, you’re way too conservative.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t be. You’re just…you’re just different.”

Taeyeon couldn’t help wondering what Tiffany meant by ‘different’. How was she different? And who was she different from? Ex-girlfriends? The sobering thought hit her and she pouted. How ‘fast’ had Tiffany’s ex-girlfriends been? No. Stop. I’m not thinking about this. I’m me. I have my pace.

“I’ll wait here while you shower.”

Tiffany pouted but made no move to back down however, and Taeyeon sensed something was up so she turned to run. But it was too late. She was yanked backwards by the hood of her hoodie and she yelped as her hoodie half-strangled her. Tiffany was literally pulling her into the bedroom by force! Nooo!

She tried to resist but Tiffany was unstoppable and she nearly tripped and fell as she stumbled backwards into the bathroom.

Desperate and out of options, she resorted to the her last resort—faking a stomach ache.

Oww,” she groaned out loud and fell to her knees dramatically, clutching her stomach.

Honey? What’s wrong? Did I hurt you?” Tiffany’s worried voice told her that her little act was working so she groaned again.

My…my tummy. It really hurts. I need the toilet.”

Okay, okay. I’ll wait outside.”

Okay…”

She kept her face scrunched up in pretense until the door was locked. Then, she heaved a great sigh of relief. Phew. That was so close. But would Tiffany suspect her of faking it? Well, stomach aches couldn’t be found out, could they? She was safe. Tiffany wouldn’t know. Now all she had to do was find a way to distract Tiffany from the whole shower thing.

She pretended to groan, making sure to sit on the toilet bowl to make it sound more realistic. What was a reasonable time to stay in here? She looked at her watch. It’d been less than two minutes so far. Time was passing by way too slowly. Argh. Ten minutes would do the trick. Ten minutes would be convincing enough and Tiffany would have cooled down by then.

So that was the plan.

~

Ten minutes later, Taeyeon emerged from the bathroom with an ashen face. It wasn’t too difficult since she’d been victim to stomach upsets so many times before and she seemed to have put on a convincing act for Tiffany was all over her, fussing like a mother hen.

Poor thing. You look terrible. Why don’t you lie down and rest.”

Taeyeon gave her a wan smile and shook her head. “I’ll feel better if we go out.” We’d better go out before you try to get me into the shower again!

Really…?”

Really.”

Okay. We’ll go shopping then.”

Yes, that’s a good idea.”

Taeyeon wasn’t sure if Tiffany totally bought her act but she was relieved that Tiffany hadn’t pressed on them showering together. Maybe Tiffany had gotten the hint. Maybe she knew. But most importantly, she didn’t appear to be upset so everything was okay. Right?

~

They set off for the shops and Tiffany led her into the same lingerie shop they’d gone to before. Taeyeon swallowed hard. Lingerie. Tiffany.

.

She followed Tiffany in and stopped when she stopped.

“Honey, what size are you? You’re a B, right?”

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped as her brain ceased to function. What had Tiffany just asked? Bra? B? Wah?

“Honey? Are you a B? I think you are. Based on what I saw the last time.”

No coherent thoughts could be conceived as Taeyeon found herself staring at a baby blue candy cane bra.

Tiffany’s twinkling eyes popped out from behind the bra and she giggled. “Try it.”

“Huh?”

“I want us to have matching bras.”

“Huh?”

“Just go in and try it.”

Taeyeon allowed herself to be pushed into the changing room with the bra without protest until Tiffany slipped in with her. No. No, no, no, no!

“Tiffany…”

“C’mon. Hurry up and try it.”

“But you’re in here.”

“And…?”

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“Taeyeon…”

Taeyeon bit her lip. Tiffany didn’t look amused. She was treading on thin ice.

“Please.”

“I’m not leaving until you tell me why I can’t stay in here with you.”

“I’m shy.”

“You don’t have to be shy with me.”

“We’re in public.”

“It’s just the two of us right now, Taeyeon.”

No. Spongebob is in here too. Nooo…

Taeyeon couldn’t think of any more reasons. “Please…?” she begged as a last resort.

“What are you trying to hide? I know your stomach ache was an act, Taeyeon. Why are you resisting me? Do I frighten you?” Tiffany’s eyes were piercing yet sad at the same time and Taeyeon couldn’t bear to make her sad. So she caved.

“It’s not you. It’s me. You see…my lingerie is kinda…well…promise me you won’t laugh when you see it.”

“I promise.”

“Okay.”

With great reluctance, Taeyeon pulled her hoodie off and stood before Tiffany in her bright yellow bra that sported Spongebob’s happy face on both cups. She’d thought it cute to wear her favourite cartoon on her bra when she bought it but it didn’t seem like such a good idea now. Not in front of the girl she fancied. Not in front of Hwang. Tiffany Hwang. No.

She waited for Tiffany to laugh but she didn’t. She wasn’t laughing but there was a strange look in her eyes. Just like the time Tiffany saw her hugging Noeul.

“What about your ?” Tiffany asked with the huskiest voice Taeyeon had ever heard so far.

“It’s…it’s a set.”

The strange look in Tiffany’s eyes intensified, “I wanna see.”

“No.”

“Lemme see.”

“No.”

Tiffany made a grab for her pants and Taeyeon learnt something new about her right there and then: Tiffany wasn’t the type who took no for an answer. So, she fled. Out of the changing room. And ran right into a lady who was walking past. Umph. Cool hands grabbed her arms to steady her and she mumbled her apology and thanks. She was too desperate to get away from Tiffany so she turned to enter another changing room but the lady stopped her.

“Oh my gosh. Taeyeon?”

The sound of the lady’s voice halted all of her actions instantly. She knew that voice. She knew it all too well. “Raeni?”

“Taeyeon, it’s so good to see you again. A half- you especially. Brings back fond memories,” Raeni said with a laugh.

Huh?

Taeyeon looked down and saw her Spongebob bra cladded chest. Holy crap! Covering her chest with her arms the best she could, she turned away from Raeni only to see a frowning Tiffany watching them intensely.Oh ! This was bad for her. Very bad. Very very bad. She ducked back into the changing room and grabbed her hoodie from the hook, pulling it over her head before heading out again. Awkward. Very awkward. Help.

“Tiffany, this is Raeni,” she squawked, feeling more and more awkward with every passing second.

Hi, Tiffany.” Raeni flashed a big smile and Taeyeon bit her lip as Tiffany ree of her own. “I’m an old friend of Taeyeon’s. She and I go way back,” Raeni winked at Taeyeon, “don’t we, Taeyeonie?”

Taeyeon swallowed hard. This wasn’t going well. Raeni had always been a showy kind of character but Tiffany wouldn’t know that. This was getting from bad to worse.

.

~