#35

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea #35

“A-Are you talking to me?”

Jessica stared at Yuri as though she’d just seen an alien. “You. Yes, you. Lunch? Yes? No?”

Taeyeon had the strangest feeling that Jessica was actually hoping for Yuri’s rejection but she was to be disappointed for Yuri broke into a wide grin and nodded her head at once.

“Yes! I’m up for lunch!”

“Okay. Taeyeon, you’ll join us too.”

Taeyeon was kicked hard when she finally took her seat. Oww! She shot a glare at Yuri as she curled her legs up onto her seat. What was up with Yuri? Her unvoiced question was answered when Yuri shoved a piece of paper into her hands.

tell me this isn’t a dream

She turned to Yuri and looked. Her jaw was still hanging loose.

this is real

bail on me later pls

but she invited me too

ever heard of something called manners

i’ve heard of it but haven’t seen it in you

i’ll pay you

you still owe me ice cream

i’ll triple it

show me the money

i hate you

$$$

$10

ok

Taeyeon cheered silently as Yuri reached for her bag and pulled a ten dollar bill from it. It was shoved into her hands along with the crumpled piece of paper.

throw in some luck pls

LUCK!

~

Taeyeon set off on her mission after the lecture. She’d managed to excuse herself from lunch with Jessica and Yuri and was now on her way to the lingerie store. Her mission was simple.

Buy some .

~

“Hi Taeyeon!”

She whirled around, taken aback to hear her name announced so loudly in a lingerie store. It was somewhat unnerving, especially when she found herself face-to-face with her course mate from a previous semester. Awkward.

“Hi Ivy.” Taeyeon forced a smile, resisting the urge to run out of the store and back to the safety of her bedroom.Nobody knows what you’re buying these for. Chill Taeyeon. Chill.

“What are you looking for? Can I help?”

Taeyeon blushed and shook her head. “Thanks, but I’ll have a look around by myself.”

Ivy smiled and gave her a little push. “Go on then. I’ll be here if you need anything.”

Taeyeon nodded before heading towards the section. She had dug into her savings for this, but it would be worth it. Tiffany was worth it. It was a good thing she managed to earn an extra ten dollars from Yuri too. It definitely came in handy.

There was a wide range of in the store and Taeyeon realized she hadn’t been paying enough attention to at all. She wore bikini most of the time, or the occasional boyshorts but there were so many other kinds like the tanga, thong, G-string, V-string, cheeky, cheekini, hipster, high-cut brief and more. Woah. So many kinds. Where to start?

She wanted to buy as many as possible. Good thing there was a sale. Three pairs for $33. Very reasonable indeed. She rejoiced within as she looked up and down the racks. No cartoons. Strictly no cartoons. y colours. y textures. Those were what she wanted.

Finally, after almost an hour of picking and choosing, she made her way to the cashier to pay for her .

“Wow. That’s a lot of to buy at one go.” Ivy winked at her. “Buying them for a special someone?”

Taeyeon blushed from the tips of her ears all the way down to her toes as she nodded and Ivy laughed.

“So who’s the lucky girl? As far as I know, a couple of girls in our class were interested in you but you never gave them a chance.”

“Huh? When?” Taeyeon didn’t recall any girl who was interested in her.

“No one told you?” Ivy raised her brows, sounding surprised. “Well, this might be a little awkward for you ‘cos one of them is quite close to you.”

“Noeul?”

“Oh, so you do know.”

“She told me about it.”

“Oh…” Ivy’s eyes gleamed as she leaned over the counter to get closer to Taeyeon. “So she’s the lucky girl then?”

Taeyeon cast her eyes down as she shook her head. “No, but we’re still friends. We’ve cleared it up.”

“That’s good to hear.”

“But who’s the other girl?”

“Me.”

“You?” Taeyeon gasped, not expecting such a direct confession to come from Ivy.

“Yeah, me. But don’t worry. I got over you after the semester ended. Found a girl who likes me back,” she said, casting a dopey grin that went over Taeyeon’s head.

Huh? Taeyeon turned around and saw a shapely girl advancing towards them.

“Hey sweetie.”

Taeyeon blinked as the couple kissed in front of her. All she wanted to do was to pay for her purchases and get out of the store before Ivy probed into her relationship with Tiffany. So, she whipped out the cash and put them on the counter. Ivy got the hint.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Got all caught up in chatting with you,” she laughed. “Taeyeon, this is my girl, Poizen.”

Poizen? Ivy? Taeyeon had to try very hard not to laugh out loud.

“And this is Taeyeon, a friend from my class last semester.”

“That’s a lot of you’re buying,” Poizen commented and Ivy giggled.

“Somebody’s gonna get lucky tonight. And tomorrow night. And every other night.”

Poizen grinned. “Are you jealous? I’ll buy twice that number of and make you twice as lucky.”

Taeyeon twitched as she waited for her purchases to be scanned and change to be given. Holy . This pair of Poizen and Ivy were such exhibitionists of their love for each other.

“Taeyeon, I’ll put this under my tab and get you the staff discount for your so do you wanna grab a couple more with the money you’ll save? Maybe get a couple of really y ones?”

Taeyeon coughed, trying to ignore the awkward feelings that were knocking on her door. “Aren’t these y enough?”

“They’re y…but there are ier ones out there that will make your girl feel really, really lucky.”

“Er…” The lump of awkwardness in Taeyeon’s throat was growing by the second. “Okay…but I don’t know which ones to get.”

“Well, do you trust me?”

“Trust you?” Taeyeon’s eyes were wide open. What in the world was Ivy going to do?

“If you trust me, I’ll pick a couple of the iest and add it so you pay the same price as before. It’ll be like getting them for free.”

It sounded like a pretty good deal so Taeyeon nodded. “I trust you.”

Ivy’s eyes gleamed once again and she stepped out from her counter and headed to the shelves. She returned shortly with two scraps of cloth that didn’t look like they could cover anything. What.

“These…” said Ivy, as she added the scraps of cloth to the pile, “are gonna make your girl feel like she’s the luckiest girl in the world. And that will be $66.”

Taeyeon wasn’t sure if she’d ever wear the two scraps of cloth but she handed the money over anyway, and got her change in return. She reached for the pink paper bag but Ivy grabbed her arm and pulled her close.

“Tip from me to you…sometimes, less is more. Remember that, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon blushed and blinked furiously as Ivy released her arm. Then, her toes curled when Poizen gave her a conspiratorial wink. What was up with this couple?! She couldn’t wait to get out of the store and away from this bizarre experience so she grabbed the bag, thanked Ivy and Poizen before walking out of the store as quickly as she can without actually running.

Holy .

~

Taeyeon made her way to Tiffany’s apartment and pressed the doorbell. Tiffany opened the door within the first three rings with her trademark smile welcoming her. Prince was just behind her, yipping away, its tail wagging with vigor. Taeyeon grinned and squatted to give Prince a good rub on its head.

“Prince! You cute little puppy, Princeee,” she cooed. Prince had stopped hating her after the day it met Ginger. Taeyeon supposed she’d never know why Prince hated her so much at first but it wasn’t important anymore. Prince had finally grown to like her and that was all that mattered. Yay!

Tiffany was pouting when she stood again. “Are you trying to make me jealous of Prince?” she said.

“Huh?”

“You took one look at me. One look. That’s all I get while Prince is getting all the rest of your attention.”

Taeyeon grinned. “I can’t help it if your dog is gonna be so cute. And he finally likes me back.” Then, she pouted a little. “But he doesn’t like me as much as I do. I love him to bits.”

Tiffany kissed her right on the lips and smiled. “He’ll love you more and more…just like I do.”

That line made Taeyeon blush and she forgot what she had come to do until Tiffany asked her, “So, what’s this surprise you have for me that you’re so secretive about?”

“Oh. I can’t tell you yet. But you have to keep out of your room while I do this.”

“Okay…but it’d better be good.”

Taeyeon grinned. “It’ll be awesome, I promise.” She looked at Prince and gestured for him to follow her. “Come, Prince. Come with me.”

“Hey, that’s not fair. How come he gets to follow you?”

“I love him more, that’s why,” was Taeyeon’s cheeky reply and Tiffany punished her with a playful smack on her that made her yelp.

“Go. And don’t take too long or I might just crash the party.”

~

Take a deeep breath. Deeep, deeep breath.

Taeyeon’s chest inflated and she held her breath for a moment before letting it go. She then emptied her bag onto Tiffany’s bed and looked at Prince.

“Don’t judge me, Prince. I’m doing this for your mommy.”

Prince yipped and wagged its tail. It ran around Taeyeon’s legs and looked up at her with puppy eyes that had the power to melt her heart in an instant and she couldn’t resist its fur again. The fact that Prince was no longer hostile to her meant a lot to her and it made her love the dog even more. But she couldn’t be distracted from her project. Project , the name she gave it. A very important project. Right. Back to Project .

~

A while later, Taeyeon took a step back to admire her handiwork. It seemed a little ridiculous but she’d never know until she tried. Gotta stick with it! She looked down at her bare legs and her toes curled as her courage shrivelled up a little. No. I gotta stick with it. Stick with it. Okay. Now open the door.

Taeyeon braced herself and opened the door just a crack. “Tiffany…” she called and waited. Tiffany appeared soon enough and with a gust of bravado, she opened the door wide and stepped back. “Surprise!”

Tiffany’s jaw dropped and the book in her hands dropped onto the floor. She was so surprised that she couldn’t even make a sound, her speech reduced to nothing but her lips moving. But even then, what she said was obvious enough. There were two words.

Holy .

~