#20

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea #20

 

Tiffany came back out to the living room and sat beside Taeyeon. “Taeyeon?”

 

I'm going to make Prince like me.”

 

Tiffany stiffled her giggle. “Okay. You do that.”

 

It's not funny! Prince is your dog. I want Prince to like me.”

 

Isn't it enough that I like you?”

 

Taeyeon blushed but shook her head. “I want your dog to like me too.”

 

Aww, you're the sweetest,” said Tiffany hugged her. “I'll help you.”

 

Okay!” Taeyeon's grin was as silly as could be.

 

Meanwhile, Prince's shrill yips continued to be heard through the bedroom door. It was a constant reminder that he didn't like her and she didn't want to stay here to talk.

 

Tiffany, I think I'll go back now.”

 

What? You barely got here five minutes ago.”

 

I want to figure a way to get Prince to like me.”

 

Well, I can help you with it here.”

 

It's too noisy. Prince won't stop yipping.”

 

Yipping?” Tiffany raised a brow, amused.

 

Yeah, Prince doesn't bark. He yips. Like a toy dog or something.”

 

Maybe that's why he doesn't like you.”

 

Huh?”

 

You don't appear to like him very much either.”

 

Well, the first thing he did was bite my foot. I don't feel very friendly towards him at the moment.”

 

Okay, I think it's best to start from videos then.”

 

Videos?”

 

Tiffany smiled, nodded and whipped out her phone. “Videos of my cute little Prince.”

 

~

 

An hour later, Tiffany dropped Taeyeon off at her place.

 

I had a great time with you tonight,” she began, “and I'm actually really happy to see you trying so hard to get Prince to like you.”

 

Taeyeon winced. Her ankles hurt a little from Prince's nips when she tried to pet him the second time but she wasn't about to tell Tiffany that.

 

I'll keep trying.”

 

You're so sweet, Taeyeon,” Tiffany leaned in and planted a kiss right on her lips, “so awesome.”

 

HOOMMAAAAGGAAARRRDDDDD!!!

 

Taeyeon's eyes grew wider than they'd ever been and her heart threatened to stop beating. Tiffany had already drawn away but her breath was still bated. Help. She was about to suffer death by Tiffany. Help. Help. Heeelp.

 

Taeyeon?” Tiffany was looking at her, half-curious, half-amused. “You okay?”

 

Taeyeon blinked, nodded, blushed and desperately wanted to jump for joy but managed, with some kind of superhuman effort, to keep herself from acting like an idiot.

 

I'll...I'll...We'll have lunch on Monday?” she asked, trying to maintain the normalcy between them.

 

Tiffany looked surprised by what she said. “I thought you'd never ask!” she exclaimed.

 

So it's a yes, then?”

 

Tifany's beautiful smile took over and she nodded. “Looking forward.”

 

Taeyeon beamed, her heart bursting with joy and said, “Goodnight, Tiffany.”

 

Goodnight, Taeyeon.”

 

~

 

Taeyeon floated up the stairs, feeling on top of the world. Despite the setback with Prince, everything else had been wonderful tonight. The movie was good, Tiffany fed her popcorn, she fed Tiffany popcorn, they linked arms, held hands and to top it all off, Tiffany kissed her. On her lips! Whee!

 

She touched her lips as she stood in front of the door of her apartment. Tiffany's lips were soft like cotton when they kissed. It was awesome. It'd been barely a couple of minutes since Tiffany drove off and she was already missing her and thinking about kissing her again. Oh boy, was she in trouble.

 

She found her keys and opened the door to find all her friends huddled on the couch. The lights were off and a couple of them were covering their faces. Only Sunny looked relaxed and not at all afraid. Horror. They were watching a horror film.

 

Hey, I'm back.”

 

Her friends had been so engrossed that they didn't even notice her coming back but the moment she spoke, all hell broke loose.

 

Taengoo!” Yuri jumped off the couch and ran to her, putting her hands on her shoulders before crouching behind her back. “Tell Sunny to stop the movie!”

 

Huh?”

 

She's forcing us to watch it with her or she won't let us stay to hear about your date with Tiffany!”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and shrugged Yuri off hershoulders. “There's nothing to listen to. You can go home now,” she said, walking to the couch and planting herself on the spot that Yuri vacated.

 

Oh no. No way. We want to hear all about your date,” Sooyoung chimed in, sticking her face within an inch of Taeyeon's.

 

Sooyoung! What are you doing!” Taeyeon squeaked, trying to dodge Sooyoung's intense stare.

 

CSI! Looking for traces of lipstick...OH FOUND IT! THEY KISSED! THEY KISSED!”

 

CSI does not stand for Choi Sooyoung Investigation. When will you give it up!” Taeyeon protested, “and quit staring at my lips!”

 

Horror movie forgotten, all eyes were on Taeyeon now and she was desperate to get to her room. They wouldn't let her go, however, until they were satisfied with what she told them. This much she knew. Such were her friends.

 

So full of .

 

Seohyun, I don't think you want to hear about it. You'd better go back and study,” Yoona teased the youngest of them. “Besides, this story might corrupt your innocent mind.”

 

Unnie! I want to listen too.”

 

At you own risk then,” joked Sooyoung.

 

To Taeyeon's right was Sunny. She looked at her, pleading for some help but all Sunny gave her was a shrug. Sunny had probably done her part. The horror film should have been a deterrence but friends like hers would brave all sorts of scary to hear about her date.

 

Alright, alright. I'll tell. There's nothing much anyway. You'll probably be bored to death,” said Taeyeon, looking straight at Yuri who simply flashed a cheeky grin.

 

You're right. Your date might not be as wild as mine are but I've hit a rut lately so your story might actually interest me.”

 

Taeyeon snorted and curled a corner of her lip, giving Yuri a look of digust. But it didn't affect Yuri one bit, merely eliciting a laugh from her.

 

But I must say, Taengoo...you do look extra pretty tonight. Bet Tiffany liked it!”

 

She did mention that she liked it.”

 

Did you kiss? Did you? Did you?” Sooyoung hounded on.

 

Taeyeon blushed but nodded and her friends cheered.

 

Oooh...so the kiss finally happened. Looks like someone's really into our Taengoo!” laughed Yuri. “Irresistible charms, our Taengoo has.”

 

Yeah, it was my pink lipstick. Too y for her to resist,” Taeyeon managed to joke.

 

What kind of kiss was it?” asked Sooyoung.

 

What are you, a kiss analyst now?”

 

Mhm,” Sooyoung nodded, looking serious, “Kiss analysts are critical to CSI.”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “I'm not saying any more. A good girl doesn't kiss and tell.”

 

But unnieeeeee,” Yoona butted in with her cutesy shrill voice and Taeyeon shuddered.

 

Okay, okay. I'll tell you everything. Just...don't do it again.”

 

Okay!” agreed Yoona, wide open and ready to laugh.

 

It was a level one kiss.”

 

That's all?” Sooyoung looked disappointed. “Not even a hint of level two?”

 

She was talking, I was looking at her, she leaned towards me and kissed me suddenly. The end.”

 

Alright, it's enough of grilling Taengoo. Time to stop,” Sunny said, giving Taeyeon a wide grin and a pat on her shoulder. “I'm going to sleep now.”

 

With Sunny leaving the couch, the rest of her friends decided that they had enough fun and started to get off the couch too.

 

I'm glad we didn't have to watch the entire movie,” said Seohyun as they were leaving, “or we would have completely missed the best cell renegeration sleeping time.”

 

Seohyun!” the rest of her friends groaned.

 

~

 

Taeyeon tossed and turned for what seemed like forever. It bothered her. It really did. Prince. It was important to her that she should get along with Tiffany's dog. It wouldn't do to have Prince locked up in the bedroom each time she went over to Tiffany's. She wanted to play with Prince, pet him, him, rub his fur and have fun with him and Tiffany. But none of that was going to be possible if she didn't make Prince like her. She had to get Prince to like her. But how?

 

Sunny.

 

Oh, why didn't she think of Sunny? Sunny was the perfect person to seek advice from. All animals loved Sunny to bits. She never had any problems with them. From puppies to chickens, snakes, cows and even donkeys, none of them could escape from her charms. She'd proven that much when they once stayed at a farm as part of a school program. Sunny would know.

 

A glance at her phone told her it wasn't the best time to wake Sunny up but she couldn't wait for morning. Morning was too far away. Now. She needed an answer to her problem right now.

 

“Sunny...” Taeyeon gave the sleeping girl a gentle shake. “Sunny...”

 

“Mmm...?” Sunny responded, half-asleep.

 

“I need to ask you a question.”

 

Sunny groaned and rolled over, reluctant to leave her dream state. “Ask me tomorrow. Go back to sleep.”

 

“I can't sleep.”

 

“Alright, what's bothering you?”

 

Taeyeon looked at Sunny with sorry eyes, feeling apologetic yet relieved. “It's—”

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“Well, yes and no.”

 

Sunny rubbed her eyes and looked at her waiting for her to elaborate.

 

“Tiffany has a dog called Prince.”

 

“And...?”

 

Taeyeon pouted and said, “It doesn't like me.”

 

Sunny blinked and for a second, looked as though she were about to laugh out loud. “Is that all?”

 

“Yes. But it's important to me. I want Prince to like me.”

 

“How do you know Prince doesn't like you?”

 

“It tried to attack me the moment it saw me. Bit my feet at every chance it got. And it isn't the friendly, playful sort of nipping, not like how Ginger plays with me. And it keeps yipping at me.”

 

“Yipping?”

 

“It has this really sharp bark. It's a little pup. Maltese.”

 

“So you want to know how you can make Prince like you?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, looking hopeful.

 

“I know a way.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Kiss somebody right before you see Prince again.”

 

“What?”

 

“I'm not kidding.”

 

“No way.”

 

“Kissing releases oxytocins into your system and that helps to increase the bonding between human and animals. So increasing your oxytocin level may help to make Prince trust you a little bit more. Of course, you can increase your oxytocin level in other ways, but kissing is probably the easiest for you.”

 

Taeyeon knew then that Sunny was serious about this. And Sunny was usually right. But...her advice...to kiss somebody...no way.

 

No. .

 

~