#30

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea #30

Taeyeon woke with a groan on Thursday morning. She’d barely gotten enough sleep before having to wake up and it was all Tiffany’s fault for refusing to say goodbye. They’d chatted into the wee hours and now, Taeyeon had to operate for the rest of the day on just two hours of sleep.

Her class was later in the day but she had chores to run before that. Chores were such chores. She grumbled and flopped around in bed for a while but she had no choice but to get out of bed, so she did. With great reluctance. Argh.

First of all, she had to send a good morning smiley to Tiffany (not a chore), then meet her father to take her dog back (also not a chore). Her parents were going on a vacation with her little sister (of all times, they chose to go right now when her mid-terms were arriving, so yes, she felt the warm love of her family, she really did) and she was going to get her dog back. She’d let them keep him because her little sister was in love with her dog and wanted to stay with him, so she was glad to get him back too. Ginger, her man.

But before all that, she had to clean her room (a chore).

.

~

“Daddy.” Taeyeon hugged her father and smiled when he patted her head. She’d always loved it when her father patted her head. It made her feel like a Daddy’s little girl again. She didn’t manage to tell him how much she loved him though. It’d always been a problem for her. The words would almost get stuck behind her teeth. So close to getting out yet so far.

“How’s school?”

Taeyeon smiled. Her father never failed to ask this question whenever he saw her. It was like a standard opening for him. And she’d always say, “Everything is good, Daddy.”

“Here, Ginger is all yours again.”

She opened her arms and welcomed Ginger with a hug and a kiss. “Ginger!” she went as she rubbed her nose into his fur. Oh, how she missed him.

“Ginger misses you too. He kept trying to climb into your sock drawer but we wouldn’t let him.”

“Aww, Ginger, I miss you too.” Taeyeon hugged Ginger to her chest and smiled. Ginger was the sweetest thing on Earth. Hands down.

“Well, I have to go back now. Your mom says to watch your stomach. Be careful of what you eat and eat regularly.”

“I will.”

“Okay.”

“Have a safe trip, Daddy.”

“We will.”

~

“Ginger baby, welcome home.”

Taeyeon set Ginger down on the floor of her room and grinned as he ran around, sniffing every corner. After one round of sniffing, he stopped at her sock drawer and scratched it.

“Still like my sock drawer huh.” Taeyeon squatted to pull the drawer open and Ginger jumped right in. “Why do you like it so much?” Ginger was too busy sniffing and settling himself down to even look at her and all she could do was him. Finally, he laid down on her socks and curled up. He looked so adorable that Taeyeon just had to take a picture of them. She sent it to Tiffany along with a message telling her that Ginger was back.

I want to see him!:)

After class today? (:

cant >< project meeting:(

i’m free tomorrow we can

go on a double date with

prince n ginger

ok let’s bring them to the park

can’t wait!!!!

~

Yuri and Seohyun were just as excited about Ginger’s return as Tiffany was. So they trooped over to her apartment after class.

“Where’s Ginger?” Yuri asked as soon as she stepped in and she was greeted by a little barrel of black fur. “Ginger! Hey little guy!” She squatted and Ginger rolled onto his back to get his tummy rubbed. “Aww…this guy knows what I do best.”

“Did you rub Jessica’s tummy too?” Taeyeon couldn’t resist teasing Yuri. Her tall friend hadn’t said a single thing about Jessica after sending her home on Monday which was unusual. Something must have happened. Something good. Or really, really bad. But Yuri wasn’t sad so it couldn’t be bad. Hehehe.

Yuri grinned, further proving Taeyeon’s prediction to be right. “A good girl doesn’t kiss and tell.”

“What!? You kissed Jessica?”

“Not literally, dumbo.”

“Well, what then? You haven’t said a word about Jessica the whole day.”

“It’s not like I’m obsessed with her or anything. I have a life too you know.”

“Yes, yes you have the most industrious life ever.”

Taeyeon stood watching as Yuri rolled around on the floor with Ginger and tapped her foot, waiting for some sort of response.

“We’re friends now.”

“That’s all?”

“I have her number.”

“Woah?”

“What? That’s to be expected of someone like me.”

Taeyeon could only roll her eyes. Urgh.

“And we’re going shopping tomorrow.”

“Shopping?!”

“Yeah, she’s looking for a new pillow.”

Taeyeon didn’t know if she wanted to laugh or not. But Yuri looked so happy about it that she didn’t have the heart to.

“Great for you, Yuri.”

Yuri’s grin was the stuff stars were made of. “I know, right?”

Yuri, you’re so whipped you don’t even know what cream is.

~

Friday afternoon. Taeyeon and Tiffany went their separate ways after 2027 to bring their dogs to the park. Taeyeon was excited beyond anything and she walked with a spring in her step, all the way to the park. Ginger seemed to pick up on her high spirits too and he was all tails and prancing along the way.

Because they weren’t sure how Prince and Ginger would take to each other, the dogs were put on leashes. Ginger was pulling on his leash as soon as they walked on the grass at the park. He wanted to run and explore the mysteries of the green, green grass. Taeyeon sat on the grass and Ginger ran circles around her, tangling her in the leash. Which wasn’t a problem. Until Tiffany arrived and Taeyeon tried to stand. She failed, toppling over onto her side as the leash was wrapped around her ankles and didn’t allow her to stand properly.

.

Tiffany giggled as she helped Taeyeon with the tangled leash and it wasn’t until her legs were freed that they noticed their dogs sniffing at each other. Well, it was more of Ginger sniffing Prince’s , turning in circles as Prince tried to sniff Ginger too. Prince was noisy, yipping away at Ginger who was too busy sniffing to make any noise. But after a while, Ginger seemed to be happy with Prince’s and stopped sniffing it, standing still, his little tail wagging as Prince began sniffing around him.

Taeyeon and Tiffany watched as Prince and Ginger barked at each other and began to play, jumping around and rolling around together. Tiffany took the leash off and so did Taeyeon, and the dogs dashed off across the grass to gambol together.

“Looks like Ginger is as charming as his owner.”

“Huh?”

“Prince likes Ginger and they’re a perfect match. Black and white.”

Taeyeon pouted, shoulders sagging. “But Prince doesn’t like me.”

Tiffany hugged and kissed her, making her blush. “Prince will come around sooner or later. Just bring Ginger along and they’ll keep themselves occupied while we tend to our own business.”

“Do you think my socks and shoes will be safe if I bring Ginger?”

Tiffany laughed. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be laughing but you’re so cute. So cute!” Tiffany planted another kiss on her reddening cheek. “We still haven’t gone shoe shopping for a new pair of sneaks.”

“We’ll go when we have time.”

“Yes, we will.”

“Maybe I can put Prince’s snacks in my shoes.”

“That might work. Especially with Ginger around. Look,” said Tiffany, pointing at the two dogs running after something in the grass, “they look so happy together.”

“They do look happy. Are you happy?”

Tiffany turned to look at her, eyes dancing like fireflies and smiled. “I’m very happy. Are you?”

Taeyeon nodded, her grin stretching from ear to ear. “I’m very happy too.”

Tiffany took her hand and squeezed it and they looked at each other, their smiles warm and hearts light. Just then, a dog came running up to them, its tongue hanging out, looking bright-eyed and friendly. They gushed over how cute it was and scratched behind its ears when it put its paws on Taeyeon’s legs.

“Sky! Sky!”

Taeyeon looked up at the figure that was jogging towards them. Tall, tanned and looking healthy, the girl had alluring eyes and a smiley mouth. And she smiled, being a nice, friendly person, until the girl came to a screeching halt before them.

“T-Tiffany?”

“…Nora…”

The sheer uncertainty in Tiffany’s voice made Taeyeon’s eyebrows rise. The girl was now looking from Tiffany to her, and back to Tiffany.

What’s going on?

“How have you been?” The girl looked uncomfortable and Taeyeon thought it strange.

“I’m good,” Tiffany replied with a smile that wouldn’t even convince a three-year-old. “This…is Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon stood in a hurry and Nora took a step back, looking as though Taeyeon might jump on her or something.

“Hi, nice to meet you.”

“Hi…”

Tiffany stood up too and took Taeyeon’s hand. “Taeyeon is my girlfriend.”

“Oh. That’s nice.”

Taeyeon couldn’t help feeling that Nora was looking at her as though she’d landed in some misfortune but it didn’t make any sense. It should be anything but pity. Jealousy, envy, happiness…but pity?

“Well, I’ve got to be going now. It was nice seeing you again. And your girlfriend. All the best.”

All the best? Why are you wishing me all the best?

Tiffany’s grip on her hand was tightening with every passing second as Nora picked her dog up and walked away in a hurry, and Taeyeon winced.

“Tiffany, do you mind loosening your grip?”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Tiffany released her hand, her eyes cast down, looking a little out of sorts.

“Who is she?”

“Nora.”

“Yes, but how did you know her?”

“We met at a party.”

“Oh…but why does she look like she can’t wait to get away from us?”

Tiffany fell silent for a moment and Taeyeon wondered what was wrong. Had she asked too much? Did something happen between Tiffany and Nora? What was it?

Her breath caught in when Tiffany finally met her eyes, and said, “I have a confession to make.”

“What is it?”

“Promise you won’t tell a soul.”

“I promise.”

“Promise you won’t break up with me after I tell you.”

Taeyeon blinked. Huh? What could it possibly be? Why would I wanna break up with her? Is it that bad?

“You’re hesitating.”

“I’m not! I promise. I won’t leave you.”

“No matter what I say?”

“No matter what you say.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.” Holy crap. This sounded as though were about to hit the fan. What was it?!

Tiffany took a deep breath and Taeyeon took one too. The anticipation was just too much.

“Taeyeon, Nora was my girlfriend.”

“Huh?” Is that all?

“She broke up with me because I have this thing for .”

“Huh?”

“And I always wanted to see her so she got angry and left.”

“Huh?!”

“And to be very honest, I keep thinking about yours too.”

Taeyeon looked down at herself. Her ? And in a flash, everything made perfect sense. Every. Single. Thing.

No .

~