#14

Hurricane Diarrhea

*there is no #13 coz it’s friday and heol, taeyeon doesnt need anymore bad luck than friday the #13

Hurricane Diarrhea #14

“Did you score and do me proud?”

Sunny’s merry voice greeted her, as soon as she stepped into their apartment.

“S-Score? No. No score. Zilch. Love. Zero. Nil.”

Taeyeon dodged Sunny’s eyes and tried look honest.

“So you two kissed! Where? Lips? Was it intense? Polite?”

“We didn’t kiss!”

“Then, what?”

“I kissed her,” Taeyeon admitted at last, blushing inside-out.

“You kissed her, she kissed you back…yada yada yada…”

“Nooo, it wasn’t like that. I kissed her cheek to say goodbye. That’s all.”

“That’s it?” Sunny looked disappointed. “I was looking forward to more action.”

“Hey, my life isn’t a movie or drama you know.”

Sunny’ giggled. “Sometimes, it’s even better than one. So what else happened?”

“Well, Tiffany brought me into a lingerie store before—”

“Tiffany brought you into a what?!”

“A lingerie store…”

“Oh man, I think I like this girl. I can be her roommate instead?” Sunny batted her eyelashes and flashed a wide grin that would have sent any other human into spasms but Taeyeon had been living with her for so long that she was immune to Sunny’s cutesy charms.

“Go ahead. I’m not sure if she’ll play games and watch anime with you though.”

“Oh yeah,” Sunny agreed with a pout, “…it’s hard to find someone like you…” Sunny frowned, thinking hard for a moment before snapping her fingers. “I know! I’ll keep you as my roommate and make her a guest.”

“Best of both worlds huh. Well, bad news Sunny. It’s me or her. I don’t share.”

“You won’t share me with her or her with me,” Sunny quizzed, tongue-in-cheek.

“Both. I’m a very selfish girl.”

“And how did dinner go for our selfish girl? Did she eat your food again?”

“We had the same thing. No sharing.”

Sunny threw back her head and opened wide as her laughter filled the room. In view of that, Taeyeon decided Sunny didn’t have to know about the fire. She’d never hear the end of it if Sunny knew. Yes, some things were best left unsaid.

“Glad to have been your larger-than-life sitcom tonight, but if you’ll excuse me, I have to take a shower and go to bed.”

Sunny was too busy laughing to stop her and she made her escape sucessfully. Yay.

~

Taeyeon hopped into the shower and gave herself a good scrub. She whistled a merry tune and hummed yet another happy song while in there. She was on top of the world. Even a fire couldn’t stop her. Muahahaha. And she got to kiss Tiffany! Oh her heart. Her poor heart had almost lost it when her lips touched Tiffany’s cheek. Gosh. Did her insurance cover ‘death by Tiffany’? Probably not huh. It would be really hard to classify such a death. Not exactly natural, neither was it a disaster nor an accident. Gosh.

And it wasn’t even over yet! She had a goodnight call to make! She grinned as her head tilted backwards to rinse the shampoo under the shower. Then, she looked at her phone, sealed within a Ziploc bag. Very soon…Tiffany’s voice was going to come through her phone and into her ears. Oh yes. Ooh yes!

She stopped the water and stepped out of the shower to dry herself. Then, with a fluffy towel wrapped around, she got out of the bathroom and sat on her bed to dry her hair. She got up to blow dry her hair and when it was finally dry, she whirled around to her bed where her phone was awaiting her.

“Come to me baby!”

She ran, jumped and landed on her bed with a bounce, giggling but horror gripped her in the next instant as she saw her phone bouncing off the edge of her bed. She stretched, reached and managed to catch her phone before it hit the ground. Phew! But relief flooded her only for a split second before turning into a sharp pain as she slid off her bed and fell onto the floor with a resounding thud.

“Oww…” she groaned.

She heard the running of bare feet and her door opening.

“Taengoo! Are you alright?”

Sunny was here to rescue her. Thank goodness. Taeyeon winced as Sunny helped her off the floor and rubbed her forehead. It was numb at first but feeling returned gradually and it wasn’t good.

“Oww! Oww!” yelped Taeyeon as Sunny rubbed the spot where her forehead had hit the floor.

“Stay here, I’ll get the ice pack.”

“Okay.”

Sunny came back with an ice pack within seconds and put it gently on her forehead.

“What happened to you? How did you hit your forehead?”

Taeyeon twitched. This was going to sound so stupid. Argh.

“I jumped onto my bed and the phone bounced off and I tried to save it.”

“And ended up hitting your forehead instead. Tsk, tsk. Taengoo, Taengoo…”

“I think I’m fine now, Sunny. I’ll just lie down with the ice pack.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, just yell if you need me.”

“Okay.”

Sunny helped Taeyeon with her sheets and eased her into bed. Then, she surprised Taeyeon by kissing her on her cheek.

“Goodnight, Taengoo.”

Taeyeon blinked as Sunny giggled.

“Goodnight, Sunny.”

“Make sure you get a kiss from Tiffany the next time. Don’t let me down.”

Taeyeon smiled and nodded. “I won’t let you down.”

Sunny giggled again before leaving the room and shutting the door. As soon as the door closed, Taeyeon looked at her phone. Man, she had risked her life for this phone and she knew very well why. This goodnight call had better be worth it. Too bad Tiffany couldn’t kiss her over the phone.

She took her phone out of its Ziploc bag and smiled at it. Her precious…oh…there was a message from Tiffany!

here’s jess’ number. I’ll be waiting
for your call!(:

Taeyeon’s grin stretched from east to west in one huge curve. It was time to make the call.

She took a deep breath and was about to do it when her phone rang. Her finger froze, a mere inch from tapping Tiffany’s contact and swiped her screen instead.

“Taengoo!!! Tell me you got it!!!”

“I got it.”

“YES!!!”

“I’ll send it to you now.”

“Aww, you know I didn’t call you just for this. Was it good? Tony’s has the best steak and ambience, right?”

“She’s been there before…but we did enjoy the steak.”

“Ooo…she’s been there before huh. I wonder how many people have brought her there before.”

“Yul, you’re not helping.”

“Hahaha, okay, okay. I’m happy for you, girl. You should take the chance to call her or something. Start chatting on the phone, you know. It’s better than messaging.”

“I was about to call her when you called.”

“Ooo!!! Taengoo!!! You got the moves, baby. Okay, I won’t hold you up anymore. But remember to send her number before you call. Who knows how long your conversation will go on for and I’ll just die if I have to wait too long.”

Taeyeon snorted. Yuri and her dramatics. “Okay.”

“Seduce her with your y voice. Bye!”

“Bye.”

Taeyeon was turning red. y voice? Seduce? She wasn’t sure who had the ier voice and who was going to do the seducing when it came down to it. A few taps later, Taeyeon could imagine Yuri hopping like a bunny gone wild and poor Sooyoung and Seohyun having to be in the same apartment as her. Now…it was her turn. Call Tiffany.

BEEP! BEEP!

. Her phone’s battery was depleting soon. She’d better charge it before making the call.

Don’t wanna embarrass myself again. No, no.

But she couldn’t find her charger. Oh gawd. What was this ?

“Sunny! Have you seen my charger?”

“I borrowed it. Left mine at Sooyoung’s place.”

“Can I have it back? My phone’s dying.”

“Okay.”

Taeyeon took the ice pack and cleaned it before returning it to the freezer while she waited for Sunny.

“Er…Taeyeon…?”

“Yes…?”

Taeyeon had a sinking sensation in the pits of her stomach when she saw Sunny’s apologetic expression.

“I’m so sorry, I think I left it at Hyoyeon’s.”

“Nooo…”

“Do you need it urgently?”

Taeyeon sighed and shook her head. She didn’t want Sunny to feel bad about it.

“It’s alright. I’ll just…send a message…” she trailed off when her phone’s screen died.

.

~