#25

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea #25

 

With Tiffany's help, the table was set in no time and the dishes were served. Yoona was an exceptionally good cook and Taeyeon was glad she had chosen to have dinner with her friends instead of eating out with Tiffany. No doubt, time alone with Tiffany was awesome but Yoona's cooking was to die for. Yeah.

 

Seohyun often helped Yoona out in the kitchen and together with Sunny, a delicious, mouth-watering dinner was pretty much a guarantee. And so it was.

 

“Yoona, this curry rice is totally delish!” exclaimed Tiffany, after swallowing a mouthful of the rice.

 

Yoona's eyes twinkled, and her wide smile promised to give weak hearts a hard time. “Thanks! Eat more.”

 

“I most certainly will.”

 

Taeyeon grinned and stood up to scoop more of it onto Tiffany's plate.

 

“Thanks, honey,” chirped Tiffany and Taeyeon blushed to the roots of her hair as her friends straightened their backs and looked to them with eyes that looked mighty dangerous to her.

 

“Sweetie, do you mind passing the salt?” Sunny asked Sooyoung, sporting a devilish grin and Sooyoung was quick to return with a saccharine, “Sure, sugarbuns.”

 

Taeyeon burned, almost to a crisp, as embarrassment blazed a white-hot trail from her cheeks to her toes while the rest of her friends sniggered and did nothing to help. Only Seohyun was frowning. Seohyun was her only hope. She sneaked a peek at Tiffany but unlike her, Tiffany appeared to be unperturbed by the teasing that was going on. It was a good thing, she supposed.

 

“Do you cook?” Yoona asked Tiffany after a while and the latter smiled and shook her head.

 

“I'm not good at it. Neither is Jess. We're more likely to burn the kitchen down than to cook up a storm.”

 

Jessica pouted.

 

“It's totally cool if you're not a good cook,” Yuri chimed in and Taeyeon had to bite her tongue to keep from snorting.

 

“I can cook,” Jessica stated, her pout deepening and Taeyeon could see how Yuri was getting more and more into her. Jessica's pout was cute, and her disinterest in Yuri was refreshing, even to her. It was no wonder that Yuri was so charmed by this new interest. She could see why now.

 

“I don't think making sandwiches counts as cooking, Jess.”

 

“Tiff.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Shut up.”

 

Tiffany laughed out loud. “Okay, I'll shut up.”

 

Jessica's pout was somewhat cartoonic by now and her eyebrows were joining in the act as well.

 

“Sandwiches are great for all meals. It's a useful skill you've got there, Jessica,” said Yuri.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. She'd never thought she see Yuri like this. The tables had been flipped and Yuri was now acting like the girls who adored her. This was rich!

 

“Thanks.” Jessica's pout turned into a gentle smile.

 

“I'm sure they're delish too.”

 

Jessica covered her shy smile with a hand and looked at Yuri. “Not always.”

 

Taeyeon exchanged looks with Sunny who was seated opposite her and giggled. Sunny waggled her eyebrows and grinned. They understood each other's thoughts perfectly. Yuri was a complete goner and they weren't going to let her off without a truckload of teasing afterwards. Heh.

 

~

 

Seohyun volunteered to do the dishes while everyone scooted to the couch to grab a seat. Taeyeon, with her conscience pricking, stayed back to help. She shooed Tiffany to the couch and turned back to join Seohyun in the kitchen.

 

“Unnie...”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Your girlfriend is very nice.”

 

Taeyeon beamed from ear to ear. “Yes, she is.”

 

“You look very happy.”

 

“I am.”

 

“Then I'm happy for you, unnie.”

 

Taeyeon's heart warmed to the sincerity in Seohyun's eyes. “Thanks Seohyun.”

 

~

 

Taeyeon returned to the couch with Seohyun and saw that a space had been left beside Tiffany for her. Tiffany patted the space and smiled at her, inviting her with her eyes.

 

“Alright! Movie timeee!” cheered her friends as she took her seat and got comfortable. Tiffany linked their arms as though it were the most natural thing to do and placed a palm on her thigh. It was comfortable indeed. Next to Tiffany was Jessica and Yuri had managed to squeeze in between Jessica and the armrest. The rest of her friends were on beanbags and cushions. Everyone was comfy. Sunny pressed a button on the remote and the lights dimmed. It was movie time.

 

~

 

Trust Sunny to pick a sappy romance for movie night. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the choice of film. Was this some sort of match making movie night or what? Then again, maybe it was. Maybe Sunny had chosen it to help Yuri. Or to embarrass her. It was hard to tell. It was also hard to keep from snorting at the cheesy lines. Even harder to stop her hand from wandering up Tiffany's thigh when the characters in the movie began making out. Awkward.

 

“Wah!” exclaimed Jessica out of the blue and all eyes landed on her. “Look at that kiss!”

 

“I know right!” Sunny responded at the top of her shrill voice and Taeyeon had the urge to burst into laughter.

 

Tiffany giggled and Taeyeon blushed when her thigh was squeezed. All movie long, she'd been subjected to Tiffany's heart-fluttering touch, whispers and scent. Her blood was racing all over the place and it was hard to focus on the movie at times. And this squeeze didn't help. It didn't help one bit.

 

“If she doesn't accept his love, she's an idiot,” concluded Jessica and Sunny nodded in agreement.

 

“Totally. I hope she isn't that stupid.”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany exchanged looks, their lips pressed tight to keep from laughing. There was no doubt that Tiffany too, had seen Yuri gaping at Jessica's sudden outburst of emotion. Poor Yuri. Jessica was unlike any girl she had encountered before and it was a steep learning curve for her. But even before she began pitying Yuri, she had herself to pity first. She was having trouble breathing now that Tiffany decided to lay her head on her shoulder. It was getting harder and harder to keep her hands still. Especially with their recent makeout session still a vivid memory that replayed in her mind with startling clarity. Help.

 

“Anyone needs a drink? I'm gonna get one from the kitchen,” asked Taeyeon. A cold shower was out of the question but a cold drink might help.

 

“Ice cream?” asked Jessica.

 

“Sure, we have ice cream. Chocolate?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“I'll get it for you. I need a drink too.” Yuri stood and headed to the kitchen even before Taeyeon could move.

 

“Tiffany...?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“No thanks, honey.”

 

More eyes landed on Taeyeon and she ducked away quickly, blushing. She entered the kitchen and the sight of Yuri taking out a tub of chocolate ice cream from the fridge greeted her. “You're an embarrassment to us, Kwon Yuri.”

 

“You're not allowed to laugh at me...honey.”

 

Taeyeon blushed but refused to let Yuri get the better of her. “Why not? You're so whipped and you two aren't even an item yet,” she pressed on.

 

“That's because you conveniently left out the fact that Jessica was coming. I was lying on your lap when she came and you just happily let me lie there. In this drabby outfit,” Yuri hissed, her arms gesturing at her hoodie and sweatpants to get her point across.

 

But Taeyeon was more amused than ever. “Jessica doesn't seem to mind your outfit.”

 

Yuri huffed and flipped her hair with extravagence. “That's because I'm so hot that it doesn't matter.”

 

“Urgh,” went Taeyeon, making gagging noises and Yuri smacked her hard in retaliation. “Oww!”

 

“Grow up, kiddo. You're about as mature as a nine-year-old.”

 

“And you're younger than me so that makes you eight-and-a-half.” Taeyeon stuck her tongue out before grabbing a can of Sprite and making a run for it. She made it back to the couch safely and opened the can. One mouthful of the cold drink later, she felt calmer and ready to take on the world. Yeah, let it rip.

 

She settled down, confidence renewed and smiled at Tiffany who was cuddling up to her again. No problem. She could handle it. She had a cold drink. Yeah, she ruled the world. Yuri returned a moment later and handed Jessica the ice cream. The sleeping beauty accepted it with thanks and the rest of the movie played on without disturbances other than Jessica and Sunny's spazz over the passionate scenes.

 

~

 

The movie ended and Taeyeon heaved a sigh of relief. Thank goodness everything had gone smoothly and nothing embarrassing had happened. Hurray. She watched as Tiffany headed for the bathroom and stood up to stretch. Only, she'd forgotten about the drink can she'd left on the floor by her feet after finishing it and that was the very thing she stepped on. From then on, everything seemed to be happening in slow-motion. She could feel the can wobbling as she tried to maintain her balance but it rolled too far out and her body weight veered right, then left, then right again. The next thing she knew, she'd fallen backwards, crashing into Jessica who was just getting up and they both fell onto the couch.

 

Taeyeon winced as a shrill scream rang out. Surely, a voice like that could shatter glass.

 

“Your hand!” Jessica shrieked.

 

“Huh?” Taeyeon looked at her hand. Homaaageerrddd. Why was it on Jessica's...chest? How did it get there? And why was it holding her? Her mind exploded in sheer horror and of all times, that was when her fingers decided to twitch.

 

“Eek!” Jessica shrieked again and launched a full scale attack on her. She retracted her hand in a hurry and yelped as Jessica shoved her so hard that she rolled off the couch and onto the floor with a loud thud.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany exclaimed, squatting beside Taeyeon to help her up. “Are you alright?”

 

Taeyeon groaned as she got to her feet. The first thing she saw when she looked up was an astounded Yuri whose jaw was hanging loose on its hinges. The next thing she saw was Jessica's crimson red face and an accusing finger pointing in her face.

 

“ert!”

 

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!” Taeyeon tried to explain, desperate in her hope that Tiffany wasn't going to think the worst of her after this. “I-M-My fingers, my fingers were being weird!”

 

“Jess, I'm sure Taeyeon didn't do it on purpose.”

 

“I swear, I didn't even know what I was touching until you screamed at me.”

 

“What am I? A brick wall?” Jessica retorted.

 

“I'm sorry. Really sorry,” Taeyeon apologized from behind Tiffany. “I didn't mean to.”

 

“Jess...it was an accident.”

 

Taeyeon watched with fearful eyes as Jessica took several deep breaths. Jessica was kind of scary. Was Yuri afraid too? Yuri looked more stunned than afraid but then again, maybe this was the sort of fiery girl she liked. Yuri's taste in ladies was varied and Taeyeon couldn't be sure.

 

“You're right.” Jessica's flare of anger had seemingly dissipated into thin air with the few seconds and she was beginning to look a little embarrassed. “I'm sorry.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, her relief flooding her as she said, “It's alright.”

 

“Then everything is alright! It's just a misunderstanding,” chirped Sunny and that was the end of that as the rest of her friends began laughing at the hilarity of the entire incident. Yes, trust Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Sunny to find it funny when it was, in fact, insanely embarrassing. Dang it. Even Tiffany was laughing. And to think she'd been so close to getting through this whole night unscathed too.

 

.

 

~

 

Jessica and Tiffany bid their goodbyes to the others at the door but Taeyeon and Yuri went down with them to their cars.

 

“Thanks for having us. I had a good time,” said Jessica. “Sorry about that blow up.”

 

“Don't worry about it. Join us again, we'll welcome you with open arms,” said Yuri and Taeyeon nearly snorted. We? Open arms? Your open arms, you mean.

 

“Goodnight, Taeyeon.” Tiffany hugged her and kissed her cheek, causing a blush to spread rapidly across her skin. “I had a great time tonight.”

 

“Me too. Goodnight, Tiffany. Drive safe and call me when you get home.”

 

“I will.”

 

Taeyeon and Yuri stood and watched as Jessica and Tiffany got into their cars and started the engines. Then, they waved as the cars pulled out of the parking lots and headed out to the road. As soon as the cars disappeared from view, Taeyeon found herself being shaken violently by a certain girl who was beside herself with exhilaration.

 

“Ommmaigeeerrddd Taeyeon! Jessica knows who I am now!”

 

That was the last straw, as the madness of the whole episode crashed and swooshed over her like a tidal wave and Taeyeon burst into laughter, loud and unbridled as Yuri shook her.

 

“Hey, stop laughing. You'll hurt my feelings, you know.”

 

But Taeyeon couldn't stop. The most ridiculous crap just had to hit on her tonight. And Yuri's plight was just plain funny. To think a popular girl like Yuri had to contend with a super duper strange girl like Jessica when she had the entire forest at her disposal. The whole thing was just one gigantic joke.

 

“She might have forgotten your name by Monday,” Taeyeon teased and regretted instantly for she found herself being shaken again.

 

“No. No way. . She won't.”

 

Taeyeon squirmed out of Yuri's grip and shrugged. “Guess we'll find out on Monday. You still crashing the lecture?”

 

“Of course. I'll definitely be there.”

 

Taeyeon grinned. She definitely looked forward to Monday now.

 

The was on!

 

~