#19

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea #19

Taeyeon was a happy girl. Whistling as she showered, she took her time to clean herself. She didn’t usually take long showers but today was different. Today was Saturday and she was going to see Tiffany! She’d attended her class and spent the better part of the afternoon completing the essay then having dinner with Noeul. But Saturday night belonged to Tiffany and she was excited. It’d been a while since she had a Saturday night date but thanks to Tiffany, the drought in her love life had come to an end.

Rainbows flying, stars shining, winds caressing. Life was good. So, so good.

~

The girl staring back at her had curled eyelashes, lengthened by mascara, defined by eyeliner. She also had a hint of a blush on her cheeks and a soft pink colouring her lips. She smiled at the girl and the girl smiled right back at her. She nodded, satisfied with what she saw.

Standing up, she checked out the rest of the girl. Leggings that resembled her second skin was topped by a pastel pink, green and beige-coloured long sleeve sweater. A pair of ankle-high boots would complete the look, she knew. She took one last look at her hair, admiring how soft it looked. Sunny’s reccommendation definitely worked wonders on her hair.

Alright. Aesthetically, she was ready. But was her heart ready for this?

~

She stood under a street lamp, waiting patiently. Her heart thumped hard within her ribcage and almost jumped right out of it when a husky voice greeted her.

“Hi, Taeyeon.”

Her head shot up and her eyes met with Tiffany’s. Every time it happened, Taeyeon felt as though she was about to lose her soul, so deep were Tiffany’s eyes. Tiffany giggled, bringing her out of her trance and she blushed.

“Hi, Tiffany.”

“You’re so pretty.”

Taeyeon smiled, elated yet awkward. “I should be the one saying that.”

And she being honest too. Tiffany was stunning. She looked fabulous yet casual in her skin-tight jeans, grey tank and a funky red jacket-like thing. Taeyeon didn’t know what it was but it looked gorgeous on her. Anything would look fantastic on her anyway. She was awesome like that.

“Aww, you’re so sweet, Taeyeon. Thank you.”

They smiled at each other and for a moment, that was all Taeyeon wanted to do. They could’ve done nothing but smile all night and it would still have been the best Saturday night date ever, in her opinion.

“So…what do you wanna watch?” ask Tiffany as they began to walk towards the box office. They stopped before a large screen that was flashing the movie screening timings and looked.

“Romance?”

“Horror?”

Taeyeon turned to Tiffany just as she turned to her. They’d spoken at the exact same time.

“Horror, then.”

“Okay, romance.”

Once again, the exact same time. This was beginning to tickle Taeyeon and she giggled. Tiffany started giggling too and soon, they were a mess of giggles, unable to stop.

“Mmm, how about neither. Let’s watch something else.”

“Okay…how about this one?” Taeyeon pointed at the poster of an animated film. “I heard that it’s quite funny. Those yellow things are kinda cute too.”

“Minions, you mean.”

“Oh, that’s what they are?”

“Uh huh.”

“Okay. Let’s watch it then?”

“Okay. You get the popcorn, I’ll get the tickets.”

That sure sounded like a good plan.

~

They found their seats and settled down, making themselves comfortable. She’d been surprised to find out that Tiffany had gotten the pricier couple seats and tried to mask it. Or at least hope it wasn’t too obvious. Deep down inside, she was turning cartwheels yet at the back of her mind, there was a nagging worry:

How close could she get to Tiffany?

She didn’t want Tiffany to misunderstand her so she decided to play it safe. She would sit close, but not too close. Their arms would brush but that would be all. She would behave. But Tiffany had other ideas, it seemed. She shifted, cutting the distance between them down to zero and linked arms with her. Taeyeon’s eyes bulged at the feeling of Tiffany’s arm rubbing against her side and froze. Her grip on the tub of popcorn grew tighter and tighter as she tried not to embarrass herself.

Hold it in. Hold it in. It’s okay. I’m okay.

Taeyeon shut her eyes for a moment to calm herself. Tiffany’s pleasant scent was drifting into her nostrils and her mind was swamped by it. Oh man, all her senses were under attack! Help! Then, to make things worse, Tiffany shifted yet again, this time, resting her head on her shoulder.

Oh, holy shiiiiiiiiit.

Now, her left arm wasn’t hers and neither was her left shoulder. Both of these body parts had abandoned her and gone to heaven. She couldn’t. She just couldn’t. Omagaaddd.

Eat the popcorn. Breathe.

She chewed and chomped on the popcorn and hoped that her heart would hold up through the movie. Tiffany reached into the tub and took some popcorn. Then, Taeyeon got the biggest surprise when Tiffany brought one to her lips. She blinked but was able to open and pluck it from Tiffany’s fingers.

Oh, holy shiiiiiiiiit.

Taeyeon wasn’t sure if she could make it through the movie without her heart stopping and giving up on her. Fortunately, the movie took her mind off things as she became engrossed in it. She laughed hard at the funny scenes, throwing her head back and letting it rip. The storyline was engaging and by the end of the movie, she’d become a fan of the minions. They were the cutest things ever.

Tiffany shifted a few times during the course of the movie but never once did she relinquish her arm. It was safe to say Taeyeon had lost all feeling in it by the end. A little ty but it was okay though. Totally okay by her. It was a good kind of .

~

Tiffany took her hand as they walked out to her car. Her pink car. Taeyeon still couldn’t understand Tiffany’s choice of colour but she respected it nonetheless.

“You really aren’t a fan of pink, huh,” said Tiffany, after they were seated in her car.

Taeyeon started. How did Tiffany know her thoughts?

“Oh, don’t look so surprised. It shows quite plainly on your face, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon flashed a sheepish grin and shrugged. “Why do you like pink so much though?”

“Pink is my colour.”

Taeyeon shook her head. It didn’t make any sense to her. “Is everything you own pink?”

Tiffany grinned. “Pretty much.”

“Too bad there aren’t any pink dogs,” laughed Taeyeon.

“Prince has a pink blanket, bed, a—”

“Wait. Prince is a girl?”

“No.”

Pink. Prince. Eww…

“Taeyeon.”

Uh oh…Tiffany sounded a little unhappy there. Taeyeon had to think of a way of this.

“Er…I’m sure Prince is a very handsome dog, right?” she said quickly, forcing an uneasy grin and hoping for the best.

Tiffany narrowed her eyes and gave Taeyeon a freezing glare before starting the engine. “Flattery gets you nowhere, Kim Taeyeon.”

“Prince must be really smart too. I wanna see him.”

“You could come over if you want.”

Yes! Crisis averted.

“I’d love to. When can I come?”

“How about right now?”

“Now?”

“My place is pretty close to yours. I can drive you back after.”

Taeyeon made a quick decision to agree. There were too many perks outweighing the cons. In fact, there weren’t any cons at all.

“Okay, let’s go now.”

“Great!” Tiffany chirped and broke into a wide smile that made Taeyeon’s heart skip.

~

Taeyeon was eager to see what Tiffany’s apartment was like. It turned out to be a pretty expensive looking place over looking the bustling street a few levels below. As expected, there was pink everywhere.

“Leave your shoes on the mat. Take a seat, make yourself comfortable,” said Tiffany as she headed towards her bedroom.

Taeyeon moved into the living room and sat down. The couch wasn’t pink (thank heavens) but there were pink heart-shaped cushions on it. Books lined the shelf behind the couch and a small table for dining stood right outside the kitchen that opened out to it with a bar counter.

It was a small yet compact living space and Tiffany kept it neat and tidy. Things were where they were supposed to be, unlike her own apartment where she and Sunny only cleaned up when they felt like it. Seeing the order in Tiffany’s apartment made her feel guilty for not cleaning up more. She resolved to clean up her apartment with Sunny. They would do it. Soon.

Prince was barking from behind Tiffany’s bedroom door. Well, not really barking. More like yipping. A shrill yip. Incessant yips. Prince was clearly an excitable dog and wasn’t on any account, a quiet one. Quite the opposite of her own dog, Ginger. She missed her dog after sending him to her family in her hometown. It was for the better though. Ginger would receive more care and attention back home. But she missed him. A lot.

A sudden nip at her feet had her jumping in her skin and she yelped in pain. A little white puppy was at her feet, biting away, yipping at her. She leapt to her feet and tried to move away from what she assumed was Prince.

“Prince!” Tiffany called, her voice stern and Prince whined but didn’t stop chasing Taeyeon’s feet. Neither did he stop yipping at Taeyeon. She couldn’t stop moving. If her foot remained still for even a second longer, Prince would nip it. What was up with this dog!

Tiffany managed to pick Prince up after a while but he continued yipping at her from Tiffany’s arms.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s up with Prince tonight.”

“He doesn’t like me,” Taeyeon said with a mournful pout.

“Aww, Taeyeon, don’t be sad.” Tiffany moved closer to pat Taeyeon’s arm but Prince yipped so fiercely that he almost managed to produce an actual growl. “Okay, Prince. Back to the bedroom you go.”

Taeyeon slumped onto the couch and hung her head while Tiffany returned to her bedroom with Prince.

Prince doesn’t like me.

She was sad. She loved dogs and dogs usually loved her too. Why didn’t Prince like her? And of all the dogs…it had to be Tiffany’s dog.

.

~