#40

Hurricane Diarrhea

Hurricane Diarrhea #40

“What did the doctor say?”

“She said I’m allergic to alcohol and lactose intolerant.”

“The doctor is a ‘she’?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Okay, so what else did she say?”

“She said to drink lots of water and rest.”

“Anything else?”

Taeyeon shook her head.

“That’s it?”

“That’s what I said too but she told me not to question her. She was kind of scary, actually.”

“Why was she scary?”

“Her eyes were scary. Kinda like yours this morni—” Opps. I shouldn’t be saying this…right?

“I was angry, Taeyeon. And I’m not over it yet.”

Taeyeon swallowed hard. “Er…don’t you like the flower?”

“I like it. But I’m still angry. Anyway, tell me what else she did.”

“She checked my stomach. Made me lie down on a bed and pressed my stomach. Then she undid my jeans and checked under it too.”

“She undid your jeans?!”

Taeyeon nodded. “It was a little weird but I suppose she had to check the whole area.”

Tiffany pouted. “Well, I suppose that can’t be helped. So that’s all she did?”

Taeyeon nodded. “That’s all.”

“So what medicine did you get?”

“I didn’t get any.”

“What? Why?”

“They said I don’t need medicine.”

Tiffany raised a brow, the word ‘skeptical’ written all over her forehead. “This doctor and her clinic sound totally wrong to me. I don’t think you should go back there again.”

“I went there because it was cheap.”

Tiffany’s eyes pierced hers right then and she almost looked away; it was so intense. “How broke are you?”

“M-Me? Broke?” Taeyeon broke into a nervous grin. “I’m not broke.”

“If you aren’t broke, why do you have to go to a dodgy clinic like this one?”

“They were offering a discount. I saw their ad online.”

“There’s a clinic just a few blocks from your apartment and you choose to go to some weird clinic just because it’s cheaper? Do you really need to save money like that?”

“Saving money is always a good thing…”

“Are you sure you aren’t broke?”

“N-No?” Uh oh. Why does Fany look so angry now? Oh . Does she know I’m lying?

“Taeyeon, I don’t like being lied to. So I’ll ask you one more time. Are you broke?”

Taeyeon hung her head. “Yes.”

“Why?”

“I spent all my money on .”

“. Why would you spend all your money on p—” Tiffany broke off and sighed. “It’s the new ? You’re broke because you spent all your money on for me?”

Taeyeon nodded, her head still hung but Tiffany raised it with her hands cupping her face. They looked eye-to-eye for a while and Taeyeon blinked non-stop, unnerved by the unwavering gaze of Tiffany’s. Then, without as much as a hint, Tiffany kissed her, muting her squeak as her lips engulfed hers whole. She couldn’t pull or turn away; Tiffany’s hands were holding her face so tight and as the initial shock wore off, her eyes began to close and she sank into the warmth of Tiffany’s deep, passionate kiss.

They spent minute upon minute exploring, teasing, encountering. The words that couldn’t describe how they felt were best expressed through shy touches, bold , hungry . Nothing could say it better than this and Taeyeon could feel just how frustrated Tiffany was from the way her lips pressed up against hers. Harsher than necessary, yet arousing nonetheless. It was a bruising kiss but she probably deserved it for one reason or another. What had she done to make Tiffany so angry?

Taeyeon was reduced to panting when Tiffany finally stopped. She too, was panting and they stared at each other for the longest moment. It wasn’t until Tiffany broke their gaze and leaned back against the couch that Taeyeon asked, “Why are you so mad at me?”

“Don’t keep things from me. Don’t hide your troubles.”

“What do you mean?”

Tiffany picked up the pink rose and waved it in her face. “This. You bought this even though you have no money left. It’s not necessary.”

“How did you know I’m broke?” Sunny wouldn’t have told her about it…

“You told me last night.”

“I told you last night?”

“You were talking in your sleep.”

Taeyeon palmed her face. Argh! She’d forgotten all about her tendency to sleep talk. And clearly too. “What…did I say?”

“I’m the queen. Queen of the night. Woohoo! But I’m broke. I’m so broke,” Tiffany imitated.

. She’d practically told Tiffany everything in her sleep! Taeyeon groaned.

“Taeyeon, am I your girlfriend or not?”

Taeyeon nodded. “Of course you are.”

“Then, you’ve gotta be honest with me. Don’t keep things to yourself.”

“I…”

“You need to be able to tell me these things. Tell me.”

“I…”

“What are you trying to say, Taeyeon?”

“I’m sorry.”

“You’re forgiven,” Tiffany said with a smile, “if you promise not to get yourself into this kind of again.”

“I…I’ll try…”

Tiffany shook her head. “No. Promise you won’t hide things from me. Promise you won’t get so drunk again. You shouldn’t be drinking so much if it’s gonna give you diarrhea.”

“But I wanna drink with my friends…I wanna drink with you…” Taeyeon pouted.

“Taeyeon.” Tiffany sounded annoyed and Taeyeon realized this wasn’t the best time to protest. Best to appease Tiffany first.

“Alright, I’ll cut it down. I won’t drink too much.”

“And don’t go spending all your money and end up broke again.”

“I won’t.”

“Then I’ll forgive you.” Tiffany gave her another kiss and she couldn’t help but smile. But her smile faded as soon as Tiffany suggested they go for dinner. She couldn’t afford it. Not with a grand total of zero dollar bills in her possession. “What is it? Taeyeon…you promised to tell me everything.”

“I don’t have money for dinner.”

“Why not?”

“I spent my last twenty bucks at the clinic.”

Tiffany sighed, “In that case, dinner’s my treat.” Then, a cheeky grin played across her features and she said, “I’ll be your sugarmama tonight.”

“Sugarmama?”

Tiffany grinned and nodded. “Sugarmama. I’ll pay for everything and you’ll be mine tonight.”

“To…night?”

“Yes, tonight…” Tiffany replied, her voice husky all of a sudden, the gleam in her eyes doing nothing to calm Taeyeon’s thumping heart, “…after dinner…”

~

“How did you know I like pink roses though? I don’t remember telling you about it. Or did you get lucky with your choice?” Tiffany asked as they walked hand-in-hand to the restaurant Tiffany had chosen for dinner.

Taeyeon tensed at the thought of having to give Sunny away if she came clean with Tiffany. But she wanted to make good her promise to Tiffany. “Sunny told me.”

“Sunny?” Tiffany blinked in surprise and Taeyeon knew she had some explaining to do. But it appeared she didn’t have to. Tiffany’s attention had drifted elsewhere, evident in the way her eyes looked right beyond her. Taeyeon looked in the direction Tiffany was staring at and saw what would’ve looked incredibly odd to anybody else: Yuri and Jessica seated side-by-side, sleeping peacefully, Jessica’s head resting on Yuri’s head, which was on her shoulder. To her however, it looked oddly sweet and she couldn’t help giggling.

D’aww, that was oddly romantic.

No .

~