Run Like the Wind

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

SNSD- Run Devil Run
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Unnie I'm so nervous… I feel almost as nervous as getting on stage," Miyong squeaked, fiddling with her hoodie.

"You'll be fine Miyong; you're the best runner I know," Sil Lo chuckled from behind the wheel, turning into the parking lot.

The date was May 2, 2011. Miyong had finished the last of her concerts on the 29th of April and was glad for it. The very first time she had stood backstage to perform Ringmaster, her single, her knees had nearly given out from nerves. The boys had called her and wished her the best of luck and that they would be watching and waving team flags making her nerves ease slightly, but they were still there. She had managed to swallow her fears and get on stage to perform however, and all seemed to go well as the crowd wouldn't stop screaming when she was done.

The couple performances after that had been just as nerve wracking, but once she was on the stage, she could feel the energy of the fans seep into her and would perform with all of her might. She was determined to have that happen today as well.

Sil Lo got out of the car and opened Miyong's door for her, the idol stepping out and flattening her skirt.

"Ah! Unnie~!"

Miyong turned to see a smiling face running towards her, waving their hand above their head.

"O-oh! IU-ssi, it's nice to meet you," Miyong stumbled, giving the younger a quick bow.

"Oh Unnie, you don't have to be so formal," IU giggled. "It's nice to meet you as well. Congratulations on your shows, I saw your Beijing debut on TV."

"Really? Thank you," Miyong smiled, an embarrassed tone on her cheeks. "Are you here for recording too?"

"Yes, Bongsun-Unnie is here as well," IU replied, turning to point to the stout woman talking with a couple crew members. "You two haven't met before have you? Come on, I'll introduce you~!"

Before Miyong could say a word, IU grabbed her by the hand and pulled her over towards the group, their managers introducing themselves to each other and shaking hands.

"Bongsun-Unnie~! Miyong-Unnie is here~!" IU sang as they got closer.

"Ah! Miyong-ah, welcome!" Bongsun grinned.

"It's very nice to meet you Unnie, I've seen you on TV before and find you very comical, especially when you beat up Jaesuk-Oppa and Sukjin-Oppa," Miyong giggled with a bow.

"Ah you saw the good episode then! Didn't I do well?" Bongsun chirped with a grin, fists on her hips.

Miyong and IU both nodded with smiles.

"Alright ladies, if you would please come this way," the producer called out, motioning for them to follow him.

The three followed him into the Stadium where he gave them an orange towel and offered Miyong a white shirt.

"It's alright, I brought extra clothes," she declined politely.

"Alright. So first of all, welcome to both IU and Miyong and thank you for coming out today," he began, the two girls smiling and nodding. "So as I'm sure you know, this program is one that involves a lot of running, hence the name. There are volunteers out in the area to help you three fulfill your mission-"

"What's our mission?" Bongsun asked, already having heard the usual speech.

They were handed a mission card and Bongsun began reading.

"Find the nametags of the Running Man members under the citizens' sport shoes to get them out of the game.

"This is your bracelet. When your bracelet is removed, you're out," the producer explained, handing the three golden coloured bracelets.

"I can't wear it, what do I do?" Bongsun laughed, attempting in vain to put the bracelet on her wrist.

Miyong took it from her as IU watched, the older idol attempting to find a place on the older woman's arm where it would fit. "It's too small…"

"Try fastening it around your leg," IU suggested.

"The Running Men are already here, start your mission quickly," the producer clamed.

The girls nodded and quickly changed, Miyong slipping off her pink hoodie so that she was wearing a white t-shirt and slipping on a pair of black shorts under her skirt, taking it off after.

"Alright ladies, are you ready to begin?" the producer asked. "The first team will be here soon."

"Yeah! Let's do our best to win alright?" Bongsun cheered, putting her hand out.

IU and Miyong placed their hands on top of hers and they cheered, throwing their hands up before moving out into the arena.

The vast open track field made Miyong's eyes widen with joy, having already begun to miss her time in the Track & Field team in her high school.

"AH! You're Miyong aren’t you!?" a girl squealed when she walked onto the grass. "I saw your debut stage on TV, you are so daebak!"

"Thank you, I'm glad you liked it," Miyong laughed.

"You looked so nervous at first, but then you started singing and dancing and it made the show so much more fun to watch!" another girl claimed, clapping her hands in excitement.

Miyong could feel her cheeks colouring from all of the compliments.

"I'm very grateful for all of your support, I hope that I will continue to have it in the future," she said, giving the group a deep bow.

"Of course! And we'll support you today as well! Right Yongsu!" another girl cheered, nudging one of the boys with her elbow.

"Absolutely!" he cheered, giving her a wide grin.

"Miyong-ssi…"

The idol turned to see a man standing behind her with a kind smile, a camera leisurely resting on his shoulder. "It's nice to meet you, my name is Soo Hanyeol and I'll be your VJ for today," he greeted with a smile.

"Ah, it's nice to meet you Oppa… but you're not going to follow me with that are you?" Miyong asked after giving him a bow, motioning to the camera on his shoulder.

"No no, I have a handheld," he laughed, lifting his hand to show her the small camera.

Miyong smiled and lead her group out onto the field. "Can I loop my arm with yours?" she asked, tugging on one of the boy's shirts. "They'll be looking for same gender groups…"

The boy nodded and offered her his arm, Miyong looping hers with his as the others followed around the duo.

"What's your name?" she asked with a small laugh.

"Im Jongin," he laughed.

"Omo, really!? I have a dongsaeng named Jongin, he's very cute~" Miyong cooed with a grin.

The group laughed and continued through the field.

Miyong caught sight of Bongsun rip a nametag off of someone's shoe, Kwangsoo being announced as out.

"Ah, Bongsun-Unnie has already found a nametag, we must find some too," Miyong sighed, her eyes quickly scanning all shoes in her view. "Can I see the bottoms of your shoes?"

All of her group mates lifted their feet for her to see, all of them having 'Running Man' on the stickers.

"So instead of Running Man it'll say their names? It should be fairly easy to spot then…"

Suddenly, another arm looped with Miyong's making the girl jump and look at her other side.

"Aish, IU you scared me half to death," Miyong hissed.

"Sorry Unnie, but I'm getting nervous from all of the Running Men dashing about; I almost got caught by Gary-Oppa a few seconds ago," IU booed, her group joining Miyong's in a small charge.

"Well we can't stay together, we'll get spotted easier. You go that way and look for Running Man tags, I'll go this way and to the same," Miyong claimed, nodding her head to the side.

"Alright, I'll do my best Unnie! Fighting!" IU cheered, unlatching herself and walking away with her group.

"Alright Jongin, we must do our best to find nametags, you'll help me right?" Miyong smiled up at her escourt.

Jongin chuckled and nodded.

"Ah! Unnie look there!" one of the girl whispered, dashing up to Miyong's side and pointing to a group of boys. "The boy with the glasses!"

Just as Miyong's eyes went over to the group, Bongsun barreled into them and began ripping off their shoes.

"Aish, Bongsun-Unnie's going to be found out at that rate," Miyong giggled, the others following her as she lead them across the field again.

"Oh! There, there!" Miyong hissed suddenly.

She released Jongin's arm and dashed over to a group of girls, quickly throwing her arm over one of their shoulders.

"Excuse me I don't mean to intrude on you lovely ladies, but may I see your shoes?" Miyong laughed.

The three girls covered their faces and laughed once they saw who had ambushed them, but lifted their shoes so that the idol could see the soles, all of which said 'Running Man'.

"Aish… well thank you anyways-"

"Miyong-ssi could I have your autograph?" one of the girls squealed.

"N-Now? Can I give you one after the mission is done?" Miyong yelped.

"No I want one now!"

"Me too!"

"I'm sorry but I can't right now. If you meet me by the exit before we all leave I'll give you one then alright? Promise!" Miyong claimed before dashing away.

"Are you alright Unnie?" one of her group members asked once she returned to them.

"Yeah, they just wanted an autograph at any cost," she laughed, looping her arm with Jongin's again when he offered it. "For helping me to win I shall give all of you my love and maybe something small…"

"You don't have to Miyong-ssi, we'll be happy enough just to help you," one of the older girls smiled.

"Dawww, can all my fans be like you Unnie?"

The group laughed and continued walking, Haha and Jihyo soon being ousted.

"Awww, Haha-Oppa!" Miyong whined. "I wanted to run into you before you were eliminated…"

"But wouldn't you have gotten caught?" Jongin chuckled.

"Me, caught? Never! I run like a locomotive; nigh uncatchable!" Miyong huffed, patting herself on the chest.

"There goes Bongsun-Noona!" one of the other boys snickered, pointing up to the benches.

Sure enough, the stout woman was being chased down by Jaesuk and Sukjin, Bongsun looking like she was ready to collapse from exhaustion.

"Poor Unnie's going to get caught!" Miyong laughed, finding the scene too amusing. "We must find a nametag quickly!"

The group continued to scour all shoes they came across, Miyong's pout becoming more defined as all she came up with her blanks.

'Yoo Jaesuk, Ji Sukjin, out!'

"Eh!? Woa, IU daebak!" Miyong gaped, seeing Bongsun still up in the bleachers with the older men. "Aish I'm being shown up by my dongsaeng!"

Miyong's group laughed and continued to look around for a nametag.

"This is so frustrating! I think I need new eyeballs or something!" Miyong huffed after thanking another group for letting them look at their shoes. "Oppa you should tell me who they are already!"

Hanyeol, her VJ, simply snickered and shook his head, keeping his hand-cam hidden as she continued walking with Jongin.

"Look look! IU's running after someone!"

"And Gary-hyung's right behind her!"

Miyong quickly pulled her group close to where they had all gone inside, soon hearing a cry of victory from Gary. She pulled Jongin to stand in front of her and squatted down on the ground to look around his legs, the others making a small protective circle so she couldn't be seen, Hanyeol crouching down with her.

"When IU comes out try to get her attention," she whispered to her group.

They all nodded and soon Gary walked out, holding IU's gold wristband over his head like a trophy.

"Jongkook-hyung! We win!" he cheered, waving the fabric in the air.

IU came out shortly after with an exhausted pout, one of Miyong's group members instantly waving at her. IU waved back with a smile until they motioned to a hidden Miyong behind them. The younger instantly began pointing towards one of the boys who were walking out in the crowd before having to walk away with Gary.

"What do you mean there's one more guest!?" Miyong heard Jongkook roar. "Who is it!?"

Miyong smirked and dashed out of her hiding spot, sprinting with blinding speed towards the only boy with a strange tag on the bottom of his shoes.

"Gary! Kang Gary! It's Miyong! CATCH HER!!" Jihyo hollered, instantly recognising the swift idol.

Gary and Jongkook instantly spun around and dashed towards her, Miyong's group members running after her as well to try and help defend her.

"YA! Stop, running from me!" Miyong barked, finally the back of the boy's shirt and all but throwing him onto the ground with her on top of him. "Give me your foot! Your foot! YOUR FOOT!"

She relentlessly tugged at the boy's shoes and tore off the nametags just as she was hauled to her feet.

"WE WIN!!!" she cried, holding the tags over her head with a grin.

"UNNIE DAEBAK!!" IU yelled form the jail area.

Jongkook and Gary sighed as Miyong collapsed to the ground, flailing like an overturned turtle in glee.

The groups gathered back at the jail, Miyong with a giant grin as she dashed over and hugged Bongsun and IU.

"You know, I felt so useless; you two kept finding the nametags and I was just wondering around and complaining-"

"But you ended up getting the most important nametag Miyong-ah, and you made us the winners for that!" Bongsun laughed, clapping the taller girl on the back.

"Yeah, Unnie you were very good!" IU complimented with a smile.

Miyong grinned and the three were soon brought over to a long table with the other Running Men. Bongsun whispered something into IU's ear as they walked over to the hosts, IU's face turning into a smile.

"Brother-in-law, hello~!" she greeted, giving Jongkook a bow.

"Wait! What did she say!?" Jaesuk laughed as Jongkook hung his head in embarrassment.

The group laughed and Miyong stood by Bongsun's other side.

"No, IU, Miyong, where were you all this time?" Jaesuk asked, pointing to them.

"I've always been skulking around," IU replied, motioning to the field.

"I was surprised you didn't hear me boo-hooing about not finding anything," Miyong added with a laugh.

"Around here, here?" Sukjin questioned.

"The two of us even walked together for a short time. Gary-Oppa especially kept going pass me," IU claimed.

The others turned to Gary, the man having a blank look on his face as they all laughed.

"The next game requires a change in grouping. The current Running Man team members remain unchanged. The guests can choose the team they want to join," the PD explained.

IU shimmied over to Miyong as the older girl fixed her shirt, Bongsun instantly walking over to stand behind Jongkook and Gary with a grin.

"Unnie, who's team do you want to be in?" IU asked in a whisper.

"Haha-Oppa," Miyong laughed. "But if you want to be on his and Jihyo-Unnie's team you can."

"Annyeo, you can go with them, I'll go with Jaesuk-Oppa~" IU smiled walking over to stand behind the two older men.

Miyong inwardly grinned and danced, walking over to stand behind the two green members.

"OK, everyone decided? I'll count to three," the PD called out.

"Ah wait a second. Someone is blowing air over here!" Jongkook laughed, keeping his eyes closed but moving away from Bongsun.

"One, two, three, turn around!"

"Oh! Miyong-ah! Hello!" Haha laughed, seeing the girl standing behind him and Jihyo with a smile. "And Kwangsoo too!"

Miyong spun around to see Kwangsoo standing behind her and gave him a bow in greeting.

"And… cut!"

"Miyong-ah it's very nice to meet you!" Haha greeted, offering her his hand with a grin.

"It's nice to meet you too Oppa, and you too Jinhyo-Unnie~!" Miyong sang, shaking hands and giving bows to both of them as well as Kwangsoo.

"I'm sure we'll win now that Miyong-ssi's on our team!" Jihyo laughed, putting an arm across the girl's shoulders with a grin.

Miyong nodded with a smile.

"This may seem like an odd question, but do any of you have a pen or marker I can borrow?" Miyong suddenly asked.

"Me? No I don't have one, sorry," Kwangsoo bowed.

"Ask your VJ," Jihyo laughed motioning to the man.

"Ah, Oppa do you have a marker or pen I can borrow?" Miyong asked, skipping up to him.

Hanyeol smiled and dug into his jacket pocket, pulling out a black pen and handing it to her.

"Thank you, I'll bring it right back!"

Miyong dashed a little away from the filming site to a group of girls standing by the bleachers. "Sorry I'm late, do you have any paper?"

"You… you actually came??" one of them questioned, sounding baffled.

Miyong gave them an odd look. "Of course I came, I promised didn't I? If there's one thing you'll soon learn about me is that I never EVER break a promise!" she claimed, thumping her chest with her hand.

The girls smiled and quickly dug out a few scraps of paper and handed them to the idol, Miyong shimmying over to the bleachers so that she could sign it with their names after asking them.

She handed the autographs back and the girls thanked her and quickly left, Miyong waving after them with a smile. She saw another familiar group walking towards the exit and beamed.

"JONGIN-AH! FRIENDS OF JONGIN'S!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! I LOVE YOU~~!!" she hollered, cupping her hands around .

The boy and his friends turned with a round of laughs, waving over at her before walking out of the stadium.

"Made some friends huh?"

Miyong turned to see Sil Lo standing behind her with a knowing smile, a green hoodie over her arms.

"Ne, I really hope that I can continue to have fans and friends like them; they were very kind and understanding, not to mention helpful," Miyong claimed with a laugh.

"I'm sure you'll have many fans just like them Miyong-ssi," Sil Lo chuckled, handing the girl her hoodie.

Miyong nodded and quickly slipped it on over her shirt, Sil Lo handing her the idol's phone.

'3 texts'

Miyong raised an eyebrow and slid her phone open, laughing as she read them.

'Noona~! I heard you were going on Running Man today! Fighting!!'

'Noona! Are you already on the set? Aish that's why you didn't answer me! Noona, run well! Fighting!'

'Noona~! I told the others that you were going on Running Man today and they wanted me to ask for autographs! We love you~! Beat Jongkook-hyung well! Fighting!'


Miyong's smile grew with each text, her ears burning in slight embarrassment.

"Aish my silly Jonginnie, what will I do with you?" she giggled. "Unnie do you have my notebook on you by any chance?"

Sil Lo rolled her eyes and reached into her duffle bag, pulling the ringed book out and handing it to her charge.

"Thank you Unnie; you're the best~!" Miyong sang, quickly taking the book and dashing back to where the others were. "Oppa~~!"

Haha turned when Miyong dashed up to him and tapped him on the shoulder with a wide smile.

"I was talking to my dongsaengs and they asked if before we're done I could get everyone's autographs before I have to leave. Could I possibly get yours?" she asked with a shy grin.

Haha laughed and took the book and pen from her and walking over to the table.

"Ya Hyungs, come over here and sign Miyong's book!" he called out after handing Jihyo the pen.

The woman signed the book and handed the pen to Kwangsoo as the others meandered over.

"What are we signing?" Gary asked.

"My dongsaengs asked  me to get everyone's autographs before I left today," Miyong explained again with a smile.

"Ah~! How many are there?" Jaesuk asked, taking the pen from Kwangsoo.

"There's nine of them."

"NINE!?" the group yelped.

"They're my close dongsaengs from my trainee days," Miyong laughed.

"What are their names?" Jongkook asked.

"You don't have to write all of them down," Miyong laughed.

"I want to, tell me their names," the Commander laughed, looking up at her.

"Kim Jongin… Kim Minseok… Kim Joomyeon… Wu Yifan… Do Kyungsoo… Zhang Yixing… Hwang Zitao… yes they're Chinese… Park Chanyeol… and Oh Sehun."

Jongkook laughed as Miyong stole the pen form him and scribbled out Lay and Tao's names, writing the correct characters making the others laugh. Sukjin and Gary signed the book as well, adding small greetings to the boys before handing it back to Miyong, the girl quickly flipping to another page and handing it back to Haha with a coy smile.

"Sign for your number one fan?" she asked, batting her eyelashes at him.

The others burst out laughing when Haha's face went blank, pointing to himself as Miyong laughed and nodded. The man grinned and gave a small cheer before taking the book and pen, signing it with big letters and lots of hearts and happy faces.

"Thank you everyone~!" she sang, clutching the book to her chest with a grin.

"Your welcome. Now let's head out to the next location," Jaesuk announced, leading the charge into the stadium building.

The others gave a small cheer and followed after him, Miyong and IU linking arms with a pair of smiles.


Hopefully the boys would enjoy their present when she got back.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter's a wee bit late, but I managed to sit down and finish it in one sitting! Sorry that it took so long.

Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and commented and a special shout-out to I-Love-EXO, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove and -baekyeol for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and comments are appreciated.

--Sour