Stumbling & Stammering

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

EXO K- Black Pearl
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Are you sure about this? I don't want you to go down if you don't feel comfortable," Sil Lo claimed.

"Hush Unnie, I can't hide from them or it'll make poor Oppa seem like a horrible person. Besides, I have to let it go and seeing all of them will probably help lots," Miyong replied with a slight pout.

A week has gone by since Miyong's confession to Xiumin and though the girl could say she was feeling better compared to the day after, there was still a fair amount of heartbreak constricting her chest when she'd think about it. She wasn't really surprised by the feeling; she'd liked Xiumin for nearly five whole years, her feelings wouldn't just disappear overnight; it was going to take some time for her to heal.

"Oh! Actually Unnie, can you pull up over there?" Miyong asked, leaning forward to point at a shop just up ahead.

Sil Lo nodded and pulled up to the curb and turned off the van. The manager hopped out of the vehicle just as Miyong opened the door and stepped out.

"Do you remember everyone's favourite flavour still?" the older woman asked with a laugh.

"I know Sehun likes Choco and Luhan-Oppa likes Taro…" Miyong drifted off as the duo entered the shop, the bell ringing above their heads.

"Oh! Welcome, welcome~! What can I help you with today Miyong-ssi?" the employee beamed, instantly recognising the idol.

"I need lots of bubble tea… but I can't seem to remember what everyone likes…" Miyong pouted, her eyes scanning the long list of flavours. "Unniiieeeee~~"

"I'm already asking Miyong-ssi," the woman laughed, her phone in her hand as she typed away.

"Well, what flavours can I get you to start?" the employee chuckled.

"Well one Choco, one Taro and one Kiwi for now," Miyong replied, eyes still scanning the list.

When Sil Lo finally got a text back, the rest of the drinks were ordered, the female idol paying after they were all stacked onto several trays. The duo climbed back into the van and continued towards SM's headquarters.

After arriving and making their way inside, Miyong lead the way to the large practise room, poking her head inside to see that indeed, a handful of the boys were dancing in front of the mirrors while the others stretched or watched.

"Wait! I smell… I smell… I don't know what I smell but it's very odd…" Baekhyun suddenly called out, not straightening from his stretching position.

"JieJie~!" Tao called out, a wide grin stretching across his lips.

The rest of the boys turned making Miyong laugh and walk into the room, two of the three trays of bubble tea stacked in her hands.

"Am I allowed to come in? I brought gifts," she laughed, taking a few steps forward.

"Quick, someone tie down the maknae!" Chanyeol laughed as Sehun's eyes went wide.

The group laughed as Miyong walked closer and began to distribute all of the bubble teas to their rightful owners. When she got to Sehun she moved the cup so that it was just out of his reach and gave him a grin.

"Sing for it."

"Waee~?" the maknae whined, giving her a pout.

"You know what I'm talking about Sehun, do it," Miyong teased, giving him a knowing look.

"But it's not even my part~!" he whined again, his arms still stretched out for the drink.

Sehun continued to pout and looked around the room for one of his hyungs to back him up, only to be met with everyone watching him while trying to suppress their snickers. With a sigh Sehun lowered his arms.

"She's my black pearl~
" he sang quietly, his cheeks going slightly pink from embarrassment.

The boys all burst out into laughter as Miyong smiled, finally relinquishing the drink to the boy, Sehun quickly taking it from her hands with a small scowl.

"You're never going to let me live that down are you?" the maknae huffed. "The song's about finding a girl using a ship, not a drink…"

Miyong simply giggled and continued to hand out the drinks, pausing for a moment when she stood in front of the last two members.

"Thank you MeiMei," Luhan hummed, taking the two last drinks from her.

Miyong lowered her head and gave a hum in response before turning around and walking a little further away as Luhan handed Xiumin his own bubble tea.

"The cold shoulder? Really?" Kris hummed as he sipped on his drink.

"It's not the cold shoulder… it's the nervous shoulder…" Miyong whined, giving the giant a pout.

Kris sighed through his nose and patted her on the head with an understanding look.

An arm was suddenly placed across the female idol's shoulder making her jump and turn, a smile quickly creeping onto her lips.

"You know Noona, my offer still stands from last week when we were here," Kai claimed, sipping his own bubble tea while giving her a knowing look.

"Mmm, I know, and thank you Jonginnie, but I won't pester you with it quite yet," Miyong laughed, shifting her own drink into her opposite hand to give him a one-armed hug around the middle.

Kai smiled with a nod and gave her shoulder a slight squeeze before placing his bubble tea on the bench and returning to his practise.

"Had I known that shopping wouldn't make things any better I never would have offered to take you," Chen huffed as he and Baekhyun walked over.

"Yeah, we even carried your bags for you and everything," Baekhyun added with a pout.

"Ya, I ended up getting you two those shirts you wanted so you're not allowed to complain," Miyong scoffed, giving them a look.

"But you do know that he feels bad right?" Baekhyun claimed. "He keeps asking everyone how to make things better between the two of you but he's too nervous to actually do anything."

Miyong's face fell as Chen glared at his friend and elbowed him in the side, Baekhyun giving a yelp in pain and glaring at him.

"As much as I liked the idea of telling him off for hurting you in the first place, this it so weird seeing you two drifting apart like this; is there anything any of us can do to help?" Chen claimed.

Miyong shook her head.

"It's a girly and pathetic thing to say… but I just need time," Miyong replied, not taking her eyes off of her shoes. "I mean… for five years I managed to delude myself into thinking that it was possible and then someone pulls the rug out and…"

Miyong sighed and quickly took a deep breath to calm her heart.

"S-Sorry… I just…"

The two exchanged weary looks with each other as Miyong quickly rubbed at her eyes. She raised her head and gave them both a smile.

"Anyways, you guys are on a short break right now correct? Do you plan on doing anything with it or are you lazy bums just going to eat and sleep?" she asked with a laugh.

"Ya! Who are you calling a lazy bum!" Baekhyun barked, placing his fist on his hip while giving her a glare.

"You're absolutely correct Baekhyun; you have to have a bum for it to be lazy," she teased.

Baekhyun's face went pink as Chen let out a bark of laughter. At that moment however, Miyong's thoughts drifted back to Lauren's comments about the boys from their phone call the week prior. Her own cheeks went slightly pink and she covered her face with her hands while silently chanting that she'd kill her friend.

"Ya, why are you suddenly blushing? You thinking about someone else's bottom Miyong~
?" Chen teased, instantly noticing the girl's change.

"No!" she squeaked, instantly raising her head and giving him a panicked look. "No, no, no!"

"The first stage to acceptance is denial~" he mocked, giving her his usual cat-like grin.

"Aish, you pain! Don't use my own words against me like that!" she barked, swatting at him with her free hand.

Chen let out a laugh as he managed to dodge her hand making the girl pout.

"Miyong-ssi, we should head over to your own practise room now," Sil Lo claimed from the doorway.

Miyong nodded and gave a wave to the boys, them giving her a chorus of farewells as she followed her managed out of the door.

"Ah! MeiMei hold on one second!"

Miyong and Sil Lo both turned as Luhan came dashing up after them. He caught up to them and bit his lip for a moment before sighing and handing the girl a slim piece of paper.

"Wha?"

"It's from Xiumin…" Luhan claimed, rubbing the back of his head nervously. "He asked me to give it to you because he didn't want you to get upset if he tried to talk to you…"

Before Miyong could set her mind straight from his words, Luhan gave both her and Sil Lo a bow and quickly returned to their practise room. She turned her eyes to the paper in her hands and unfolded it.

'Miyong-ah

I'm very sorry that I hurt you with my words last week and I fully understand that right now you don't feel comfortable being around me. I just want you to know that I in no way feel wronged with the distance you are keeping; I just hope that you take your time to feel better, and when you do, that we can become good friends once again.'

Miyong's eyes watered and her hands subconsciously gripped the paper so tightly that it ripped causing Sil Lo to reach over and gently pry it from her hands.

"Come on, let's go to your room," the older woman coaxed.

With a gentle hand on her shoulder, Sil Lo turned Miyong around and walked her towards her practise room, the idol's head hung as a few tears escaped her eyes once again.

-=-=-

"I'm going to go get a drink, I'll be right back," Kris announced, standing from the bench.

"Ah, Hyung! Can I have a bottle of water too please?" Chanyeol asked from his sprawled out position on the floor.

"Me too please," Luhan panted, giving his friend an exhausted smile.

Several of the other boys raised their hands making Kris chuckle, and head out after doing a quick count.

Kris walked out of the practise room and almost instantly caught sight of a boy pacing back and forth in the hall. He was fairly tall with a slim nose and lips, wearing a beige coloured jacket and styled blue jeans. Not recognising him, Kris gave the boy an odd look and stepped forward to hear what he was apparently mumbling about.

"M-Miyong… n-no… n-noona?
Gah! S-stupid brain w-why can't y-you rem-member b-basic Kor-r-rean…" he growled. "I've been-n-n w-wat-tching over y-you and I th-think you're d-d-doing real-lly well s-so far…"

Kris's eyes hardened when he realized that the boy must have snuck in to see Miyong, the fear of him being a sasange and him following the girl making him see red.

"
Hey!" he barked, marching over to him. "How the heck did you get in here!? Unless you're given special permission then you can't come any further!"

The boy straightened instantly, his eyes widening as he found himself looking up at the idol, him only being around Kai's height.

"
I-I'm s-s-sorry… b-but I was t-told that I c-c-could come to s-s-see her…" the boy stuttered, giving Kris a fearful look.

"
Oh yeah? And who the hell was it that "Gave you permission"?" Kris demanded, adding in air quotes for emphasis.

The boy's mouth opened to reply when the door behind Kris opened.

"Yah! What the heck are you roaring about out he-"

Miyong froze when she saw the two males standing face to face, Kris with a glare and the boy with a somewhat terrified look, both of them quickly turning to look at her with confusion. Miyong's lips slowly curled into a wide grin and she began bouncing on the balls of her feet, clasping her hands in front of her.

"
JIAAAAA~~~" she squealed, instantly dashing over to the boy and launching herself at him, the boy laughing and quickly catching her to swing her around in circles making them both laugh.

He set her back down and Miyong's hands instantly went up to his cheeks, pulling him down so she could lay kiss upon kiss across his cheeks, nose and forehead.

"
Oh my god I have missed you more than life itself how are you doing!??!" she squealed, keeping her hands on his cheeks.

"
I'm alr-r-right, I'm s-s-sorry if I c-came at a b-bad t-t-tim-me," he stuttered, grinning down at her.

"
Oh nonsense, I will always have time for you, and if not I will make some!" Miyong chirped, lacing their fingers together and pulling him back towards her own practise room. "C'mon, I want to hug you and cuddle you and I refuse to do so in the middle of the hallway. Keep working hard Kris~!" she sang before the door shut.

Kris took his jaws off of the floor and raised an eyebrow in utter confusion.













What in the world had just happened…?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry that this one is a bit late guys. After hearing about Robin Williams I felt like my world was crumbling. The man basically built my childhood and suddenly he was gone and seemed to take it with him. I had friends to cry with though so I managed to bounce back fairly quickly, which I'm thankful for.

Anyways~

Big girl Miyong trying not to make poor Xiumin the bad guy, such a sweetie. But wait, who is this strange Chinese boy who has suddenly shown up at SME? And why/how does Miyong know him? Will Kris get everyone their drinks before he forgets?? Find out next chapter~


Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy, FixRate, IIVEEH, squeakumz, iAmAnonnymous, Jeongsin, ParkSeoMai23, KPOPCHIKA, greeneyes1990, heartarcfantasy21, arandomperson, ClassicallyRenee and xiumxn for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour